I can't believe they actually pulled it off

I can't believe they actually pulled it off.

Right? I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and people to start leaving in droves again, but they just continuously keep making mostly good decisons.

The vast majority of the books are mediocre tho

"Pulling it off" did not require much from the state of what they left. It's good, okay, fun, sure, but it's not mind-blowing and maybe that's all we really need. Still not muh DC

I'm still waiting to see how the Watchmen induction is received. Think it could undo all the goodwill Rebirth has brought?

I keep waiting for something really bad and dumb to happen

I feel like all this goodwill and good reception towards Rebirth is going to explode

Action Comics, Green Lanterns, Justice League, Harley Quinn, and Aquaman are the only books that are really not doing it for me.

And even then mediocre is still a step above complete and total dross.

They didn't pull shit. They just returned to a decent starting point. It's not difficult if your previous state as a shared universe was absolute shit.

I'm optimistic about the future of the DC universe though.

It's pretty good, but a lot of the hype has died down since June.

By all accounts DC's editorial is doing a great job not just recruiting and curating new talent, but actually retaining it for once.

Action Comics and JL sure buy Green Lanternscreen is pretty great

>Green Lanterns is pretty great
nah

>It's pretty good, but a lot of the hype has died down since June.

This was pretty much inevitable. Every book goes through these cycles no matter how good where it just eventually stops making waves no matter how good it is. I mean how often do you see like daily Saga or Chew threads or whatever?

Eh to each his own

It's just crazy that all it took was Geoff Johns taking on more control.

Like, pound for pound, it was just a DC fanboy somehow convincing the existing suits to cut it with the gimmicks and go back to something good.

In this current world, where every executive can blame poor decisions on Netflix/technology, it's crazy that Johns actually got listened to and actually succeeded with his vision.

Maybe we'll see some good Chew threads when the series finally wraps up.

Saga isn't exactly fondly followed on this board though.

>In this current world, where every executive can blame poor decisions on Netflix/technology, it's crazy that Johns actually got listened to and actually succeeded with his vision.

We may bitch about his Justice League but his name still sells book. And more often than not, for good reason.

The only hype was from Watchmen being used

>It's just crazy that all it took was Geoff Johns taking on more control.

I've been saying for years that Johns should be EIC.

>Not Wally coming back
>Not the old JSA coming back
>Not King's Batman
>Not Aquaman and Mera being in a serious relationship again
>Not Pre-Flashpoint Supes and Lois returning with their kid

Watchmen got all the headlines, but there's a lot of other parts to be hype about.

>>Brings back pre Nu52
>>Keeps 52 Harley Quinn
...I know I know 52 H.Q is the money maker & it would be stupid to can it...Sigh...I,m still hoping thay could find writers to do A good classic H.Q mini..or get Tim,Dini,Silva for it.

I thought that user was talking about headlines

>>Not King's Batman
>>Not Pre-Flashpoint Supes and Lois returning with their kid
These are not exactly good things

I thought he was talking about people who actually read comics and not shitty bloggers looking for easy page views.

When's the next Rebirth issue going to come out? I really want to see some Watchmen crossover actions. Do you think we'll only see Dr. Manhattan, or will we see some other faces?

If he meant that then Rebirth hype is still strong.

I think the entire overarching thing is supposed to take three years?
Not sure where I got that.

King's Batman is fucking great, shut your face.

Old Supes would be better if A.) both AC and his self-titles series weren't boring as fuck, and B.) they weren't disrespecting New 52 Supes at the same time and downplaying a legitimately good iteration of the character in favor of pleasing neckbeards who want everything old to be new again.

Johns mentioned it in an interview, I believe.

And yeah, DCU Rebirth was a one-off title meant to introduce some of the major changes and plot hooks in the universe across different character lines and books. Each of those plots is followed up on in different ways, but the big overarching mystery of "who actually created the reboot after Flashpoint" and "why did they do it" will be slow to unfold and is mostly dealt with indirectly in Titans right now.

>disrespecting New 52 Supes at the same time and downplaying a legitimately good iteration of the character in favor of pleasing neckbeards who want everything old to be new again.
They've hardly mentioned the nigga.

Yeah, I mostly just mad that he got dropped like a wet sack of potatoes with not much of a sendoff other than "WELP GUESS IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO BRING HIM BACK TO LIFE."

