Has Canada ever actually created anything culturally significant...

Has Canada ever actually created anything culturally significant? I can't think of any great work of art to ever come out of Canada.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_of_Seven_(artists)
youtube.com/watch?v=SIjGrtzW7gU
youtube.com/watch?v=X1X0Bejwnko
youtube.com/watch?v=AvJo6h8Ldx0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Milk bags

This show is literally the only valuable contribution Canada has ever made to art.

They use to make some good cartoons back before their government paid for anyone to make a cartoon.

This is a Canadian that truly understands his people. Quality post about a quality show.

The murderkube.

o canada cartoon

I think Leonard Cohen is the best thing we have and he basically just became an American

Avatar was the number 1 movie of all time that changed cinema forever.

Titanic was the number 1 movie of all time that changed cinema forever.

Aliens was the number 1 movie of all time that changed cinema forever.

Terminator and Terminator 2 were the number 1 movies of all time that changed cinema forever.

True Lies was the number 1 movie of all time that changed cinema forever.

>leafs
>contribution to something else than degeneracy

kek

Maple Syrup: The go-to condiment for any pancake breakfast. That's sort of culturally significant, isn't it?

If you were living a life as comfy as a Canadian's you wouldn't give a crap about foreign countries either.
>tfw not born Canadian

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_of_Seven_(artists)

Syrup

Trees

Wayne gretzski

Space arm retard

Literally only thing I'd miss if Canada disappeared into the warp tomorrow.

Avatar was cringy leftist propaganda and overshadows the awesomeness that is T1 and the Alien series.

Sorry.

Thanks for playing.

Oh, and look, the Earth is fucking round.

Blackberry
>First commercially used smart phone

>that flag
Just fuck off.

Sounds like OP was asking about artistic accomplishments rather than technical and scientific ones.

Don't forget Letterkenny.

Technical and scientific accomplishments matter, art does not

STEM>>>>preschool fridge picture>>>>>>>art

Art has done nothing for the advancement of man kind

>burningwhitehouse.jpg

X-files

this

im not going to say your wrong but i will say ive meet people like you & youre all overwhelmingly fucking boring

youre not even engaging in your fields of study. okay sure you dont want to talk about art. but youre not even capable of holding a decent conversation about mycoremediation to restore estuary health or inverter driven compressor technology in minisplits. youre a fucking boring human being & youve got the gall to talk down to others. fuck you bitch.

Insulin you dumb fucks. Half you assholes wouldn't be alive if it wasn't Tommy Douglas.

trailer park boys

Basketball and Hockey?

Ernest MacMillan's a really good Canadian composer.
youtube.com/watch?v=SIjGrtzW7gU

Also Canada's given us one of the most complex and jarring rock albums of all time.
youtube.com/watch?v=X1X0Bejwnko

my uncle in Canada told me that every radio station is required to play a percentage of Canadian Content, in order to obtain a radio license from the Canadian government you must put in a bid with the percentage of Canadian content you are willing to play. I dont get how the hell they would even have enough content that is Canadian given he told me percentages as high as 35-40%

Arcade Fire
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Neil Young
Leonard Cohen
Rush

That is, there have been some relevant artists, but nothing really revolutionary, well maybe apart from GYBE, which pretty much defined second wave post-rock.
I'd rate it about 4/10 on cultural relevancy index

lmao everybody inst there to entertain you, you must not have any friends

This is genuinely my favourite thing to come out of Canada (that I can think of off of the top of my head) and also one of my all time favourite TV shows.

I wish the current series wasn't such shit though.

These cartoons are so nostalgic for me. My mom would always get the VHS tapes of them out from the library.

Canada's claim to fame in music is mostly post-rock groups and experimental metal groups desu.

The Guess Who is probably better than all those listed, been years since Canada has produced anything notable

Only thing I remember about Canada is Caillou

Maple syrup... A little known fact, but the liquid gold is what backs their currency.

no youre right, my existence is a pitiable torture of selfish languish & a pining ache for the companionship ive never had.

you fucking moron, i never said entertain. i called you a bitchass inbred with no empathy or understanding for those around you.

Still surprised nobody posted the tragically hip

Also FiM

Canada is really great guys. Canada does alot of great things hes a really cool guy I'm so proud to be friends with him hes an amazing help i truly can't thank him enough thank you Canada for being so cool and contributing so much without you this family would just fall apart you're our bread and butter or maple syrup.

>mlp

Look at this beautiful piece of art

Literally what

jim carrey

Justin Bieber and Drake

REEEEEEEEE

DELETE THIS, BROTHER

It's trrruuuueeee

You said I would be boring, meaning not entertaining to you.

Holy fuck youre stupid, stick to your coloring books kid.

>50 posts of literally nothing

guess that confirms it

The concept of time zones

Basketball

Got one for you ladyboy

alright allow me to retract that statement and come at it differently. youre an empty, callous, meaningless renaissance of failed development, & i cant imagine you have the ability to keep the attention of anyone around for longer than they are socially obligated to perform penance. does that illustrate my view of your depraved fucking shitty view of the world more lucidly, fag?

We made the "IT'S 2015" meme.

maple syrup

Honestly your entire country is one big meme. How does someone like Trudeau even get elected?

Not really no. Lots of popular movie stars and comedians are Canadian but if they didn't move to America they never would have been able to make a worldwide impact.

>stop liking what I dont like.

You're projecting, unless someone approaches you with art in mind you'll be boring to them.

Open your mind, no one gives a fuck about art any more, grow up

Fug yea
youtube.com/watch?v=AvJo6h8Ldx0

Famous dad.

Ironically it's just making fun of Canadians.

We invented basketball to pacify niggers.

