>Two Brothers
>Corto Maltese: Beyond the Windy Isles

>Best Inker; Klaus Janson, Dark Knight III The Master Race

>Best New Series: Paper Girls, Brian K Vaughan and Cliff Chiang

>Best Newcomer: Tom King

>Special Award for Humor in Comic: Chip Zdarsky

>Hall of Fame inductee is Carl Barks

>Best Original publication for Younger Readers: Lumberjanes

>Best Graphic Album Previously Published: The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal publshed by Iron Circus

>Special Award for Exceent in Presentation: Peanuts a Tribute to Charles Shulz

>Dick Giordano Humanitarian of the Year Away to Beth Widera

>Best Domestic Reprint Project: Crimson Vol. 1 from Boom

>Best Cover Artist: Fiona Staples

>Best Biographical or Historical Presentation: March Book Two

>Al Jaffee inducted into the Harvey Kurtsman Hall of Fame

>Lifetime Achievement Award to Joe Giella

>Best Continuing or Limited Series: Saga

>Best Writer: Brian K Vaughan

>Best Artist: Fiona Staples

>Best Cartoonist: Stan Sakai

>Best Single Issue or Story: Peanuts

Other urls found in this thread:

harveyawards.org/harvey-award-information/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BTFO
T
F
O

god DAMN, that's a lot of awards. i mean, i understand that there can be many facets to working in the comics medium, but "Best American Edition of Foreign Material"? "Best Graphic Album Previously Published"? it just seems to dilute the meaning of the award.

the science-fiction/fantasy general threads on /lit/ have made me really question the validity/meaning of the main sff awards (Hugo, Nebula). so, what is everyone here's perception of the objectivity of the Harvey awards? how do they compare to the Eisner awards? this is honestly the first time i've seen a thread for comic awards here so i'm curious.

>Best American Edition of Foreign Material"? "Best Graphic Album Previously Published"?
If you knew anything at all about how easy and common it is to fuck up reprints you would realize how important that is, they're rewarding the design and format along with the printing quality more than anything which are important parts of physical media

>Best Biographical or Historical Presentation:
Why is this not to seperate categorys

*not 2 seperate
Im a retard

Well March is both so it doesn't really matter

fair enough

>objectivity of the Harvey awards?
harveyawards.org/harvey-award-information/
The Harveys are strictly for creators, by creators... And they're seriously vet their nomination/voting processes, hence why Valiant's attempts to ballot stuff it ended up blowing up in their face ()

Yeah, the Harveys are sort of the technical Oscars of comic awards

Harveys are consistently okay to me. It's always comic pros writing in for nominations so it generally makes some amount of sense even if it's not actually the best of the best. Eisners vary heavily depending on whoever is on the committee making the decisions. Some years it's trash and some years it's genuinely great.

Ignatz is more my speed and even that's not perfect.

The dick sucking of BKV continues.

You're just jelly because you'll never be as successful as him :^)

That BKV dick must taste pretty good

Sooooo jelly :^)))

>King got an award

Nice, the Eisners didn't acknowledge his talents. Also what's the appeal of lumberjanes?

>Valiant walking away with nothing despite their best efforts
>more fucking Saga and BKV shilling
>less Big Two wins than the Eisners this year

>>Best Newcomer: Tom King
Good

What's the appeal of Tom King?

Hahaha, weren't there some categories where Valiant had all but one nomination?

>Best American Edition of Foreign Material, TIE
>Two Brothers
>Corto Maltese: Beyond the Windy Isles
It's just called Two Brothers!

>Waid was there to accept the award, since Zdarsky was off doing Zdarscon in his hotel room in Toronto

Battle pug is pretty neat.

Why would Waid ever accept anything for humor?

I take it you don't read comics.

Yeah that was pretty fishy with how Valiant got all those nominations. The Valiant Community even has a reputation of looking for websites that are conducting polls and surveys that feature Valiant as one of their choices and having everyone (and I mean everyone) in their community to mass vote Valiant. Plebbit /r/comicbooks had to omit some winners in their yearly "Best Of" because they saw how literally every field that had a Valiant Choice had waaaaaay more votes than those with none. I mean I like Valiant and all but shit like this makes me look down at their fanbase.

