Visiting Italy

>visiting Italy
>Milan station
>they fucking literally use text-to-speech google's feature to announce train schedules in English

Jesus Christ....
so much for ''1st world''.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T5jouMftJdY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Unbelievable.

Italy is a meme. Italians are proud for being has-beens, they never amount to anything.

>My Romans!
>My Renaissance!
>My Pasta!
>My Italian Opera!

It’s a country that celebrates former glory
and prides itself for it

>visiting burger land
>go take a shit
>no bidet
>they actually wipe their ass with no water
"1st world"

thanks BLACK brotha

Yea why not pay someone to say a million lines of stuff in english, even if a text to speech program can do it better
No need in being jealous, I know that it feels bad being known only because you flag looks like toothpaste and that you can do drugs legally, but at least you have no culture and history so you might be just the first person to be added on your country's history books ;')

>>My Romans!

I wonder if they truly believe this.

>, even if a text to speech program can do it better

It can't.

>million lines

Not a million lines, stop being disingenuous, and the cost is fairly inexpensive compared to what your politicians spend in whores and cocaine, Luigi.

also, just adding to this

Even fucking PORTUGAL has English speakers announcing destinations/schedules. You really have no excuse for this.

Stay mad Luigi, no point in denying Italians are overrated lazy cunts

Who cares? If it works and it's cheaper, it's fine. If you had trouble understanding it then you probably have hearing issues or you can't understand spoken english.

t. aquafresh drug addict butthurt of another country's superior status

Italians please respond, am I allowed to make polenta with milk?

>Netherlands
>No Culture

Rembrandt, Van Gogh please...

Difference is, we don’t prance around commercializing them to get people interested in the Netherlands unlike the Italians who already start crying when someone doesn’t make pasta like their mommy does and are just pure arrogance in general, just look at AS Roma and Lazio and you’ll know how much of a cunt they are

Yea, thought he original recipe is without milk as it was originally eaten by poor northern farmers.

>Enter public toilet in Italy
>it's a fucking hole in the ground

I bet they used designated shitting streets not longer than 30 years ago.

wow two people, damn...Of course you don't "prance around commercializing them", as you have so little compared to us that it's literally non existent.
So you will never know what it is like to have a real culture, which started developing 4000 years ago, and being proud of it.
I know, sounds strange, like to me it's strange for you to get so butturt about something that doesn't influence you in any way shape or form...
As for the pasta thing, it's like if you make... ah yea the netherlands has no food, so can't really help you there.

It's not about how "understandable" it is, it's how fucking pathetic it is.

Having a machine-like voice blasting some robotic lines is truly mood breaking and uncomfortable.

it's called a turca and I encountered it while I was in Poland too, Piotr. You should know that as you probably cleaned thousands of toilets.

Actually, Roman culture got so widespread we are all taking from it. Our gods, such as Świętowid got replaced by Jesus due to filthy Teutonic Knights and Germans in general.

You know what is really pathetic? Having your country's homicide rate higher then african countries. I'd rather have a text to speech english voice, lol.

Sure as shit and right as rain there are Italians that can speak fluently, and a couple hundred, even thousands, of lines does not make for a very challenging nor expensive endeavor.

You can even outsource it you pasta nigger, just pay someone else.

>stop liekin Italy they overrated - look at me insdet :'(

I have never ever encountered such a thing in Poland. It's encountered only in Ukraine and Italy. You are a liar.

Ah then I guess you are just a car thief and not a toilet cleaner, my bad.

Dutch user is right.

I named two as an example since your Italian pea brain might actually recognize them. Our country ranks higher, our cities rank higher quality-wise. Our universities are superior. We have great food. No tourist traps. We’re smarter and we actually know English. Stay mad dago

;') don't think you are any superior then us. you filthy baboon.

Go win a war.

Oh wait, you can't.

neither poland

Your country is really struggling that hard to find anyone who can translate between English and Italian, and pay them a few hundred Euros to do that?

????
no one ever said this???
lmfao that inferiority complex dude, holy shit.

>b-b-ut muh homicide rates!

Sure, but even we, the filthy south-American primates don't have the gall to just do something so half-assed, even by our standards.
And trust me, that's Paraguay, Ciudad del Este tier of halfassery, at least they have an excuse.

Don't sit on your own tail, fucking wheat chaffer.

Bricks in glass houses mate. People only visit your country to get monged out on weed lmao

Poland

>facing Nazi Germany and USSR at the same time while being left to rot by its allies

Italy

>losing to a bunch of nigs and begging Hitler for help

kek

Lmao, even our fucking metro trains don't use Google translator.

