Transformers General: oh shit, new episodes edition

>Canada may get the possible honor of broadcasting the 2nd half of Transformers: Robots In Disguise Season 2.
>Airing next Saturday, Season 2 Episode 14 and 15 details are revealed thanks to Teletoon.com.
>S02E14: “History Lessons” (Saturday 10th September – 1:30PM)
>S02E15: “Strongarm’s Big Score” (Saturday 17th September – 1:30PM)
>We are yet to hear the broadcast details for the United States.

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/848128/af64765691/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on the RiD animation?

Honestly dropped it because of that though I might redownload if I have binged everything in my hard drive.

Never even watched it but Strongarm looks like perfect waifu material and Fixit is adorable.

I don't have anything against the animation, but the only thing that bothers me is the Decepticons.

It's as if they too the idea with the original RiD and simply turned them into not!Predacons. Only difference that they turn from a robot/animal hybrids into vehicles and vice versa.

It's like they really ignored those Fall of Cybertron comics that were supposed to bridge the game and Prime.

Hell, the fact how they made Grimlock was a slap to the wrists. Instead of a nigh-unstoppable engine of destruction we get a goofball.

/tfg/, what should I draw Soundwave doing?

Remixing tracks.

>It's like they really ignored those Fall of Cybertron comics that were supposed to bridge the game and Prime.

Spoilers: They did. Everyone did. The whole "Aligned" idea was a train wreck from start to finish and a huge waste of everyone's time and money.

Apparently RID2015 Grimlock is a different guy from FOC Grimlock. Besides, goofball Grimlock isn't exactly without precedent.

This was written by bitter faggots who made the presentation to complain about how they weren't to blame for fucking up their own continuity.

That's nice, dear.

I'm glad this info came out, because it explains the multiple green/green-having Optimus toys that came out all at once during Beast Hunters.

>Rik Alvarez

kek, like anyone would believe this asshole

>Strongarm looks like perfect waifu material

Literally perfect.

>Prime fanboys still butthurt that their favourite show was a clusterfucking mess of a production

Lel. Go fap to Knockout.

Not that user but Knockout was the only thing that stood out in that show.
Such a best boy, it's a shame his character won't be given a major role ever again.

> it's a shame the opportunity to use him again was given to a writer with no talent

fixed

Rik's a liar and was barely involved in the process beyond writing the story bible. Among other things he claimed to have rewritten all three of the aligned continuity novels the night before publication, and this little shit-flinging presentation of his came right after the guy's shitty KO kickstarter failed horribly due to his own poor management skills.

Do a little research, scrub :^)

Truth.

tfp fans have basically become this generation's geewunners

Second half of Season 2 being Season 3 due to CN cutting up seasons right?

>this generation's geewunners
I thought that title belonged to BW fans?

I've seen far more faggoty entitled tfp fans than bw fans honestly

The show confuses me.

Like, okay. This is ostensibly supposed to be shortly after Prime which was about a war between two sides.

But in this setting it seems that any criminal is branded a Decepticon, including Grimlock who was apparently just clumsy. Also they throw legitimately crazy people like the Frog into the same category.

That raises a lot of weird moral questions, even if you ignore the political villainization that comes from the Prime sequel part of it. It makes the whole thing weird and uncomfortable.

BW fans are butthurt because they are getting buttfucked by Hasbro and every other faction of the fanbase for the last 20 years and they finally had enough of it and are going full sperg.

Prime fanbase is just constantly butthurt because ????????????????

BWfan detected

>still buying the Aligned meme

The people that fucked up the continuity were the Prime writers, though.

Why so much infighting? the transformers fanbase is dead enough as it is.

I want to marry her.

This.

Primefags are Fujoshits

Because the geewunn faggots couldn't accept Transformers as a franchise were every new series is a completely new universe and kept crying and whining and shitting on everyone so it created an atmosphere of constant rage and infiging and every time someone new comes in soon they learn to hate everything that's not the thing they first encountered.

Yeah no. I'm always for shitting on the geewun crowd but this isn't true.

The fanbase didn't become a flaming trashpile until 2006 when the first movie was on the horizon. Sure there were annoying geewunn fucktards but they were just a vocal retard or two.

When the hype for the movie started it brought in a LOT of people in the fanbase based on nostalgia alone. And then most of them found out that Transformers didn't die with G1 and that it continued and went WAAAH MUH CHILDHOOD BEST EVERYTHING ELSEE SUCKS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

And then the "new" fans who were only interested in the movies came in and started going "FUCKING GEEWUNN FAGGOTS GO DIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

and there was no peace in the fanbase ever again.

exhentai.org/g/848128/af64765691/

You're both idiotic ten-year-olds and you don't know anything about the fandom.

Are you going to explain the fandom then or are you going to be butthurt that nobody except 40year old manchildren care about the G1 cartoon anymore? :^)

Okay listen.

Grimlock's always been a fucking goofball except in the Marvel comics.

RiD Grimlock's goofy AND a badass. Come on now, he's one of the best characters in the show.

