Just finished Infinity Gauntlet, after years of putting it off

Just finished Infinity Gauntlet, after years of putting it off.
Good shit. Hype as fuck for the movie. What parts do you hope they'll adapt to screen 1:1? My wishlist:
>this page
>the Cosmic Abstract battle royale
>RDJ getting unceremoniously beheaded by a literally who

Also it's hilariously ironic in hindsight that all four of the FF were MIA whilst Galactus, Surfer and Doom all got to play a part. Sup Forums's meme magic transcends time.

*this page sans Mephisto, my bad

>What parts do you hope they'll adapt to screen 1:1?
Cap standing against Thanos.

They could just replace Mephisto with Loki if they wanted. His kind of dialogue would fit well with Hiddleston's version of Loki.

I've been working on a file with cool scenes from the Thanos stories they could adapt for Infinity War. (Though I couldn't get through Infinity Crusade, so I haven't finished it). I'll see which scenes I got that might work well

I want him to show off his power by easily stopping something like Mjolnir in its tracks

And by just destroying (a) powerful member(s) of the Avengers

Obviously is a popular one

forgot pic

This has been repeated so many times over the years that it has become a Sup Forums meme, but fuck if it's not true

Not from Infinity Gauntlet, but I really like this scene between Thanos and Death

Thanos' monologue here is pretty good too

Wasn't Reed's clone pretty central early on? I haven't read it in like 15 years.

For a reveal of Death's true face I guess this is as good as any

I've heard about this scene so many times and figured "eh, whatever, sounds fine".
What nobody ever brought up was THE FUCKING PUNCH
THAT shit better make it in

>Infinity Crusade
That one of Starlin's recent ones?
...How do they hold up? I told myself I wouldn't go near them but between this and his 70s stuff I'm getting an itch...

Crusade isn't recent it spawned after infinity war which came after gauntlet, its a trilogy that just got consistently worse though

This one is not really relevant to any story, I just thought it looked awesome.

No, it's from 1993. Just not much happens so far as I've read it, and it relies on strong opinions about (real life) religion, which I don't like.

You know they're going to change it so RDJ is the one who does that.

Was he disguised as somebody else? because Reed wasn't in anything other than the "heroes what have disappeared like" database.

Dog, how can you possibly say that by this point. Cap's fully replaced Tony as the "protagonist" of the MCU.

Infinity War and Infinity Crusade were sequels to Infinity Gauntlet. They both suck.

They have been hinting and leaking that Loki will be the Mephisto for the movie infinity war.

Ah fuck's sake I was gonna read that very one this weekend. Too tired to brain.

I guess that's why RDJ hijacked Cap's own movie. You're delusional. No MCU movie has made more than $800M without RDJ, he's still the center of everything.

There also needs to be some major destruction.

>inb4 comments on Trump Tower getting destroyed

Sudden realization.
Was Thanos BTFOing Nebula metatext?
>hey FUCK you Stern don't piggyback off my characters to make yours seem more interesting

Like, it needs to look dire

Yeah, it's not like Tony got verbally and physically bodied throughout the entire movie, and audiences very clearly empathized with Cap's stance.

All the more reason to shift the spotlight away from him in his final contracted appearance.

Robert Downey Jr.s name still comes up first before the movie logo and his cast mates names. And hes still the highest paid actor. And he was able to single handedly change Captain America 3 into an ensemble movie with him as a main character because he wanted more of a role. I think it would be kind of silly to not expect that infamous scene from infinity gauntlet to not feature iron man in some way rather than cap. He'll see cap get killed in front of his eyes doing something something heroic, and then he'll pick up caps shield, with his helmet off so we can see his face, and he'll walk towards thanos, and probably say something about thanos' dick looking like his prune face.

I got a good chuckle out of that page.
Still trying to think of an appropriate filename. The only survivors being minorities is too juicy.

