youtube.com/user/lasagnacat
youtube.com/watch?v=YBtNWM4Y0EI
youtube.com/watch?v=nmKcHn_ha1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=DuSKERiejO0
youtube.com/watch?v=mhx9_NSPwgI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He's already cool.

Like this.

has anyone ever tried to add edge to Arbuckle. besides that copypasta?

A guy who can't get a successful date and lives along with his fat cat and retard dog while aware that his life is an empty shell is not cool, user.

garfieldminusgarfield.net

youtube.com/user/lasagnacat

He's got a girlfriend now. It's Garfield's veternarian.

we kill the Jon

You ask for the impossible

>financially successful
>in a relationship with a hot woman he loves
>owns a house
No one cares what your cat thinks of you.

Uncoolness is Jon's defining trait.

He's captured and brainwashed by the Chinese as a sleeper cell.

Like that movie Spies like Us?

>How can we make Jon Arbuckle cool?
post the webm

DEATH DEMANDS IT

I have mixed feelings about Jon having a long-term girlfriend now....but sometimes it's worth it for panels like this

>It begins

My apologies Ainz-sama, I could only find the youtube vid.

youtube.com/watch?v=YBtNWM4Y0EI

The entire point to his character is that he's not cool.

He should be a serial killer that cuts off the victims genitals and bakes them into lasagna.

>autism speaks

He's not?

Was Garfield ever worth reading? It's the Shrek of comics.

Garfondle, now you shall die

I assume Jon's stand is Cat Scratch Fever or Year of the Cat
How do you do that little L and gamma thing that're supposed to show up at the sides of those?

Where is Lyman Jon? Where is Lyman?

Buy him a motorcycle, a bomber jacket and put his cat in a shelter.

like this youtube.com/watch?v=nmKcHn_ha1Q

youtube.com/watch?v=DuSKERiejO0

Holy crap, this game. I used to play it with my little brother and the skeleton sitting on the recliner in one of the rooms always freaked us both out. Good times

When he and Liz first got together, I thought that Davis had gotten some kind of terminal illness or something happened that he wanted to end the strip on a happy note.

Having read the strip for so many years prior to it happening, it never even occurred to me that it might happen. It was like one of those unspoken rules that were never to be broken, like Charlie Brown never kicking the football.

Then I found out that Garfield has been ghostwritten by various others for a long time now, and Davis actually offers very minimal input on his creation anymore.

Jon needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine.
When Jon isn't in the room all if the other characters should be asking, "Where's Jon?"

hell yeah the scary scavenger hunts were the best

>Jon is more successful and cool than you will ever be

He's got a gf. How about you?

jon arbuckle is the epitome of 90s uncool office worker.

he'll never be cool.

And yet he's still cooler than the modern day NEET somehow.

you're not wrong

>jon arbuckle is the epitome of 90s uncool office worker.
Dilbert says Fuck You.

I've read hundreds of the Garfield comics over the years. Only like a few dozen got me to at least smile. Maybe about ten or so actually made me chuckle/laugh.

It's one of those things that you started liking as a kid because you didn't know any better.....then you stick with it for years simply because you're familiar with it and not necessarily because you enjoy it.

It's the same old gags: Garfield loves to eat and sleep. He's fat and lazy. He hates Mondays because bad things randomly happen to him on Mondays. He hits spiders with newspapers. He kicks Odie off the table. He says some sarcastic insult about Jon. Odie is stupid. Jon is a lame geek who can't dress, and has terrible luck with women (at least until Liz became a regular as his steady girlfriend). Liz having a more prominent 'straightwoman' role was a welcome change-up, but still a minor one.

There are rarely any actual clever jokes/snarky comments from Garfield (although the sight gags are okay, like whenever Jon freaks out over something and he's instantly almost bald), and none of the characters are particularly memorable; not even Jon. The art style is basic as hell. And on the rare occasion when they have an actual ongoing storyline, its never interesting...even Jon and Liz finally getting together wasn't memorable. The comic is basically just......there.

I'd rather have thousands of Garfields than 10 family circuses though. At least Garfield feels like there's some kind of attempt to be funny, even with the same jokes. Family Circus has no jokes, just statements. Not even important statements, just bland, every day statements that nobody thinks about because there's nothing to dig into.

CRAZY
NOISY
BI
ZARRE
TOOOOWWWWNNNN

Don't look in Jon's basement

Why is Garfield some kind of ironic meme now?

It's just another aged mundane comic book.

It's strange how Hank Hill's uncoolness wraps around to the point where he's somehow cool again and yet Jon fails to achieve that.

youtube.com/watch?v=mhx9_NSPwgI

it's already been done.

japanese quotation marks, because our traditional quotation marks would interfere with their typography

>your right hand doesn't count as a girlfriend Jonathan

It's Killer Queen, you can see Garfield's face on his tie at the last panel. The image itself is a reference to the villain Kira Yoshikage from part four.

Maybe you should ask him how you too can be just as cool as him.

so sexy

>Oh no, you're meeting all my standards

It is an aged mundane comic, but it's not just any mundane comic. Garfield was a huge part of culture in the 90's. He was fucking everywhere.

Cannot watch this without hearing the song.

>Family Circus has no jokes, just statements. Not even important statements, just bland, every day statements that nobody thinks about because there's nothing to dig into.

Family Circus and Dennis the Menace, in particular, started out—and won their fame—as very cynical strips, where the kids were brats and the humor was often almost shocking.
Then over time, the creators became some combination of grandparents, conservatives, and nostalgists, and suddenly the strips were all about how charming and wuvable innocent little kids are. Suddenly Dennis and the other kids were less menacing than just naïvely getting in halfhearted trouble.
The irony is that the strips aren't even popular in this form—they can't sell book collections for shit. They're sort of just coasting on the fact that the art isn't terrible. It's really embarrassing.

Heathcliff is a similar case, though the current team throws in bizarre Gary Larson stuff (i. e. Garbage Ape) in an effort to make up for the lack of bad behavior.

I laughed