THE WHEEL OF TIME IS OFFICIALLY COMING TO TELEVISION

youtube.com/watch?v=hUQE0-G_GeU

The story follows Moiraine, an Aes Sedai who can channel the One Power, and her companions as they journey to find and protect the Dragon Reborn. They must find a way to return the Dark One to his prison while multiple factions try to stop them. It’s full of magic and combat and all the things one hopes to see in a high fantasy adventure series.

I hope its good

why would anything good happen.jpg

sounds gay

>black
>hispanic
>trans
>cut
>hindu
>hispanic
>cut
>black

>Demandred practicing at the sword gym
>Almost manages to beat LTT yet again
>Reaches for his LTT brand protein shake, before he showers with LTT brand body wash and shampoo

>those captions

What precisely are you implying? Is being "gay" now a bad thing? Spell out your thoughts.

>on the radio breakfast in the morning with the lord of the morning

Am I supposed to know what this nerd shit is?

Did that guy last night ever find the pictures of the brochure that explains Robert Jordan's inspirations for each country?

Question
Are the parallels between cultures conscious?

Robert Jordan
Well, the parallels are conscious, but I've taken, I've tried to take come care that there's no exact duplication. There are bits from this culture and this historical period, and this sort of other culture and other historical period, fitted together to make this culture or that culture. You cannot look at the Sea Folk for instance and say, "Oh yes, ah well, that's from India. That is the culture of Japan, or India, or China, or England, or whatever." Because there is no single culture in that way. The Aiel for example have bits of Zulu, and bits of Apache, and bits of Cheyenne Indians, and bits of Bedouin and bits of Japanese cultures, and also some things that I simply thought would be neat. ... So I could fit them into the culture.

Question
Which cultures are in the Seanchan?

Robert Jordan
The Seanchan also are the melting of things that have come from many different human cultures to make their culture. There have been many rigid stratified, rigidly hierarchical cultures. It's a very human thing. The concept of being able to climb above your station is a relatively new one in human culture. You were born where you were born for a reason, and that is the place you will stay, that has been the norm for human culture, for most of history.

I mean, even the groups...the Whitecloaks are the people who know the truth. Not just truth, they know Truth, they know Veritas, they know Truth with a capital T, they're the Taliban, the Ku Klux Klan, they're the people who know the truth and you must believe their truth or they will kill you. but they're not the Taliban, they're not the Teutonic Knights, they're not the Ku Klux Klan. They are simply that concept.

Seanchan are Imperial Xian hierarchy except RJ knows shit about China apart from jade and concubines so he used imperial nippon's caste system instead, with a history of eastern Alexandrian empire that eventually gave birth to Constantinople and the Byzantine empire.

Jonathon from Nebraska
Mr. Jordan...I play a one of the best telnet games based on your books (cshadow.net port 4000). It runs as close to you books as we can get. My question is this...I play a Seanchan character and have for some time. What was your basis when creating the Seanchan race and the structure of their society? I enjoy the race completely and love the structure of its hierarchy and was just curious as to what they are created from in your mind...? Thank you!!
Robert Jordan
Imperial China. Japan during the Shogunites, with strong dollups from the Persian Empire and from the Ottoman.

Stop shitting on RJ when you don't know shit yourself.

If you don't reply to this post with the name of the absolute best Wheel of Time grill, Ba'alzamon will come and kill your mother in her sleep tonight.

There IS an objectively correct answer.

Halima

RJ a shit, word of god a shit, alexandrian empire led to the persian empire, and i got 3/4 right just from knowing my history, applying it deductively from what is presented instead of being a rigid fanboi who sucks off everything in a literal manner

Idris Elba as Rand al Thor

Please don't call me names. I just looked through his interview archives and he seems extremely well-informed about history.

Best grill for waifu purposes, or best girl who gave you a "...wow." moment?

For the first one... you know thinking back on it all the girls were self-righteous, weren't they? Hard to say. I like the aiel though generally, so probably one of them.

Best character though? Probably Verin. Wrapped in mystery until the end, beautifully done.

He couldn't even own up Artur Paendrag Hawkwing is named after the English Arthur yet has the backstory of Alexander conquering the entire western known world. That's his idea of deconstructing mythical characters, autistically mix-and-matching names and stories and calling them original? What is a strong dollup lol? con-going, smelly sensitive obeselord

>He couldn't even own up Artur Paendrag Hawkwing is named after the English Arthu
Oh, you're just stupid. Never mind.

>the interview archives have no ready-made defense for what he's saying
>where's the downboat button?
until next time kiddo

I just hope the sranc don't look too fake

He clearly used the English Arthur for Arthur Hawkwing, you idiot. Don't make up stupid shit and expect to not be called stupid, stupid.

>What is a strong dollup lol?
It's a hobby where you play with paper or plastic dolls and make them talk to each other like they're actors in a play

God damned fucking retarded millenials.

Min.

No wait, I hate my mother and want her to die. Elayne.

>alexandrian empire led to the persian empire
You have this backwards. Alexander's Empire and those of his eastern successors were built on the skeleton of the Achaemenid Persian Empire.

Why are you suddenly playing dumb now and expect anyone to believe you can't recognize a conjunction, this part of the redditor losing at the internet playbook taught in the interview archives? No wonder you suck the dick of this series.

I can't believe I issued two responses to a literally retarded person. Fuck.

How strong is it as a hobby in a scale of 1 to swooning escapism?

He said it sounds as gay as your post

If Hawkwing was randland's Alexander, whose placeholder was LTT?

You are so fucking dumb.

Please don't call me names on account of your feelings

Randland is Earth you stupid moronic baby. You're probably wearing a hat right now.

Caesar and Siddhartha would be my guess.

Both white personalities of white history? This adaptation is never happening with that attitude.

People will watch this thinking it's as good as Game of Thrones and be disappointed. WoT is so cliche and Mary Sue.

It never changed from being bad. So there's that.

It's never getting made.

I can't wait for television to ruin another story I love.

see

Threadly reminder red eagle entertainment is still involved, who will they murder this time?

Robert Jordan and Martin are both shit stains in literature. Actually, most genre fiction is where literature goes to die. These long "epics" are the epitome of why genre fiction sucks dick. Dune barely gets away with it and Tolkien made it "okay" to turn some shit story into 2k pages. Go read a book that fucking matters, you faggots.

>fiction
>ever actually mattering
Get a STEM degree faggot

Moiraine desu

Go jerk off to infinite jest you sperg

not him but infinite jest is a pretty good book

You and your franchise sound like the gay.

>Get a STEM degree faggot
>40 - 65% of STEM majors sympathize, agree with, or support transsexualism and have had homosexual relationships at least one point in their life

:O

>sony

looks gay as fuck

>now

post yfw you realize this is just formal academic translation of someone in the humanities saying "You're gay" to people with STEM degrees

American China Imperium that speak like Texans.

I don't remember them speaking like Texans

>high fantasy in live action

but siddhartha is a poo

North Indian Indo-Aryan kshatriya from over a thousand years ago? Dude was probably pretty fare skinned.

Post Scenes you know they'll fuck up.

I'll start:
Mat vs the Gholam in Ebou Dar

It's Moiraine or Tuon there are literally no other good answers

Alanna bond-raping Rand. They'll spin it so that he's not as mad or kind of accepts that he needs her to do it to him.

these threads are making me want to re-read the series but I remember how much of a chore it got after book 6, I was pretty much skim reading to get to mat or rand chapters

Books are dead user. We will never have a Hamsun, Flaubert or Tolstoy ever again.