So then the heroes who don't stand a chance against Thanos can still be heroic by saving people

I wonder how they will handle her in the infinity war movies, especially given the last part of Infinity Gauntlet

It's going to be shifted to Spider-Man, not Cap.

>and audiences very clearly empathized with Cap's stance.
Bullshit. They purposely gave Tony a sympathetic reason for why he sided with the government. Cap was doing nothing but making things worse with every decision he made.

That thread was such a farce, what a bunch of whiny manchildren.

And some should realize they don't stand a chance against Thanos.

>and audiences very clearly empathized with Cap's stance.
Did you even watch the movie?

>It's going to be shifted to Beelzebub Cribbagematch, not Cap
You're welcome.

Spidey's a glorified side-attraction, like fuck are they putting all their eggs in a basket that's on lease. Also not Feige's husbando, this isn't Fox.

i'm mad i missed it that sounds hilarious

Wrong Thanos fight but w/e it was funny as fuck.

Wait this is a reference to a thread?
pls dish

Are you serious? Go look at any actual polls websites did over who people sided with. It's overwhelmingly Cap.

I also got a good chuckle out of that page.
fuk u widow shit like this is why your never getting a solo movie

I hope they keep Thanos' motivation the same and don't water it down to "I am evil and will destroy the universe", because that would miss the point of Thanos entirely.
see also

i'm guessing Sup Forumsbabies got mad someone insulted trump despite the fact it's a 20 something year old comic

More than you did clearly. :^)

He's literally been sitting in a chair for 4 years. He's already been ruined.

Don't worry. It's all part of the plan

>The Russos adapt that exact scene
>claim that they were simply respecting the source material if anybody cries about it
please

I'm considering buying all three issues from my local comic shop when I get my first paycheck. Are there any other comics I should read first?

Why did she cuck him so bad Sup Forums? ;_;
She fucking TOLD him to go out and do it all what the fuck

Don't be stupid, they won't adapt that exact scene.

They don't have the rights to Namorita completely

Thanos Quest

Avengers vs Thanos TPB. Compiles both of his prior stories from the 70s. Great stuff, I read them and was content to not read Infinity Gauntlet until the movie only for Infinity Gauntlet to crop up as necessary reading for the Silver Surfer run I'm going through atm.
Nota bene: it skips over some Captain Marvel and Adam Warlock groundwork that's also very good. And, for some reason, a Marvel Team-Up issue that's a direct part of the second Thanos story. Probably worth reading them too. Especially the Warlock stuff, shit's BONKERS.

I know but it encumbered the post. made it less snappy.
Replace her with Carol. Whilst your at it maybe make the blacks Mexicans.

Oh and if you do indeed want to go that extra mile might as well read The Death of Captain Marvel as well. All of Starlin's Marv work and Warlock work was also compiled in TPB volumes, if you want to go strictly through your LCS.

...And what do you mean "all 3 issues"?

At the very least Thanos Quest.

If you want to be complete I'd suggest this:

1. Invincible Iron Man vol. 1 #55
2. Captain Marvel vol. 1 #25-29
3. Marvel Feature vol. 1 #12
4. Captain Marvel vol. 1 #30-33
(or The Life of Captain Marvel instead of bullet 1-4, and it's also included in Avengers vs Thanos)
5. Strange Tales vol. 1 #178-181
6. Warlock vol. 1 #9-11 + #15
7. Marvel Team-Up vol. 1 #55
8. The Avengers Annual vol. 1 #7
9. Marvel Two-In-One Annual vol. 1 #2
(or either Special Edition on Warlock or Warlock vol. 2 instead of bullet 5-9, and it's also included in Avengers vs Thanos, although it's missing the issues of Strange Tales, so that you're kind of dropped in the middle of a story, and Team-Up, which introduces the idea that there are 6 infinity gems)
10. The Death of Captain Marvel
11. Silver Surfer vol. 3 #34-38
12. Thanos Quest #1-2
13. The Infinity Gauntlet #1-6

If you had the power to kill half of everything in the universe

would you do it?

