Explain this Yurop!!!!

Explain this Yurop!!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

snopes.com/2018/02/16/how-many-school-shootings-in-2018/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this might not be correct except for norway and if you pick a specific short timeframe aroud brievik case

stupid people will use mass shootings to enact legislation, even though they're statistically irrelevant.

>Americans aren't even good at their own sport

>kill rate 0.095

terrible noob Mutts

he did pick a specific timeframe, but his point still stands though.

Mass shootings are not an American problem, even though gun grabbers like to view it as such. They're rare events that happen everywhere. Even Britain had one, after they enacted some of the strictest gun regulation in the world.

It's not even a problem, since you're more likely do die from a lightning strike in the US, than from a mass shooting.

Don't give up your guns, merifats.

I hate that Breivik guy with a passion.

He's the reason some of the retards in my country want stricter gun control. Even though we are pretty strictly regulated already. Not as strict as Germany, and not as free as the Czechs, but somewhere in between.

The gungrabbers here want to basically turn us into Japan.

The thing is that when you have 300 million people shit happens even if it's statistically unlikely.

So China has hundreds of mass shooting every year?
EU 's population is about 500 million, how many mass shootings do they have?

>>>>EU is one country
China is literally a police state. You cannot compare them to other places.

>norway is a peaceful count-
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>these excuses
USA is also a police state.

>Russia
>Jails political opponents
>Jails journalists
I can say whatever the fuck i want about my president and nothing happens

Norway is a peaceful country though. Especially outside of Oslo.

But so is Britain, USA, Czech republic, and every other western country.

>ad hominem

:THINKING:

by any definition of police state, we are not one, just by the fact that we do have gun rights.

The EU also has mass shootings. Not many, but they do have them. Case in point: Belgium, Finland, Germany and France.

Any country with at least some degree of armed citizenry will experience mass shootings from time to time. But those mass shootings are insignificant compared to other sources of death.

I don't get why a lot of Europeans like to bash on americans for their guns, when alcohol is responsible for more deaths in Europe, than guns are in the US. We're never giving up alcohol, so why do we expect them to give up their guns?

He did nothing wrong

What's the 'mass shooting' threshold?

>Not many, but they do have them
>Not many
Well, that was exactly my point. Despite having bigger population, EU doesn't have that many mass shootings, so maybe America has something to learn?

What timeframe.
What definition of mass shooting.
How does this compare year on year.

FBI operates with 4+ killed, in a single event. So serial killers aren't included.

And with this threshold, the US has on average 40 dead annually.

It's fucking nothing.

>OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
I hate this meme so much. Makes me angry no matter the context.

but the US does not have that many mass shootings either.

They're having at maximum couple a year. And an average annual death toll of around 40.

This is not a lot, considering how important guns are in their culture, and how many firearms and gun owners there are there overall.

Russia should give up their vodka before the Americans should give up their AR-15s. Neither is going to happen. But alcoholism in Russia will kill off FAR more people than the AR-15s in america.

Hell, of all gun deaths in the US, rifles count for about 300. Of 10 000 gun homicides, and 20 000 gun suicides.

People going after semi automatics in the US are fucking retarded. But they do, then they get blackout drunk the next weekend, even though that is a FAR bigger societal problem than Billy-Bob and Cleetus going innawoods shooting at cans with their AR-15s.

we really don't have many either, the amount killed in mass shootings is statistically insignificant

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

>They're having at maximum couple a year.
Really?

nothing from Sup Forums is ever good
and yes i know they didn't make it originally

1)Breivik
2) Burgers can't aim

>the amount killed in mass shootings is statistically insignificant
I agree, but mass shootings are more "scary" and less natural than deaths from cancer or cardiovascular diseases.

most of those nobody even died, one of them had nobody injured (?). Those aren't "mass shootings", most shootings are just gang violence using illegal weapons anyway. There are much more people dying in cars than from shootings.

>Be American
>Get shot
>Don't die
>You never actually got shot

I didn't say that, but how can you consider it a mass shooting??

gang murders and family murder-suicides aren't mass shootings.

Only five of those events in that picture are mass shootings, IF they're not gang related, or family murder-suicides.

The "loner goes on a rampage"-trope is not as common as we're led to believe.

The US do have a gang crime problem though. But that's not going away with more gun control.

