Was the Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans run overrated?

Was the Wolfman/Perez Teen Titans run overrated?

In the 80s Titans rivaled with the Claremont X-Men in popularity.

It's very of its time, but I don't think it is overrated.

It definitely has aged a bit. It comes off a WORDY as fuck, even more so than Claremont. About half of the villains / conflicts are 10/10 instant classics but the other half are pretty simple FIGHT OF THE MONTH stuff. It really shines in the consistent characterizations and team interactions over the entire run and the original characters that land well. Also the art is stellar.

I'm not a comic reader and more a fan of the DCAU, but I don't understand why Batgirl and Supergirl haven't been part of the Teen Titans.

For the original Silver Age Teen Titans, most likely it was because Batgirl and Supergirl weren't sidekicks. Whereas the rest of them were (more or less with Wonder Girl).

For the Wolfman/Perez run it was to keep it from being a Junior Justice League.

I'm reading it now, and I'd say no it isn't overrated. However, I prefer the old ways.
I'm gonna go read some more of it.

It gave us a great spin-off in the form of Vigilante, if nothing else

Who?

DC's response to the Punisher, with the twist that he daylighted as an attorney at law and had lapses in commitment to the mantle throughout the book. Was a 60+ issue run that rivaled Batman in sales in the 80s, and spearheaded the wave of pre-Vertigo mature readers comics at DC.

Also one of the few comic characters that has stayed dead since he went insane and killed himself at the end.

It gave us Raven and her butt.

Gar is problimatic.

>Also one of the few comic characters that has stayed dead since he went insane and killed himself at the end.

Wow, this is really grimdark stuff.

Batgirl is\was 25 years old, too old to hang out with a bunch of teenagers. No idea why Super-girl never joined though.

Yeah it was pretty ahead of its time. Didn't shy away from previously taboo topics such as drug abuse, child trafficking, homelessness, suicide, rape and the realistic long-term effects of vigilantism.

Hey, for after I'm done with Titans, is Nightfall good? My library has it all, but I have so many things to pick from...

Suicide Squad got its own live action movie before the Teen Titans...

Starfire with big goofy smile lol.

When are you supposed to stop reading New Titans? Is the dip after Judas Contract?

well we got Cyborg
I'm guessing they will show Batman getting a new Robin in a movie (to show how he isn't a psycho anymore)
the rest of the teens can be introduced in the movie

the way it's meant to be

Judas Contract or after the story arc where Jericho goes nuclear and tries to kill everyone is a good place to stop reading.

After Perez leaves the quality does dip some, but it doesn't get baaaad until the late 80s/early 90s, depending on what you can stand

Indeed. I love the way she hits on Dick inthe early issues.
"I need to get a vehicle so you don'thave to carry me everywhere!"
"Why? I love having you close to me!"

I love nuts all of the "topical" stuff seems today. Raven and Brother Blood are pretty obvious holdovers from the Rosemary's Baby suburban occult DON'T DO WITCHCRAFT OK KIDS? scare from the late 70's but reading it now without the context it just seems like there's demons fucking sacrifices and trying to take over our dimension at every turn with no rhyme or reason

bah

Speaking of x men and teen titans pic related is a great crossover

It didn't age well. But most books don't

I think that's why they later just made Brother Blood the head of the Cult of Trigon, to try and cut back on the redundancies.

How do modern comics handle characterization as compared to these?
I miss thought bubbles.

The Batman storyline? It's basically unreadable and way too fucking long.

It would have been better if Claremont hadn't written it.