That's included in the omnibus.
As are the Silver Surfer issues that lead up to it all.

That list sounds expensive.

for what purpose

Also this

I want this to be the ending of the first movie.

He snaps his fingers and we go to the end credits.

>for what purpose
Armageddon

I thought Infinity Gauntlet was just three issues for some reason.

I knew I couldn't be the only one who wanted this

hey you asked :^P
It's full all-encompassing context. Not absolute necessity, but the experience is richer with than without.
And like he said it the whole shebang only comes down to 3-4 purchases. Avengers vs Thanos TPB covers roughly the same stuff that The Life & Death of Captain Marvel and Warlock by Jim Starlin TPBs do (with the latter lacking some Thanos stuff the former has but having some non-Thanos stuff it lacks), and Infinity Gauntlet has different TPBs depending on whether you ant the extra stuff or not.

it'll never make it in but this is my favorite page. The surfer traveled several light years in like a second in hopes of grabbing the gauntlet in just the right moment

It's six. But comic shops haven't sold it as individual issues since 1991. All six can be bought as part of one graphic novel.
Marvel did a miniseries last year based on Infinity Gauntlet that used the same name in homage, are you thinking of that one?

You'll get it with Tony instead.

If you had the power to fuck half of everything in the universe

would you do it?

I also read it recently (because of the movies) and loved it, especially Thanos Quest.

The art is amazing, I really want to buy the omnibus now. Do you guys think we'll get parts of Thanos Quest in the movie too? We already have Grandmaster and Collector, I'm wondering if they'll introduce more Elders till then.

He may instead just fight Odin

And wreck Xandar

And maybe we'll get an homage to this when he gets the tessaract/space stone?

So where are the Infinity Stones currently?

>one in Xandar
>one with the Collector (his place got destroyed though, I wonder if the Aether is still there)
>one with Vision
>one in Asgard
>two we don't know yet

Vision will most likely die, Xandar will get destroyed at the end of Infinity War (prompting the GotG to get involved too and meet the Avengers) and Asgard might get fucked up at the end of Ragnarok. It's possible that Thanos already has the Aether from Collector.

I'd be really happy if they gave Surfer's role to Vision. It feels so appropriate, with his ties to the Infinity Stones and his Ultimate counterpart being a lot more like Silver Surfer. Well, except with robot boobies.

Infinity Gauntlet was such a piece of shit.

Visions role is going to be Adam Warlocks role in the comic.
Eye of Agamotto is another one.

Is it? I thought it was confirmed that the Eye of Agamotto is just that and the time/soul gem is something different.

Yes

Aww man we're outright saying it now? I thought we were all gonna be hush-hush about it to stop it from jinxing.

/c/ was worried they'd make the Eye into just another gem for convenience's sake, an user who allegedly saw the test screening says nah don't worry they're two different things. So "confirmed"? Ehhhhhh. Hopefully.

Personally, I just have a feeling of utter indifference to DC and Marvel movies as a whole. I just don't feel anything at all for any of them.

They've all but confirmed that it was an infinity gem. They implied pretty heavily saying the eye powers have to do with time in specific and that it's largely the focal point for the movie.

aight
Quantum Mechanics. It ain't confirmed 'til I see it.

Which hero was it user?

Was this nigga based on anyone in particular?
Some philosopher? One of the writers? Hunter S Thompson?

how did Thanos "subconsciously beat himself" in his second story? The one with Warlock and the star laser?
I don't remember anything of the sort.

No. I decided to check at my comic book shop for Infinity Gauntlet issues after I saw someone in line with some on free comic book day. They had issues 1 and 3. 3 had a picture of a giant demon Mephisto, and since it was 3, I made an assumption. I'm familiar with the owners, and I'm sure they would order the rest of the issues in if I asked, but now that you mention it, a bound collection might be the better option if ordering in the other issues is too expensive.