No, these guys were decepticons who were also criminals. One of the main characters was a petty autobot criminal who got deputized as an emergency, and Grimlock changes sides because he got arrested before the 'cons went full psycho.

That line of ribbing doesn't really work when G1 designs are getting the lion's share of toy design and engineering over the current show.

Wondered when the pompous know-it-all would show up.

Until the movie-universe come to life. Then it'll be movies only erry day all the time.

And yet they only account for 30% of the sales for Hasbro.

Nope. Both Age of Extinction and Dark of the Moon got underwhelming toy releases and only a few waves of product. Meanwhile G1 is still getting most of the love.

>Meanwhile G1 is still getting most of the love.
And those idiot designers can't even do a line without fucking up.

>Meanwhile G1 is still getting most of the love.
>love
>every figure is a cheap hollow mess
>every figure has a retarded gimmick
>most of the figures look noting like G1.

Yeah sure bro, totally.

You're correct, Hasbro makes most of their money off cheaper modern stuff. That doesn't change the fact G1-styled toys are still being produced decades after the show aired.

Regardless of your opinions of the toys it's undeniable that the line is quite fleshed out and numerous and keeps going through new iterations, while other lines tend to go dormant for long periods or fizzle out quite quickly.

Clearly there's still profit in G1, even if you want to pin it all on fat old manchildren.

> implying the fandom hasn't been full of fujoshits since the 80's

starscream says hi.

besides, the worse fujoshits are the idw-era tumblr ones.

>Clearly there's still profit in G1

If there's profit in G1 why doesn't hasbro invest more money in it to gain more profit instead of giving G1 shit like that Combiner Wars cartoon?

Hasbro doesn't care about G1. They are only milking the manchildren. Once all of them die out from fat induced heart attacks Hasbro will start milking whatever the next generation of manchildren decide they want to spend money on.

All I'm hearing is a bunch of anger at older material, user. It still sells and people still like it, maybe just get over it?

>maybe just get over it?
That would require building a bridge, and most don't know how.

>ignoring the autism around Beast Wars
>ignoring Raksha shitting on the BW VAs in person

How many Aoe Generations toys were made, again?

Funny how all the shit about Decepticons Raksha got laughed at back then is now official TF canon.

>Hasbro doesn't care about G1

Jesus Christ, the delusion.

I've spoken to the show's story editor at Phoenix Comic Con about this, he said the Autobots are not branding any criminals Decepticons, they just have separate prison ships and prisons for criminals who were also Decepticons because that would be a really easy way to cause internal-gang-wars. He pointed out Drift's minicons were criminals but were never branded anything.

Fun story he told: Season 1's finale bad guy was going to be maximum security prisoner Galvatron who is not Megatron, but Hasbro demanded for it to be Megatronus because the movies were going to use Galvatron as a guy that is Megatron, kid's could've been confused.

Funnier story: Strongarm's original name was going to be Rip and Sideswipe's Fastlane, but the request to change it from Hasbro came so late into recording proccess they had to have an entire session of people re-saying names in lines for multiple episodes. It was a fun day.

That's true, but Prime attracted them.

I wish that Strongarm, Sideswipe, and Grimlock had been new characters, although "Rip" is a shit name for Strongarm.

I'll believe that Hasbro cares about G1 when we see something actually G1 in mainstream fiction.

So no, a couple of toys a year and a comic don't count.

When there's a proper G1 style movie or a G1 style TV show I'll buy your "hasbro loves G1" talk. Until then all I see it throwing a bone so the manchildren don't suicide bomb the Hasbro HQ

The only insufferable faggots in the fandom are the ones in this thread shitting on everyone else's favorites.

All of them were going to be. Grimlock in particular was only manadated by Hasbro to be Grimlock so late in development that it's the reason the first two episodes never call him by name, they weren't sure what Hasbro was going to push for.

Aligned was shit because it was Hasbro trying to created a piece of fiction and every time a big corporate company tries to make a piece of fiction is sucks and falls appart.

I wish Hasbro would just stick to toys and let actual directors and animator create their fiction instead of sticking their dick into everything.

The movies are all based on the G1 cast redoing things from the G1 cartoon (3 being Ultimate Doom and 5 being Deception in King Arthur's court,) the comics are a continuation of G1, only G1 characters get toys and they're all G1 based on G1, the games were intended as prequels to the G1 cartoon, Devastation is an entire game of G1 pandering, the MP line has been all G1 pandering until this year (which has caused outright rage and calls for the line to flop.) There isn't one non-G1 character with a Generations toy on the shelves right now, and we're only getting a Tidal Wave next year as a pretool for Broadsides.

Yet all G1tards do is say it isn't enough. You don't see movies based on Prime, Beast Wars, or Armada, yet G1 gets 5 and they're still unhappy. You are literally angry RiD even exists when it barely gets any toys at all, and they have a quarter of the budget G1 gets.

Fucking kill yourself. G1 niggers should be gassed.

Huh, pretty interesting. And yeah, Rip's a shit name.