They always mention how Nu52 Supes was a great guy and wonder if pre Clark can live up

So I should be reading Titans if I want to see what's going on with the Watchmen story line?

Hopefully only Manhattan. He has no reason to take the others from their world and put them on Earth-0.

They're only vaguely referencing that someone fucked with the timestream at this point. Nothing specifically related to Manhattan.

You SHOULD be reading it thought because Abra Kadabra is the main villain.

What's the recommended rebirth reading list or do I just power through the entire thing?

But supermans superman book is miles better than cuckman

Titans and flash seem to be following up on it. And king said psycho pirate knows whats going on over in batman

You'll make fun of me for thinking this, but I secretly want some more Watchmen characters to crossover into the DC universe. If Rorschach could get retconned into living again, I would have a very shameful wank.

Is this rebirth? What are they doing right this time?

Start off with DCU Rebirth, it does a good job of unifying the general direction of the shared universe during the Rebirth changes.

After that, it really depends on what characters you're interested. So far the only books that I would advise you to stay away from are JLA and Action Comics, and that's mainly just because they're slow and boring.

And no you don't need to read everything because each of the books do their own thing and focus on their own characters. There's a Bat-book crossover planned here soon, but that's it.

Giving the fans what they want

Do I need to know about what happened in convergence and who lived and died?

Hiring good talent and letting them work on what they're actually interested in.

Story > Continuity

They had old supes forget that he had made a monument in honor to his parents just to make n5 supes look better in comparison. He's getting enough respect. Also the superman title is entertaining.

Ultimately there's only three things that you need to know about the outcome of Convergence.

>Pre-Flashpoint Supes and Lois come back into the main universe
>Parallax comes back to the main universe
>Pre-Flashpoint Booster Gold becomes the new Waverider

The only big cosmological change to the DCU (undoing COIE's effect of destroying the multiverse into a single surviving world) as a result of the event was already basically instituted by Multiversity before it, and Convergence only serves to confuse the idea.

All you need to know about Convergence is that it's how Superman, Lois and their son got here. Also Parallax whenever he shows up again.
Read Superman: Clark and Lois.

based cereal lord

I will eat some Golden Grahams tomorrow in his honor

>King's Batman is fucking great, shut your face
It's really nothing special, I don't get the hype.

Did you read Snyder

Nope.

The story itself isn't much special, but I like King's style of narration and pacing. Only real complaint I have about the storytelling is that it's difficult to tell how much time is passing between issues and between scenes within the issues.

It's a vast improvement

What have they ben doing/done? I havemt read any rebirth cause money is tight

Gone back to basics. More focus on story and proper character development than banking outrage

ginger Wally is back so is Abra Kadabra
New 52 Supes is dead
Pre Flashpoint Superman and Lois are back and they had a kid
Aquaman proposed to Mera
the JSA existed
Green Arrow and Black Canary meet for the first time again and GA book is fucking great in general
Flash doesn't suck anymore
Dogfucker is actually doing a good job with Baz and Jessica buddy space cops book

>find out that the New 52 reboot was actually the result of some outside force fucking around with the timeline and removing large chunks of continuity from it
>As a result the universe lost things like legacy, relationships between characters, and became darker in tone
>Shit that's gone down in the DCU weakens certain multiversal boundaries and is starting to let those older aspects seep back in
>Wally escapes the Speed Force where he's been relegated as a result of the rebooted timeline and has a vague understanding of what's been going on since he's been outside of the universe for so long
>The force responsible for fucking with the timeline is revealed to be Dr. Manhattan, but his motivations haven't been touched on at all yet.

Those are the big main points.

So is it Manhattan himself doing the deeds or someone using his power

It's Manhattan but Johns is pretty clear that he's not doing it specifically to be cruel or evil. It seems more of an accident of experimentation. My theory is that he was trying to recreate the Watchmen universe and comes very close to it with Earth 4 in Pax Americana

yeah but if [[spoiler:it was an accident I doubt he would have killed owlman, metron, and pandora[/spoiler]

He's trying to cover his tracks. Can't have any uncontrolled, confounding variables running around.

Can Johns save the movie-verse too?

I think there's way more cooks in the kitchen on that for him to make as much of a difference.

