You can only post here if your grandfather faught in WWII

You can only post here if your grandfather faught in WWII

Other urls found in this thread:

scrapbookpages.com/DachauScrapbook/DachauLiberation/aftermath03.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Atterbury
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_prisoner_of_war_massacre
youtube.com/watch?v=OXUomKkjK7w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My grandfather is in pic related. He saw action in the Ardennes and helped free the Flossenburg concentration camp. I have a bunch of stuff he brought back from the war (a 10m long swastika banner, a soviet flag, a Luger, a Wehrmacht helmet, a British commando dagger).

I actually had relatives on both sides of WWII.

So pretty much every European's grandfather

Reporting here
My grandfather brought out the only successful campaign of Fascist Italy, the conquest of Albania

my grandfather was born in october 1939 so i don't think so
and i know literally nothing about my great grandfather

hey

Are you all 40 or what? I'm 25 and mine was a baby back then.

The soviet flag.

2 of my great grandfathers were in the red army and one was involved in Gorilla warfare

What was the price?

You can reply to this post if both of your grandfathers did

Great grandfather was a lead NCO in the US army in France a few weeks after D-Day

Other one didn't fight because he only had 9 fingers

The swastika

I'm 23. My grandfather who fought was born in 1923 or 22 and my mom was born in 1960.

Reporting in

My grandad killed finns

Same lol

No idea, it was probably some trade me made with a red army soldier at the end of the war.

He also kinda fucked up once and got a whole unit of the Red Army sick. This was around Elbe Day, when US and Soviet forces were finally meeting in Germany and they were exchanging gifts and making friends and stuff. He was off on the side chewing tobacco and they said "hey why don't you share some of that" so he did and they asked what to do with it. His Russian wasn't great so he accidentally said "eating tobacco." They all ended up swallowing it and getting sick.

The one who didn't fight was training to fight. He was in flight school in the Navy and probably would have fought in the Invasion of Japan.

I also had a Great Great uncle in the SS.

I can post

Mine great-grand did.
What a coincidence.

Are georgians really that inbreed

Paternal granddad served in occupied France for a short time, went back home due to being employed in some important industry though.
Maternal grandpa was too young.
My grandma's brothers fought in Ukraine, one of them also in Poland, Yugoslavia and Greece.

I can reply

A mongoloid calling me an inbred

grandfather went to india, germany and belgium
great-grandfather was in north africa

Maybe our grandfathers faught side by side

>mongoloids
>inbred
? mongols fucked half the world m8

A true mongoloid starting to cry when putting facts to tabble

My great great uncle is probably somewhere in this pic.

Mine got maimed a little by a shrapnel, so he spent half of the war doing the transporting.

>tfw the grandfather on my mothers side was a dirty sw*doid

Mine was a commanding officer

takes courage to admit something like that

so either he was some pleb who got promoted like a week ago, was shot or you're bullshitting.

My grandfather helped liberate the Wöbbelin concentration camp. He'd still break down crying about it until the very end of his life.

He commanded his own battalion and got a bunch of medals

did the prisoners wobble?

>Concentration camp
>real

Your grandaddy was a fucking liar and a coward

Two of my grandfather's brothers were in the SS and corrections officers of several concentration camps.
They literally did nothing wrong.

Kek.

He said they couldn't even feed most of the survivors because they were so weak that they couldn't even digest food. You could only tell who was living and who was dead based on eye twitches.

He said they forced all the townspeople nearby to march around the mass grave as a "look at what you did/allowed to happen."

3 of my great grandfathers were Belarusians and one was Russian
The Russian one had a ton of brothers but he was the only one to die. My mom's grandfather (Belorussian) also had brothers but he was the only one to survive

My great grandfather's brother was in the SS and a guard at a camp, he personally took part in multiple executions and was hanged by a US tribunal after the war.

His brothers, US citizens who immigrated from Germany, including my great grandfather, wrote to Truman asking his life to be spared.

Based Truman did it anyway and the guy got exactly what he deserved. I wouldn't have hesitated to shoot him myself.

my grand-grandfathers fought in wwii. there i cheated and posted anyway

tfw one of your grandfathers was a legionnaire and the other one was in the communist party

Eastern front, division azul reporting in

>wwii
nintendo numales

The guy was a fucking badass. He was the only one in his unit to survive the Bulge and personally took out more than a few panzers with an RPG.