Not him, but a text to speech device it's better in every way. It's used for information in Italian as well: it has no accent, can be amplified as much as you want, the computer can just read automatically any phrase. I don't understand all the commotion

Yet you'll never be as popular and beloved as me just because of what passport I own, you're literally a second-hand German who provides other Europeans prostitutes and weed, given I'm not actually talking to a Nafri, which wouldn't surprise me the least

All the things you listed are temporary, and most made by stealing resources from africa.
oh and
>our cities rank higher quality wise
easy when you have like 3 total cities
>Our universities are superior
false, they might be better in some courses but that is the same for italian ones
>We have great food
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
>No tourist traps
yea drugging your customers and making them buy all sort of shit is certainly not a trap!
>We’re smarter
false
>we actually know English
yea you need to learn english because A. you are cucks dominated by the english 2. your langues is ugly as shit

Being this delusional

t. charges at tanks with horses
btw we won both world wars kek, unlike you who lost all
ahahah, literally third world, why don;t you deal with your won countries issues instead of acting like a monkey online

go defecate somewhere else pajeet, you literally have nothing to do here

Still not him, but English is easier to learn for German languages speakers. I have no doubt it is better taught in the Netherlands, but still it's easier. You could try learning a Latin language like French or Spanish and you would instantly notice the change in vocabulary and grammar structure

Because you stabbed your allies in the back, while being totally useless for both sides on the conflict. Seriously, you would have done more good to your allies if they used you as their target dummies.

Sure, those points make sense, however, it does make the whole thing feel underwhelming, lazy, stingy and very impersonal.
That's not something you want to be carried over to other countries, a little more effort and investment can go a long way in regards to image.

And why don't you go fix your fucking blatant laziness while you're still shitposting?
Worse than even baianos I swear.

user why are you so mad

>we won both world wars

WE WUZ ROMANS N SHIEET

>You could try learning a Latin language like French or Spanish and you would instantly notice the change in vocabulary and grammar structure

How dumb can you be my dude
French is the source from which much of the English language's vocabulary is derived from.

southeners in general despise education

they prefer taking breaks after a break

> stabbed your allies in the back
They attacked without warning Italy, and the alliance was a defensive, not offensive one. So they had every right to attack austria and get back italian territories
>being totally useless for both sides on the conflict
We literally defeated and crumbled the Austrian empire.
Try again piotr! You can do it!

That's an understatement.

I don't know, I don't really see your point. Maybe it's a cultural thing?
I just see it as the most efficient choice. After all, you don't have to interact with the speaker. Having a human to do it is kinda pointless.
If you need to interact with human personnel all the attendants on board are trained to talk in English and a couple other European languages afaik, and they are usually very nice

One thing is vocabulary, another is actually trying to form sentences. Almost everything in Italian is from Latin, but I still can't speak Latin

>a brazilian calling someone else lazy
lel
we did pedro
t. 41%
mohammed living in germany doesn't mean you know eveyrthing about europe

>when you flooding country is so boring that you legalize drugs just so someone visits

come on lad
we suck at english too but at least we try

Don't you need some kind of card now, can't just go there as a foreigner anymore

So, according to you, brazilian user = lazy monkey.
American = 41%, German = Mohammed.
But WE WUZ ROMANS AND SHIEEET?

I see, then the whole context was not established prior to and the consensus reached was misleading at best.
Tell me more about it then, paint me a picture, would you kindly?
How many attendants are on board, etc.

I can call out your bullshit due to knowing how lazy and corrupted a country can be.
Don't set yourself as high and mighty, you'll lose to other shittier, image-obsessed countries.
And hey, somehow they manage to do a better job than your lazy ass, whodatunk it?

>that picture

fucking kek

aww, so nice to see two black people socializing!

It's all good banter, Luigi. Don't be mad.

Did an italian fuck your mom or sister? It's either that or you suffer from some kind of mental problem, as your fixation on my country is beyond normal.

I ain't mad, I'm just happy to see two brown people laughing at each other's jokes.
So anyway, how was the street shitting today? Did you rape any woman?

Join in fellow brownie!

so... are we black or brown?

