Make Prometheus

>Make Prometheus
>It gets heavily critizised
>Proceed to jack Blomkamp's Alien movie and make a movie worse than Prometheus in any way possible

Is Ridley the hack of the decade?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wK8kK4hY6PA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Blomkamp's would've been even worse and you know this

No fucking way. Even Chappie was better than this crap

Wrong, Covenant looked like it was shot in my backyard and was still more film than any pos that The Director of District 9 has released since District 9

Blomp wanted to make a successor to Aliens: 100% chance of garbage

Ridley wanted to make a successor to Alien: 99% chance of garbage (because of dementia)

A: Yes.

Also after seeing the abomination that is Covenant, is there any hope left for this?

Fox has DROPPED the Alien series because it underperformed, that's hope enough for me.

Question is: how long will that last? Probably less than the 15 years between Resurrection and Prometheus.

>implying District 9 wasn't shit too

Fucking this, if anyone is a hack it's Blomkamp, at least Scott is not a one trick pony.
Ridley, as senile as he may be, still directs the shit out of a movie

'no'

Chappie was well better than Covenant, I agree.
I kept on thinking is this a joke while watching it. The overly dramatic and insincere grief over James Franco (WTF!) why is Franco even in a film like this and WHY is mullet head in it etc etc.

>is Ridley the hack of the decade?
Yes. God Yes. The movie was riddled with plot holes, stupid occurrences and downright retardation.

It has based Danny Volenew directing, of course it's going to be kino.

Am i one of the few who would have liked to see a sequel to Aliens with Ripley and Hicks knocking about?

Last Alien film i enjoyed after Aliens was 3 desu, Ressurection was meh and Prometheus was even worse as a prequel.

Prometheus was pretty good

It's really a shame how his career has nose-dived. Once I considered him to be a genius. Now I know he's a hack.

C'est la vie

youtu.be/wK8kK4hY6PA

If you watch promethus a couple of times its pretty gud, just some retarded plotholes that could have been alot better.

this was just LOOK NOW ALIENS, GOOD RIGHT???

fucking hack

Prometheus absolutely fucking sucked.

Watched Covenant last week and it wasn't quite as dreadful but was more frustrating because there were glimpses (middle hour) of what could have been a very good movie.

The idiotic, boring, action of the last 30 minutes and the horrendously obvious 'twist' ending really dragged it down.

Also the casting was absolutely shit nobody only Fassbender was any good. Cast some competent supporting actors and match Ridley up with a decent editor to force cuts and remove pointless action and it would be a good movie.

>Am i one of the few who would have liked to see a sequel to Aliens with Ripley and Hicks knocking about?
Same. It would be obvious fanservice and wouldn't make much sense for them both to be alive but fuck it the franchise has been raped beyond redemption anyway.
>Last Alien film i enjoyed after Aliens was 3 desu, Ressurection was meh and Prometheus was even worse as a prequel.
Alien 3 was flawed but still a good film (just well below standards of first 2) with very strong cast and performances.

Resurrection I can't even bear to rewatch and same with Prometheus.

fuck off

I didn't think Covenant was bad. It was a fun flick, decent at best.

I know it would be obvious fanservice but as you said the franchise has no clear direction and now the origins line has been even more fucked than when it was just 'space jockey'

In general the less we knew about it the better it was really, Alien was just the xeno, Aliens expanded and shown both Queen and Facehuggers and really nothing new since Ridley decided to rape the origin line with 'engineers'. You can include the Predator films but they did not really add too much but you could argue that originally the Predators may have made them for the ultimate fight and not David.

Problem is what would the plot be? Ripley and Hicks wake up after years in statis and find what? Aliens running about en mass? All out war with Aliens somehow? Earth lost? Or just another survive from the Xeno for 2hrs.

Blame the "fans" the backlash from prometheus prompted him to change paradise into covenant

WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T THEY USE A CHESTBUSTER?

This upsets me. The xeno coming out AS A MINIATURE FUCKING XENO AS IF HE'S A 1/16TH SCALE TOY?

It comes out as a chestbuster, and on the original model you can see the arms and the chest and everything.

This makes more sense because even in the original the chestburster runs out vertically, which figures if it has legs.

The chestburster looks like what the equivalent of a human fetus/baby looks like.
A chubby little pale thing with different proportions, big head, small arms who then grows to be slender and shit.

The chestburster in Covenant is literally just a xeno scaled 1/16th of it's size.

I'm actually one of the few people who enjoyed Covenant, but, jeez, they fucked up by making that xeno come out as a miniature.

haha I wonder what that baby Xeno smells like haha

>blompkamp niggers shitting on ridley scott for this movie

Just makes me want to like Covenant desu.

Did anyone else find this film to be quite cozy?
The gloomy engineer planet is my kind of shit.

>The Martian is one success
>Ridley has had multiple flops in the last 10 years

I blame him for being a fucking retard and not making a better movie which built on the strengths of Prometheus instead of ignoring it entirely and giving us two Davids in exchange

>Yes. God Yes.

I hate Gosling, but we have based Denis Villeneuve

>just some retarded plotholes that could have been alot better
The old script of Prometheus was fucking good so of course you can still feel something good in it unlike Convenant.

