Western world

This is the map of "western" civilization(marked in blue).

What do you associate with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_world
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Western_civilization
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Weakness

>PNG
Okay good to know this is a meme map

White people

also why is png included but not orthodox europe?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_world

Samuel P. Huntington

Completely agree except for Papua New Guinea
Orthodox europe is the East, they are their own thing

Why the fuck do countries in the middle of the ocean exist

>What do you associate with it?
WARS

USA is not part of Western / European civilization. USA is just a non-nation created for merely economic reasons by freemasons with the human scum no one wanted in Europe, Asia and more recently Latin America, plus some African slaves who are currently the dominant culture among new generations of Americans. Based Dixieland not included.

Was about to disagree until
>Based Dixieland not included

Nothing. It is a joke. I share nothing more or less in common with anyone outside of Europa. A canadian is no more pleasing to my sight than an assyrian. All are equal beneath the gaze of Europa.

Fornication

>Samuel P. Huntington
Like I said, a meme map

But the non-western world has a lot of wars as well, Africa is all about tribal wars for thousands of years.

Christianity. That's it.

>Samuel P. Huntington
And you can back up that statement with?

Can you tell me why neither France or Spain's former colonies aren't first-world like glorious Australia, New Zealand and Canada?

>Balkans excluded
>Baltics included
>v4 included (Czechia makes some sense)
>West Papua excluded

Might as well add Russia in this with all of Northeastern Europe in it

Oh yes, rationalizing the views of uneducated Americans now counts as scholarship

>Based Dixieland
So Cleetus is your ideal of Aristotle's heir?

let's ask those african countries you used to have.

>voting rights
>technology
>capitalism
>high HDI
>good education
>liberal
>global leaders
>peace

My brothers.

How is this man not educated?

>Why neither aren't
t Classicist scholar

I didn't write he wasn't educated, I stated clearly he rationalizes uneducated views, in this instance Western = what the ordinary American perceives as white

How do i become a western citizen?

Show up to Sweden on a raft

>So Cleetus is your ideal of Aristotle's heir?

Cleetus is the image that the mass media of USA wants to give you of the Dixies.

>Doesn't include Russians, Greeks, Bulgarians, etc
>just what Americans consider white
Dude hes clearly defining it as Western Christian Europeans and their descendants that didn't mix with Natives

And what's the reality? They're a society of noble educated gentlemen in the mold of fucking Colonel Sanders?

People that have a favorite ABBA song.

What's yours? Mine is Another Town, Another Train

the only abba song i remember is dancing queen

better than your society jose

Turning culture into a racial preserve?

See? 3rd world.

Here we go with the whataboutism

I think it's more of a western = latin culture and Europe or strong ties with Europe.

Latinamirca is Western world, this map is racist

Latin America is more western than anything east of Germany, you deluded Adidas wearing pole

It impacts culture too though. Mexican culture has a lot of native impact on it, for instance cuisine.
American cuisine has some influence from Natives but it is still primarily from German and english settlers

We are more western than americans
How can a nation with literally no culture beconsidered part of a civilization?

fuck off

Interesting. Could you explain?

I have never said that the Dixies are the perfect untermench of whom Nietzsche spoke. Some are aristocrats, others are rednecks, but they have their own unique culture

LATIN AMERICA IS PART OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION
WE ARE CULTURALLY WESTERN
LATIN AMERICAN WRITERS, ARTISTS AND PHILOSOPHERS ARE CONSIDERED PART OF WESTERN TRADITION
100 YEARS OF SOLITUDE IS PART OF WESTERN LITERATURE, COLONIAL SPANISH ARCHITECTURE IS WESTERN ARCHITECTURE

WE ARE NOT PART OF THE WESTERN WORLD, BUT WE ARE PART OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION

WESTERN WORLD = FIRST/DEVELOPED WORLD
WESTERN CIVILIZATION = EUROPEAN RELIGION, CULTURE AND TRADITIONS
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Western_civilization

THEY ARE NOT MUTUALLY EXCHANGEABLE TERMS

Bad people

Argentina is european. Peru is meztiso.

A good chunk of people in the western hemisphere are descended from Western Europeans. Even the vast majority of dindus and indians have adopted western traditions

But are Peruvian traditions and culture European? I have no knowledge on this subject so please do clarify.

Once again, Colombia user please explain.

Is this a ruse?

Wrong.

Fair enough, you do at least seem to grasp the concept of civilization.

Mexico is the child of two different civilizations and certainly you could argue something "different" even if it fully participates in Western institutions (eg the fine arts) but what about the descendants of Africans and Amerindians in South America that have only Western civilization as a source? You could hardly argue has any more African influence than the USA. What about Argentina? They're non whites with hardly anything you could call Native American influence.

So a average Colombian is much more rooted in the western world than a average Pole, Czech or Estonian? The culture, tradition, history has more ties with the latin civilization?

*You could hardly argue Brazil has any more African influence than the USA

For me it is clear that the descendants of the Criollos of any Latin American country are part of the European or Western culture. But Andinos, Quechuas, Afrocaribeños or Mestizos? I don't think so.

