Dexter, the serial killer, stopped serial killing

Make me

This
>muh feelings
>muh Debra
>muh harry
He still killed but it lost it's spark

Cunts.

I dont understand why people say that season was good, they all seemed like crap after 2, to me.

I think the issue apart from all the really obvious shit, was that the villain or antagonist(s) worked their way into the plot relatively naturally ALONGSIDE Dexter doing his serial killer shit, and maybe the final showdown or reveal went off in the last 4 episodes or something

In the later series, the villain is introduced as the villain in the first 2 episodes and Dexter purely focuses on THAT guy exclusively, and any kills are done in a purely utilitarian way to avoid getting caught trying to kill that 1 guy

Compare the Brian/Rudy reveal to something like the Doomsday Killer

Female writers took over

They killed off Doakes too fast. He was a genuinely great character and one of the only real threats to Dexter throughout the series.

At some point, Dexter stopped worrying about being found out and stopped trying to blend in. This may have been partly due to the first point. Whatever the reason, a lot of tension was dropped from the show. It used to be that Dexter had his normal life, his normal kills, and then some super bad guy throughout the season who he would try and take on. In the later seasons it was just the super bad guy and nothing else.

They should have made a bit more use of side characters like Angel. But as Dexter's normal life faded, so did those characters. And when we got some interactions, they ultimately went nowhere, like Vince's daughter.

They raised the whole incest thing with Deb and then dropped it in favor of her suddenly becoming a psycho bitch.

The last few villains were pretty uninspired.

The ending was a fucking trainwreck.

I might be the only dude on this board who liked season 3

Shut up cunt
Cunt
Cunt,cunt
Cunt cunt cunt
Cunt cunt cunt cunt

How many other actors can so easily switch from evil and creepy as fuck character, to an absurdly comedic character as easily as Lithgow?

It's fine. It's kind of like S5 in that it's basically stand alone. Doesn't really tie into anything else.

I thought Isaak Sirko in Season 7 was a pretty solid character

But of course they killed him off quickly, a running theme with the show, wasted potential

I'm sorry for your loss.

Instead of the last arc of the season being a cat and mouse game between Dexter and the antagonist, the whole season was.

Several of the writers for the first four seasons left and were replaced by women.
I'm not making shit up, and that's probably the main reason. Other than that the show simply had too much tension going on to reasonably last longer. By season 4 it's already hard to suspend disbelief about Dexter getting away with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=mR_Tbt_1pIA

one of the best dexter scenes come through, cunts

It's not just that they were women, but that they wanted Dexter's dick. They viewed him as Batman, as mentioned in an interview. They saw Dexter different from how everyone watching saw him.

Season 5 would have been acceptable if the final episode didn't resort to them tying up all the plot threads while simultaneously hitting the reset button hard.

Deb confronts the barrel girls vigilantes without seeing them and giving them a pass.

Quinn realising Dexter might have killed robocop is skipped over because..... ???

Lumen leaves, this i'm ok with.

I think they realised the Deb thing was an error because thats exactly how they ended S6.

Talking of S6, they introduce a character who somehow knows dex is the Ice Truck Killers brother and have him toy with dex only to have him murdered randomly and not explain any of how/why/who he knows.

The finale, everything about the finale was terrible.

Pretty much

I like S5. Dexter having an excuse to go on a killing spree, putting his killing to some use to get over the whole Rita/Trinity thing, sharing his pain with another person who kind of understands

The hard reset was painful

goat moment

>Season 5 would have been acceptable if the final episode didn't resort to them tying up all the plot threads while simultaneously hitting the reset button hard.

Literally the moment I stopped having any expectations for this show.

Instead of letting dexter expand his operations and gain permanent accomplices, the writers insisted on returning to the status quo at the end of each season.

Lumen was a fine waifu, and watching the whole Dexter Family become serial killers would have been fun.

Which is your favourite Dexter kill?

I actually liked every season except for the 8th

The original show runner left after season 4 and they replaced him with some fucking soap opera idiot that liked to draw comparisons between Dexter and Pinocchio in his interviews.
The original show runner agrees that the series went to shit under the new guy's direction.
wegotthiscovered.com/tv/dexter-showrunner-defends-finale/

Sitll better than the books.

>The Dark passenger is an actual voodoo old god

kek

CHEEKY HEINZ

What the fuck really?

>
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_in_the_Dark

The most telling part of that article is how the showrunner mentions Quinn and Hannah becoming characters in a spin off. I do remember rumours about the writers being forbidden from killing Dexter off because that would scupper any plans for a reboot.

That is a large problem with a lot of TV shows, anything halfway successful gets milked because it makes (((them))) money. The worst offenders being Scrubs season 9, the X files seasons 8 & 9 and The Office (US) seasons 8 & 9.

Hannah ruined the show. Even season 8 could have been salvaged if she didn't show up again

>Dexter soon begins to question the dark voice that has been with him all his life, as he slowly realizes that his Dark Passenger is a true entity unto itself, possibly an offspring of the ancient god Moloch. While attempting to dispatch a killer who had been stalking him, Dexter becomes frightened and is unable to go through with the deed. He soon realizes that the Dark Passenger had given him an unusual amount of confidence and an almost supernatural awareness of the world around him; now that it is gone, he feels vulnerable for the first time in his life.
>The novel concludes as the Cult of Moloch kidnaps Astor and Cody, thereby forcing Dexter to engage them head-on. However, the cult soon captures Dexter, too, through a supernatural captivation of music. Though confined in a small concrete storage closet, Dexter escapes and encounters an old man who is the current avatar of Moloch. Though Dexter is instantly humbled and frightened by Moloch, he continuously mocks the malignant spirit, which in turn entrances him and the children and orders them to be sacrificed in a flaming pit

The show never got as absurd and ridiculous as the books.

Another one of the books brought a hollywood team to miami to create a movie based on dexters department and dexter was given the task to guide the hollywood actor...

Some retarded horseshit about movie business and hollywood celebrities entering dexters world....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Dexter

>Dexter and family take a trip to Key West, where Rita attends an auction of foreclosed houses. Hood and the Shadow both follow. The Shadow kills Hood and leaves him in Dexter's hotel suite. He then takes Astor and Cody to Garden Key, where he means to set a trap for Dexter, but Dexter reaches the island first. The Shadow, carrying Astor, flees to a boat, which Dexter barely reaches. Astor and Dexter eventually subdue the Shadow, tossing him overboard, and he is killed by a shark.

I was at one of the Comic Con panels for a later season and you could tell the writers had no idea what the character of Dexter was suppose to be anymore.

I can't believe they expected the spin-off to go forward after Season 8

nice pepe, user. have a good day.

Stopped right at the season 4 finale, is this show a key example of why they say shows begin to suck after like 4 seasons?