Mexican "culture"

Has mexico ever actually created anything culturally significant? I can't think of any great work of art to ever come out of Mexico.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fdvKlvVLVSw
youtu.be/OPdNlLhx0qo
youtube.com/watch?v=pmN6nQacGQY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Diego rivera and frida kahlo are considered legends you underage fucktard

>le mustache woman
Such art!

They have some pretty good food.

i could decorate my whole house with this stuff

looks comfy as fuck

>Frida Khalo, Diego Rivera, David Alfaro Siqueiros, Mayan calendar, Alebrijes, Dia de Muertos.

You should stop attending your Black History month classes Pete, and start reading about actuall existing history.

Yeah I need to be more tolerant. Look at these civilized mexicans, their traditions are just unique and different from out own, in no way are they violent and savage.

the fuck is up your ass?

Theres nothing wrong in human sacrifice

>The Mayan Calander is a Mexican Achievement
You guys aren't Mayans. You destroyed and replaced the Mayans

OMG STOP APROPIATING AZTEC CULTURE.

They are the Mongols of the new world and everything south of the joint isn't much better. If you build a wall...

pretty sure mexico could kick your sorry ass in a war.

muh gold ship

Micheladas, corridos, banda, tacos..
Cmon man

Maybe if the cartels stopped killing mexicans.

>my country could destroy your country

I'm pretty sure barring the US, India and Russia, China could overrun any country on Earth. That doesn't mean that chinks aren't the lowest of subhumans that should be purged from this world.

i'm more talking army and shit

sure let it be known that gay faggots doesn't mean that chinks aren't the lowest of subhumans that should be purged from this world.

That's not an argument. Just because you don't like her doesn't mean she's not culturally significant.

Saved picture.
I love ceramics.

google mexican art.

this is at the top. looks like a lot of peyote/mescaline was involved.

Nigga, of course their army is stroger. Are you retarded? their population is 122m, ours 46m

Peyote takes decades to grow before you can harvest and eat it.
Most people in the southwest use San Pedro Cacti for that. It has less mescaline content by weight, but san pedro grows to dozens of feet high, with 30+ arms and grows at least 12" per year on all it's arms.

Ok to be fair some of those with the patterns and the bright colors are really pretty.

Also, food, music and fine drink for sure.
To a lesser degree architecture.
Also a mixture of aztec and christian culture.
The architecture is particularry impressive when the Christian culture melted the indians in without destroying them completely. So you get the traditional Christian motifs but in an indian style.

Unhappily I can't comment on literature.

Ok.

so I scrolled down a mile, and there's some "traditional" art, meaning stuff that has a bit of european influence, but still lots of skulls an other weirdness.

this is described as "traditional bead art".

wild stuff.

fuck. even this is described as tradtional mexican art. this looks like acid art from 60s san francisco.

seriously. they are all on drugs.

this is in the national museum of mexican art in chicago. that whole "day of the dead" thing is pretty hilarious.

the colors are almost always a bit much for my taste. seriously, who the fuck would put this in anything other than a kid's room?

the quesadilla. I'm fucking addicted to these delicious pieces of culinary love and everyone of them is cooked with the beaner's soul and warmth of love for friends, family, community and god. We are truly blessed to have our friends south of the border grant us this delightfully delicious gift

>Itt: gringos jelly

Pic related. My lunch right now

I just realized that when the cartels skin the heads, and it leaves that grinning wide-eyed look, they are probably somewhat related to mexican art. skulls everywhere.

jelly of what? you can get fake and authentic mexican food all over america, and we love it.

I can't say that I like the crazy-assed colors in your art though.

The people in the Yucatan peninsula are decendants of the Mayas.

Good tunes, margaritas, buncha fancy skull things, snappy midget tuxedos and the Alamo.

Why not like the little devils?

looks like dog shit paco

more day of the dead, or dia del a muerte art

you mean mexico or aztec, maya, inca, i like aztec maya and inca art.

I think they have potential if they weren't fucked because of their own corrupt government.

i still don't believe that they should dilute other cultures but have one on their own.

more fucking skulls.

i actually like this one.

i'm a texan and do not generally care for our taco neighbors, but they have cool art, incredible food (although we perfected it with tex-mex), good music (mariachi and all that shit) and a pretty cool history (aztecs and before)

that's all i got

and another skull

Nuclear reactor, television, mac os, wifi, radial tire, corn huskers, french, lasagne, and polyurethane to name a few

this one is nice.