I think the biggest surprise is that Lobdell has been decently readable. I'm genuinely shocked that RHATO is not a complete mess.

He hasn't gotten to writing Artemis or Bizarro yet, don't jump to conclusions right now.

only if WB lets him

>So I should be reading Titans if I want to see what's going on with the Watchmen story line?

I think anything written by a handful of writers is going to pay off for the "Watchmen" storyline. You have to look at the writers that Johns worked very closely with prior to Rebirth.

>King
>Rucka
>Abnett
>Orlando
>Williamson

It's not gonna happen for at least another year or two, so we've got some time.

MAKE CAPESHIT GREAT AGAIN

>Not Aquaman and Mera being in a serious relationship again
And what they were doing since New 52?

Well they weren't engaged until the Rebirth special, just dating, I guess.

Superman is one of DC's best titles right now.

Action Comics is pretty good too, it's just that all of DC's other titles overshadow it by being even greater.

I read first storytime yesterday. Man, people were salty.

When will Clark and Wally bond over the old timeline
When will clark ask Wally what happened to Jai and Irey and what will Wally's reaction be

Doubtful.

I think Justice League vs. Suicide Squad is a fucking retarded decision, but other than that Rebirth has been shaping up rather nicely.

It's got a good team on it and only crosses over into 2 books and will probably sell a lot. Might be fun. Anyone writing Harley other than Palmiotti seems fine.

it's not my cup of tea but I'd hardly consider it a catastrophic failure

I haven't read anything from DC since Final Crisis... so that shitty new 52 relaunch is gone and they went back to the way it was before?

>when everyone else is praising Johns but you can't understand why and you're also still mad about GL: Rebirth

I never said it was a catastrophic failure, I just hate "VS" events. Mostly because Marvel left a bad taste in my mouth with similar bullshit.

Salty Kylefag pls go.

If Dr Manhattan fucked with the time-line and the alternate universes, does that mean that there is only one Dr Manhattan in the multiverse?

They haven't though.

Atleast not what the Rebirth issue itself was pitching.

Outside of Wally's Return and the Blue Beetle Team up not a fucking thing in that book has been dealt with.

1. The 3 Jokers not fucking dealt with.

2. The JSA not fucking dealt with.

3. The LoSH not fucking dealt with.

4. Blaqualad not fucking dealt with.

5. Robin hitting puberty not fucking dealt with.

6. Dr. Fate not fucking dealt with.

7. WATCHMEN NOT FUCKING DEALT WITH.
Sheeeeeeiiiiiiiittttttttt they haven't even married Aquaman and Mera back yet.............

Well Dan Jurgens, Kieth Giffen, Scott Lobdell, Brett Booth, Robert Venditti, and the "Dogfucker" haven't been sent to the glue factory yet so that's a problem.

400,000 her rebirth issue sold.

Short of Amanda and Jimmy going full Chuck Dixon there's no going back.

Isn't Manhattan above everything? Multiverse is in some box on Mars.
>4. Blaqualad not fucking dealt with.
Go away, cartoonfag.

Blame Johns he created Blaqualad and put him The issue

>Kieth Giffen
>lumping Giffen in with Booth, Lobdell and Dogfucker
kill yourself my man

BIG
I
G

BLUE
L
U
E

PENIS
E
N
I
S

Remember, it's never erect.

I think there's one man out there who can make it hard. We all know who he is.

>DCucks crowing about Damage Control rebooting for the 84836749826639494636 time
>holding a gun to the head of the industry and telling diversity to fuck off

When y'all die of fat Marvel will kill DC completely because Marvel actually invests intelligently

It's a 2 book crossover, and it's not like there's no precedent for Waller disliking the League.

Mark Waid and the Marlel crew focused on the Doc Manhatten thing to convince people it was a bigger deal than it was.

Well, the NuMetal52 really did set the bar low. In fact it pretty much laid it on the floor.

It's been 3 months user

>Marlel crew

You delusional casuals have a special knack for conspiracy theories.

Jesus fuck dude, it's barely been 3 months and all the titles haven't even launched yet.

This is like the billionth Rebirth circlejerk thread.
Could we all please stop sucking DC's cock for second?
This shit is getting absurd.

How else are you gonna get the point that we support second place here.

You can't be a contrarian when you're wearing mickey mouse ears. We like our ears nice and pointy around here.