>Greece isn’t blue

Probably. Your culture is strongly influenced by Slav and Russian traditions as well. That is unheard of over here

Yes and? western is not a racial term, its a cultural one

"Western culture, sometimes equated with Western civilization, Occidental culture, the Western world, Western society, European civilization, or Christian civilization[2], is a term used very broadly to refer to a heritage of social norms, ethical values, traditional customs, belief systems, political systems and specific artifacts and technologies that have some origin or association with Europe. The term also applies beyond Europe, to countries and cultures whose histories are strongly connected to Europe by immigration, colonization, or influence. For example, Western Culture includes countries in the Americas and Australasia, whose language and demographic ethnicity majorities are European"

Is culture genetic then? Is Idris Elba not a Westerner or a European to you in terms of culture?

No one is going to say anything about the coast of Philippines being western?

But wester slavic culture is a part of latin culture and has been for over a thousand years. How strong a Colombian ties with western world?

They speak a Latin-like language

Stop it faggots, we're easterners, Asians, mongoloids.

*are

Absolutely embarrassing. KYS cuck.

Should that be one of the criteria? I mean there are a lot of languages that don't resemble latin a lot like Norwegian.

What part of a Quechua, a Salvatrucha Mara, or a Black Colombian enculador de burritos is European or Western? Then Haitians and Jamaicans are Westerns too.

I have watched Drogowka
you can't meme me into believing you are first-world, Jacek.

When it comes to driving we are 4th world.

no one says we're first world when it comes to economy or honesty, but our culture just belongs to the west, we're catholics

>How strong a Colombian ties with western world?
Language, Religion, Race, Food influences. Also, our main economic partners are USA, Canada and the EU. But I'm not talking just for my country as the aforementioned is almost the same for all countries in the Americas. Of course, this is more evident in some countries than in others

>Race

they are not western and no one considers them that, but you are also implying that these are somehow representative of the central aspects of Latin American culture, which are not.

We are not Western. We are American

>a Black Colombian enculador de burritos
Blacks are 10% of our population. By your logic The usa is less western than us, considering they're 14% black

>We are not Western. We are American

This.

Prosperity

The rest is a shithole.

all latin american countries with some notable exceptions are more european than otherwise

So part of the EU is less western than someone who trades with it, same for a mix of colonials and local amerindians - according to you they're morer western than ethnic Europeans.

That's a very interesting point of view, a bit selfish and far fetched, but interesting.

>By your logic The usa is less western than us

This... I do not believe myself possessor of the supreme truth, the concept of Western is debatable (the proof is that we are debating its meaning), but in my opinion if a country is not part of the Western civilization that is the United States, actually they are largely responsible for the destruction of Western culture.

You are implying that all of Europe is western. As I previously said, I consider the west border to be in Germany and anything east of it (balkans, russia and eastern Europe) not being part of the west. Yes, I believe European descended North and South Americans to be more western than non western Europeans

I consider both eastern europeans and latin americans as western, but as for the cultural definitions of western civilization you have to admit that aside from Poland and Czechia most countries follow orthodoxy, are philosophically esoteric rather than eclectic and have collectivist traits which are absent or different from western individualism and rationalism

In the Netherlands we like to think in cold war borders.

Which is easy for us considering we just had decennia of anti-east european propaganda. And to this day only poor people and criminal gangs from the east enter our country. And the Russian threat is still there.

I see.

So this group of men is more western than a average Czech living in Plzen or Pole living in Poznań.

You do relize that those countries were part of the latin civilization 900 years or more before your country even existed?

>Poland
>Latin

And the ideological differences between east and west europe ensure our media has no reason to say a positive word about the east.

GRANDSONS
OF
THE
ROMAN EMPIRE

You seem to be very uneducated my friend.

I could post France's National team and argue the same thing. Truth is, poor people, which tend to have higher degrees of black/indian ancestry overrepresent every single latin American country in sports, and for some reason, in the military too

aksjkajsjsakjskajsj

IGNORE THIS BALD COLOMBIAN
DON'T GIVE HIM ANY (YOU)S
HE IS OBSESSED WITH HIS COUNTRY'S """"WHITENESS"""

You didn't answer this part:
>more western than a average Czech living in Plzen or Pole living in Poznań.

>You do relize that those countries were part of the latin civilization 900 years or more before your country even existed?

"Western" is confusing and inaccurate. It may include Jamaicans, Amerindians and African-Americans, but excludes Eastern Europeans just for political reasons. I prefer to talk about European civilization.

You seem to ignore the actual meaning of the word Latin.

Could anyone post that polish intellectuals image?

The OBSESSED kid strikes again. Thanks for the 5 (you)s

>European civilization.
Mediterranean*

I always ment it as latin as opposed to cyrillic script.

Precisely the European civilization (Roman law and Christianity) originated in the Mediterranean area.

More like cucks of Europe.

>another thread ruined by butthurt Cr*ollos at not being included in the West
Like clockwork

Western faggots sucks ass so serves them right

Civilization didnt exist until The Netherlands was founded and thus the middle ages ended.