Gun control is treating the symptom, rather than the cause.

can anyone even compete?

>mass shooting – defined as four or more people shot in one incident, not including the shooter
I don't know why that one incident has nobody injured, probably a mistake.
What about school shooting? They don't seem like family or gang related.
snopes.com/2018/02/16/how-many-school-shootings-in-2018/
>a mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on 14 February 2018, bringing the total number of school shootings in the United States since the beginning of the year to 18 (or roughly three per week), according to the gun control advocacy group Everytown for Gun Safety

this literally counts any attack that happened on school during school hours, many of them could be gang related.

Comparing gun deaths to alcohol related deaths is incredibly stupid for obvious reasons.

It's not even about a complete ban on guns. I don't get where all of you gun nuts get this from?

>22 January: NET Charter High School, Gentilly, Louisiana – An unknown person fired shots at students from a vehicle in the school parking lot. One person was injured (though not by gunfire).
this is a """""school shooting"""""

>11 people dying in a city with 10,000 people is worse than 10,000 people dying in a city with 10,000,000 people

Shots have been fired and it happened in school. "School shooting" by definition.

Yeah it's not a school shooting unless they're """white""", are in black trench coats and are playing Pumped up Kicks

>if it has no casualties then it doesn't count

oh noes

yes, that's why they can count it to the "number of school shootings this year" when nobody was even injured from gunfire. when people hear "school shooting" though they think of someone rampaging through a school on lockdown. you should see some of the shithole public schools we have here, there's a high school called spring woods that mexicans/blacks go to here, we call it spring hoods. pretty much every student is in a gang and people deal drugs in class and shit. honestly only 18 """"""""shootings"""""""""" at schools so far this year is surprisingly low considering how many gangs there are.

most of these "school shootings" are not what we consider school shootings.

Some of them are just a stray bullet hitting a school. Or shootings unrelated to the school at all, just happening nearby. Almost none of them are actually about some guy going into a school to kill as many people as possible.

>Comparing gun deaths to alcohol related deaths is incredibly stupid for obvious reasons.
It's really not though. About half of all murders, both in the US, and Norway are committed under the influence of alcohol. And way many more accidents kill innocent bystanders due to alcohol than due to guns.

We accept the annual death toll due to alcohol because our culture values getting drunk. It's exactly the same with guns. We accept some deaths, because we want some type of freedom, it be alcohol, or guns.

>It's not even about a complete ban on guns. I don't get where all of you gun nuts get this from?
Never said it was. But the talk is always about limiting the number of semi automatic rifles, which are the guns least represented on gun death statistics. Or somehow reduce the number of mass shootings, which are insignificant compared to other causes of deaths.

>gangland mass shootings don't count
Kill yourself.

>Gun control is treating the symptom
Ah yes, by glorifying guns and making high powered weapons relatively cheap and easy to get your hands on.
Kill yourself.

If that happened in Australia it would be all over the news as a school shooting.
America has a massive problems with guns and gun culture. You are sick and in need of treatment.

crazed mentally ill people will find a way to a gun illegally anyways so why ruin the fun for everybody because a dumb cunt killed people.

We have a gang problem, not a gun problem. If it happened in Brazil nobody would care, and they do have legally strict gun control.

Hey shit for brains, it happens in America more than any other modern nation BECAUSE of your cancerous gun culture. No, a lone mentally ill person cannot simply get their hands on semi-automatic rifles and shoot up a school in countries with actual gun control.

The attitude by gun nuts like yourself is fucking disgusting. You don't a shit about people and care more about owning a pathetic penis extension than living in a first world nation.

>he thinks "gun control" is possible to implement in america

Sure, let's get rid of a fun hobby for millions because ~100 kids die a year from mentally ill people with a gun. Should we get rid of cars too because those kill tens of thousands of teens every year

>be american
>accidentally shoot a bunch of kids

>Hey shit for brains, it happens in America more than any other modern nation BECAUSE of your cancerous gun culture. No, a lone mentally ill person cannot simply get their hands on semi-automatic rifles and shoot up a school in countries with actual gun control.

This is wrong.

I'm not one of those NRA stooges opposing all kinds of gun control. But very often, some kinds of gun control works against its purpose.

Case in point: mental screening in Norway and Germany:

Germany has mental screening for first time buyers, Norway do not. It sounds like the Germans have the best solution at first glance. We obviously don't want crazy people being armed.

