ITT: unpopular opinions about comic related stuff

ITT: unpopular opinions about comic related stuff

>killing joke was fucking trash

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I'm a special contrarian, give me attention: the thread

This is the only (You) you'll get from me.

>boohoo, your opinion is extreme, it must be for attention only
Is this a bait to get attention for yourself, even on an anonymous website?
I disliked Killing Joke for a reason. The art was bad and the story was just overly dramatic and edgy, lacking in actual depth and tries to be artistic when it's really not.

Lucy van Pelt is autistic

Morrison's work on Batman is terrible and barely understandable... He's gotten worse and worse with age

But Doom Patrol was his low point.

This issue is COMPLETE SHIT.

@86015403
>The art was bad
>I read the deluxe edition

> and the story was just overly dramatic and edgy
>muh soggy knees

Most comics Sup Forums creams over is meh at best. This include current and oldies.
Ms Marvel, All Star Superman, Vision. They are okay but i dont see why they get such praise.

>Brian Bolland art is bad
I can't really fathom all the stupidity that lies in one single person

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

All Star Superman and DKR are overrated

Watchmen is pretentious drivel. Not even all of Moore's work, just Watchmen.

>pretentious
meme word

I don't like the work or art of Frank Miller

Are you you left leaning?

Geek culture oriented comics (capeshit/sci-fi/fantasy from big publishers) are dying and it's a good thing. Comics aimed toward mature readers are in a golden age. Geeks have been holding this fine storytelling medium hostage far too long.

Isn't everyone who isn't a complete retard?

Not op but art is slightly subjective. If he thinks it's not appealing that's his opinion

You'd have to be a complete retard to dislike Frank Miller's work, so no.

I mean, wouldn't say it's trash, but it's not as good as the internet worships it to be.

Kinda, I agree with some points from both sides but politics aside Im just not a fan of Millers take on chararcters, I keep trying to find what everyone gushes over and i even have the complete DK runs and am pulling the current, but it's just bot doing it for me.

I'm not sure if I'm meant to like Death of the Family. I like about 40% of it, 40% I see what they're trying to do and 20% bullshit. The art is great though. Endgame was utter wank though.

Year One is way better than DKR, so read that.

>he doesn't like Batman: Year One
I don't even like Batman user, and even I can admit it's pretty fucking great

"House style" is one of the hardest things to actually draw. All the line work and hatching and detailing has to be so precise its nerve wracking and takes true dedication and talent. Its easy to write it off as generic, but its one of the hardest things to pull off. There's not as much hiding with stylization techniques. Ivan Reis is a power house.

Contrary to the idea of comics being for mediocre artists, I'd say even some of the crappiest comic artists of the big two are more versatile and dedicated than ones in other commercial art fields. Concept artists trying to work on a comic deadline would wither and die. The amount of work that goes into a panel that will be out of a readers mind in less than a minute is depressing. Not to mention, a lot of artists in other fields will spend chunks of their careers just doing one thing. backgrounds,character designs, props, etc. comic artists will have to do all of this in a much shorter time span. Its severely under appreciated.

Year one was alright, I just dislike more of his work than I enjoy. I liked Hush, long halloween, the man who laughs, arkham asylum, detective, dark victory and batman and robin eternal.

>"House style" is one of the hardest things to actually draw.

... Jesus fucking Christ. So it looks like bland garbage and it's hard to draw? Maybe they should stop doing it then! You fucking loser.

Because people will attach more value to art that seems like it took more work than that which looks simpler. This is why Jim Lee still sells to this day. Someone copying a photo of Marilyn Monroe in pencil will get more attention from normies than abstract stuff.

>The art was bad
easy there, pleb

Did I trigger you or something?

Considering the events that happened over the span of Teen Titans, the lyrics "never met a villain that they liked" aren't really appropriate.

Ponies should be allowed on Sup Forums.

Steven Universe should get the Pony treatment.

t. Assblasted horsefucker

That's not an unpopular opinion here, OP. Even Alan Moore thinks The Killing Joke was trash.

I'm reading outsiders (2003) right now and I'm really liking the team dynamic, I dread when batman joins becuase I'm enjoying it now as it is.

More like just a general vent, but it's anti batman ao I guess it could belong here

Sup Forums consists a lot of newfags who are used to mega storylines spanning 12 to 24 issues and take Alan Moore's statement out of context, so it's not an unpopular opinion. It wasn't GOAT or anything, but it was a well crafted issue, like a lot of issues Moore did here and there for DC.

The Dark Knight Returns is just as bad as The Dark Knight Strikes Again.

Rebirth hasn't been all that good, especially things like Aquaman and Batman that Sup Forums just fucking loses their minds over despite being just mediocre.

how is that unpopular?

the dark knight strikes again rules

i love how weirdly optimistic it is. the old guard and the new generation working side by side to make the world right again

I hate Batman RIP with a passion

>The art was bad
Casual.

It's still a cartoon though

ponies and steven universe and homosuck and whatever else comics and cartoons people get butthurt about still belong on the comics and cartoons board.

I don't watch either show but one them clearly is not as big as it used to be.

it isn't since tumblr moved in.

