Red vs. Blue

How are you guys enjoying season 14 of RvB? They just put out another episode today, and it's the 300th one. Thought it warranted a thread.

The anthology format for this run has been interesting, but also kind of a mix bag I think. The Felix and Locus episodes were fantastic, and I really enjoyed the set up arc to how things got started in Blood Gulch. The Funhaus episodes weren't so strong in my book though, and some of the oneshots have been hit or miss. The Death Battle one was nice, but stuff like Grey vs. Gray I could do without.

Hoping season 15 picks up where 13 left off.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Rj3VZNgUfE&list=PL2vBnPCQT4WIMtDw9D59K06rc2StPOcYF&index=11
youtu.be/8nTZ8Fsht9U
youtu.be/mMnvEt4a7ig
youtube.com/watch?v=3STqaOTt4dU
youtube.com/watch?v=pipVsgr0YE4
youtu.be/a7SSL1Lmozs
youtu.be/m0_N1qpr4ms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Episode 300 is a musical, by the way.

Take this Sup Forums shit out of here, faggot.

Red vs. Blue is a cartoon, user.

--MODS
MODS
ODS
DS
S

Felix and Locus was pretty fantastic.

Apart of me is hoping that we get an episode that shows off freelancers that weren't on the Director's scoreboard. Since Flowers in case of death was supposed to be replaced by another agent but Vic fucked up

youtube.com/watch?v=3Rj3VZNgUfE&list=PL2vBnPCQT4WIMtDw9D59K06rc2StPOcYF&index=11

100% original animation.

Didnt miles say we would never find out what happened after the end of 13

FUCK OFF

From what I understand, 15 is supposed to carry on from where 13 left off.

We might not see the direct aftermath of the escape though.

rude post

Flowers fucked it up by short circuiting Vic.

Tthey were pretty thorough in covering all the little stuff like that.

I think they only did Season 14 the way they did because they wanted the ending to actually have weight to it instead of just "eh, wait a few months and all our heroes will be just fine." Delaying the outcome by about two years makes the ending a lot more interesting even though them making it out alive is an inevitability if we have more seasons.

Not but their point is more
>freelancers are alive to replace flowers in case of emergency
>ergo freelancers are off doing shit waiting to be called in for the job
>what are those freelancers up to i wonder

That and there were probably some things worth clearing up with prequel episodes.

I mean they were sitting on that 2D animated short for years, and it wasn't ever 'officially' released. They actually managed to incorporate it as canon through season 14.

I find it odd that Sup Forums isn't big on RvB. It seems like the type of thing to have a regular general.

about 10 years ago whenever my friend came over he would spend hours watching this on my computer

fuck him, fuck this unfunny garbage, and fuck your thread

I know you miss your friend user, but that's no reason to take it out on the show.

I think people are just really confused as to whether machinima is Sup Forums or Sup Forums so neither brings it up out of assuming it's not relevant. The last time I saw a RvB thread it was pruned by mods so clearly someone doesn't think it's Sup Forums.

Oh but when I make a RvB thread it gets deleted! Meanwhile Overwatch threads are untouched!

Overwatch threads get deleted a lot, they usually just get to 200+ posts before a mod does something.

I don't know why a RvB thread would get deleted. There's nothing about it that isn't Sup Forums.

Funny how faggots are crying to the mods about how RvB shouldn't be posted here, yet we have dozens of Sup Forums capeshit thread daily.

He can always make new friends.

youtu.be/8nTZ8Fsht9U

Well the thing is, RvB especially isn't just machinima. From season eight and on, it's featured full on original CG.

Season 14 especially has had CG, 2D animation, stop-motion, and even live-action.

Hey, I'm not the guy you need to convince.

youtu.be/mMnvEt4a7ig

How do you guys feel about the action in the post-Monty seasons?

stopped watching after blood gulch chronicals ended

The first five seasons are really great, but I think the ones after it are just as good, if in a different way.

I never liked the mo-cap animation so Monty leaving didn't make things notably better or worse for me.

I'm not inherently against them but I just never thought they looked good.

as one who hated seasons 9 and 10, I'm enjoying less action.

My question being will we return to a real story for season 14, or is that gonna be it?

>Monty leaving

Fucking shit dude, Monty didn't leave, he DIED from an allergic reaction because his wife wanted a cat, which he was allergic to.

I'm pretty sure season 15 is gonna pick up where 13 left off, they're just taking a break with 14, and filling in some plot holes, while doing quirkier stuff on the side.

There's definitely been a bit less action, but from what I've seen, I think I enjoy what's there a little more. Monty's stuff was really floaty and felt like these characters weighed nothing, while the new stuff doesn't.

I mean... dying is leaving.

Didn't he already leave by season 11? I thought he was working on RWBY by then?

You ever wonder why we're here?

This.

What did you guys think of the more heavy metal style music from the Freelancer seasons compared to folky alternative kind of stuff from all the others?

youtube.com/watch?v=3STqaOTt4dU

youtube.com/watch?v=pipVsgr0YE4

I preferred Trocadero and 'Flying by Wire' is a 10/10 album.

I think I might prefer Ghosts That Linger a little bit more.

youtu.be/a7SSL1Lmozs

havnt seen rvb since like season 5. is it worth catching up on?

It changes genres. First five seasons are pure comedy, while season six and above turn into a dramedy.

If you can just accept that fact, and not be turned off by it, I think it's really good. There's still humor, but there's a more solidified plot thread going through everything, and characters change and develop.

Church in particular goes through a lot, and I appreciate most of the things done with his character.

Can burnie not do vic properly anymore? I haven't watched RvB since like season 6

Eh, a guy's voice can change over eight years. Though I think he sounds a little different in that episode there.

youtu.be/m0_N1qpr4ms

More recent voice for comparison.

no... please...

everything was wrapped up in a nice, neat little bow.

Just let it die, RT. They all grew from their little shit existance in blood gultch in a legitimate, cohesive squad. They went from nothings to something great.

Please, RT. Don't continue them. Don't love them.

Forget them.

I'd agree with this if there weren't like, three places in the series where I thought an ending would work, and the quality overall still didn't drop.

I thought the last three seasons have been some of the best.

The machinima stuff is probably an unfortunate turn off for some people. Also the fact that it's based off Halo (though you don't really need to know shit about it to enjoy the show).

back the fuck up:

how is this going on for fourteen seasons??

I never bothered watching because I never played Halo but is it all set within the Halo universe with some vidya references? How does that go on for fourteen seasons??

It's set in the Halo universe, but it's separate enough t that you don't need to know a single thing about it.

And it's kept going by changing formats, directors, story techniques.

First five seasons are a serialized comedy. Humor kind of reminds me of Archer, if you ever watched, and it covers an entire saga.

Seasons 6-8, 9-10, and 11-13 are further new stories that add in more characters, and develop on previous ones, as well as kind of shift in genre. Starting at season 8, they being incorporating original CG and animation, and that's kind of what makes it Sup Forums in the first place.

There's pretty consistent character development all around, too.

Season 1, they're losers.

Season 13, they're losers, but also galaxy-renowned heroes who've thwarted conspiracies and cataclysmic events.

They've also gone through several directors.

Burnie Burns, Money Oum, and now we're on Miles Luna.

Luna's been doing a pretty good job, I feel.

Im sorry op.

The series may be 14 now

But i have not been 14 for a long time

They've always said that as long as people want more RvB, they'll make more RvB. Judging by this thread, people still want more RvB so...