Game of Thrones S7E04 The Spoils of War

Did anyone detect a hint of madness and paranoia from Daenerys when she berated Tyrion?
Do you think the writers of the show would be brave enough to give Dany a descent into madness arc?
By the same token do you think Tyrion's character would have a change of heart and leave Dany's service?

We're already halfway through the second last season so feels unlikely any character would still have any drastic changes ahead of them.
How do you think they will deal with the dragons? Will they kill them off before the end confrontation against the white walkers? Because as it stands, the dragons seem way overpowered and the white walkers don't look like they stand a chance against fire-breathing dragons, even with the army of the dead on their side. On the other hand, everyone is expecting the finale to have a face off between dragons and the white walkers, so it's unlikely they will all die or be killed before the end. And they're so integral to Dany's character, without the dragons she is nothing.

Anyways for this episode I enjoyed the Stark children reunion more than the actual final battle. I just wish Bran wasn't such a sperg. I also wish they would have scenes where the children each talk about the adventures they had and what happened to them since they last met. It feels unrealistic they wouldn't even ask each other about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3xaspBsfgRg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you're just realizing this now you're slow as fuck. It's a fake out and she will redeeem herself in the end, it's going to be awful. Just stop watching now.

it can go one of two ways

danerys survives and rules some part of the country and lives happily ever after

dies cause hurr this is game of thrones

my money is on the latter

Will they REALLY kill off Daeny though?
Also I'm wondering if they will even take the route of Jon being a Targ rather just reveal it so he was not in fact a bastard. The reason I doubt the R+L=J theory for the show is because there hasn't been a proper set up for it so far. No one who has sufficient proof is around. Meera Reed has been dismissed and it doesn't seem like she knows anything anyways. Bran seems a little kooky to everyone so even with him vouching for Jon it doesn't seem like it would mean much. But most importantly, what significance would revealing him to be a Targ have on the story at this point? Being a Targ doesn't really change his situation at all. He has already won the people of the north over as King in the North, and that's with them thinking he's a bastard. So it's not a matter of birthright. And we know Targs aren't special anyway.

Jon should leave that stupid rock after he gets the stone since danny is gone with her shitskin horde.

>dies cause hurr this is game of thrones

But it isn't. This part isn't even written.

If you haven't noticed we veered off course last season by a country mile and the story this season is just pants on head retarded. This is Generic Fantasy Tale by D&D.

It will end stupidly and predictably with no BEEG TWEEST just like all characters suddenly dropped 50 IQ points and even the schemers are suddenly unable to plot the opening of a jar.

>But most importantly, what significance would revealing him to be a Targ have on the story at this point?

None, but they'll reveal it anyway just like they foreshadowed with the dragon and the bar audience will clap and cheer and never know why. It's a bad Scooby Doo mystery.

This was a good episode, but I didn't understand why Littlefinger acted like that when Bran said something about a ladder.

Also, did Tyrion save Jaime at the end?

At this point who's the least terrible human being in the show?

It was Bronn you retard

Bronn didn't save Jaime it was that guy from Pirates of the Caribbean.

The Arch Maester or Hot Pie the rest are cunts

My nigga podrick

Dragons die
White walkers revive dragons
White walker dragons
Everyone acts like they never saw it coming

>did Tyrion save Jaime at the end?

jfc, the average showfag everyone

be a toss up between pod and hotpie

I wanted that episode to end with Bronn and the dragon (Drogon?) killing each other, and then Tyrion referring to his old dead friend as Bronn the Dragonslayer.
I was a little disappointed that nobody important died. Obviously Danaerys and Jaime can't because they have parts to play in the witch's prophecy but why not kill off Bronn?

Or like the random Dothraki dude that got impaled by the ballista. Why couldn't that be a named character? Why couldn't we get a Dothraki character over the last four episodes who we got to know and like a little, and have him die there? Hell, Daario could've been brought over and killed at that point. There wasn't any weight to any of the deaths.
Fuck, even Dickon survived.

>The reason I doubt the R+L=J theory for the show is because there hasn't been a proper set up for it so far.

Bran vision at the tower of joy + his message to Jon.

>I didn't understand why Littlefinger acted like that when Bran said something about a ladder.

Shittiest memory ever. Go back to season 3 and figure it out.

>blah blah blah when she berated Tyrion?

No, you must be a woman/effeminate
She bossed the fuck up, Tyrion was lucky he got to keep his title. Usually when someone screws up that bad they're banished, never to be seen or heard from again. The only thing that's left are stories and rumors that linger for years
And this is the modern military, just imagine what it's like in their world

>imagining Tyrion running through the battle field with his little legs to save Jamie

my SJW coworkers actually believe this is a possible path for Daenerys. it's starting to seem like D&D are interested in showing how basically anyone can go mad in their pursuit for power. there's speculation that Bran will actually be the final villain of the series next season due to him having implanted part of himself in the Night King in a future warg that could happen

>Fuck, even Dickon survived.

