Post ski resorts from your country

Post ski resorts from your country.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2dWRkmxLt2A
youtube.com/watch?v=Ddy_CWVZ4sE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is the only ski area that's close to me.

JDIMSA.

there are tons of small ones now but i don't ski so i only know of sheregesh by name

I also grew up skiing here a lot, it's about 3 hours from my house. It has a vertical drop of 137 meters...

And I skied here a lot when I lived in Colorado, before I fucked off back to Illinois.

Snow monsters

You can ski in Scotland would you believe

And I'm going here in a few weeks. Nothing huge but it looks good by midwestern standards.

Hokkaido?

I've also done my fair share of backcountry/touring

I met a family from Scotland in Banff. They said the skiing there is shit, like tufts of grass popping up.

Yeah it's obviously much better in countries with bigger mountains but if there's a lot of snow it's perfectly fine, just not steep. Just rarer to have a big blizzard nowadays

>Post ski resorts from your country.
okay

I've heard the real thing to do in Scotland in the winter is climbing since the conditions are so unique that Scottish Winter Climbing is it's own discipline.

The cairn gorms can be really good for skiing if it's been snowing for weeks but anywhere else is bad

I feel like if I ever went to Switzerland I'd be more interested in touring than resort skiing. In fact doing the Patrouille des Galciers is a life goal of mine.

It looks empty.
No. It's Zao ski resort in Yamagata prefecture.

I've known other burgers who do ski trips down to Chile do get some summer skiing in.

>Patrouille des Galciers
You have my respect (in case really you know what you're signing up for; otherwise you're a fool). Prepare well and enjoy!

Thanks m8. It's a long way off before I'll be able to do it, my current aim is to do it in 2022.

Right now I live in Chicago as a broke college student and I'm pretty out of shape, so finding a team, training properly, and flying to Switzerland aren't really options. My plan is to move to Washington, Oregon, California, or Colorado in 2019 so I can get a couple of seasons of Ski Touring in before I enter the race.

Right now, I do have a bit of experience with ski touring and mountaineering (I'm ), plus I'm working on distance running (hoping to do a marathon in the spring of 2019) and overall strength training.

At least 3 aussies die every year in this mountain.

Not even kidding.
A whopping 50 vertical meters.

It's always filled with brazillians

Yeah that's where all our big """"mountains"""" are. It's probably okay for a little slide.

Yes the UK has a long tradition of climbing and rambling.

You guys produced a lot of the early legendary mountaineers too. Whymper, Tyndall, Mallory, etc.

Sounds good. Even though I consider myself to be a good skier I would never even think of doing that.
Also, I am old.
>pic somewhat related.

i live half an hour away but havent gone yet

Are you that guy who was originally from Portland but moved to AZ I talked to the other day? I've thought about living in Flag but idk if I'd like it.

Luckily I'm only 23, so I've got plenty of good years still ahead of me. I just got back from a 1 mile run so I'm slowly rebuilding my endurance (I used to run 25k+ regularly).

Where is that pic from? I don't know many of the resorts in Switzerland but I have relatives who go skiing there almost every year. I've heard it been said that the snow in North America is a lot better.

you could've posted the indoor one

>I am young
Fuck you. And don't waste your time.
>Pic
I took it in Engadin/St. Moritz two weeks ago.
>snow conditions
I hear the same about the snow. Can't confirm bc I only ever did skiing in the alps. But I believe it bc here it sometimes rains until very high up in winter. That makes the snow compact, icy, heavy.

>Fuck you. And don't waste your time.
It's defnitely a real feeling. I wasted a couple of years from 18-21. I won't be able to move to the mountains until I'm 24 or 25 and that might give me a decade or so of peak performance.

Still taking every opportunity to get into the best shape I can before I get out there.

>I wasted a couple of years from 18-21.
kek, who doesn't?

It was pretty bad desu.

Since I was 10 years old, one of my dreams has always been to leave the midwest (from Chicago, idk if I mentioned) and move to a place with mountains like the western US or the Alps.

I did really well in high school so I got some good scholarships, plus my family is well off enough to pay out of state tuition, so when I graduated I chose to go to Colorado State University.

It ended up being a total disaster and I was doing badly in school, didn't make any friends, and I never really got to the mountains much and got really out of shape.