I don't eat brownies, sorry pajeet.
Also be careful that indian ones are probably made out from street poo from the loo

It depends on the kind of train you are on, but usually there are like 4-5 on every high-speed train. I usually take Trenitalia (I live in Venice but study in Rome) and they are pretty helpful. With Italo you would probably receive a even better service (since it is a private company and usually a bit more expensive).
They just roam the wagons checking the tickets, but you can ask them for anything I guess, they are there to help. You can also find more at the restaurant wagons, and they are usually stationed in the control spaces between the wagons. If you get a first class ticket they are going to be in your wagon the whole time to check if you need something. I take it sometimes and they bring me something to drink and eat and a newspaper of choice, coffee and other stuff
Italy has a lot of tourists every year so quite a lot of effort goes into making them feel welcomed

It's the same in social terms, but what can a monkey know about that.

Join in fellow brownskinned person is what I meant. I know you're a slow learner, but you're doing good!

Depends on what your parents ate that day I guess

Better, we believe to be the only heirs to the classical world (so Greeks and Romans).

I am a mediterranean brown, not shitskin brown, so unfortunately I can't.

Brown is brown brother! You said it yourself.

Indeed, same thing here, in the rich touristic cities at least.
Maybe it's just a disconnection in perspectives and context, it still feels kind of weird in a way. But that's just Sup Forums, the way to make some sense of some aspects of countries floating away in all the shitpost.

On Sup Forums, there are many posters.
Many posters post things like "you're ethnically X", "I'm ethnically Y" and "my/your country is full of Z".
Some posters that post those things only mean it ironically, as "banter".
But there are those that mean it seriously.
They are insecure about themselves and unhappy with their own lives.
Why else would they spend so much time with someone they know is inferior, instead of simply ignoring what they consider a "subhuman"?
That is my analysis of this thread.

>He doesn't have an automated recorded voice system where the driver or stationmaster presses a button and the announcement gets assembled from recordings of station names, number of cars, side platform is on, etc.
>He doesn't have a live timetabling system that's further automating prerecorded messages
youtube.com/watch?v=T5jouMftJdY

Yeah. It's also the usefulness of the internet I think
I really don't think it was automated to cut corners. You have to understand that for a while public services were used as a "sponge" to absorb unemployment, for political reasons. They probably have more personnel than they need, but that's another problem

Yeah, that's what we use
Loved the Gold Coast btw!

>even if a text to speech program can do it better
Holy shit how bad are Italians at English? Google translate fucks up a lot.

Now KISS!

>in English

in Italian as well

FUCK he is on to us

Not Google translate. One of those programs where you input words and the computer reads them, like this

No point in making much sense of this mess, deal with it as they come, and if it burns it burns, you'll laugh until there is nothing but cinders anyway.
And that's Sup Forums in general, a place where people talk to other people whilst being identified by a flag, it's astounding how much can change with such a little tweak.

Indeed, they're the spine that can back up the economy while it has issues, the ones that can still consume products, it works, sometimes.
Public services can be tricky to deal with, from a political and economic perspective, they can be as much of a benefit as a hindrance, especially if proper regulations/rules are not put in place.

The real problem here in Italy is that companies are too afraid to fail I think, and mostly for two reasons: they are public companies and the government doesn't allow them to fail for political reasons, or they are family companies: I can understand that even if Ferrari was losing money by the day they would be very hesitant to close it

They'd just sell em off to the Chinese

We live in a globalized world, it's better to have a company owned by someone else (they would still keep Italian managers probably) than having an inefficient company, much more so in the public sector, because you're using tax money to cover the inefficiencies

speaking of which... Ferrari's current situation is atrocious.

I wonder wtf happened.

>polenta
Has to be the worst food to come from Italy.

Is it? I didn't know. I think they're under FIAT? FIAT is doing quite well now

Google has contributed more tohumanity than Brazil.

I think the world will be fine with Milan's train station announcements using a Google creation.

kys pleb

I see, there are likenesses in regards to that area in Brazil too, public companies and infrastructure owned by the government have no opportunity for privatization (and I don't mean everything should be privatized, a great deal should) and are used by corrupt politicians as coin so they can push further their agendas while trading with other corrupt politicians.
Add to that money, resources and the whole shebang and you've got this corrupt thing called Brazil.
It's an iffy thing, the public sector really, either it's decent or not, and most of the times the populace gets the short end of the stick.

>losing to a bunch of nigs and begging Hitler for help
The Greeks were holding them off too so they cried to Hitler again.

If done well it's quite good. Of course you don't eat it alone, it's a side dish. You can eat it with fish, cheese, sausages, mushrooms... pretty much anything

We use fucking Loquendo in some metro stations. It's pathetic

I agree with you. Unfortunately, privatization isn't really popular here, even when it works. We are quite backwards in that regard