Yep, seems pretty good to me.

>Best Continuing or Limited Series: Saga
I can never understand this book. Everytime I see it, it's often just dicks or dick jokes.

But what if that style of shilling is practiced by the Big Two?

I don't recall there being DCuck and Marvelcuck communities who actively plan on looking for polls and surveys to highjack mainly because they don't need to. I detest Big Two Fags for different reasons (Company Wars, Character Faggotry, etc)

Howard the Duck wasn't bad. What else did he write? I couldn't stand Jughead because of the terrible art. I don't have high hopes with a humor writer writing Starlord but we'll see

>I don't recall there being DCuck and Marvelcuck communities who actively plan on looking for polls and surveys to highjack mainly because they don't need to. I detest Big Two Fags for different reasons (Company Wars, Character Faggotry, etc)
The Big Two are established names already in comics. But what may possibly happen if literally who publishers mass vote on random comic book surveys and polls?

>What else did he write?
Kaptara, the first volume of the Jughead relaunch

>Comics, I'm CIA

Quirky Girl Adventures in the Forest. It's a pretty safe all-ages book. Though I still wish that Scooby-Doo Team Up managed to even get nominated. Sholly Fisch deserves the recognition.

>But what may possibly happen if literally who publishers mass vote on random comic book surveys and polls?
Because those kinds of surveys and polls are often to gauge out the interest of a community. If it's sabotaged or meddled with, you'll have a bunch of CBR or /r/comicbook users wondering how Valiant got a huge lead when literally no one discusses it regularly. Also it's fucking stupid.

>Tom King
>Lumberjanes
>all the BKV shit

Its not.
Dont get me wrong marvel has some abhorrent practices related to variants and some questionable (read: we are so progressive guys oh please god buy our comics) marketing and dc has movie adverts on there front covers that are far to intrusive but neither of them stoop to the level of stuffing ballots

Not Marvel or DC ones.

>Dont get me wrong marvel has some abhorrent practices related to variants and some questionable (read: we are so progressive guys oh please god buy our comics) marketing and dc has movie adverts on there front covers that are far to intrusive but neither of them stoop to the level of stuffing ballots
But how about the other publishers except Image, Fantagraphics, Scholastic, and the small press ones?

>Valiant didn't win anything

feels SO GOOD

The middle finger to Valiant makes me laugh. This is like a tiny step up from the Eisners, but still a laughing stock.

Maybe not enough of both made in a year

I read Sheriff of Babylon and it was shit. Are his cape books really that much better?

>Best Online Comic: Battle Pug, Mike Norton
Holy shit, Battle Pug is still going?

Who the fuck actually thinks Fiona Staples is even one of the top 50 artists in comics today, let alone the best?

here's your (you)

Thanks I guess? Now answer the question?

here's another (you)

Sweet, I'm really racking them up.

I've never read Vision but even if it's twice as good as Sheriff of Babylon it's still shit.

Have you considered suicide, perhaps? The world doesn't need another shit-taste cunt like you.

Image is annoying about how they smugly proclaim each time that they're on their way to being one of the Big Two each time. Other than that I feel with the recent resurgence in comics, they're no longer the best non-Big Two publisher out there. I'm awfully sorry but smaller press publishers just have to strive even harder than Big Two publishers and it's a fact. Not even recognizable properties help, just look at IDW, they're not selling that good either compared to Big Two. What Valiant's fanbase does is just immature, I mean trying to incite company wars about how their company is better is one thing but shit like this is not good for their image

>Bloom County

And all is right with the world.

Why are Tom King fans such butthurt assholes? All I'm asking is what the big deal is with him and you fly at me in an autistic rage. Why do you think Sheriff of Babylon is such a godly untouchable comic, anyway? Is it the first Vertigo book you've ever read or something?