Rick turns himself in to a pickle...

>Rick turns himself in to a pickle. Leaving himself absolutely defenseless and relying on an egg timer tied to a pair of scissors and a syringe hanging above him.
>The very first thing he tells Morty to do is flip him over, moving him from his original position. Where the syringe would land.
>This is the smartest man in the universe.
>Everyone clues in that Rick doesn't want to go to the therapy session.
>Beth doesn't confront Rick, instead taking the Syringe in a passive aggressive move towards her father, which could be construed as her constructively moving towards confronting him and handling her issues. (This theory is later demolished at the end of the episode where all is forgiven and it's time to get drinks.)
>Beth leaves her home with the garage door wide open.
>A cat conveniently walks in because when you write yourself in to a corner why the fuck not.
>The cat attacks Rick, while Rick is hamfistedly explaining to the audience WHY its doing it. Then immediately forgets about him.
>Enough rain falls in twenty seconds to float Rick down the driveway and down a storm drain.
>Poop Jokes from the math teacher.
>Rick bites a cockroach in the throat hard enough to kill it, then bites off the top of its head and uses his tongue to operate its limbs by tongueing its brain. Ignore the nerve damage caused by the death-bite.
>Rick, in the space of what is likely less then ten minutes (therapy sessions don't last all day) manages to build an exoskeleton out of bone, scavenged metal and gristle. As a pickle. Without hands. Operating a cockroach by tongueing its brain. A cockroach that, thankfully, doesn't magically have opposable thumbs.
>Advanced circuitry in the sewer.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=de2grEPn7rg
youtu.be/MhpkLe8kdcE
live.cookie.me.uk/thingolus
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>John Wickle, Pickle at Large ultra-gratuitous violence scene.
>Talking about how he never gave a name to a Rat with multiple distinctive features. A rat we the audience have NEVER, seen before. As though it was his arch sewer-enemy. That we see only once as it is being dismembered.
>Suddenly, hilarious evil russian embassy in the middle of suburbia.
>Rick begins to indiscriminately fucking slaughter these guys. Making a doomsday laser out of a battery and some office supplies. Literally just some AA's.
>The russian guards suddenly give Rick a name, Solenya. Russian mythos blah blah blah i'm pointing out how fucking terribly paced and placed all of this stupid shit is.
>Jaguar.
>Rick doesn't kill him.
>Rick is suddenly omniscient again. Knows a helicopter is coming and makes it there before stereotypical evil russian guy does. Jaguar is there too because why not. He even had time to change his clothes!
>Russian guy falls to his knees and reverently speaks of Solenya.
>A name we will never, ever hear again.

All of this was interspersed with bizarrely serious bouts of therapy that served to create a sense of bi-polar story telling. ACTION! Drama! Poop eating! Action! Drama! Action! Drama! Long-winded "my farts taste so good" speech by the female therapist putting Rick fucking Sanchez in his place (Yaaaas Queen).
Then at the end of the episode. There is no pay-off. Nothing satisfying. Morty and Summer sitting in the back seat, trying to say something, trying to understand what the fuck is going on is equivalent to us, the audience, being taken on this roller-coaster of poorly thought out writing.

Okay maybe
>advanced circuitry in the sewer
is wrong. He actually attached a rats BRAIN to his own. Allowing him to operate the entire suit AND its complement of weaponry. Without any kind of wiring, programming or set up whatsoever,

>mfw rick kills a cockroach by biting it's head
>a cockroach wouldn't be phased by this in reality as they can easily function after head trauma including decapitation

Hello

>woman can be good comedian too

>the annoying orange show

>Rick wakes up Morty
>open a portal with his portal gun
>apparently the multiverse is real and can be traveled through portals, even though this is not proven by science
>rick tells morty to insert 2 1mt long seeds in his rectum
>of course almost no rectum could take such a load, especially the inviolated rectum of a 114 years old boy, but apparently he still manages to do so
>for no reason they can't go back, even though later in the serie this is never a problem
>they go through multidimensional customs (even though it is later revelaed that the Feds did not have access to multidimensional travelling technology)
>the manage to escape it, even though such a futuristic structure should have automated, infallible security systems (also for some reasons the guards are uncohordinated, in fact only a bunch of them bother to follow Rick)
>Rick comes home with Morty
>his parents tells him that he is too stupid to miss school, and just as this happens the seeds start having effect on Morty turning him smart
>as soon as Jerry and Beth leave Morty turns retarded, the timing is clearly too good
Wow, what a shitty serie!!

