/doag/

violent authoritarian shill edition.

Flashback over! Back to the action- it's time for a slow walking chase!

Other urls found in this thread:

dumbingofage.com/2016/comic/book-6/02-that-perfect-girl/thoughtless/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>flashback over already
I was actually anticipating a week of Lil' Sal.

Also, why take a picture?

Also, is Willis still going for the whole "Conservatives hate blacks" thing despite there clearly being black and/or non-white people in the crowd?

Also, do midnight political rallies even exist? Like, anywhere?

Well this is turning out even dumber than I thought it was going to.

Look, I don't care, okay?

I just noticed her phone turns into a 3DS in the fourth and fifth panels.

You know how you're watching a TV show and the writers keep teasing an interesting development over and over with increasingly contrived ways of preventing it from happening, but you don't really care because it's fun just to watch these characters and experience their world?

This is not like that. This is not fun.

Yeah but you have a name on an anonymous image board so your complaints are invalid.

Okay so what is it Willis, can Amber stand toe to toe with Sal or not? Because it's getting hard to fucking call someone a victim if they're always fucking winning!

Is she going to compare his picture using her 3DS to confirm he's the rapist?

I assume that's supposed to be like a phone case.

He's not wrong.
Basically, the characters are unlikeable, so everything Willis does to keep people interested is just wasted.

Dumbing of Age feels like a really bad soap opera.

First, here's a series of comments I enjoyed from the strip yesterday (would be the principal letting Leland off the hook). You don't have to reveal yourself if you post here, but you did great work user.

>Amazi-Girl has completely snapped out of any anger she had and is now behaving completely rationally.

The power of not wanting to be associated with *other people's* racism has 100% fixed Amazi-Girl and she isn't at all flustered with how to deal with her greatest failure as a superhero: the rapist she provided an active distraction for.

Cool. Good writing.

He's not wrong, it's just that his complaints are invalid. Because he's an attention seeking whore.

The reason why I post under a name is actually a bit more complicated than that. I used to post on the DoA site with this name, then Willis banned me after I brought up reading /doag/ and I used the same name here to confirm it was me.

I've kept using my name here on the off chance someone does an extensive analysis of DoA and Willis' general insanity using /doag/ threads for research so that they know which thoughts/complaints are mine and how they compare to my comments on Willis' site.

...This seems incredibly fucking autistic and pointless now that I've typed it all out, but eh. Whatever.

NOW she's calm and collected? After stalking a bitch that gives her some form of PTSD and getting thrown to the ground by her, she finds a rapist, which apparently has a soothing effect on her nerves.

Sorry you got banned!

Were you the "Sup Forums guy" he bragged about banning on his twitter?

Because I thought the dude just banned "Sup Forums guy" for the sheer reason that he reads Sup Forums despite the idiot advertising DoA on Sup Forums.

What was the point of the flash back?!! It added nothing to the situation! You could have taken it out and everything would have been the same.

The comic where I got banned, for context:

dumbingofage.com/2016/comic/book-6/02-that-perfect-girl/thoughtless/

>“Sup Forums”
>oh well that explains a fucking lot

It is absolutely incredible how much of a tool this guy is.

Wrong picture

Can somebody the strip in which the rape happened?

I want to see how Willis deals with thesubject and that's kind of hot too

>Amber is now calm and cool thinking even though she was literally crazy blood-thirsty 10 seconds ago.

It didn't get as far as rape, she got roofied. Ryan called her a tease and told her to get the hell in the washroom, Joyce glassed the fuck out of his face, then the drugs kicked in and he grabbed her. Then Sarah hit him over the head with a baseball bat.

>Impossible strength should not be a requirement for humanity or participation in culture.

See if you can guess who the source of this quote is.

It was only an attempted rape; Ryan didn't even get Joyce into the bedroom. Hell, I don't even think he got the door opened before outright stating he was going to rape Joyce.

>a crowd of white kids urging the white girl to beat up the black one
>calling her a thug

I feel pretty bad for you.

Also amused because Cerberus is talking about understanding how Sup Forums works when they freaked the fuck out about Sup Forums a little while later and asked for people with experience to help her on Patreon.

Eh. I had an off day. I'm over it.

Cerb is like Willis. You're either part of the solution or part of the problem, and for people like them Sup Forums will always be The Problem.

At the very least, the camera hole moves.

Race traitors. Just like the ones that date other races instead of dating their own kind. That's why Sal's parents are worse than hitler. Because mixed parents are so racist. More reason why segregation should be intergrates into society. So black people and white people don't get together and create evil racist mixed couples...

Wait, what? If we're just gonna jump right back here, then what was the point of the fucking flashback? To show us that Sal's always resorted to violence when things don't go her way? Fucking hell, this comic has no concept of pacing.

Gotta wonder what Amazi-girl's plan is. What's she going to do once she catches up to Ryan? Beat him up? Take him to the police? Roofie him? None of these seem like good options.

It actually looks like she's going o do some for real detective work and figure out his identity and then maybe tell Joyce so she can press charges.

