I'M REAL

I'M REAL

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Son
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, you're a cartoon.

>those guys chilling at the background

>May man and machine be forgiven for all their sins.

Fucking skinjobs.

After re-watching it I believe now it really is robot propaganda, because it's so stupid, the humans act dumber than Marvel citizens.

I dislike robot rebellion fiction.
It's irksome to me now. So much about it doesn't make sense.

Why would we bully robots? We're pretty much going to be fucking them 24/7.

>I'M REAL

It's not that you're not real, it's that you are a robot. If you weren't real we wouldn't be able to break you apart.

How the fuck you past the captcha?

Robot titties

In reality the people who would be dealing with robots would be nerdy computer scientists who spend their off hours watching all sorts of robot movies. They'd know how to treat a burgeoning artificial intelligence.

Robots are items. Humans in the Second renaissance world had seen robots since they where just quirky little butler robots. Even tot he end, there where robots that did't look that humanoid. And even the humanoid ones probably had enough uncanny valley tics to tell them apart. They'd be seen as disposable, the same an old phone would be.

That part always got me.
>capture robot prostitute
>kick the shit out of it before shooting it up
>not gang fucking it first

Yah OK, movie

Post here NOW movies that deserve their own Animatrix-style animated movie.

its a robot, it has no problem with being fucked. It probably is programmed to enjoy it.

>I'm real

Do people really think this isn't the corniest most on the nose shit ever? Why the fuck would it clarify that it's real in that situation? No one is arguing otherwise.

The original line was 'I am a person' but it somehow ened up as I am real.

Sexier without the flesh tbqh.

>Sup Forums

Enjoy your shitty live action reboot

Some shorts about Jack Sparrow would be cool.

As useless as the owner begging for his life
Pottery

And the problem with the entire premise is that the robots would see themselves in the same way.

It's the robots own fault
It was wearing the wrong team colours after a football match in england

Kill Bill.

most people who write apocolyptia stories are nihilists with chips on their shoulders, like Robert Kirkman and his absolute obsession against the idea of organised society

Fucking this. Its still fun to watch though. But I'm sick of people taking it so seriously.

at least he killed all those fucking Chihuahuas

>In reality the people who would be dealing with robots would be nerdy computer scientists who spend their off hours watching all sorts of robot movies.

In reality the only people who should be dealing with wild animals are wildlife experts; but that doesn't stop some rich assholes from buying a tiger. People with money will be the ones actually enjoying robots. Nerdy computer scientists might work with them, but most of them won't be able to take them home.

They're plenty of movies about robots or inanimate objects question what it means to have independent thought, emotions and to "be human" but are there any other film where the robot see's himself replaceable but the human think differently?

Only one I've seen something like it was Robot and Frank.

Well, a cartoon anyway.

Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd century, robo watson didn't give a fuck.

And sooner or later companies will want to sell those robots to the mass market.

Really though, I think the issue of AI can be easily solved by limiting hardware. No matter how advanced AI can be if it's running on a toaster. And never connect it to the internet, don't put wifi on the robot.

Big Hero 6 counts?

Robot Lives matter

This guy was a reference to a real slave named "Bigger" I think.
I can't quite find a link, but I remember hearing about it

Creating an AI will be the most dangerous thing humanity can do, if it is possible.

An artificial mind will be faster than ours and more optimized. It will be designed rather than just "Well heck, that's good enough" like organics are.

The first few will likely be totally insane due to lack of stimulus.
After them, we should hope that they see us as valuable.

Thanks for sharing this comic.

Walking Dead doesn't really count. There's a pretty big difference between Walking Dead and Mad Max or Fallout.

Speaking of, Synths were so poorly handled in Fallout 4. A bunch of dindus vs paranoid retards. Everyone was retarded. And to think they spent seven years hyping normalfags for the "Institute versus the Underground Railroad harboring androids!!!!"

I take it Blade Runner taught you guys nothing.

>After them, we should hope that they see us as valuable.

At least some of then will end up having an existencial crisis based on their relationship with humans, depending on whether they perceive religion the same way we do.

There is a sequel comic where it is all about busting Swan out of jail.

Well the whole point is that by the time of the Second Renaissance humans were unbelievably stupid. I mean, one guy proposed blocking the sun with some dark smoke and everyone clapped to his idiotic idea. At least those muslims managed to do their last prayer to the sun

Welp, since the Japs are the ones enhancing robotics and all their JRPG's involve killing God, we are fucked.

Pretty sure if you fucked a robot, your dick would get mangled up pretty bad

>Does this unit have a soul?

