Friend and I go to see this movie

>friend and I go to see this movie
>no one else in the entire theater
>movie is full of edgy, poorly written jokes that make little or no sense
>lots of pointless, drawn-out, clumsy analogies between food and various real-life things like stereotypes, sex, etc
>hamfisted, pretentious message about le evils of religion (haha, fuck god bro, haha it's all bullshit haha dude weed lmao)
>that's another thing, they keep making weed references and the characters smoke lots of weed in multiple scenes, the movie seems weirdly obsessed with it for some reason
>just cynical, unfunny garbage through and through, no redeeming value, nothing charming or creative anywhere, just a constant stream of awful bullshit
>easily the worst movie I've seen in my life
How did this get such a good score on rotten tomatoes? It's so goddamn awful I could hardly believe it. Who enjoyed this? Is there some big joke that I'm not in on?

Other urls found in this thread:

christianitytoday.com/ct/2016/august-web-only/sausage-party.html
reddit.com/r/Catholicism/comments/4ymqwt/rant_about_sausage_party/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Is there some big joke that I'm not in on?
>Rotten Tomatoes

>seth rogen
how did you not expect exactly this, like line by line, word by word, everything that you wrote, is seth's brand. Did you not see that clay-mation journey to hell thing (don't know the name, don't care) that he did? or any other movie of his? I mean, just look at it, its characters are food items modeled after genitals, hello?

The only good joke was the Queso joke

The lesson to glean after Days of Future Past, Avengers, Age of Ultron, Thor, Thor 2, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Ant-Man, Civil War, Sausage Party and NuGhostbusters is that Rotten Tomatoes is completely unreliable for reviews.

Dat orgy scene tho.

Food is not for sexual.

>Avengers
>Iron-Man 2
>ANTS
>Civil War
>Bad

hell and back had nothing to do with seth rogen or anybody in that group, if you're gonna talk shit back it up with facts

alamo drafthouse in littleton near denver?

nah familia

Someone post the webm

Civil War was mediocre. Great action, but not something I would watch again, unless it's already playing.
Listed Avengers, because it had more potential, but the studio has squandered it away. And is also upset that Iron Man 2 isn't the Ballard of Drunken Tony.

>hamfisted, pretentious message about le evils of religion (haha, fuck god bro, haha it's all bullshit haha dude weed lmao)

I'm starting to wonder if the Seth's of the world keep using religion as a go to whipping boy because they know anyone fundamentalist enough to be offended wouldn't watch their shit anyway.

Anybody here got any Christian perspectives on Sausage Party?

I'm trying to look up reviews on Christian websites.
christianitytoday.com/ct/2016/august-web-only/sausage-party.html

Come on user, IM 2 was pretty bad.

Some things are just better when you're high like Gatorade and The Beatles. I haven't seen it yet but maybe Sausage Party is one of those things.

That just means it's not actually any good.

And it had so much potential to give us a healthy dose of excessive fanservice, but ultimately gave her less than five minutes of screen time!

It's because most people are new to all these jokes being thrown at you at once. On Sup Forums we see this shit every day, so jokes progress quicker for us and we're tired of every joke a day after we see it. These jokes were funny not too long ago. I also saw it today, and I didn't think it was too bad at all.

Agreed.

fucking communist! go back to your sociology faculty!

In my city the tickets are sold out.

Would be more funny if it had a talking fish and jelly babies.

Did she die in the movie?

I read a plot synopsis and just...eh. I thought I would have a stronger opinion on it, but no. I just don't really care enough.

No. She came to Shopwell's, bought the food, accidentally spilled some items (Saving Private Ryan scene), left the store, murdered various food characters (basically, what we saw in the trailers), and was never seen or heard from again.

All her scenes add up to less than five minutes. And this is all the material we have to make r34 from.

It was a meh at most, some fun scenes here and there but a lot were forced

Sup Forums piggu go home

I actually went and saw this yesteday with a friend, and I was legitmately surprised it was so bad - I mean, I knew it was going to be bad but it was so bad. The religious allegories had no subtlety, the dialogue was so awkward, and while I normally try to overlook the plot in comedies this one made no sense from beginning to end. The whole thing was a mess

Guess what OP?You just gave them money to make another.

reddit.com/r/Catholicism/comments/4ymqwt/rant_about_sausage_party/

Well at least there was that very very brief camletoe wedgie scene just before the food massacre scene.

>/r/Catholicism

This. Should have watched the camp like my wife and I did, cause despite a few funny moments we'd been pissed spending any money on that shit.

Movie really fell apart in the second half, spiralled into unrecoverable shit when they started mass murdering the shoppers.

what the fuck did people expect? A masterpiece à la Pixar?
Has the average american person ever seen a CGI movie that isn't Disney/Pixar or DW?

Whatbthe fuck is wrong about the message about "fuck god"? Seriously, i only hear angsty christyards and contrarions complain about it.

When your movies about food fucking you start to question if there is a loving God I guess

There's something about that hot dog that pisses me off

Ha. I find it so funny that a low-brow stoner movie's explicitly stated message somehow went over your head.

The movie actually made the point that you can't just call religion bullshit, you have to respect that people sincerely believe these things and try to communicate constructively.

>>friend and I go to see this movie
stopped reading here. You should've known better. Didn't Sup Forums warn you?

This. It's just a stupid extended Family Guy scene.
The only real reason to be slightly annoyed is that it's driving business away from Kubo.

Only /x/ would understand the underlying theme in this movie, what a time to be alive

>mfw

I saw a poster for this in a Russian theater. I wonder if it got censored in any way, because there's some stuff that's definitely illegal in Russia like propaganda of drugs and homosexuality. I'm not curious enough to pay money for this shit though.

>illegal
>homosexuality
then how the fuck did Sausage Party make it to Russia?