>good music (mariachi

or as my co-workers refer to it when a mexican insists on playing it all day long, "fucking circus music"

well yeah any music is shit when you listen to it all day

so you have a gf yet?

,,, don't bother to reply

Wow, just look at the color of that glass of Mexican tap water

Your husband is playing banda music, not mariachi. Mariachi is a band that plays live music

Oh fucking wow, a goddamn TACO! Holy shit I've never seen one of those before!

At least we gringos have more than four basic foods.
>Taco
>Burrito
>Beans
>Rice

That's really all you got, Sancho.

>checks flag
>why i'm not amused
We have a lot of stuff you foreigners don't even know about.

This is Mexican music from the 18th century:
youtu.be/fdvKlvVLVSw

youtu.be/OPdNlLhx0qo

youtube.com/watch?v=pmN6nQacGQY

not if you play Mariachi

I like this one.
>so you have a gf yet?

why do you ask? because I'm dumping a pile of images related to OP's topic?

please reply, if you actually meant anything.

>Your husband is playing banda music, not mariachi. Mariachi is a band that plays live music

well fuck. I did not know that.

>why do you ask? because I'm dumping a pile of images related to OP's topic?

>please reply, if you actually meant anything.
don't care, hope you die in a fire.

the point is lost beyond you all over again you fucking loser.

You haven't lived until you fuck a Mexican qt in her traditional spoopy skeleton makeup

You should read a bit about Magical Realism, and the latinamerican boom in literature for that matter.
One of the only times when I actually agree that latin america as a whole tacitly co-operated in a cultural endevour, so the term "latin american culture" makes actual sense in that context.
Authors of the current (not only mexicans, but many lived in Mexico as they worked in their books) are such as Gabriel Garcia Marquez (novel prize winner), Carlos Fuentes, Juan Rulfo, Pablo Neruda, Jorge Luis Borges, and Miguel Angel Asturias. Garcia Marquez actually won a novel in literature, and 100 Years of Solitude is redpilled as fuck. I think Asturias won one too.

They created the state of Texas. Which I'm proud to call myself a part of.

STEERS

To quote Ruprecht, "oh.... reallyyyy?"

>You should read a bit about Magical Realism, and the latinamerican boom in literature for that matter.
They mentioned in Narcos that was a Colombian invention.
It was never mentioned in the patron del mal show, though

The giant of which was no Mexican at all. Gabriel Garcia Marquez is who you are looking for- Colombian- an actual storied culture.

Actually, it has a lot of different proponents, but if we down to brass tax, the first novel that broke the water on magical realism was Pedro Paramo, followed by El Llano en Llamas, both written by Juan Rulfo, a Mexican National.
I must say though, that the best Magical Realism novel, and my favourite novel overall, is 100 Years of Solitude, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (also wiedly regarded as the best one in the current), a colombian expat that wrote the book in Mexico. Read a bit about this stuff, it's fasinating and a lot of the books have been serious redpills to me.

It's true- Mexico is just fine.

>tfw mexican
>tfw pots and pans go in the oven
>need a picture of the Virgin Marry or Jesus in every room or i dont feel safe
>tfw can eat literally anything with hot sauce except sweets
>tfw family cant sleep next to doors or else they'll get nightmares
>tfw family used to put shit toilet paper in the trash can and i thought it was fucking retarded so i broke the trashcan to teach them to put it in the tissue in fucking toilet
>tfw no culture
>tfw white wife kepts wanting to adapt my culture to feel "cultured"
Culture is fucking retarded.

>Mfw narcos still sate the god's bloodthirst to this day to save us from impending doom

>Communists from Mexico

>tfw white wife kepts wanting to adapt my culture to feel "cultured"
white women
not even once

CHICANO

Commies can go fuck themselves desu amigo

>culture is only artwork

Its like how the fuck are you going to tell me when my wife keeps trying to make mexican food, asking me if i wanted to do a spanish theme at our wedding or if i was going to have a quinceaneda for our kids and telling me "we should do something on cino de mayo, i want to celebrate holidays more"

American """"""education""""" and bigotry

A lot of the native religious sculptures are interesting. If you mean modern Mexico then I guess there was Frida.

It's another American education episode

colorful architecture and tv