Has there been a meaningful superhero comic

since this?

Trouble

Flex Mentallo

rth4rthtyh

Watchmen is the ultimate deconstruction of the superhero genre...no book has come close to replicating that besides maybe The Dark Knight Returns,

this is not a pretentious statement, just fact

it's not a deconstuction, just a realistic take

Deconstruction is pointing out all the various practical and logical flaws in a particular story element. When it comes to media like Superhero stuff which is usually very far removed from reality playing it realistically almost always results in deconstructing it, whether that was the intention to begin with or not.

I'd argue that if something isn't trying to intentionally evaluate or point weaknesses then it's not a deconstruction.
Marshal Law, now that's a superhero genre deconstruction.

Squadron Supreme

Can someone please explain to me the meaning of Watchmen?

A response to the CCA and it's effect on the industry

>meaningful
>capes
If there has then, it is my firm opinion that they are doing it wrong. Watchemn isn't meaningful either. It reminds me of any given Avengers story where Pym goes nuts.

Flex Mentallo
All-Star Superman
Planetary

It is pessimistic not realistic. There's a difference. He had to give Nixon extra terms in office to spin victory in SE asia as bad for the US.

Kingdom Come and it's fuck the extreme 90's deal

Define "Meaningful".

Pic related is the only actually meaningful comic comes to mind. Watchmen is just capes with dirt.

Truth. I have issues with the way some comic geeks abuse the word "realistic", automatically equating it with violence, pessimism and cynicism, as though that's all it takes. Watchmen isn't any more "realistic" than Tiny Titans, it's just weird and over the top in a different way.

as to the OP''s question, well, that's gets into really subjective territory, but I find certain levels of meaning and value in Jame's Robinson's Starman. That's a smart, heartfelt, interesting book.

Saga

Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?
IDK what do you mean by meaningful?
You mean big impact on comics that even majority people know about it?
Something universally loved.

A good portion of posters here are likely experiencing a trend of downward mobility as a side efect of moving out on their own for the first time. Pessimism likely seems like realism to them. It's understandable.