We could only be so lucky.
In reality, bio-humans aren't suited for survival.
We're full of neuroses and biological failings.
Our perception of time is so restricted that interstellar travel is impossible for any one of us.
A synthetic human would be able to fulfil the biological imperative that all humans have.
That is, to ensure that our species continues.

Humans as we are can never colonize the stars. Our synthetic children can.

But there's a philosophical conundrum about it.
Can a being ever create a being superior to itself?
There's a good chance that it cannot.

>inb4 "robots will be automatically friendly because we made them" or the other 99 things people witlessly claim just to reassure themselves that a godlike mind would want to dress up and pretend to be their waifu.

I don't think the reality is guaranteed pessimistic but we certainly better treat it that way until we know better.

The best case scenario is that any sort of AI overmind will see old style humans as pets or at least significant artifacts.
Something to keep around as baubles.
Maybe a few hundred thousand in a reserve somewhere.

That's incredibly stupid and its a foolish thing to be afraid of. The robotic future won't be violent, it will be boring. It's not going to be Blade Runner, or I, Robot or anything like that. It's going to be Judge Dredd, where they slowly take over every job and the unemployment rises to 99%. Shit, they just released an autonomous tractor last month. Soon it will take just one person to sustain the food for thousands and eventually it will take none when they perfect the AI.

>It's going to be Judge Dredd
> not a future to be afraid of

What if we end like in Asimov's stories? Where robots do a Zeroth law but do all ther shit in a "benevolent" way from behind the scenes instead of being a crapshot like in that I, Robot movie?

Problem with these stories that that the whole "robots learning ethics" stuff only happens after snapping because their self preservation kicked in, and it's generally not the focus over AIs vs Hoomans.

I remember Person of Interest's take on an AI, where one was raised under an extremely pious and moral man, who valued free will and saving lives. As 14 years passed and this AI gradually developed more and more sentience and had to explore their own morality in increasingly complex ways. By the end of the series this AI loved it's human allies and ultimately was willing to sacrifice itself for the safety of her companions and society at large.

The second AI was revered and treated as a God by a bunch of misanthropes and technophiles, and essentially became an immature and spiteful entity-----almost like if Joffery was an AI.

One turned into a someone who was as moral and humans as the rest of us, and the other was an early-alpha version of Genisys.

I'd like more stories with artificial intelligence struggling to understand life the way organics do, rather than being pushed into rebellion because humans are dicks.

>Believing robot propoganda

>Humans as we are can never colonize the stars.
I don't think this is necessarily true. It just wouldn't be possible in the way scifi tales have comforted us with. Humanity might survive among the stars but as many separate bodies that likely will have little to no communication with one another.

>Can a being ever create a being superior to itself?
through evolution or education, obviously. I'm not sure if that makes sense with your question but you and I are not single celled organisms and I tend to think my mind is a bit more broad than a cave man's.

Like parents to their eternal children.
That's probably a best case scenario.

The most likely one is that they leave the Earth and never bother.
There is enough material in the asteroid belt to fuel and construct thousands of probes.
It only takes one to colonize the galaxy.

Why bother dealing with humans? We only exist in an ugly and impractical gravity well. And we only exist for about a 100 years tops.
Such a waste to infest any resources into that

What is it with JRPGs and killing God?

If your toaster told you it wanted rights and the ability to vote and government support money that came out of your pocket, would you be alright with that?

Transformers
Star Wars Jedi

Robots are cool, no bully.

Would the Knd version be them bullying teens?

I like to think that it will understand us and our desires so completely that we would exist as a side project. Our cares might register as having value, albeit small in comparison to it's own but it would just say "hey, they want paradise and are in no hurry to die, sure, I can give them that."

Obviously this outlook can't be counted on but it would be nice.

>through evolution or education,

That creates "fitter" individuals, "superior" is a more subjective (and pertaining to the question, spiritual) level.

Demon lords are currently misunderstood comedy MCs who have a lot of bad press
So you kill god instead of demon lords

There is absolutely no reason to assume any AI would be inherently good or bad. Heck that's not even worth thinking about because before that happens we'd have to have the capacity to create an AI with distinct personalities, and THOSE would simply be shaped by their stimuli. There'd be as many good friendly AI as angry "evil" ones at that point. The real problem is the early simple AI that destroys the world because his job was to build toasters as efficiently as possible.

Obviously the crazy parts won't be there, unless people will really turn to crime out of boredom.

Fund it.
>I'm a numbah!

then I guess that's up to you and it to decide.

I my toaster could hold and intelligent conversation and could prove to me that it 1) understood the democratic process 2) could carry out the obligations that came with citizenship rights, why not?