The Tarlies were either killed off-screen or will die next episode.

That moment little finger realises House stark is as strong at it has ever been.

dany and jon dies
their son survives

spin off called
Game of Thrones: Summer

screencap this

Is this the comfiest comedy franchise of all time?

>this whole post

on the off chance that you're serious, why the fuck are you watching the show?

I feel like Dickon will get an on-screen death after the screentime they threw at him in this episode.
You're right, though, it might even open with Jaime forced to watch him being executed by the Dothraki or something.

Was it definitely Bronn who saved Jaime at the end or could that have been Dickon?

Any kind of logic or structure is decaying into "but wouldn't it be cool if---?" territory.

Dany somehow takes her army PAST Kings Landing (defending by some saddie Gold cloaks) to attack the Lannister caravan that she somehow knew about, instead of just broiling out the Red Keep and rolling in with minimal bloodshed.

Are there any links or streams?

>a hint of madness and paranoia from Daenerys
>implying the writers bother with hints now

>Lannister caravan that she somehow knew about
it's not strange to get reports of troop movements

>Dany somehow takes her army PAST Kings Landing
yea, that's pretty stupid
armies have just been marching wherever they want to in Westoros for the last 2 seasons

>instead of just broiling out the Red Keep and rolling in with minimal bloodshed.
Well Jon outright told her that was a bad idea. Which is another thing that confused me about this episode. Jon told her that using her dragons would do nothing but alienate the people of Westeros against her, but then all of a sudden she does so anyways. Unless Jon specifically meant roasting the innocent civilians that resided inside the Red Keep, and that soldiers are fair game.

She will descend into madness, but Jon will be able to stop he from falling. Then they will fuck.

Yes Tyrion saved Jaime by growing into a taller man and teleporting over to him at the precise moment. Anyone who disagrees is fucking retarded

There is no room for a sequel. All the armies are dead and exhausted. Whoever wins will rule Westeros.

it was Bronn, as the last time he was seen was climbing on a whores.

Also how come we've seen nothing of The Hound and the Brotherhood without Banners this season?

only targs can be dragon riders you bunch of retards

>The reason I doubt the R+L=J theory for the show is because there hasn't been a proper set up for it so far.
Wrong retard.
youtube.com/watch?v=3xaspBsfgRg

Teleportation is a recurring phenomena this season. It could be Tyrion, don't count out the possibility

>did Tyrion save Jaime at the end?
I laughed audibly

>did Tyrion save Jimmie

They had that scene an episode or two ago with the dead bodies getting buried and the hound looking into the fire and seeing something.

is there really only 8 seasons? seems like a lot to squeeze in.

What's the point of riding a dragon though? The dragons seem to be able to do fine on their own.

>without the dragons she is nothing.
Democracy. She has the People. She'll get the most votes and everybody will rally behind her.

PR stunt

She won't. Jon warned her as much on the beach what would happened if she started burning Westeros with dragonfire. Dragons in Westeros are a icon of tyranny.

He warned her about burning a city in a seige battle. So she met them in a open field, no innocents got hurt.

1.) This shit isn't a democracy
2.) She has absolutely no diplomatic skills whatsoever and the only people "loyal" to her are eunuchs, half-men and barbarians. To the people of Westeros she will come off as the Mad Queen

You have to realize her character is only like 15-16 in the books which explains her stupidity/paranoia/indecisiveness in essos.
The show copies this but doesn't tell you her age so she just comes of as a bitch/crazy

Jon warned her about using her dragons against a largely civilian populace, not against a hostile army.

No, she has HER people. She doesn't have Westeros with her, and the only reason why anyone sees her as a threat is because of her lizards. Like the other user said, without her dragons she isn't a power.

Night King kills Viserion and make him his bitch.

I've read the spoilers.

This will obviously happen, but I also think Jon will get to ride Rhaegon after learning he is the dragonborn to fight the white walker dragon.

Don't the leaks say he pets one? They'll probably just go from there and have him ride one next season

She attacked a military target because Jon literally said don't burn cities and civilians.She got to have her vengeance and strike a blow without messing with the populace.

However, Tyrion and Jamie both see her as a fucking terror now and after next episode when she burns a bunch of people, she's going to be someone ruling by fear, not someone who was 'chosen' or respected

I'm sure he does considering they would know he is a Targaryen.

Never read spoilers but Jon's identity continues to be a very important part of the story even though it has not had any impact on the plot yet. I'm gessing that him being next in line for the crown and being a dragon rider and being a Stark warg is going to come together at once near the end so he can save the world.

Tyrion has seen her win battles that way before, he knows what to expect he just doesn't want to see Jamie killed.