I came back here to switch universities and finish my degree. I'm still mad at myself for blowing what I wanted as long as I could remember. Like I said, though, hopefully I'll be out of this stupid place in a couple of years. I know I'll have a much better head on my shoulders then.

Drugs? Girls? DragonballZ?
>Pic
View from Piz Corvatsch (btw the real Piz Palü is not far away)

>Drugs? Girls? DragonballZ?
Mostly the latter desu. I just kinda sat around in my dorm room alone and never really socialized much, couldn't bring myself to study, etc. I was sorta just a dumb autistic 18 year old away for the first time.

In the some semester where I did do well and stuff, the one friend I had went crazy and kinda tried to ruin my life which she sorta succeeded in. My parents urged me to see a therapist who managed to make things worse.

Looking back, the school itself was kinda just a shitty place full of shitty people. I'm at a university I like a lot better now even if I hate the part of the country I'm in, I'm still sorta depressed but I think it's more manageable.

How does that compare to skiing out west? It seems better than anything in the midwest but it's like 9 hours from me so at that point I might as well fly to Denver.

We do not have any ski resorts or mountains.

The world's most northern ski resort, Riksgränsen.

I've never been to any real mountains out west, but it's pretty comfy. Probably doesn't compare though.

You haven't lived without skiing in Scotland

Yes. Doing nothing is not good. Do something. Be someone. Make money and kids. Be social, thoughtful and subversive.
I am just a wage cuck, but things are good. At your age, I may have partied a bit much but I never failed to achieve my academic goals.
I guess I want to say that investments do pay off and life can be very good for an INTP... Keep the "I" under control.

I guess this
It's noting spectacular, just like 6-7km from top to bottom.

>youtube.com/watch?v=2dWRkmxLt2A

And then this, Chopok.

>youtube.com/watch?v=Ddy_CWVZ4sE

>High Tatra
>Mountains
Choose one.

>supposed to post pic
>forgot pic

Yes they are not your Alps and they are not very high. But they are.

Okay flatlander. Just saying.

Ahh the Eiger. I've been wanting to climb that thing even since I watched that Ueli Steck video. I'd probably do the west flank rather than the North Face though.

Yeah, and depression and social anxiety can really fuck shit up. This stuff runs in my family to some degree, like my mom has been on antidepressants for years, most of her brothers are/were alcoholics, my sister is on several different psychiatric drugs, my great grandmother tried to kill herself, etc.

I think in my case, though, I'm a little traumatized from growing up around people like that, being bullied a lot as a kid, my bad experience in Colorado, etc.

I'm kinda in deep shit right now but I do feel like this is something that's a lot more manageable than in the past. My mom and sister keep trying to convince me to take antidepressants but I really don't want to touch those things.

100km from me

>Recognizes the Eiger
>Wants to climb it
>Knows Ueli Steck
>Admirer of Ueli Steck
user, I don't know what to say but I think you deserve an honorary citizenship - if you don't fall off of a mountain in the meantime.

Here, have another view from Piz Corvatsch.

I've been a lowkey swissaboo since like 2011. For a while my dream job was being a particle physicist at CERN. Now I'm more interested in planetary science for a career, which will probably keep me in the states but I definitely have to visit Switzerland some time, perhaps when I make the trip for the PDG.

I even tried becoming fluent in German, I took 4 years of it in high school but I find the swiss dialect extremely difficult.

This all makes me want to get around to making älplermagronen for dinner.

And for the rest... Sorry to hear that.
I am sure you know what to do: Work hard, study hard, take risks (but calculate them and don't be a fucking retard).
Also, It's okay to fuck up now and then.
Ah, and yes: stay away from psycho-active pharmaceuticals, of course.

>Are you that guy who was originally from Portland but moved to AZ I talked to the other day?

That sounds like me actually. Was I saying how rainy and dreary Oregon is like 6 months straight of the year?

Yep, and I was talking about considering moving to the PNW and you warned me about those things. The PNW is still on my list but the dreary weather and distant people are probably the two biggest downsides I'm concerned of.

Yeah, well, I'm doing a lot of the things like you said and I've got a pretty solid action plan, so I think I've got this. I'm overall pretty optimistic for the future in spite of how things are for now.

but that's half italian

the eastern US is so depressing

That's actually Wisconsin. Definitely not the East, just the Midwest. The Northeast actually has some okay skiing like Killington.