Web Warriors

>Hey, how about a series about Alternate Spider-Men from alternate dimensions teaming up
Wow! That's sounds gre-
>But let's only focus on Spider-Gwen and Spider-Ham, the worst Spider-people ever!!!
>And let's put the worst writing and art in the book!!!

Jesus, Marvel. You had the best idea for a book ever. This should be top tier. How do you manage to fuck up such an awesome and bankable idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SGRGOPGF1LQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because they killed half the good spider characters in spider-verse

>we will never see more of SP//dr
it hurts....

>Spider-Ham
>worst
Underage faggot detected.

I'm always embarrassed to say Spider-Man is my favorite superhero because his alts have been handled as poorly as Sonic the Hedgehog.

>He's a cynical cartoon character!
>So meta and original!

>the best idea for a book ever
In what warped world this is true

He's a terrible comic relief animal that isn't funny. Literally the Jar Jar Binks of the group. He would be at most bearable if he was only in small doses.

He's older than you, m8. That's like shitting on Watchmen for being edgy.

Only under bad writers.

Money wise it's the best. Spider-Man is one of Marvel's top cash cows. A book full of Spider people should be one of their biggest books.

>Marvels first heroine who could hold a book for triple digits

Mayday deserves so much more respect

>first
is there any other marvel heroine who has?

wonder woman twice and birds of prey are the only other ones i can think of that go to triple digit issues

>is there any other marvel heroine who has?

Not without a renumber and spreading it over decades

Not sure if anyone reads is but there is a Doc Oct Tumblr girl. What takes all the fucking screen time

take that back spider ham is just being written like shit. he's awesome

>Sailor Moon Spidey
>Iron Fist Spidey
Why can't the book be more about stuff like this?

Because they need to make more time for this fat fucking bitch

I know this isn't technically about Renew Your Vows, but is the only one about Spider-people I've found, so I thought about asking about it here instead of opening a new thread for a single question

Do we know which variant covers there will be for ASM: Renew Your Vows #1?
I don't live in the USA so if I want a particular cover to arrive here I have to order it at my CBS

>#69

That is a much better Iron Spider costume

Because then it would be unfocused as hell if you had to develop all the "cool spin on character design" nobodies who are used for fodder
Look at the ongoing Exiles storytime if you want a good balance

WW is the best Spider-comic today.

>Hey guys, what if Exiles was only about Spider-Man and constantly as shitty as when Claremont was on the title?

Oh I like you.

> Spider-verse ends with Kaine alive.
> no Kaine at all.
> not even Kaine in any alt universe Mexico just relaxing.
> Kaine returns in Dead No More.

Slott writes this doesn't he

Slott isn't the only one that can do shit work on Spider-Man, user
It's Mike Costa

being a Spider fag is suffering

At least this November we'll have Conway back to write the real Spidey

I actually liked girl Ock. Book had loads of good ideas but just struggled to execute them all.

>I actually liked girl Ock

we did that already

But Peni wasn't a casualty, she was just shoved to the sidelines as a background character.

Aaron on the other hand...

Shame that shit was kind of cool. But cosplayers can't make sp//der costumes and she's too new to be the writers waifu

How the hell nobody ever looked at the writer and just gave the remark "You do know you're supposed to be writing a team book and not Spider-Gwen's spinoff right?" is beyond me

Go read the original Spider-Ham comics and get mad at how shitty Marvel's writers have been writing him for the past six years. He wasn't supposed to be like a bootleg Howard the Duck.

Because Spider-Gwen sold well for them so they probably were the ones who told the writer to focus more on her.

Be that as it may it still doesn't change how shitty the book was

I hate Spider-Gwen. I like he costume, but I find her whole character and story boring as hell.

I would give anything to see a comic where Aaron somehow managed to salvage the situation he was left in at the end of his issue.

I dunno. It was the writer's intent that Aaron didn't survive that confrontation. It feels kind of disrespectful to go against that.

I hope you mean that Web Warriors was shitty

>a team of Spiders trying to save the multiverse
>led by an Octopus

It's like Spider-Verse all over again, only shorter and with no casualties (so far).

>Venom: Space Knight is cancelled right when it starts getting really good
>Costa's writing a new series focusing on a villainous Venom

I can't wait for the eventual crossover with Spider-Gwen.

They didn't care enough to tell the cover artists that Mayday was in the series. They didn't care enough to tell the colourists that they kept getting people's skin and hair colour wrong. I doubt they cared about how much Costa was kissing Gwen's ass throughout the series. Hell, this guy could be right.

>still being salty over Superior

Even as a girl, Doc Ock is the superior spiderman

Post pages of Noir

Fuck off, Slott

>we'll never get to see what Felicia did with this blood sample she got in Edge of Spider-Verse

Because no Kaine
No Ben
No sp//dr
No cosmic
No aikman
no assassin
And we only got shit spiders and fucking horrible story

Well...at least some of the covers are good?

I'm hoping that Mayday appears in her classic costume across all three of the final issue's variant covers has some deeper meaning. I mean, Miggy shows up in his new costume, so surely it must be deliberate?

Mayday's not shit. Neither is Ham, Noir, Pavitr, Anya or even Gwen (although Gwen could be better). Bascially the only one that sucks is Spider-UK, and that's because literally the only personality he has is 'British, emo over his dead earth (although Franklin should have remade it with all the rest by now)'. The problem is that Costa is kind of not that great at writing this characters well. An Al Ewing Web Warriors would have likely been great, if you look at his work on Contest of Champions (and I secretly hope he gets to write a new Exiles series one day). The premise is flawed, yes, partially because it's born out of the tainted fruit that is Spider-Verse and partially because by making it solely Spider-related you've artificially limited yourself (which is bad for a book that's about exploring an infinite multiverse), but the right writer could have made it work. Costa...is not that writer.

>But cosplayers can't make sp//der costumes

Fuck THAT excuse!

youtube.com/watch?v=SGRGOPGF1LQ

>Al Kekwing meme
>A web warriors team of Miles Morales, Blade, Spider-punk, Miles Morales from the cartoon, a Luke Cage Spider-man and Gwen Stacy
>inb4 I would totally read that book XDDD
Opinion discarded

You seem upset. Mayhap your jimmies have been rustled?

user, have you ever READ Ewing's stuff? Dude's more of a continuity autist than some people in Sup Forums. If you give him free reign over any alternate universe, with the only rule being he can't do big stuff in 616, we'd see some good shit.

>we'll never get Felicia back period because everyone attached to Spider-Man right now hates her

still best Spidergirl.

>mayhap

Good writing can stand the test of time user

Why were his webs black in shattered dimensions but not here?

>Great writing can stand the test of time user
FTFY

Good writing can be lost especially if the company chooses to promote badly written shit heavily.

>spider ham
Topkek

Silk likes her and want her to stop being a villain

Of course not, he'd rather cling to his preconceptions without any pesky 'evidence' getting in the way.