Better than Breaking Bad prove me wrong

better than Breaking Bad prove me wrong

why is it getting subpar reviews? I really enjoyed it desu

Why did you enjoy it?

I've been thinking about checking it out.

can't figure that out either -- not god tier but better than most out there

is it?

I thought it was pretty good

i enjoyed it. very entertaining, good cinematography, good acting. i haven't even check the reviews of it because i was too busy binging it

It has some really awkward scenes

First episode was pretty good though

Laura Linney is based always and Bateman makes you think he's gonna be Michael Bluth but has a lot more going on -- late series flashback v nice move

lol no

i liked the story and characters and how they would intermingle a lot.

it's got like a 65% on rt, and 67% metacritic.

all white characters

prove me wrong

for me, it was the constant coincidences that kept disrupting the story. bad writing backed them into a lot of corners where something completely unexpected was used to reset the story

>eugenia & garbage truck
>del & redneck/hillbilliy
>the funeral home
>buck being /ourguy/
>rachel seeing the chip in the wall
>selling a gun to a retarded child

also i thought jonah was so poorly handled. is he a psycho or just a misguided normie

didn't even notice that but you're right

it takes place in one of the whitest parts of the country

I'll give you selling a gun to Tuck and the Redneck thing but overall I like the constant resets -- compounded the feeling that no amount of planning could every guarantee safety

i wouldn't mind that if they handled it in a way that didn't just feel like a last-ditch effort asspull to keep everything moving. in that regard, the del situation was the only one that had any prior establishment. every other instance was set up and resolved (or just introduced without any set up) in the same scene

snowball effect

probably cuz elbis zebra isnt the main character

literally go read netflix comments on twitter

I found the Del/redneck bit to be the biggest stretch, regardless of prior establishment -- just a total dumbass move that someone as savvy as the hillbilly heroine should know to avoid, hot temper or not

definitely agree. I'm just saying, it was the only point listed where I heard him say the line the first time and actually saw where it was going. they could have easily created more conflict for marty in a more natural way

>snell and del don't want their money being mixed together
>marty has to choose which one gets the riverboat
>season 2 is about him trying to get another white whale, with the support of whoever gets the riverboat, while fending off whoever doesn't

ill take my shekels netflix

that's actually a nice tweak to storyline -- you're making good points -- idk, i couldn't even get through season 1 of BB, and I like so-called prestige tv -- sopranos, wire, twin peaks, leftovers -- and I thought this was somewhere between those shows and something like Justified

>dedicated faggot pandering scenes

not even close, faggot

you seem cool

Why didn't he just go to the FBI?

for sure. i'd probably put it right around where metacritic has it (high 6-7), but given how much hype netflix's originals get now, i think everyone is expecting "prestige" level shows, and so a 60 looks very unfavorable

also breaking bad is a slow burn, but if you like this you will literally cum in your pants by season 3

fbi's punishment would only affect him. cartel would destroy the lives of his entire family.
and we all know how much michael does to help his family

should probably give it another go

BB is better written, better shot, and better acted.

I binged it in a couple days it's gripping.
>long single shot scenes with intriguing dialogue
>constant drum tracks and music that appropriately reflect the mood of the story
>thought provoking monologs
>interesting supporting side characters
>teaches you how to money launder
There are plenty more reasons to like it I don't see why anyone dislikes it

Just finished this less than 10 minutes ago. That final scene teared me up. My only complaint is that we lose Del and keep Ash. Ash and his wife fucking suck. Otherwise, it was great

hard agree -- those characters are fucking Justified-tier -- everything from the costumes to the accents to the muh people motivation -- veers too far from what real 21c hillbillies are like -- too broad to be interesting

lol

too much faggot shit
i'm not a fucking faggot
fucking faggot board faggot show
fuck you

you seem cool

It's great, but it's not close to Breaking Bad. There's some shit that's bad like the Charlotte subplot or inconsistencies like Marty being buddy buddy with the rednecks.

This show has good potential though if the writers can pick up the slack and kill off Charlotte

The little brother is /ourguy/ though

can someone explain to me why why he shot the mexicans

It was pretty good but not at all better than BB. The character's motivations often made no sense and while Bateman's character might be closer to the original intent of BB since he actually seems like a decent guy as opposed to Walt who was really an ass from the start he's a lot less interesting to watch imo.

laura linney is a really underrated actress. i can't think of a single bad performance from her.

>laura linney is a really underrated actress

she is known as one of the best. What the fuck are you talking about, shes actually overrated

>start watching show
>wife is cheating and is a bitch from season 1 episode 1
dont want to endure another skyler with AJ and meadow 2.0 thanks

Only problem is main character is unlikeable and boring. Take Breaking Bad, where Walter White is such an incredibly likeable and relatable guy. Main Character of Ozark is a boring millionaire baby boomer that few could even relate to.

Walt literally never did anything morally wrong

t. faggot

the edgy kid actor/character is kinda alright which is suprising cause i hate ever kid in every film ever. the ayy lmao daughter was kinda annoying, and the mother was bearable

I kinda disagree. Marty knew he was laundering from the start and going to the Ozarks and doing it there wasn't a huge stretch. WW was a depressed old man with a mediocre family, (many of who would blatantly make fun of him) who wanted to be great. Marty is more Tony Montana and WW is more Michael Corleone. They're both similar either way though.

