Press F to pay respects

Press F to pay respects

Other urls found in this thread:

animationguildblog.blogspot.com/2016/06/animation-expansion.html
youtube.com/watch?v=SlyNdduTs0A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I know they are closing up shop but they're not down yet and they will still do features (not DTVs).

animationguildblog.blogspot.com/2016/06/animation-expansion.html

As long as we still get the animated movies I'm fine sadly though while it's sad to see them close up shop they only have their self to blame.

F for their movie division too

You mean the movie that just set the record for highest grossing film in August of all time thats about to break 700 million?

What happened?

Yeah, the first one NOT directed by Hack Snyder.

>SS a huge success
>Comic sales up 79% in 3 months
>Critically acclaimed movies and video games consistently being released

Yeah they are doing just fine. Honestly WB pretty much has cornered the market on good videogames.

Only things like Storks and The Lego Batman Movie will be made, DTV stuff is killed after next year at least (see the return of Adam West Batman and 2 other DC DTV movies).

Anymore details about this so called death?

That's because Disney hasn't bought a major Video Game company yet. Like it or not, that's Disney's business model. "If we can't make it, we buy someone who can."
WB's business model is "If at first you don't succeed, do the exact same thing, just throw more money at it."

Disney is literally only winning in the movies. Not the comics or videogames. 1/3 isn't very good.

I'm being hyperbolic.

They're just not as good as they used to be. Everything went to shit starting with Justice League War. The only good thing since then has been Gods and Monsters, whose promised sequels have gone AWOL, and JLA: Trapped in Time. Instead of doing original stories, they insist on not only adapting existing comics, but butchering them beyond belief.

Justice League Action has yet to be evaluated, but it's the first action cartoon from DC since 2013 when a fucking BATMAN cartoon was abandoned.

Thats not much of a record to break and depending on if you count thursday, it has one of the sharpest declines in box office history

Just like BvS, all hype, no substance

They're both depressingly functional.

Still, it could be worse, they could have been like EA

We're talking about WB animation. Please go start a movie thread or join one of the many currently up.

>Critically acclaimed movies and video games consistently being released
wut

And Arkham Knight, the only actual DC game out in three years there unless you're seriously talking Lego shit, was horrible.

>Mad Max one of the highest grossing action films of all time
>Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, Shadows of Mordor, Mortal Kombat, Injustice

The videogame list goes on and on and on mate. You're a dumbass who doesn't know what hes talking about.

if that 1/3 makes enough money it works for them.

granted, I dont think its gonna be a sustainable model if their Marvel movies and Star Wars movies start underperforming. Or more likely if they throw too much money at movies no one will see (BFG, Lone Ranger, Tomorrowland).

If you thought Arkham Knight was outright horrible, I really dont see the value in your opinion.
It wasnt great, but far from just being unplayable.

>literally posts DC shitposting image
>i-i was talking about WB in general, not DC specifically
this is the state of snyderfags

WB didn't even break even on Fury Road.

Well, thread's lost. Sorry guys.

I have no respect to pay. I don't even have that key on my keyboard, that's how little respect I have or them.

The thread is about WB you stupid fuck. WB owns DC. No one was pigeon holing their success into capes cause thatd be retarded. I'm sorry your ashamed of your parent company MCuck

You don't like Batman TAS or Superman TAS or Batman Beyond or Justice League or Justice League Unlimited or Brave and the Bold or even Static Shock or Animaniacs or Pinky and the Brain or Xiaolin Showdown or Scooby Doo, etc?

You don't like Mask of the Phantasm or Sub-Zero or Crisis on Two Earths, etc?

You have respect for none of the work this studio has done over the past 36 years?

What is thread even for? You know that was just clickbait rumors right? Look at the date on that article. Theyve released multiple animated movies since then.

>sales=quality
wew lad

The PC version was literally unplayable though.

You literally said it was one of the highest grossing action movies of all time you dumb fuck.

Fixed.

>hat's because Disney hasn't bought a major Video Game company yet.
and it'll stay that way for a few more years. The japs ain't selling and ea will beat them to the kill the moment they smell a companies weakness.

Fixed.

Not everyone plays PC , user

Yes those people are called people who live in 3rd world countries.

>sarting with Justice League War
Flashpoint was the biggest fucking drop in quality and style I've ever seen from a DC animated feature.

Fuck, even the VOICES went to shit, though they tried to fix it, they still forced some awful shit, like that voice for Damian.

>Witcher 3
>WB

ARE YOU A FUCKING HIGH OR JUST PLAIN RETARDED?

BASED CDPR ARE BEHIND WITCHER 3, NOT WBSHITS

Bruh, WB had nothing to do with the Witcher series.

Why are people so eager to see Disney becoming a monopoly?

Remember, once they have no competition, they have no longer any reason to produce quality content

John Lasseter says otherwise.

SAAAAAAAATAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

of course he would
he has the most to gain out of all this

that's like asking Apple if all other hardware companies besides them going bankrupt would be a good thing

WBIE published it.

its not our choice

its warner brothers executives choice

and so far they have mainly chosen ego driven masturbatory pet projects of the husband of one of their producers

not that those projects are all bad, but they do NOT have the mass stylistic appeal of the disney MCU

>Admits his PC version is inferior
>Still finds a way to stay elitist
PCfags everyone.

I think they can if they just give us more Looney Tunes, also this

so many asshurt mouseketeers

But they literally have three new shows in production right now.

ironic you say that since they're making a show for disney
youtube.com/watch?v=SlyNdduTs0A

Disney won't be able to make video games ever. Their primary MO doesn't work with videogames.

I want Sup Forums to be gassed

>Critically acclaimed movies

I like the DCEU, but holy shit, that's the opposite of reality

Do you not understand how Hollywood works these days? By putting their eggs into fewer and fewer baskets they're guaranteeing that their films break more and more meaningless records. That means shit as to the success or failure of the film.