That city flag
Naming great rock bands
Omits the obvious one

The supreme sluttiness of québécois girls

Canada is one of the most culturally influental countries in the world, but because their efforts are combined with the US so often who have way more money to invest in big projects and there is more oppertunity for creative work, things overlap with the US a lot.

Highest grossing director of all time James Cameron was born and raised Canadian, countless films were filmed in Canada with Canadian film crews using Canadian scripts and Canadian actors and Canadian directors. Sausage Party was produced by a Canadian company and is a hit right now. TV shows like Trailer Park Boys saw international success, and tons of big TV series are shot in Vancouver/Toronto and use Canadian talent.

Beiber and Drake are both still hugely popular, both born and raised Canadian, although that's not my music.

Plenty of games like Bioshock, Far Cry 3, the FIFA series, Company of Heroes, Baldurs gate, Assassins Creed II, don't starve were made in Canada.

Probably the biggest single work of art produced exclusively in Canada is the story Anne of Green Gables which sold 50 million copies, more than the population of Canada, and has been translated into 20 languages.

Like Canada is one of the most culturally influental countries in the world relative to its population, it's just overshadowed by the US and US/Canada joint cooperation in the arts means their contributions can get overlooked. Canada having the MAJORITY of its trade to the US means that there isn't really a strong independant Canadian image, Canada is massively influenced by America much more than the other way around, but they're a hundredfold more significant to world culture than fucking Costa Rica.

I would say Canada doesn't have much of a scene in regards to literature, and our fine arts are nothing to write home about. Canadians aren't culturally significant is one of the more bizarrely delusional memes to come out of this site though.

Pretty much Obama
>comes in after long period conservative leadership
>promises change
>no substance
>MSM shills because left-wing feel-goods are the best gov't policies
>people think there will be change
>just a meme candidate, everything continues as normal

He will be re-elected too, just like Obama. Screenshot me.

Celine Deon?

i dont know shit about art. i have technical & practical knowledge of essentially the entire field of HVAC. i can, however, hold a conversation on any topic.

what would you like to talk about? what interests you?

Nothing, you're a dickhead.

Also in sports, Ice hockey was largely popularized by Canada and sees some popluarity now in Europe and the US. Curling was also spread by Canada, although that's never taken hold in a big way.

Canadians also invented a ton of shit that indirectly influenced culture, like Alexander Graham Bell was a Canadian born living in America.

What's it like living in a country that's culturally irrelevant rest of the world? Every time I see these threads every other countries goes "WE WUZ ARCHITECTS AND ARTISTS AND SHIT" and are proud of shit their ancestors did hundreds of years ago. Canadian history in the Arts is British/French history in the arts up until a few centuries ago, and since then Canada has been gaining in cultural influence while Britain/France have been waning.

I'm glad to live in Canada where we don't go "muh traditional culture" outside of the odd retarded native ceremony we have to all sit though. Must suck living in countries with no cultural influence over the world, how do you guys not feel irrelevant all the time?

prove it.

They export a lot of degenerate celebrities into our country.

uhh, which one?

Here's a (you) for effort

What's canadian about it?

Basically just xfiles that's literally it.

Most seasons were filmed in Vancouver

The best wrestlers and bigger draws are all canadian

Great Canadians distinguish themselves by becoming American.

If you're talented and ambitious, why would you stay in Canada? The rewards and opportunities are far greater just over the border, and it's pretty easy to go over.

I fucking hate CanUCKS with every fiber of my being but I will give Canada one compliment and one compliment only: they make fantastic indie movies. That is all.

Has Costa Rica?

you know its bad when trailer park boys is their biggest achievement

Bleh bleh bleh de hotline blee
Chmona me one thay
Eva since I lef da say yoooooooo!

Pic related.

Letterkenny is shIt dessu

It's just Canadian history is

Come from two of the most culturally influental countries in the world.

Spread that culture over the second biggest landmass in the world.

Defended that land largely using British Forces from the Dominent military force on the continent the Americans, whereas Mexico got absolutely shafted.

Despite living next to the biggest economy in the world and biggest cultural exporter in the world, we reduced taxes for the arts, we invested taxes in the arts, and we set rules like 30% of Canadian TV content must be Canadian to protect our culture.

Now although American influence over Canada was inevitable because of Trade, we managed to avoid just becoming another state. Now the cultural differance between going between the US and Canada is more than the differance between going between a US state to another US state. Our economy isn't as good, but we could have just become a backwater state that exported natural resources to other states. We took the hard road, which included building at the time the worlds biggest railroad to protect Canadian Identity.

Then Canada, using it's proximity to the biggest exporter of culture in the world to its advantage, managed to become one of the most culturally influental countries in the world by attracting American Talent to Canada, and exporting Canadian Talent to America.

Pretty much one of the only countries more influential than Canada per Capita is America, which is also memed about having no culture.

Honestly I think the Group of Seven and Emily Carr are literal whos even if they're famous within Canada.

I would argue that culinary arts count as culture

Didn't a Canadian invent basketball? That's a pretty big cultural thing in the US. Gave your nignogs something to do when all the cotton went to China.

Anybody have that Hotline Bling
"Ever since I left the city (You)"? Really want it

Insulin
The electron microscope

Yup. Also invented the snowmobile, we already went over how they popularized hockey.

Maple syrup has been around before Canada existed. Natives from new Jersey to the great Lakes used to make sugar with maple sap

Nickelback

Rush
The Band
The Guess Who
J Biebs

Canadian memes on South Park

That's about it.

This one painting

Those shitty igloos wouldn't keep them warm during the winter.

>one of the most culturally influential countries in the world

>sausage party

Pick one