Also Walt started making meth to save his family, while Marty started laundering to just make his family's life more convenient.

>lose Del and keep Ash

That pissed me off. Don't know if we were supposed to dislike Del but I liked him. The hillbilly people are obnoxious and now there's no Del to balance them out.

didn't he put a hit out on a competitor?

Walt was a jerk from the start it was never about his family it was always about him wanting to be a big man. If it was about his family he would have accepted the money from his friends. He didn't because it was about his pride.

This is a large part of what made his character so good though.

This show is incredibly sexist and another reason we need to put pogressives in the congress in 2018, so we can normalizing rape culture IS NOT OK.

Anything else of her's worth watching?

The American's is great but she's a minor character in it

tfw no curly haired southern gf

he is p. much literally the same character
although, i watched it knowing that and expecting that and enjoyed it because that's the kind of character i like
heck yeah on laura linney

i liked it but there were some really confusing character motivations. i looked sideways at the screen a bunch of times

also they talked about crime, up to and including murder, on the phone all the time while they knew they were under investigation by the feds

baby boomers are like 65-70 now.....

this is too retarded to be a shitpost, either way here's your (((you))) faggot

tldr of the show?

give me a rundown

Thanks user I've been meaning to watch that for some time now.
I have no idea why I find her so fucking qt but I could watch anything with her

it was okay, definitely nowhere fucking near Breaking Bad. the family are genuinely fucking irritating in an un-entertaining way and the villain characters aside from Del Rio are very poorly written.

because you have shit taste

Absolutely flawless first scene up until the flashback episode. Fuck flashback episodes in literally any show. They're fucking unnecessary and always ruin the pace, we don't need them. Once the episode after started I got back into it, but the flashback bullshit definitely left its mark.

Enjoyed it more than Breaking Bad season 1/10, it's fucked up that so few people have been talking about it

>be extremely gifted at accounting
>run a successful firm with your best friend who isn't as smart but a better people person
>get coerced to help launder money for a huge Mexican drug cartel
>soon find yourself in over your head with people you didn't fully understand
>hilarity and good times ensue

Anyone born before the year 1981 is basically a baby boomer who had everything in life given to them

My only complaint with the show is that the dialogue sometimes doesn't feel natural. Characters rarely have a conversation that would sound in place in the real world.

The production values were much weaker and Jason isn't a good actor.

ruth is the only good thing about the show

oh okay, as long as IM not one of them

I first saw her in Electric Children. shitty movie but if she is your waifu then its essential viewing

Had gay characters in it. BrBa had none thus BrBa is better.

>Gus
>not gay

Main bad chick is a female with no motivation, doesn't move out of the trailer park when she takes over the strip club.

Faggot FBI agents break up and have faggot drama.

This show had something but the forced faggot shit was just bad.

Yeah, but that's not contrarian.

That is true, I haven't seen BB in a while.

what about the scene where he molested Walt Jr?

main "bad" chick was a girl with obvious daddy issues with a history of petty crime and now caught feelings for marty

oh great
we have another bitchy skyler here
another show to not watch on the list
wasted 45mins :/

Oh I took it more as she sees him as a father figure.

Charlotte is hot

So what do you guys think is going on for Season 2? Hopefully the building audience doesn't pressure the developers to pump it out too quickly, I'd gladly wait a year.

>Marty is going to have a meeting with the Snells and try to establish himself as on their side out of pure fear, maybe a very uncomfortable sequence where the Byrdes sit down with the Snells for supper.

Because I guess there is a stark difference between rednecks and hillbillies. The Snells are obsessed with the gratuitous upkeep of their family name and the observance on it's history and symbolic nature. Rednecks are low-land farmers and of a lower class, and Hillbillies are people of hills and mountains (I guess), and the Snells of older generations who were brought out of their original home due to some dam bursting (IIRC, probably wrong) set that precedent of 'we are hillbillies, this is who we are', and the Snells of modern times follow that code strictly. Pride in identity. Del Rey calling them "rednecks" pissed them off really bad.

Also because the Snells are completely insane.

There is a carefully calculated rationality in their heads when they do what they do that I've personally witnessed in friends who are alcoholics/addicts/otherwise mentally ill.

Op just finished watching the ultra hd rips yesterday, marathoned it, It was great it'd be an 8/10 maybe a bit lower or higher when I reflect on it later on down the line.and the casting seemed to be inspired and for once I don't think I had a problem with an actor that irritated me so much is spoiled the project.
I was absorbed and well into watching it and the little relationships in that weird place were cleverly done.
Breaking Bad may seem a bit lightweight in terms of the direction style (first season wise) but there is no way Ozark is better than BB mate.
My opinion, people seem to hate BB on Sup Forums didn't know there were so many plebs on here trying to be hipsters.
I understand that isn't your intent necessarily op so no worries either way.

it spoiled*
I should of structured this without so many 'ands'

Sorry about the messy format. I should pre-write long responses and paste them in 4chans reply box in future.

He sent an elderly neighbor into his home, just to check if she'd be murdered.

wished the mexican guy didn't die 2bh

Really slow-paced, meh and can be weird as fuck sometimes but still an honorable show.

Jason Bateman can fap at peace tonight, he did an average but still decent job.

why do people say gus is gay