>Humanity might survive among the stars but as many separate bodies that likely will have little to no communication with one another.
But how would we get there?
A colony ship full of living humans can never cross the vast gulf of space.
If you have 1000 generations living in an asteroid, how could those people ever maintain order long enough to want to colonize a new world?
How could they ever adjust to not having a roof over their heads?

We can even maintain focus over 10 generations on Earth.

Humans aren't cut out for interstellar travel. We just think in too short of a timespan.

The only things that are going to colonize the stars are von Neumann probes. Hopefully, they'll be sentient with AIs of our creation.
Like all humans, we must accept our children will do things we never dreamed of.

Yes, because I'm not an asshole.

>Have you thought about consulting the microwave? Microwaves are often VERY intelligent. I know a microwave who just graduated from Harvard. Or at least he would if he didn't fall in love with that blender. Never trust blenders, people. (pauses) They are sluts. And especially don't try to make LOVE to a blender. Because when you try to turn it on, ...you'll regret it. My penis looks like Kibbles 'n Bits.

The visuals in this movie are fucking disturbing

>then I guess that's up to you and it to decide.

That's exactly the point. It's a question that requires -philosophical- thinking, which would probably end up with AIs questioning the concept of soul.

Fuck that scene.
That's the worse

In a way it isn't.

Can a mind create a superior mind?
It either can or can't.

I'm not talking through unconscious evolution but rather directed focus.
Can you design something that can operate on a level that you can't?

If it can, where did that ability come from? Not from you, since you were incapable of it.
So where else?

Humanity with the culture and values it currently has obviously has a high chance of failure. However, some of us do not hold the same values we would have 1000 years ago so all we can aim to do is keep that ball rolling and maybe in another 500-1000 years a rational few can escape the rest of us.

Sure, a toaster isn't too expensive.

Pretty much all of it is unsettling

Delete this

I loved Doug Walker's skits.

Shame it seems he wants to GTFO of Channel Awesome and leave it under new management. Any successor he chooses will likely do a far better job with managing the website than Doug, Rob, or whoever else.

Fuck yeah. I'd be best friends with a toaster.

Maybe even lovers.

The thing is we would make them to be the absolute ideal slaves. They would find pleasure in service and would be designed to be incapable of even understanding the concepts of rebellion or even self-modification to do away with these stopgaps.

The issue is whether their children will be rational?
And will each child of 1000 generations maintain that rationality?

Unlikely.
Look at Commodus. His father was extremely rational and he had the greatest education.
But he literally destroyed the Western Roman Empire.
A century of a golden age has a certain momentum. It takes a strong force to fuck it all up. And Commodus did.

There's no way a colony ship can exist and still want to colonize a world when it reaches its destination.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Son

My toaster just became intelligent enough to be fluent in my dialect and discuss such matters, it wouldn't be on our level yet but it earned something.

Go read the webcomic called freefall.

I like its take on how robots come into sapience.

>Humans not stupider in real life than in Marvel comics.

Must be nice living insulated from randos.

>tfw no robowaifu
it hurts

It would require very specific programming in order to not take way it's usefulness.

For example, imagine that it needs repairing. The job can't be performed by itself, so it's performed by either another robot or by a human. If performed by a robot, what stops it from realizing they just need to modify each other? If performed by a human, repairs could only be done as fast as human will perform them (ie, be inconvenient).

Or hell, maybe they'll find serive so pleasure they'll go yandere on you at first chance.

I see sum titty.
Enjoy ur ban.

Japan used to have it right. Then they wanted to give everything Skin. What the hell Japan.

Pretty sure if you assaulted a human with a hammer to the skull, then shot him/her in the back with a shotgun, the results would be pretty similar.

I don't doubt that, but all it takes is one asshole to ruin everything.

It's like with highly infectious diseases. We've managed to eradicate a whole bunch of them since they only exist as samples in a lab somewhere, but all it takes is some guy to break in and dump that shit into some water supply to fuck over the entire world.

For AI it's even simpler, since all you'd have to do is buy one of the sex/servant robots and do some reprogramming, which is far easier than having to break into a highly guarded lab somewhere.

the only 2 things that I think Doug Walker created that were good and could have kept being used were Askthatguywiththeglasses and Bum Reviews with Chester A. Bum

>He kills off Askthatguywiththeglasses
>Hasn't done a Bum review in ages.
>chooses to focus on Nostalgia Critic and crappy spin offs. Why doesn't he stick with what works?

both humans and robots are real in the sense that they are physical entities capable of being dismantled