hey yeah also the rat busting through the bars used physics as if rick was regular size and the rat was giant. I get that its a cartoon, but they spread too much pseudo intellectual bullshit about how fucking smart they think they are

>Rick wakes up Morty.
>Takes him on his spaceship that he drunkenly explains he built out of spare parts in the garage, establishing him as hyper-intelligent instantly as well as an alcoholic. Positive and Negative making him a little bit interesting.
>Nothing is proven in science, only theories that haven't yet been disproved.
>Hey nigger. His anus is still taught yet malleable.
>Ricks portal gun being out of charge/breaking/being taken is a recurring theme.
>They don't have access to Ricks multi-dimensional portal gun. A gigantic station costing $$$$$$$$ is different to a simple hand-held portal gun.
>The federal government is inept.
>The seeds dissolve in his rectum.

this was back when it was still wacky adventures whats your point? I just want to know why Morty was so important to Rick!

>russians are the corrupt bad guys who hate freedom and are cowards

wew

Did this episode even have a writer? Half of it was just drawn-out animated scenes of pickle rick killing rats and stuff

hi

>Turning yourself into to avoid doing a thing when you can literally do anything else

At least find a fool proof to revert to being human

It just felt like they had no ideas, ordered a sandwich and thought "what if he could be a pickle?" so they tried to write a plot and jokes around that but failed so hard and said fuck it, he's a pickle and you should deal with it

Wow.....Dr Wong actually managed to talk Rick down. That's something........ no one in this show has been able to do

Whats most aggravating about that is that they still have an unfinished plot line.

The galactic government is in shambles sure but for fuck sake, they tease Tammy and Pheonix Person as a splinter group in the remnants of the Federation. Lead with that! And tie in an arc about Jerry finding himself as a man by joining Tammy and the New Federation. Then have the family dealing with divorce issues as a SUB PLOT not the over arching theme. Keep the main story grand and interwoven through the tiny plot episodes.

The female writer self insert did that?
YAAASSSS QUEEN SLAYYYY

Thats because the writers wanted that to happen. A strong womyn putting the literal patriarch in his place.

The guy argued down literal Space Amazons who had evolved beyond men to the point they wanted to kill him with a giant rock. He can't handle a therapist? Fuck off hack writers.

(from reddit)
Beth is an awful person.

The reason why she chooses to stay with Jerry? Beth needs people to
put down. She's an absolutely terrible mother, a lousy and emotionally
abusive wife, an alcoholic, and feels deep insecurities over her highly
respectable career as a vet as to not being a "real doctor", and is a
helpless enabler of her selfish, abusive and neglectful father, so she
keeps Jerry around because she needs to have someone to feel superior
to: she resents him for knocking her up and not being the husband she
wants, but relentlessly bulldozes his self esteem with her dismissive
behaviour and spiteful remarks. She also allows her father to leech off
her and constantly disrespect her husband and constantly put her
children in danger, but she relentlessly idolises him and puts soothing
her own abandonment issues with a terrible man over her and family's
wellbeing. It's also worth noting that the marriage was far more stable
before she allowed her father back into her life, which does not say
good things about her allowing her father to turn her against her own
husband, someone who chose to stay with her, for his own reasons, but
neverless was far more a stable figure in her life then her father.

Jerry is pathetic, but Beth is a complete mess of a woman. It's
easier to sneer and condescend and bully Jerry with her father then it
is to take a good look at herself. The woman needs someone to feel
superior to: her brittle ego has built up this precarious balance and
its foundation is having her notoriously selfish and unreliable father
(who btw isn't even her father as we all know) in her life and needing
someone to victimise. Remove any of the foundations for her day to day
functioning, and you'll see her come crashing down like a house of cards
in a stiff breeze.

The head guy was British user

As if until now the show was scientifically accurate and consistent. Episode was clearly bad, but you're just reaching at this point.

looked up the writer
Hardly a self insert
Not even the same race

She didn't talk him down
She just offered a different opinion. If you actually watched the episode you'd realise how stupid you're being

Fair point however each episode has a grounding point. It makes sense, most of the time the show gets away with Rick handwaving and saying "science beyond your comprehension". Dude has megaseeds up his butt okay?

But being able to build an entire exoskeleton AND assembly line in under an hour, as a pickle, with a cockroaches hands and no thumbs of any kind is reaching.

I think you're all taking this shit way too seriously.

I did actually watch the episode...how else would I know about that scene?