My grandfathers were born soon after the war, but all my grandgrandparents fought.

my grandfather was born 1936 circa and his father died in 1939, he disappeared and probably tortured to death

Mine lived in the fucking Yukon and the government couldn't be bothered to waste coal bringing the 5 young men in his town from there all the way to the Atlantic via a train. :DDD

He moved out and knocked up 6 women over the course of 5 years so I have family all over the country now. Based Chad grandpa.

My grandfather shot a bunch of russian POWs because they had to retreat during the 1944 soviet offensive and he wasn't going to let any of the fuckers come back to shoot at him. never got caught and only confessed it on his death bed. only regretted shooting one kid who was barely 18 and crying like a little bitch.

My grangrandmother lost all her sisters and brothers and parents in Leningrand when nazists blocked it. How she managed to survive I dunno, she was only 15.

My grandfather has medals for kicking the Germans from here up to Vienna.

>He said they forced all the townspeople nearby to march around the mass grave as a "look at what you did/allowed to happen."
t. the guys who stopped supply convoys and shieeet

They were arguably more responsible than the townsfolk. But war is hell.

>RPG
>1944

I bet he had a raging erection ordering all those old men and women around.

>According to Peter Wyden, in his book "The Hitler Virus," a few of the Dachau notables, who were forced to view the corpses, fainted. Some cried and many shook their heads. Most of them turned away, eager to avoid the scene. Afterwards, they were heard to whisper, "Unglaublich!" (Unbelievable.) The Dachauers could not understand how the prisoners could have starved to death since the townspeople had regularly sent food packages to the camp.

scrapbookpages.com/DachauScrapbook/DachauLiberation/aftermath03.html

Here's your (you)

my grandfather (from my mother) was stationed in calais, my grandma still has some old pictures from him in calais. later he was part in the afrika korps, got arrested by the americans and was send to the usa as prisoner of war.
i don't have much infos about my grandfather from my fathers side, from what my mom told me he was in denmark or so.

so the nazis rather fed their soldiers than their enemies?

>great grandfather is a Nazi in france
>gets injured by a ton of shrapnel in an explosion after being attacked by a tank
>gets captured
>years later
>his daughter brings him with her to America
>she gets married to an American
>finds out its the son of the guy who blew up the building he was in back in france after sharing war stories

You can reply to this post if he wasn't a grunt.

>bomb trains and trucks going to camp
>bomb railways and roads leading to camp
>do this for months
>surprised everyone is starving when you "liberate" it

Okay, I'm fucking stupid, I looked at the notes from when I interviewed him in 8th grade, it was whatever grenade launcher they had back then, not an RPG.

The allied leadership definitely fucked up in not bombing the rail lines to Auschwitz. I know my grandfather, personally, though, was in it for the right reasons.

My grandfather had a similar story. This was when they were going through Germany, he had to clear a building and was about to toss a grenade in but decided to ask whoever was in there to leave with their hands up. Turned out it was just some 15 year old kid in the Hitler Youth.

He cried about the war a LOT in the last year or two of his life.

>great grandfather was in Red Army
>fought in Germany
>looted a clock and brought it home
>sent it here a few years ago
Some German family Is missing their heirloom lmao

Mine got a bronze star for service in the Ardennes.

I don't have it with me know, but my grangrandpa brought a big white cup with swastika from the war and it was a kind of thing that was transferred from father to older son

>send to the usa as prisoner of war.
lucky bastard desu

we probably treated prisoners better than any other participant

There was only like 1 mass-killing, and that was done by some autistic Italian that hated Germans. He was also court-martialed for his actions.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Atterbury
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_prisoner_of_war_massacre

Do you absolute idiots not know how to read?
That article states that the civilians living in the city right next to the camp would continuously send food packages to the prisoners in the camp.
Yet that food never seemed to get to a single prisoner.