Maybe gears will shift abruptly again and she'll attack him though, who can tell.

Meanwhile in the comments on the site, someone called Willis' sameface art lazy, and he took it to mean that they're referring to his work ethic. So now he's whining about how he's doing strips for us for free, despite it being a crucial part of his business plan for his job.

Amazi-Girl could have done her detective work three weeks ago. SOMEONE at the party had to know who the guy was. Get a list of possible names, then find a name that matches a guy with a HUGE FUCKING GASH across his face.

This comic is so fucking stupid.

willis gets triggered by the mention of Sup Forums.

for the record, this wasn't even allowed to be posted, he removed it so people couldn't see critique from someone who isn't a straight, white person.

Yeah, him coming back on campus really clashes against the idea that he was a complete unknown that snuck in. Someone really should've recognized him!

I think Willis is going to keep alienating/banning commenters until the only ones left posting are himself, Cerberus, and that Bicycle Bill guy.

Wait, who's Bicycle Bill???

You'd think someone else from the party would have noticed him.

Did anyone give him shit for how lazy this was?

>Amazi-Girl
>Being competent at anything besides beating the crap out of people

No clue, but it angers me that he thinks he worked really hard on it.

She's also good at jumping......
to conclusions.

This was my thought as well. Also, that transformation is far more interesting than anything else that happened in the comic.

Liar.

I wish we would have gotten at least one comic about Mary arguing with that guy.

Guys, I can't handle this anymore.
This comic is BEYOND shit and there is no way of fixing it. ALL characters are terrible, dialogs are trash, creator is a manchild with tones of brain problems...... and this crap got fans. Who PAY this man.

I know I can just walk away and not giving a shit but its THERE. And there are people who agree and support the crap that goes on in this horrible comic.

tl;dr: How do we stop this madness?

>So now he's whining about how he's doing strips for us for free

Convince him to an hero.

God, reading the rest of the comments and Willis piling up on a relatively innocent questions is disgusting.

They keep talking a big game about not bullying and racism, but they attack a mixed race man, call him ignorant and assume he's white, demand bans for anyone speaking out against it, just for asking a question.

Jeez, these people are really the scum of the earth.

The saddest thing is all the comments think the Leland plot is going to continue tomorrow. Those poor naive fools

Honestly this comic is not worth 1000 word essays. Good riddance.

I brought up in here the disparity of the staircase behind Sal and Marcie, and how it shrinks between this shot and the strip where Sal pulls down Amber.

Damn it, Willis, at least put some squiggles on those placards, or photoshop "DeSanto 2016" on them, or SOMETHING.

Do that, THEN you can brag about detail.
There's some evidence to suggest that the SJW movement is eating itself form the inside, so it's entirely possible that his patreon subscribers will get bored and move on eventually. Plus, Willis is not a smart man - the only reason he doesn't blow all his internet money on Transformers is because his wife won't let him.

and get banned?

Bad soap operas can at least be entertaining, this shit sucks.

Actually yes. I was reading the comments just now and someone replied to "Leland looks like Ryan" with "he's just lazy", and Willis flipped out about how he "stays up late to write free comics for [us] while taking care of twins" so accusations of laziness makes him "super fucking angry".

You're the one who flat out said you went full-time on Dumbing of Age because you didn't have to put any effort into it, you fat hairy manchild prick.

Huh, didn't read what you were replying to.

Still, the point here is that he's a fat hairy manchild prick.

But he IS lazy. He didn't even put faces on half the people in that panel he's so proud of. And most of the ones with faces don't even have noses.

>someone called Willis' sameface art lazy, and he took it to mean that they're referring to his work ethic
he flips out whenever anyone calls him lzy, especially when they point out actual art mistakes he didnt bother to fix.
wilis is lazy as fuck. he admitted he just writes doa because its easy and he doesnt have to think about it, and seeing some of his more serious art, its obvious he doesnt put any effort into drawing doa either.
so why the fuck does he deny it so hard?

You guys will never believe me, but a while back I gave Willis an art criticism and he seemed to actually take it.

I once asked him why Billie's hair is so much shorter let down then when it's in a ponytail (the difference was incredibly obvious. Ponytail was past her shoulders, let down it was chin length).
Willis of course gave his usual shitty remark "Because she's a cartoon character".

But every time after when Billie had her hair down, it was way longer, like it should be.

Everything the guy does is out of some degree of spite, so I can just imagine him doing this not to genuinely improve, but to stick it to me.

Jeez, what's so hard about just admitting he didn't notice something, or just saying he liked the ponytail that way? Why does he have to be a petty douche in every interaction?

Also:
>Point out that his portrayal of an event is preposterous
BAAW THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO ME!

>Point out his art is inconsistent
BAAW THEY'RE CARTOONS!

I'm mostly just surprised he actually took what I said to heart instead of continuing to draw the hair wrong out of spite or something like he always does whenever someone points something out.

>Why does he have to be a petty douche in every interaction?
Maybe something is lodged in his brain.

That actually is a bit surprising. Heck, she could have gotten her hair cut instead, too.