But, it works against itself, since in Germany, a gun enthusiast will know his firearms will be taken away, or he will lose his ability to get a firearm legally, if he chooses to seek help early for mental issues.

While in Norway, you can get help for mental issues, and they're not taking your guns away unless the psychologist deem you a danger to yourself or others.

Too strict mental health screening will not disarm the mentally ill, but it will make the armed and mentally ill not seek treatment.

It's better to have a mentally ill armed person undergoing treatment, than have a mentally ill armed person refusing treatment because he might lose his firearms.

You do not want to create barriers for people to enter psychiatric treatment early on.

>be new zealander
>come home to find Maori performing a shaka inside your wife's ass

>Be American
>Carelessly fall asleep with a gun
>Kill yourself and a family of five.

>Be Australian
>Forget to shake the koala out of tree
>come outside to find car covered in shit

The declining empire always resists necessary reforms. Why? Why don't you want to not be shot? Can't you see how much worse shit's going to get?

The Romans, the Russians, the Ottomans, the Americans, the writing is on the fucking wall. In Sweden our government was like "Mmm so we need to reform the country and raise income taxes to 70% for a few years, K?" and people were like "K". It's so easy. Just do it!

What the fuck the kiwi gets a cuck post and I get what actually happens with birds already?

I wouldn't consider something like gun laws as a massive reform. The slow centralization of power in the executive branch over the past 100 years however is substantial and there needs to be another check put into place

>It's better to have a mentally ill armed person undergoing treatment, than have a mentally ill armed person refusing treatment because he might lose his firearms.
this cant be the solution. people with mental illness should simply not have guns. if the risk of losing the right to own guns was enough for them to go crazy, they shouldn't have gotten guns in the first place.
doing a second mistake, will not nullify the first one.

also the difficulty of getting guns in germany is already an obstacle that many mentally ill people can not clear. raising the difficulty (by making it more expensive, more checks and so on) would further prevent sick people for getting them.
the aussi is right. burger gun "culture" is poison and the whole country is stuck in the past.

>Be Australia
>complain when I don't get what I want
>Submit complaint to Chinese office of state affairs

>About half of all murders, both in the US, and Norway are committed under the influence of alcohol
About half of is under the influence (drugs or alcohol) in Norway. Alcohol is involved in about 20%, but whatever.

There is a big difference between guns and alcohol. One is a drink you enjoy to get drunk, the other is literally a weapon designed to killed. Comparing the two is nonsense.

>limiting the number of semi automatic rifles
Ban them. I don't give a fuck. No need for them.

They both stem from decadence and an acceptance of the status quo. I don't understand why this always happens, the early empire is always hungry, effortlessly implementing radical reforms like the new deal to handle ever-changing internal and geopolitical trouble.

But the declining empire never does that. "It worked before so it'll work now". Any meaningful change is revoked. Why?!

America isn't an empire, it's a federal union of states. Also the reforms you are talking about are for empires with varying multinational minorities. America is a phenomenon in the way that anybody can be american.

>this cant be the solution. people with mental illness should simply not have guns

Mental illness come in many forms. Obviously, suicidal, homicidal, or psychotic people shouldn't have guns.

But we won't know if someone is any of those things, if he doesn't seek treatment. This is why doctor-patient confidentiality is so damn important. Because we don't want to create too many obstacles for people seeking treatment.

And it's really important to catch mentally ill people early on, if we're going to treat them effectively.

Let's say a person likes guns. Then he gets some minor mental issue. It's better for him, and society in general if he gets treatment early on, rather than letting the sickness brood for a long time and eventually turn him into a crazy person.

If the law prevents him from both owning firearms, and seek help for minor mental issues, it's more likely he'll stick to the firearms, and rejecting treatment. He won't show up on the statistics for mentally ill people, but he'll be just as mentally ill, it's just undiagnosed. And he's not getting any better, since he's not receiving treatment.

I'm all in favor of psychologists making the decision to take firearms away from people if they deem them a danger though. But we need to make mental health care as accessible as possible, otherwise the crazies will slip under the radar, and be just as well armed as the sane of us.

It's better to give armed people with minor mental issues treatment, than make dissuade gun owners from seeking mental treatment.