>crazy nonsensical shit happens in a cartoon
>kid on Sup Forums gets upset about this

Came back to Sup Forums after a 4 month hiatus and this was in the first page. Never change, Sup Forums autists!

to be fair, at the end i shows that rick and his daughter are pieces of shit that will never change while the two kids were the ones thinking therapy was good

pickle riick holy fuck this episode had me in tears
who comes up with this its so random and so out there
r&m is shaping up to be one of the best shows of all time

>Rick and Morty's writing gets better and better
>each episode tackling various social and philosophical issues
>characters are getting more intricate
>Sup Forums neckbeards have to step-up their criticisms of the show, improving the strength of their arguments
>they are getting obsessed with convincing everybody that rick and morty sucks and is a reddit show
>they realize along the way that the show is actually quite solid
>they start loving the show but get mad at their inner conflict; they must be contrarian
>their identity is in shambles. "Maybe... I am reddit after all?"

Only white culture hates rick and morty

wtf are you talking about?

>putinshills are this stupid

Not him, but I'm guessing he's referring to how the rats were able to break through metal bars.

Are these guys jews? I understand jews have a weird fascination with toilet humor... So what is the reason behind their obsession with things like shitting on the floor, and eating poop?

Because people like you get mad when they get called out for thier gross behavior.I know alot of shit eaters, and your not fooling anyone.

Save your breath. This board is incapable of understanding anything with any level of subtlety. That's why there's so many "Reddit & Memey!" posts, because that's what it appears to be as on the very surface level to a casual viewer lacking in both attention and understanding.

Rick is supposedly the biggest nihilist and atheist in the universe, yet when he's about to die he prays to god, and he repeatedly puts himself in danger to protect his family that he claims to be indifferent towards.

And in S3E2, all Sup Forums had to say about Summer was "YAAAS QUEEN! Girl power!", ignoring the fact that she wasn't supposed to be viewed as some feminist rolemodel in the episode. Her behavior was irrational and dangerous, and she was lashing out self destructively as a way to cope with her parent's divorce.
And the irony of the episode was that despite Summer rebelling against her parents, she ends up becoming them in the end, bringing home groceries while her boyfriend sits at home watching TV, an obvious parallel to Beth and Jerry.

Sup Forums just looks at the show like babby's first nihilistic crisis, but to me the show is about finding meaning in a chaotic universe. With fart jokes.

I think Dan Harmon said it best: youtube.com/watch?v=de2grEPn7rg

t. reddit

How reddit of you

Then why did Summer succeed and bring a net positive by gaining the glowy rock rather than failing and actually putting them in serious danger?

this post is literally copy&pasted from reddit

No it's not you fucking moron, I typed it myself

>People writing essays about why a show is smart, Reddit, the greatest of all time, the worst ever, hunting down plotholes and basically doing everything that isn't sitting down and watching some fucking cartoons

you've already been exposed 'tard. your damage control just makes you look more pathetic

DANNY FUCKING TREJO

Maybe you could drop the reddit boogeyman spiel and we could have an actual conversation. I stated my opinion and the only response you could come up with was "reddit!"
I don't even use reddit, but you on the other hand seem to be obsessed with it.

damage control

>I know alot of shit eaters

They say it takes one to know one... so if you know alot of shit eaters, you must eat a lot of shit. I really do wish you queers would get back in the closet.

pickle rick wasnt as good as I hoped for, but it was still waaaay better than ep 2

Seriously.

Everyone eats shit in some form or another you fucking moron

I think pickle rick said it best when he said IT'S PICKLE RIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

youtu.be/MhpkLe8kdcE
PICKLE RICK IS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT
EVERYBODY JUST HAVE A GOOD TIME

t. shit eater

Go back to New York Jared

>Seasons 1 and 2: not a single female writer

>Season 3: 3 out 4 episodes so far written by women

Season 4: written by a dynamic duo of Lena Dunham&Amy Schumer, all male characters completely sidelined, emasculated and humiliated, Beth and Summer take over the show, constantly joke about their periods and promiscuity, while ironically deconstructing patriarchal tropes.

it's very shallow, plus if you are still impressed by edgy whining shit like the one coming from Rick you are still an underage teen idiot and should kys or stop coming here.

live.cookie.me.uk/thingolus
streaming in 3 minutes mates!

>Redux of X GON GIVE IT TO YA with Beth/Summer beating and killing Putin, Trump, Pewdiepie and Milo

Are you retards seriously forgetting the worst part?

>Rick saws through metal fucking bars using a cockroaches leg

WHY NOT HAVE THE BAR BE NATURALLY LOOSE? WHY DO SOMETHING SO RETARDED?

