>Out This Week:
Year By Year: A Visual History - Updated & Expanded Edition
Poe Dameron #6

>Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=frdj1zb9sMY

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2015/music/awards/oscar-icons-williams-morricone-and-horner-loom-large-in-score-race-1201657637/.
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Siege_of_Mandalore
mega.nz/#F!u4NXBRaZ!Jw8Q2pSF_Dk-iruV5GtybA
youtu.be/lS4sclln5J4
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Siege_of_Mandalore#The_siege
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have a bad feeling about this.

So what are the chances of Episode 8's soundtrack being better than TFA?

Why did they decide that Rex should've sat on his ass during Order 66 and do nothing? Wouldn't he see all of his brothers as dangerous due to the fact that he did not have the chip and they were killing all who opposed the order?

Don't you dare kill Williams with meme magic you fuck

We don't know how things went down. He may have stayed because even though he wasn't brainwashed, he may have stayed with the army as it transitioned into the Empire because he felt a sense of responsibility to his men, which is something that's been highlighted a few times in TCW.

I can see a bunch of them waking up and thinking "oh fuck what have we done" and Rex kind of being there for them.

Pretty big I think, seeing as Williams actually got to see a rough cut of the movie.
So he could actually make a score that fits all the themes.

Anyone have the Rebels Holonet New reports that were released leading up to the Rebels premiere? My hard drive recently was ruined and that's the only Star Wars related thing I am missing. Thank you to everyone that contributed to the Pastebin by the way, I was able to recover everything else in a day because of you.

Remember that with all other Star Wars movies, Williams got a near final cut of the film. He scored to a complete picture. And even if he gets a rough cut of the movie, it's still not the same unless he gets the London Symphony Orchestra again.

Aren't they all on this site?

holonetnews.com/

I think I have those. Might be an hour or two before I can check(out shopping) but if I have them I'll upload them if someone else hasn't

Yeah, but I completely forgot how to rip them off the site.

Thank you SA, I appreciate it.

>with all other Star Wars movies,
*except TFA

Right, forgot to mention that.

I just checked the MEGA and everything looks like it's in one piece. However, SoundtrackAnon () handles that one I'm pretty sure.

I think the reason the LSO wasn't available is scheduling conflicts, part of which might've been because Williams wasn't getting the whole film.

>Thank you SA, I appreciate it.
Anytime

Okay, so vaguely Star Wars related via Rian Johnson.
Just watched Looper. Why the fuck was the whole end of the movie filmed in a way that suggests JGL and the telekinetic kid were the same person, even though that makes no sense at all.

>Why the fuck was the whole end of the movie filmed in a way that suggests JGL and the telekinetic kid were the same person

Because it wasn't? How can you even get that impression? They made it very clear that JGL and Bruce Willis' characters were samefag.

I'll check on it when I get home.

The LSO wasn't available because J.J didn't want to go back to London for post-production.

William's receiving the film has nothing to do with the orchestra, he contracts them. The two process are related, but independent

variety.com/2015/music/awards/oscar-icons-williams-morricone-and-horner-loom-large-in-score-race-1201657637/.

Hopefully pretty good. I'll enjoy it no matter what though, honestly, like all the other ones.

Logically, yes, but the whole ending was filmed like a big Shyamalan twist where JGL sees the alone kid on a train (which he said earlier in the film he did) and then the kid's Mom runs her fingers through his hair (which he said his Mom used to do). It's filmed in a very deliberate way to evoke the idea that he was the kid, but that isn't supported by the film's logic or narrative.
It was just bizarre to me, like the directing was on a different tangent from the story.

HOTGLUE
O
T
G
L
U
E

>It's filmed in a very deliberate way to evoke the idea that he was the kid

Never got that impression. I remember those details, but it didn't seem, to me at least, like it was trying to imply that he was the kid. Still doesn't.

LEGLESS
E
G
L
E
S
S

That just makes the glue hotter

Well, I dunno, like I said, it was only in the way it was filmed. I certainly didn't get that idea from the writing because it isn't substantiated there whatsoever, but it's just some of the cues in how it was filmed.
Even the fact that he fucked the Mom doesn't add anything to the movie unless it was HIS Mom. Which is like doubling down on stupidity.

You know, by Star Wars rules, shouldn't SS have been able to survive getting cut in two?

HEADLESS
E
A
D
L
E
S
S

If she were cut across the waist, maybe. But it's a moot point, Maul threw his saber in a more verticle/diagonal fashion, so there's no way she was just cleanly cut at the waist like Maul was.