Understandable. In the face of the decline of one's own culture and civilization, who would want to say that it would have been possible otherwise? That there was an uprising against nihilism, that people saw a sense of purpose for which they had to live and fight and which could only be defeated by the unification of the forces of all other nations.
But it was a Pyrrhic victory. The value of money is put above the value of the people. Capitalism will destroy itself. Once this has happened, there will be men among the ruins waiting to spread a new sense of purpose.
Let's hope your grandfather is allowed to experience this.

some poles that used to be rich are missing a ton of jewelry and some paintings right now
in todays money its worth like $20,000

Grandfather fought through winter and continuation war.

No but I think maybe they sent a meatball or two to Finland

My great grandfather was garrisoned in a republican navy base somewhere sometime during the spanish civil war, captured and held as a prisoner of war for the rest of it.
One of my other great grandfathers was ordered to dig a mass grave for the local arrestees but as a portuguese inmigrant he went to the embassy to avoid being involved and had to wear a patch on his garments like a jew star with a portuguese flag on it to avoud further encounters.
The man who dug the mass grave wad picked from a neighbour and then shot when they executed by firing squad everyone else.
Does this count?

before or after?

i dont think mine did

but ill post anyway

Disagreed completely.

Liberalism, capitalism, and globalism are the best things that have ever happened. Right now we live in an era of unparalleled prosperity and peace.

The Allied victory in WWII was really the most important thing in creating the liberal international order of today.

It's been clearly demonstrated time and time again that the spread of liberal democratic free market societies and participation in global trade has brought development and prosperity faster than anything else.

>allies bombing roads
>strafing basically every civilian vehicle they see for the last 6 months of the war
>firebombing cities and farmland
>germans putting sawdust in their bread to make it more filling
>the army killing horses for food
>millions starving
>they still give food to Jews and commies in prison

Makes perfect sense. Go list more (((Wikipedia))) articles will (You)?

my great grandfather did
he managed to kill some germs but got captured and practically went insane after the war
poor man, at least he got a few medals and a letter from the king

My great grandfather "fought" Kaiser Wilhelm II in first world war and my grandfather hid Jews from the Nazi's

My grandgrandmom witnessed shooting of german POWs. Officer on the scene was a bit lazy to look for transport in to a camp. So he just ordered them line up against the wall. She too cried when telling this.

you look upset

youtube.com/watch?v=OXUomKkjK7w he did nothing wrong

clearly after

get the fuck out of here with your free market gospel, you unholy priest of west

no no no, you misunderstand, the little russian boy cried when he realised his life would end while staring down the barrel of a loaded luger somewhere in the karelian isthmus. grandaddy never shed a single tear for the invaders, just regretted having to put down someone who hadn't even started his life through no fault of his own.

family thought on the eastern front against those dirty commie apes.

where my /wehrmachtdescendants/ at?

you never know, some people are just born owlfaced

>tfw you also gave opa and oma a pstd attack one christmas after reminding them about a traumatic event they witnessed during the war

It's true, though.

Indirect SS descendant here. Also a direct Western Allied descendant.

One grandfather was conscripted into the Soviet Army in Kharkiv Ukraine, when the Nazi's were in retreat from Russia. He was sent to fight the Nazi's in Poland and helped to 'free' Poland (using quotation marks as it's a complicated issue and 'freeing' depends on your view). After the war he kept in contact with some of the Polish soldiers until his death, by writing letters and such. Ironically, he was too young to fight when the Nazi's took Kharkiv, but once they were in retreat he was allowed to fight.

My other grandfather was too young to fight, he was 7 years old when the war ended. A retreating German soldier gave him his German shepherd dog, but it was later shot dead by a commissar, when he found out the dog was from the German military.

>My other grandfather was too young to fight, he was 7 years old when the war ended. A retreating German soldier gave him his German shepherd dog, but it was later shot dead by a commissar, when he found out the dog was from the German military.
This wasn't in Ukraine, though.

>but it was later shot dead by a commissar, when he found out the dog was from the German military
Based.

>the little karelian boy cried when he realised his life

Obvious fix, my little Nazi

because they dont change the definition of poverty, lmao
someone living with less than 1$ in 1940 and one in 2018 is uncomparable

Yes he served in picrelated and died in Stalingrad