Jamie is finally starting to understand that she isn't just a dumb blonde whore with a slave army, she is a powerful foe that they can't beat.

>Everyone acts like they never saw it coming
everytime

If Jon is a Targ why isn't his hair white?
Even Rhaegar and Ellia's kids had white hair and they were also half and half

It's insanely obvious but did he just change the rules of hair color and houses for his "reveal"?

Such a reddit post.

The Stark line is strong.

>Because as it stands, the dragons seem way overpowered and the white walkers don't look like they stand a chance against fire-breathing dragons, even with the army of the dead on their side.

You underestimate the Night King. He's a 10k year old ice demon fighting in his own element. He's proven to be an extremely powerful sorcerer.

I was going to say this, but all of the other Stark kids aside from Arya have prominent Tully features, so Stark genes can't be terribly stronk.

Lads, why did anyone think Brienne was tough when her strikes are so weak that a literal child a third of her size can block her blows one-handed with a rapier?

Tully > Stark > Targ genes

You stupid or summat?

So Tully BTFO everyone

Where the FUCK are the leaks?

The one (1) time a Tully got arranged marriage with a Targ they got cucked so who really got BTFO??

Lmao people triggered by this post
> umm no sweetie she fucking won by 3 million votes
> REEEE INVESTIGATE HARDHOME VOTER FRAUD, MANY SUCH CASES

you lol

But there have been non-targ dragon riders in the past, especially during the dance of dragons. Valyrian blood helps, but it's not a necessity.

it'll be a really underwhelming end for Littlefinger if he is killed in Winterfell for trying to fuck over Sansa

did the writers lose interest in him or something?

The writers lost source material to base him off of so now they're too retarded to write him well.

I came in this thread to talk about this too. Doesn't matter how strong Brienne is, just the weight of swinging that big ass sword would have chopped that tiny little stick in half or at least easily disarmed Arya. She was blocking as if she were parrying another rapier or something

Can someone buy the writers a fucking map of westeros?

This, CIA is too complicated for Dabid to know what to do with

I thought the battle took place closer to King's Landing. Didn't Jaime mention that the gold had made it there already but the remaining army was being held up by the straggling carts full of grain?

Jaime, a military commander of several seasons, raised no concerns about letting the adversary with 3 confirmed live dragons and a fleet of ships from setting up shop right on Dragonstone (their fucking front lawn).

I don't think the map is taken into consideration anymore.

One of the dragons dies and gets taken over by the white walker king

the last season will end with everyone dying mark my words

God I hope you're right

Well the last time a little bitch from Dragonstone attacked King's Landing the Lannisters won so they're not sweating that shit anymore.

>Even Rhaegar and Ellia's kids had white hair
only one of them.

how did it get so bad? they just fucking hand waive everything now. Remember characters traveling places? Now everyone just fucking teleports without mention. This hand waiving applies to more than just travel/map shit of course

>there are people who genuinely think the writers will allow anything bad to happen to a feminist leader, her council of castrated males and exotic women, and her army of brown men.

It's 2017 folks, there will a few set backs but she will end on the throne in good health.

There are historical targs with normal hair, the most notable of them being Baelor Breakspear and Duncan the Small.

God I fucking hope so.

Euron Greyjoy.

Name one thing he did wrong.

i look forwards to bronn claiming kingslanding as his castle as the white walkers overrun westeros

he left theon and yara alive, even though he killed his brother.

Wow you’ve summed up my feelings entirely. However. The action does give me goose bumps, honestly makes me clap sometimes. Call me a casual or whatever but for most of us, the CGI will win out.

Man you're fucking stupid, he'll kill himself when he breathes fire

was letting them go really that bad of a mistake? doesnt seem like it effected him at all considering he pulled a whole nother fleet from his ass and easily wrecked their shit.

Wasn’t most of the story written in like 1990?

Show has deviated from the books already.

dany couldn't find the means to come back if greyjoys come bagging to her. then he would use his fleet to bring her and crush the lannisters with ease.

>Blond white woman commands an army of dickless, brown former slave warriors.

>She also commands an army of pseudo Arabs on horseback

>Frizy hair Afro bitch telling people words don't have gender and her people have no marriage

>Literally brown and Arab invaders taking over native white lands

>Added bonus for the cucks is that castration is a major recurring theme and women love that idea

>Laughable strong women warriors like Araya and Brienne

>All of the major players are women

>Literally had a season where the slogan was "all men must die"

His could any male with even an ounce of dignity watch this show and not feel completely ashamed of themselves?

This show is the ultimate liberal feminist empowerment fantasy. It's so heavy handed it's embarrassing

If you're a man and you defend this shit you should be ashamed of yourself. You're pathetic and weak and there's nothing good about you.

And if you like this shit stop denying the truth. Own up to it. You love a hard left liberal feminist empowerment fantasy. And you do so because you're weak and pathetic.