Blomkamp's movie sounded like nostalgic fan service. I've grown tired to that.

Of course it'll be good, it's directed by Denis Villeneuve

We are reaching levels of contrarianism that shouldn't even be possible.

People love ice cream but they don't want to be told how ice cream is really made. Pic very much related.

probably like acid and silicone

That's a dogshit analogy.

It isn't.

I liked Covenant better than Prometheus.

It was more believable in some respects.

They actually brought real guns this time unlike the fucktard Prometheus crew with one flame thrower. What they can afford a trillion dollar space ship, but not a $50 shotgun. Dumb and unbelievable.

Also, at least the Covenant crew actually seemed interested in their jobs. Hey I'm a biologist, let me take a look at this cool biology.

The Prometheus fucktards. Hi 'I'm a biologist sent on a once-in-a-lifetime mission to meet new life. OMG new life. I'm scared and want to run back to my ship and hide. WTF

i'd love to see how homemade ice cream is made

What people forget about District 9 is that what makes the movie good. It isn't the "racial political agitprop" that all these nigger SJW film reviewers talked about ad nauseu. It is that District 9 has probably one of the best and exciting continuous action scenes in cinematic history. The second they break into the lab to get the liquid, the rest of the movie is lit as fuck.

Unlike most Avenger / Marvel movie garbage, the bad guys were very effective and scary. Either the mercenaries or the Nigerian gangsters. Do any of you actually feel even the teeniest bit of tension when the Avengers "fight" the villains in any of their movies? The battle droids in the Star Wars remakes seem scary by comparison to fucking Loki, Thannos, etc. etc. THe clowns the lot of them.

>Is Ridley the hack of the decade?

Correction: Ridley Scott has been a hack for decades.

My idea

>retcon Covenant HARDCORE
>make Shaw the one who went loco instead of David and became some quasi-immortal half-human/half-xeno abomination looking for the Xenomorph home planet
>make Newt the central protagonist, who is now a Colonial Marines like stepdaddy. Still suffers massive Xenomorph PTSD from the Hadley's Hope incident.
>Hicks is all disgruntled and has an eyepatch ala Snake Plissken. Tags along with Newt.
>Ripley has kinda lost it after waking up from stasis (too many stasis nightmares, man), ditched Newt and Hicks and is now living on a wooden planet, reading stories to kids and fucking Charles Dance. Shaw eventually goes after Ripley and kidnaps her to help find the Xenomorph home planet
>the Colonial Marines find David's tattered as fuck body on some desolate planet. Is revived ala Bishop in Alien 3 for a scene.
>a Predator tags along with Newt and Hicks at some point.
>Shaw created a "daughter" of Ripley and Dallas using their DNA donated prior to the Nostromo mission. She happens to be like Sil from the Species movies (minus the desire to fuck) and will be played by Sofia Boutella. Acts as Shaw's muscle until the final sequence on the Xenomorph planet.
>the engineers are involved at some point.
>Bishop shows up in one scene, as he's too fucked up physically to be involved much.

you're even more senile that Ridley

Ridley Scott's filmography works well as a basic test to determine if one understands film as a medium and an artform. Sup Forums fails this test, but it's expected.

Replace ice cream with Mcdonalds Mcchicken Mcnuggets and you're onto something.

not that guy but he's right. It was good for its time and copley was great, but a lot of that movie is shit in terms of pacing and story telling. Blomkamp has a highschool kid's level comprehension on story telling.

>The movie was riddled with plot holes
like? it's always funny how people call what they missed or don't get plot holes and have no actual clue what a plot hole really is.

That for me is way too much desu.

I would retcon the shit out of Prometheus desu, the engineers are too human and really should have always been a shadow in the dark at best. I would go more or less after the 'space jockey' bit but would rarther have an actual alien with tentcles for example like the ones out of MIB1 except bigger and trapped in the chair operating something.

My basis would be a bit like the start of Aliens, Ripley/Hicks/Newt found adrift after x amount of time, stasis has keep them alive but failed to stop them aging. Eventually they are found and taken to a spacestation where they meet Charles Dances character from Alien 3 where he is not in the nick and gets them back to health.
Hicks, Ripley and Newt live as a family for a bit before Hicks goes back to the Marines as a instructor, Newt is still 12 mentally though and Ripley takes her as her daughter.

I do not know where i would put the aliens bit desu, Maybe Hicks, Ripley and Newt decide to move back to Earth or a new planet where something happens and they go off course and either crash land on a new planet or the auto pilot takes them to a new planet where they encounter either an alien or possibly a dead civilization like in Prometheus but not utterly retarded with an android making it.

he has been a hack since alien 3 tbqh. a third movie nobody asked for

All his best stuff was made in the late 70s and early 80s.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Nobody, NOBODY, has any talent left when they're old. Talent is a game of the young adults, when you're young enough that your brain is running at near-peak but old enough that you're not childish and trite.

Old men coast. He had money, he has contacts, and he doesn't want other people showing him up with his own toys, not when we can milk every last drop out of those toys first before discarding their used-up husks.

george miller