Morrison's X-Men is worse than the Lobdell and Nicieza runs combined.

He's right though. It's been 6 years, Sup Forums. Get over it.

I'm stolidly leftist and like quite a number of Miller's pre-meltdown comics.

>I liked Hush, long halloween, the man who laughs, arkham asylum, detective, dark victory and batman and robin eternal.
You have awful taste.

michael emerson was the best joker

I liked the Age of Ultron comic.

Smash my sins, father.

>Man realised the truths of the world after 9/11
>blind leftist cucks call it a "meltdown"

You know you're harming yourselves most of all.

>yfw you will have to stay on your dying containment board FOREVER

He can think it's unappealing but it's objectively wrong to say it's not well drawn.

I never got the hype or enjoyment out of Dickbats. The only reason it was good was because Morrison was writing it. Prodigal was garbage until Zero Hour kinda sorta retconned out of existence.

Yup, Bolland is a master craftsman who can draw in many different styles. I'm not personally that into capeshit comics and "realistic" art style but I do appreciate Bolland a lot and I really dig his own underground comix (where he draws in a complete different style).

Is it really unpopular opinion if it's opinion of its creator?

Dave Sim, is that you?

Dunno about trash, but it's really really basic. I read it for the first time in spring this year, and the little dwarves stripping Gordon nude was the only thing I found surprising. The art quality was enjoyable, but the words "babby's first edgy capetale" dripped from each page.

If the comic had ended, or gone in a different direction, from the point when Batman realises Joker escaped the asylum, I'd call TKJ good.

First opinion I disagree with in this thread. Reading Sin City was even better than the movie.

I hate Rick and Morty
Rick is a self insert for every 13 year old on r/atheism and Morty is the bland estate character I've ever seen.
Beyond some pretty good animation, I cannot begin to understand the appeal of the show

>Art is bad
You have to be 18 to post here.

*blandest

I am 22 and I go to art school, so kys you're self kid :^)

>art school
my condolences

Jim Lee's art is fucking hideous.

>killing joke was fucking trash
That's not unpopular though.

>The art was bad
There you go, though that leans more towards objectively wrong.

>I go to art school

It is. So's Marc Silvestri's.

I don't hate the actual Inhumans' books, well I've only read Inhuman and Uncanny Inhumans.

I do dislike that they're being shilled so hard and I think it's a disservice to them, but Medusa is hot so ok.

r8 my drawing

The Dark Knight Returns and Year One are overrated as fuck and ok at best.

This
Though the art may be pretty shit, the story is good.

>Lol, good luck with art school, why don't you get a real degree huh?
>How did comics and cartoons get flooded with mediocre artists and SJW morons?
You're part of the problem

I keep having hope Beast stops being an asshole without being written out because him being a constant hypocrite almost feels like an unnatural flanderization in order to make everyone else look good compared to him.

It's like the writers at Marvel fucked up his characterization when he was a cat and they were afraid of having him redeem himself. I sometimes feel forced to hate Beast because he has so much hate from fans that it's almost impossible to discuss what could make him better besides him dying or being written out.

I like Beast.
He's a moralfag that's extremely good at rationalization.

Humberto Ramos' art is fucking trash

Isn't there a McDonald's order you should be taking?

Jean Grey is an awful character and I wish every incarnation of her was dead.

Killing Joke is overhyped and doesnt shed as much light on the joker as people hype it up to be

Its essentially a story about how he got pale skin

It's time for capeshit to die out, it's beyond boring and the good creators would be much better off creatively doing their own stuff.

That's a popular a fuck one. Here's one that actually is unpopular; it's kinetic as fuck and way more dynamic than any standard realistic style.

Also, spider-man being drawn realistically fucking sucks, he's a character that thrives in heavily stylized variations.

Also, fuck being ultra-dedicated to anatomy. Not saying that it should be completely irrelevant, but good cartooning will warp anatomy plenty. As long as it isn't grotesque or poorly stylized, I don't care if an artist takes liberties. Manga artists do amazing fight scenes by completely ignoring that. Imagine trying to get Oda to do accurate anatomy.

I thought Man of Steel was an OK film and far from the worst thing superhero films have done.
The worst was Pumaman, who flies like a moron.

I agree, mostly. I enjoy Ramos's art, but sometimes his faces get on my nerves.

I also think that any style given enough attention, can look great.
Take Mark Brooks. He's got more than a touch of realism in his models and it looks fantastic, better, I'd argue, than Ramos on his best day, but I also like stuff like Joe Mad's potentially more, but it needs to be "in tone".

I think Grant Morrison is less interesting than his source material.

No, I'm busy trying to fix an industry that you bastards bitch about on the reg, while doing fuck all to change anything about it.

>I'm busy trying to fix an industry
One hamburger at a time.

Pretty much this. Plus the plots are literally nothing new. Oh great, the ten-thousandth iteration of the fantastic voyage. Light a candle.

This so much.

Also
>All Star Superman is ok, but not as good as people say it is.
>TDKR is a great movie.
>Jeff Bennet is among the best Jokers.

I liked season 1 a lot, but your description perfectly matches season 2.

Not all heroes wear capes. Sometimes they wear hairnets and polyester polo shirts too.