Because very often, those are the two options you in reality have: crazy and armed being monitored and treated by mental health professionals, or crazy and armed not being monitored and treated by mental health professionals.

Are you retarded?

>Are you retarded?
It's much worse, he is american.

Yeah, but the issue is potential abuse of the system; mental illness is a sliding scale and has been politicized in the past. It's an issue that really doesn't have a good resolution.

How can america be an empire if it only controls one state head of state which is itself? It's just a really powerful nation

>There is a big difference between guns and alcohol. One is a drink you enjoy to get drunk, the other is literally a weapon designed to killed. Comparing the two is nonsense.

It's really not though. None of my guns will be used for killing, other than animals I can legally hunt. I enjoy guns, and shooting.

I also enjoy drinking, in moderation. I don't combine the two.

Both are hobbies people enjoy, and most of us can handle it. But both have a societal toll. Which is why both need to be regulated.

How far we regulate both, depends on how much value our culture puts on either, and how deadly it is.

It's a hard thing to balance, which is why every nation have different regulations, based on their cultural values.

We don't get Saudi Arabian laws on alcohol here, even though it would save a lot of lives. Because we like drinking, and it's culturally important here.

Psychologists don't make the decision to take guns away from someone, the police does.

Drugs are illegal, they still result in nearly 3x as many deaths than gun related homicides. Cars are not illegal, result in nearly 2x as many deaths. Suicide via gun is almost double homicide via gun.

Mass shootings invoke severe emotional reactions. Legislative decisions should never be made based on emotion. And millions of law abiding citizens should never be punished due to the actions of criminals. Especially when the actual problems are not being addressed, such as poor parenting, education and a decline of morals across societies. Those problems don't offer an easy "fix" such as BAN GUNS that plays well in political campaigns, especially to the growing "progressive" left who are very close to becoming outright enemies of morals and personal responsibility.

The police have no access to medical journals. They have no information on the mentally ill, unless that mentally ill has done anything which has grabbed the attention of the police.

But psychologists can, in rare cases, tell the police if they deem one of their patients a danger to themselves or others.

You already have restrictions on cars, stupid. Restrictions would allow guns and save lives.

>hurr all federal unions are empires
I guess that makes Switzerland an empire

I have no problem with gun restrictions but banning guns is dumb

they have restrictions on guns too.

Less than we do, but they do have them.

>North Korea has human rights too. Less than we do, but they do have them.

What is this retarded Norwegian saying?

>has done anything which has grabbed the attention of the police
Exactly. The police can confiscate guns regardless of any information from the health services if you are deemed unfit to own gun for whatever reason.

the kid who bought that AR15 had to go through a course to get it, He also needed a license, clean record, pass a few tests, and prove that he wasn't mentally ill. People buy guns illegally for much cheaper than that

do some basic research into american gun laws before spouting Daily Show level of ignorance please.

And they can do so in the US too. But it requires due process, and is a bit more complicated than in Norway.

But really, Europeans should stop thinking the US is a gun free for all.

And to clarify: I'm actually pretty satisfied with the restrictions we have in Norway. It's very little I would want to change, and I'd certainly not want american gun laws here.

I don't even want the police to carry guns at all times. I prefer them having their guns in their patrol cars. What works here, won't necessarily work there.

But different cultures have different legislation, based on their values. People need to understand and respect that.

You're just jealous of our evolutionary advantage. We gained fat to counter the rise of fire arms. When the world goes to shit and WW3 comes on top America will come out fine thanks to our built in body armor and reserved calories.

>Mexican intellectuals

Please, post about how much you despise Putin on VKontakte, Ivan. Let's see what happens.

I agree. I think we have a pretty good system, but this would never be accepted in the US.

Correct, I'm made that trumps even suggesting a compromise on gun control.

KEK'd

>a study of global mass-shooting incidents from 2009 to 2015 by the Crime Prevention Research Center,

Hmmm, I wonder if anything might have skewed these statistics.

Come back when your argument isn't based on occupy democrats Facebook images

>let's pick a 300+ million country and compare it to the smallest countries in europe
ebin

Oh, seems like you know things about Russia? Watched too much CNN?
Nothing will happen. People criticize him every day. Navalny did many investigations against corrupted politicians or oligarchs and haven't even been sued for slander.

>googles list of journalists killed in Russia

Rates are retarded.
What matters is the count.