She's not as powerful as Maul. The reason he survived was because he was trained by Sidious. She was just a scrub.

Yeah, from the angle it was probably something like this

Well that just means both halves get the glue

Maul also had the whole Talzin thing going on

Filioni said that the series finale for TCW would have had Ashoka and Rex together during Order 66. Sadly we'll never see this. Could find sauce if anyone wants to read the interview.

The series finale was going to be the Siege of Mandalore.

That's what that user said, just without the name drop.

So, why didn't they go through with it? The Siege of Mandalore is still canon.

Order 66 wasn't going to be during the episodes.

He said this at Star Wars Celebration 2015

And is correct, it would have happened at Mandalore, in the same story that would have had Ahsoka meet and fight Maul. (Possibly killing him, we don't know what his fate was back then. It's possible Maul is only in Rebels because his death in TCW never came into fruition. I honestly think Maul was going to die in that finale. What possible reason would they keep him alive, they had no clue/plans for another show at that point.)

Because the show was cancelled.

Has John Williams ever actually cameo'd in Star Wars yet? I mean, if Ralph McQuarrie could spare the time for a few second walk along one of his mattes on Hoth, surely Williams should have gotten a bit by now. The Galaxies Opera House scene would probably have been the most fitting

>surely Williams should have gotten a bit by now
It's more about if he wants to accept the cameo even if it's offered to him.

I suppose. His music is more than enough of a "role", otherwise.

Actually yes it was if you go by earlier interviews. Filioni stated he wanted to run TCW into episode 3.

I loved her...
Filoni took her away from me. I HATE HIM.

That doesn't excuse it. The events that have happened after its cancellation that are written are still canon.

I'm with you.

By Star Wars Rules Dooku could still be alive. Palpatine probably is too.
Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided that Vader was still alive and bumming around the galaxy as an old Force Hobo.

Any group of people that decide that a plot line as retarded as Maul surviving clearly doesn't give a shit about anything.

Hell, Snoke is probably Boba Fett.

That doesn't excuse what?

Oh look it's the same guy who won't stop bitching about Maul

TCW people are so on edge about their stuff that they take everything and everything to be an attack on it.

>The events that have happened after its cancellation that are written are still canon.
They're treating the events as canon, but due to the unpublished/unmade status of them, that does give them some wiggle room.

>TCW people are so on edge about their stuff that they take everything and everything to be an attack on it.
>inb4 they accuse you of being one of their many boogeymen

Pretty much it lets them insert whatever they want in it, so long as it matches "The Siege of Mandlore happened, and Rex and Ahsoka were there."
As far as I know that is literally all that is canon about the event.

>So I am betting that the Temple's weapon was going to send Coruscant a nasty surprise, had Ezra and Kanan not pulled the Holocron out.
>alt universe where Maul does fire the temple's super weapon
>Coruscant gets zapped
>Palps is in another system

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Siege_of_Mandalore

>inb4 >Wookiepedia

>The Republic eventually staged an operation on Mandalore, with at least one clone trooper, Captain CT-7567 of the Grand Army of the Republic's 501st Legion, being involved in the ensuing siege. CT-7567, nicknamed "Rex," collaborated for the final time during the war with a longtime comrade, Ahsoka Tano, a former Jedi Padawan who had departed from the Jedi Order after being wrongfully expelled.

So, "The Siege of Mandalore happened, and Ahsoka and Rex were there."

Not only that but you still have Vader who's already on Malachor, so unless the weapon kills everyone in the vicinity as well, Maul's plan wouldn't have done shit about Vader

I have to imagine aiming that thing would be really tricky, too. What if the planet you want to target is only visible from the other side of the planet? Do you need to wait until Malachor's rotation and/or orbit line up well enough that you can actually fire at it?

>weapon kills the planet it's on and the target planet at the same time
>why?
>cause Sith are edgy like that.
>somewhere out there, there's a dead planet full of ash statues, just like Malachor.

I love the idea that there's basically no way Maul could've accomplished anything

Maul Crying Wojack Edit when?

On it.

Here's a link for those Rebels HoloNet broadcasts

mega.nz/#F!u4NXBRaZ!Jw8Q2pSF_Dk-iruV5GtybA

They're uploading now, should all be up within a few minutes

The episodes are up for me.

If you read the page there's more information than that, idiot. I just clicked and skimmed it real quick and there's more than you're giving that user credit for.

