Best adaptation of dune?

best adaptation of dune?

Other urls found in this thread:

dune.wikia.com/wiki/Bi-lal_kaifa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bi-la_kaifa
youtube.com/watch?v=Zf8eWP9A-uk
davidgoujard.com/elements/BehindTheDune.swf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hol up is that the newsreader from rome?

the fat edit of david lynchs version

Pretty much. It needed a higher budget, though.

Most literal adaptation, but I like the idea of David Lynch's version better. Better casting, better costume/set/prop design, better soundtrack. Shame about the end product though...

Please don't budget shame. TIA!

No.

Is the new movie still happening?

Stop shilling degenerate mudslime fantasies, you fucking cuck.

Lynch's version has great music and cosmic-mystic vibe, but it makes so many changes that I don't even know if I should call it an adaptation, so I guess the miniseries is best by default. The miniseries begins to suck as soon as it diverges from the books, though, which it unfortunately does.

you're so sensitive cupcake

It should be if BR2049 shows even a modest return, which it should. Trailer doesn't have any red flags and feels very PKDick.

The arabic sounding names were just a way to sound exotic in the 60s/70s.
>not waging a massive war to purify and strengthen the race

No they're not, there a ton of references to different aspects of Muslim culture, including pretty obscure ones. Compare:
dune.wikia.com/wiki/Bi-lal_kaifa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bi-la_kaifa

yes, even if they ran out of money.

>2000ish saska reeves as lady jessica
hell yes

Also Chani's huge rack we get to see while they're changing in the sietch. I'm sorry that I couldn't find a screencap guys.

I know what you speak of. Should make a webm and post it in gif later.

Yeah.

Yes, he plays the Baron.
>Need you more proof, of what Heaven's choice is? ATREIDES IS DEAD, AND HARKONNEN LIVES!

That would be most appreciated, thank you.

Children of dune, which is Dune Messiah and Children of Dune, is also excellent.

>tfw you see the cgi after over 15 years

Has not aged well

On a second rewatch, Paul's (over)acting is pretty shit. Vets acquitted themselves and carried the miniseries.

BARON
*hand gestures*
VLADIMIR
*hand gestures*
HARKONNEN

Never seen or read Dune but Lynch's design for the Guild Navigator is creepy as fuck

Big problem with any Dune adaptation will always be casting because no one is going to have actual children playing roles where appropriate.

What if... Dune anime series?

you mean the one with the twenty minute intro which is a series of still frames of scribbled concept art with a voice-over trying to explain the backstory? jesus, making the film longer doesn't make it better in this case.

Nude scene over on gif

>muh dib

There are lots of actual cut scenes with important exposition between the characters, the fan edits at least put them all into one film.

Is the sietch tau-orgy among them?

Is that pickle paul?

Yes, and he periodically breaks the 4th wall to give soliloquies to the audience.

Doable. But won't be done.

I unironically think an HBO 8 episode adaptation would be fucking grand.

Weirdly, youtube.com/watch?v=Zf8eWP9A-uk came up on shuffle just as I started typing this post. Truly I walk the golden path.

I can tell when people are fishing for links:

davidgoujard.com/elements/BehindTheDune.swf

Dune I (DOS)
by Cryo.

HAVING
REJECTED HIS LOVING WIFE IRULAN PAUL ATREIDES HAS COUPLED HIMSELF TO THE SORCERESS, CHANI
PROMISING HER DOMINION OF ALL THE GALAXY
HE WORSHIPS WORMS AND MICE
HE BLUENESS HIS EYES WITH SPICE
LIKE A FREMEN
HE DANCES
AND PLAYS THE THUMPER IN VILE ARAKEEN RITES

The actor, I think he's Scottish, can't think of his name right now is pretty shit. It has some good moments, Ian McNiece made a good Vladimir Harkonnen, I haven't seen it in years though. Most of the bad aspects of it were owing to changes from the books and likely related to budget and editing

I'm too autistic to put up with the whole barely wearing Stillsuits and other aspects of Fremen culture missing. Chani was hot

The orgy was in the mini series

I hope not

>I'm too autistic to put up with the whole barely wearing Stillsuits and other aspects of Fremen culture missing.
This. Completely ruined the show for me.

jesus christ Jodorowosky's version was so fucking gaudy and overdone, i'm not saying Lynch's dark chrome vision was any prettier but mabye find a happy medium?

>too pleb to appreciate allegories
What's it like being retarded?