She beat brienne

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc
youtube.com/watch?v=q-bnM5SuQkI
youtube.com/watch?v=pAzI1UvlQqw
youtube.com/watch?v=7NCvm0pC_r8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

of course, Bran is the 3 eyed raven and Arya is the many faced god

Arya beat Brienne, Brienne held her own against Jamie, Jamie trounced Ned.

Is Arya better than her dad was in the year after his death?

She can't beat no one. ;)

Why dont they just let Arya fight the dragons?
War over, obviously.

Brienne beat the Hound who beat the Mountain so Arya > Mountain

Do you think april makes spoony pretend to be jaqen in bed?

Arya was trained in the bravosi way, her style is a direct counter to heavily armored opponents.

she has the superior speed, how do you expect anyone else to compete?

trained for a few months in season 1 yeah
amazing how that's enough to make you a master huh

speed and reach has always been superior to strength in real sword fighting. if you can slice a guy before he even finishes his swing then you automatically win

This.

>her style is a direct counter to heavily armored opponents.
no? why would braavosi train to fight plate armored enemies, which are rare in essos?

if anything the braavosi style would be optimized for use against other braavosi.

he's dead so we may never know

she trained under syrio and then under jaqen, a solid year all together. she has an aptitude for sword fighting and the style she exhibits is a direct counter to heavily armored knights like brienne. not such a stretch m8

bravosi style of combat is fluid and light, meant to counter mostly, strike sparingly but efficiently. this is a perfect counter to slower, armored opponents

a fast rapier guy is not a counter to a fully armored knight

this isn't a video game

>under jaqen
you mean when she put her sword away for the entire time?
didn't seem like much training was achieved there

fencing isn't a direct counter to knights, it's anything but really. It only replaced longsword fighting after guns made plate armour obsolete.

>Arya beat Brienne
No, she didn't.

THERE ARE 25 GOT THREADS UP RIGHT NOW

HOLY FUCK JANITORS DO SOMETHING WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY PAYING YOU FOR

jaqen isn't dead. He is still at the temple of the many faced god

>she trained under syrio and then under jaqen, a solid year all together
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Stop with this fucking meme that training with a good trainer for one year suddenly makes you an expert.
1 year with a great trainer doesn't make up for 10s of years of training that brienne has had. 1 years is fucking nothing. the first years are only gonna be basic shit anyways, try learning to play the guitar with eric clapton for a year and see if you become better than someone who has played the guitar for 20 year jsut because you had a better trainer.

my fucking god when will this meme-trope end.

Its not fencing though. In the books, it's stated that bravosi style of combat is based on speed and counter attacks whereas westerosi style is based on direct confrontation

you do realize that castle-trained knights don't just learn to fight in heavy armor against peasants with sticks. Jon in season 1 was able to defeat 3 fully grown men with a shitty practice sword and his left hand. Don't forget that he thought that Rob was a better fighter than him at that time. Both were trained by a castle swordsman, the same training that Brienne enjoyed.

these.
And the fact that brienne has a much much better reach.

Fuking shit show

there isn't one westerosi style, you have to distinguish between soldiers trained to fight in formation and nobles that had personal trainers. In a serious fight Brienne would cut Arya in half.

jaqen hgar is literally too smart for let drags itself into a 1-on-1 fight against a stronk edgemaster womyn.

>Brienne kicks Arya to the ground
>instead of waiting for her to get back up she just rams her sword into her throat

>Armor slowing you down
Jesus when will this meme end?

>real sword fighting
sure, reddit

He just spits poison dart at them and then keeps his distance for how long it takes the poison to kill his target. Fully trained faceless men probably never engage people in swordsfights, they'd be shit at their job if they frequently have to fight.

Rapiers are incredibly fast. I remember reading the memoirs of a Russian WW2 officer who sparred with a Japanese POW, who was captured along with his sword. The Russian with the rapier hat the tip of the blade at the jap's throat before he could even assume attack position.

Of course the scene from the show was heavily stylized and over the top, but the principle still stands.

>this isn't a video game

Read a book sometime, faggot

and your post is completely irrelevant
a fully armored knight can grab both arya's sword and a rapier without any problem and just stab the fucker

Do you know how fucking heavy metal armor is, retard? A rapier can't do shit against full plate armor, but an agile person can easily dance around a full metal faggot until he drops from exhaustion.

>Do you know how fucking heavy metal armor is
you obviously dont

rapiers have anti armor bonus in fire emblem, checkmate

Oh, you've LARPed in medieval fairs as well?

no im just not a retard like you

>continues dancing around armoured opponent
>opponent stands still and doesn't do shit because they have a longsword with triple the reach

>outing yourself as a full-on sperg retard
lmao

>Arya beat Brienne, Brienne held her own against Jamie, Jamie trounced Ned.
wasn't jaime chained up and emaciated

Arya is literally the incarnation of The Many Faced God. She can kill/defeat anyone she wants.

Getting stabbed doesnt insta kill you unless you went trough the brain.
Even if arya stabbed you in the throat you could just swing at her with your own sword.
But this is hollywood where a spinning knife is 100% fatal no matter where it hits so.

youtube.com/watch?v=q-bnM5SuQkI
Any person in armour would cut his unarmoured opponent to pieces long before exhaustion became a problem.

Jaqen hgar doesn't exist. It's just a face.

>only showing people doing strenuous activities for a couple of seconds

Wow, really convinced me there

>opponent misses
>leaves himself open for attack

It's about 50 pounds, same as a miltary backpack, only it is spread across your body.

Ned aint that good anyway

I bet there are more people trained in swordfighting on reddit than here, so not sure what's your point

thanks for proving us that you've never worked out in your life

>only showing people doing strenuous activities for a couple of seconds
youtube.com/watch?v=pAzI1UvlQqw

I think that was before he got captured and his hand cut off, but you might still be right.

>faggot with the tiny sword tries to move in range to get a stab in in the minimal vulnerable areas available
>gets cut in half by the backswing of the longsword

No she didn't she held her own vs 50% brienne.

She was on her ass and lost her sword.The best she could have done is slash Brienne's face

Brienne literally kicked the shit out of Arya. If that isn't losing I don't know what is.

>fully armored
no one can afford that anymore in westeros, brienne doesn't even have decent gauntlets/helm.

>Do you know how fucking heavy metal armor is, retard?
30 to 40 lbs.

Jesus you didn't have to make me cum with that sallet.

Enjoy the show you contrarian faggots

>Do you know how fucking heavy metal armor is, retard?
It weighs less than Soldier's gear today which's weight isnt distributed all over your body like the armor.

>opponent misses
>leaves himself open for attack

This isn't a video game where people just hit with reckless abandon. If you've watched actual longsword dueling, you wouldn't even "telegraph" the strikes.

youtube.com/watch?v=7NCvm0pC_r8

this is anything but realistic though

You've already been called a retard, which you are, plenty of times, but let me just reiterate that modern soldiers run and walk for many miles in hot deserts with more weight than that.

It's the closest we have of longsword duels. We don't have knights anymore.

>but let me just reiterate that modern soldiers run and walk for many miles in hot deserts with more weight than that.

I've done 8 km runs and 40 km marches with almost 50-60 lbs and that was a backpack with a waist belt. I was in average physical condition for my age group + smoker.

Not that it was comfortable, but if I could pull it off in the shitcondition I was in then, a highly trained warrior would have no problems with it.

And armour would be even more evenly distributed over your body.

>spend a month blind begging
>now better at combat than people who have been training their entire lives