If that's the case, all the Empire has to do is approach the planet from an angle where the temple can't aim at them. Since Maul's working alone and has no army, much less a bunch of fights and gun towers like the Death Star, he's basically fucked. Even in a best case scenario he would've been forced to get the hell out of there fast and then he's left right back where he was.

Not him, but there's a lot of what we already knew about the lead up to the siege, and there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff, but the little section on the actual siege itself pretty much does sum up as "The Siege of Mandalore happened, and Ahsoka and Rex were there."

No, there really isn't. That is everything we know about the actual siege. It happened, Ahsoka and Rex were there.

We don't know if there were any actual troops there, we don't know if it was all flying jet pack sword fights. What is actually under the "Siege" is what is canon. The Behind the Scenes is not. and the Prelude is stuff that is actually covered in previous episodes, and thus not part of the Siege`.

>ywn have a qt inquisitor dominate you

end my suffering already

>The Behind the Scenes is not
It actually is. Filoni and crew have stated that everything they've talked about is considered as having happened.

youtu.be/lS4sclln5J4

You didn't watch the Ahsoka panel from Celebration did you? Anakin gives Ahsoka half of the 501st which renames itself and paint's it's armor to match Ahsoka. It's a full-on Republic operation to free Mandalore from Maul and Death Watch, which obviously succeeds since Maul fucks off and the Empire has control of the planet (mentioned in Rebels).

Thanks man, I owe you one.

>You didn't watch the Ahsoka panel from Celebration did you?
I don't waste my time with that, because I honestly don't care. The cartoons were never all that interesting to me next to the movies, and some of the books.
However, it is under "Behind the Scenes" which isn't canon. That's for where you put "such and such is played by..." and other stupid trivia. If you want people looking it up to know it's canon, change the wiki.

The Ahsoka book is really going to fuck you up, isn't it? Everything mentioned in the Ahsoka panel was told to the author of said book, so she could shape Ahsoka's character being written, and shape the story of the book.

It's a book about a character I don't care about, why would I read it?

It doesn't matter if you read it or not. It's going to bring these """non-canon behind the scenes""" that most people already accept as canon officially into canon. It'll prove that things talked about officially by Story Group members is actually canon. (Pablo was in the same panel, discussing some of the information with Filoni and Ashley)

Well considering that all Star Wars media is now in the same continuity, you don't have to care, but being informed of the proper version of events is helpful in situations like this. You didn't know, we corrected you. That's all there is to it.

If you don't care, why are you arguing?

I prefer Togruta

So?
I already said I don't care about it.
But if you want people that want to look the stuff up to know it's canon, maybe you should update your wiki.

I'm just telling you if you want people to know something is canon, put it in the place where canon things go. You all are just repeating that it's canon. You can't expect people to know the right stuff when you don't keep your own stuff updated.

We're not from Wookieepedia, you realize that right?

>You can't expect people to know the right stuff when you don't keep your own stuff updated.
You keep saying "you", assuming the people you're talking to are also the same people editing the wiki. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you on the wiki page, but that's unnecessarily presumptuous.

Haha, what the hell bro?

We're not Wookiepedia, we just usually stay on top of the news, and share any important interviews and such.

There's an old Sup Forums phrase that really should be brought back. It encourages people to keep quiet so that they can learn without wasting everybodies time, or making a fool of themselves.

"lurk moar"

and? I'm not either and I can edit the page, why are you so lazy?
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Siege_of_Mandalore#The_siege

You're the one getting mad that the page isn't up to your standards, so you do it.

If your'e not lazy, why don't you do it since we gave you the info?

One, I don't know whatever they said in whatever the thing you all are talking about.

Two, no.

Hah, they reverted it back.
But I saved it for a laugh.

>this backpedaling over something he claims he doesn't care abouy

It's nice to see that /swco/ is still as shitty as ever.

I think if you added one more horn on the right side it would be perfect.

I know, I'm still working on it.

Well good job so far.

k bye then

I just looked up the stuff on the author, and frankly, I'm frightened about it. Everything this woman has written reads like terrible fanfiction.

Thanks. Man, the nose and forehead on the Wojak is going to give me so much trouble

Nothing will be worse than Aftermath, plus we had one legit fanfic author already (Claudia Gray) and she wrote two really great books for the new canon.

I don't know man, this woman made A Thousand and One Nights into a story about lesbian sisters, and then makes Shakespeare's Winter's Tale and makes it a highschool drama about the queen getting raped.