What strip did you first notice the inconsistency and what strip did he fix it on?

Yeah, even the really bad plots here aren't bad enough to be funny.

I think it was around the arc where she, Joyce, Dina and Sarah go to the mall?
All the old comics where Billie has her hair down, it's longer than I remember, but still always inconsistent to how long he drew the ponytail.

I can't be arsed to look for when I noticed him fixing it. Even the older comics are godawful in hindsight.

I can't get a comment for reference like Zagreus did since I asked over tumblr.

>I'm doing this shit for free so I don't have to listen to criticism.

It's a pretty common attitude from a certain type of amateur creator. Of course anyone that genuinely wants to improve should still try and act in a professional manner and at least consider valid criticism.

Despite his attitude, Willis' comic is his job and he is doing it professionally. He provides the comic "for free" on his website for ad revenue and to increase his audience (there's always people leaving so you need to keep people coming in). Then the rest of his business model is about converting those fans into patreon supporters and book buyers. He's not doing anyone any favours.

It's not even free. Just by being on his site, youre giving him money from ad revenue.

I use multiple ad blockers to spite people like him.

>>Point out his art is inconsistent
>BAAW THEY'RE CARTOONS!
I could even see that excuse if it were some bad frames in animation. But with his 3-month buffer, he has more than enough time to fix anything that doesn't look right.

This. Especially when the fight isn't going to happen.

Taking down Ryan will net her more hero points. Taking down the one responsible for her Tragic Origin? Not so much.

He welcomes fans from all walks of life... So long as you're not Christian or visit the wrong website.

This man is making bank too.

>Master artists from ages past suffered abuse and criticism, their art only appreciated after they were dead and gone
>Willy makes a living off of tripe he admits to half-assing (but don't accuse him of half-assing!)

>or don't agree with him
>or are white
>and cis

Is there a post, pic, video or something that shows the moment in which Willys stopped being a decent webcomic artis and became the worst SJW?

It happened the way someone falls asleep, user. Very slowly, then all at once.

Really? I mean I can kind of forgive him doing a slapdash job occasionally due to his schedule being as good as it is but if he really wants to say he didn't rush it out that's fucked

It was definitely sometime during Shortpacked. The False Equivalency comic was probably the pin drop for most people, and it just got more retardedly SJW from there.

Bumping so we don't have to make another thread once Patreanon shows up later tonight.

I ain't reading all that.
Summarize it into one sentence.

I skimmed it, but I think it goes like this

White christian person who has legitimate experience being discriminated against by non-whites in their youth with evidence to back it up is mad that Willis depicts all white christians as terrible fucking people.

Willis banned them for being a white christian and criticizing him.

>Willis depicts all white christians as terrible fucking people
he doesnt though. the two main characters are white christians who are obviously not depicted as terrible, joyces dad is a legitimately great guy, and theres plenty of non-white christians who are good people too.
he probably deleted it because its a stupid fucking comment that a hundred people have made before

Joyce is a good person, yes (as much as one can be in DoA), but the way her development is going, it's clear she's eventually going to denounce her faith and become an atheist like all the other characters.

And probably become a lesbian, like all the other characters.

HA!

Non-white person gets emotionally and physically abused by militant Christians, goes into foster homes for years, gives up Christianity at age 15, has been tormented by a lot of people, doesn't hold it against Christians as a group, and thinks Willis should get off his high horse about how terrible Christians are.

maybe, but even so therell still be hank and becky and billie and the christian background girls, and joyce still would have been treated as a positive christian character up until the point she loses her faith
also dorothy is joyces only atheist friend

And this only shows how much of a goddamn tool Willis is, where someone who actually had bad experiences with Christians beyond "Mommy won't let me watch He-Man" is more open minded and mature than he is.

Novel length comment aside, good on that guy for getting over it instead of letting it fester and stunt them like Willy did.

what about Mary

shes not portrayed as a good person

Don't drag Becky into this. She thinks God makes lesbian booty calls for her

see, shes a great christian

She gives herself unto the Lord in all ways?

*insert appropriate eye-wiggle GIF*

I still say eventually Joyce is going to become a lesbian and hook up with Becky, because Willis has outright stated that the strip's reality will bend to make Becky happy, and the only thing she wants that she hasn't gotten yet is Joyce's vagina.

It's going to happen, There's no way it's not. It makes too much sense.

well then shed have to stay christian.
you cant have both things, guys

What I'm saying is I wouldn't put it past Willis to make Joyce lose her religion AND become a lesbian.

For god's sakes, he's been foreshadowing both for years.

sure, but beckys been pretty adamant about keeping her own faith. i cant see them getting together if joyce loses hers.

atheist lesbian joyce will have to go hit on someone else instead

He did a "is Joyce a lesbian" bait several years ago and since then she's been firmly straight.

Has Willis gone into Joyce's sexuality at all lately?

Not arguing, legit curious. Ever since Becky came in a lot of facets of Joyce's character have been dropped in favor of being Becky's sidekick, so I can't remember it coming up recently.