I TURNED MY MEME INTO BUTTHURT MORTY

THEY'RE BUTTHURT MORTYYYYYYYYY

Has anybody commented about how she basically ripped off tiny rick?

>written by women
>heavily features therapy
Write what you know, eh?

wtf i browse /r/theredpill now

did you see the corrosion on those bars? A pack of rats were able to bust right through it.

lol i like that the action sequences are generating so much autism

Therapy and psychology is the lazy brains science. They can't handle definite values so they base their work on feelings.

what a euphoric take on the subject

I see what you did there

I don't care that the family is going to therapy but don't make the therapist a mind reader with zero flaws who quips at Rick with no comeuppance after he makes fun of her profession. Everything about the therapist just screamed writer self-insert.

>Everything about the therapist just screamed writer self-insert
to you, because you don't like women and think that we as the audience are supposed to share rick's worldview

Yeah no shit, she totally deconstructed old Rick written by FILTHY MALES. Too bad her contract does not allow to write this chauvinistic pig off the show.

But Rick is not supposed to be a role model. His hypocritical, dual nature is the point of his character. He's an atheist who prays to god, a genius mechanic capable of amazing feats, and yet a pathetic alcoholic who can't cope with his own life. One minute he'll be destroying galaxies, the next he'll be trying to connect with his family. Rick is basically bipolar disorder personified. The viewer is intended to be impressed by his technical feats, sure, but nearly every other aspect of his character is something to be reviled.

>Sup Forums constantly mocks rick's nihilism
>switches instantly to passionately defending it when it is challenged by MUH FEEMAYL THERAPIST WRITTEN BY MUH FEEMAYL WRITER

I like to think Rick didn't say anything back to the therapist after her long speech in the end but because he was in so much pain that he just kinda zoned out

>character constantly contradicts himself
>he's supposed to be a hypocrite! that's the point!

wow sure is deep

and if it wasnt like that, you'd just say the characters were boring and one dimensional

that's why people who create things just create them instead of worrying about trying to please every stupid dickhead with them

I don't like Rick, he's an asshole and Beth needs to stop being a dipshit and see that. But in very early episodes Rick froze and shattered some random kid and in the previous he stole the power source of a budding civilization for shits and giggles. Why is he just sitting there letting somebody in a profession he doesn't even respect psychoanalyze him? It's weirdly out of character.

KEKE
good KEK my fellow pede
meme MAGIC IS REAL
HOLY SHIT TAKE THIS TO THE TOP
POST YOUR RAREST PEPES
LIBKEKS BTFO ONCE AND FOR ALL

>prays to god

God is a metaphor for "factors beyond his control", as it is in any case of "no atheists in foxholes".

Then he shoulda made a quip about that, like "ugh, remind me to never turn myself into a pickle again"

but they ARE boring now

this is why you people arent writers

>you people
good evening reddit

all of the people who call this show edgy, babby, immature, memey, reddit, underage, shallow, etc... are just brainlet teenagers and/or u21's who are desparate to prove their intellectual superiority and maturity. not to say this show doesn't have plenty of faults, it can be pretty shitty at times, but jesus christ the teenage contrarian hivemind is so obvious

racist fck

Daily reminder that there are people in this very thread who literally think that this show didn't turn to shit

what do they not hate women? so bluepilled XD

The April's Fool episode was so great, the season started really well. The last two episodes are the worst of the series, how did that happen?

Women are biologically destined to mediocrity. There are smart women, but no brilliant ones. That's just a fact, not hatred.

By sheer coincidence there episodes are the first in the history of this show that are written by females.

It didn't. It was always shit.

I actually liked the mad max episode. pickle rick wasn't as good as I was expecting though. but that might just be because I got too spoiled by the previews on youtube

the writer of this shitty episode had to go on for two minutes to explain how cats think pickles are snakes.

>two minutes
you mean a single line of dialogue?

Holy shit you're pathetic.

does it hurt to be reminded of the stupid way you people talk?

>WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA I KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE TO YOU IZZY, BUT I'M NOT A SNAKE. I'VE SEEN THE YOUTUBE VIDEOS, I KNOW CATS ARE SCARED OF CUCUMBERS AND PICKLES BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY'RE SNAKES. I'M NOT A SNAKE!

Sure sounds like a single line of dialogue, Jessica. How about none at all, you talentless cunt?

I am only waiting to see how the "evil" morty arc progresses. That was the only thing that kinda hooked me up to this shit show. I hope they dont fuck it up.