They didn't get involved in MTMTE and look how that turned out.

>the comics are a continuation of G1
No, they started out as a reimagining of G1, but ended up expanding to cover more of the franchise as they went on, because changing and growing is what healthy franchises have to do.

I'd take fagbots over Aligned any day of the week.

Pretty well, up until issue 40?

Aligned has been better than Fagbots since the continuity that causes all the problems doesn't effect the shows or games at all.

More like around 25

Aligned brought in all the fans who migrated to fagbots and made it insufferable.

Aligned literally destroyed the fanbase.

> it's the previous thing's fault that the current one is shit

if mtmte hadn't been pandering shit since the start, the worst part of them would have left.

Now the issue is bad writting as it is the fanbase.

Not that I disagree.

But was the fanbase ever worth saving? Like, honestly, look into the depth of your heart and tell me this was ever anything more than a mix of braindead 80s nostalgic nerds, robot-fucking landwhales and insipid internet memers yelling BASED DERRICK WYATT DID GURREN LAGANN REFERENCES BECAUSE POINTY GLASSES.

And so on. We were always fucking doomed.

>pandering shit since the start,

MTMTE started pandering after Dark Cybertron a.k.a when Roberts got on twitter found out who his fanbase is.

Nah, issue 2.

You're one of those autists crying about MUH TRANSFORMATIONS and MUH POINTY DESIGNS aren't you?

Been gone all summer and catching up on what I missed on MtMtE.

Fucking Glitch.

Yeah it got pretty horrible.

Can't you guys just complain about steven universe like a normal fandom?

I liked the Glitch reveal, it was set up nicely.

>insipid internet memers yelling BASED DERRICK WYATT DID GURREN LAGANN REFERENCES BECAUSE POINTY GLASSES
And then he actually did put in a legit Gurren Lagann reference and those same people failed to clamour over it.

Which is a shame, because Dirt Boss is great.

I only read the beginning of MTMTE long ago, is there still a reading list? I remember people used to love MTMTE, when does it get bad?

It wasn't set up at all. There was nothing pointing to it besides an incredibly minor text box thing.

>when does it get bad?

Depends on the person. I hated everything after 23, most people seem to hate everything after 40.

But yeah the period of 41-43 are the worst TF comic issues of all time. Like worse than Carwash fo Doom and Micromaster wrestling tier.

>I remember people used to love MTMTE, when does it get bad?
Contrarians will say it was bad from the start, autists who insist on things lining up neatly will say it was bad from Dark Cybertron onwards, reasonable people will say it was bad after issue 40, and people with even more shit taste will say it never got bad.
I thought the season 2 finale was okay though. Not great, but not garbage. I'm reasonably hopeful that it'll get better.

>BASED DERRICK WYATT

I feel bad for him. He seems supper bitter on twitter these days over everything.

We're never going to have a decent TF cartoon ever again are we?

Lots of people were guessing it was Glitch before we found out it was Glitch.

It would require the franchise to completely die first, try 2020-2023

>when does it get bad?
During Dark Cybertron, but that was hardly its own fault. It recovers once everything goes back to normal.
>But yeah the period of 41-43 are the worst TF comic issues of all time.
I loved those issues, they were great.
>Like worse than Carwash fo Doom
>>Disliking Car Wash of Doom
>and Micromaster wrestling tier.
How can you be listing of supposed Micromaster-related bad comics and not think of the Dreamwave Micromaster miniseries? Now THAT was terrible.

The empurata thing is way too subtle, and it leads to Tarn getting unmasked and not even looking like Glitch whose most notable feature was his face. It was a really poor decision.

It was a really good decision because it helped make the Roller red herring more likely.

Look, just admit you're still salty over getting it wrong and recover from your mistake. It's okay.

No, it's bad because Roller would at least have some relation to events. It would have been better had the more obvious choice been Tarn.

Not for the stuff she was talking about.

Rolling Stones, Let it Bleed, side b, song 4.

The real problem with Tarn is that it didn't matter if it was Roller or Glitch, none of the three got enough characterization to matter. Tarn and the DJD were criminally underused after their introduction, and Roller and Glitch barely appear.

It's the ultimate "oh, okay" reveal.

>Look, just admit you're still salty over getting it wrong and recover from your mistake.

Getting it wrong doesn't suddenly not make it shit writing. Roberts wanted to pull the rug under the people. He thinks that CURAAAAAZY TWISTS is what people want and expect from him. So surprise this complete non-entity of a character is actually Tarn and all the hints at it being Rolelr was just an elaborate red herring!

Roberts is schizophrenic in his writing like that. He wants his audience to read his comics multiple times, he wants them to study and analyze ever panel and every word and every implication but then he gets butthurt when it turns out that he isn't that good of a mystery writer and people bust out his twist (see the quantum engine arc). So now he's resorting to bullshit twists for the sake of a twist.

Honestly come to think of it the only thing at which he was good at was world building, and he's been neglecting that in favor of Dr Who wannabe monsters, sitcom references and overwritten unfunny "humor".