Why did they have an axe?

why did they have an axe?

>Same principle as a condom. I'd rather have one and not need it, than need it and not have one.

Same reason why people use pen and paper instead of a tablet.

Why would you need a condom?

So I don't get AIDS from your mom.

correction: Space Axe

to cut wHEAT

Okay I get they might need an axe, but why is it curved wrong?

space trees

to cut through things?.... iv never understood why this is such a problem... how is an axe going to become obsolete in the next hundred or so years if they have been around pretty much since the beginning

>metal doors
>here's an axe in case of emergency
really makes me think

Why wouldn't you bring an axe? It's a useful tool.

This always bugged me cause she's clearly a dyke.

what if... and try to follow me on this one... they arrive at a planet, about which they know nothing and need to cut through something like a branch or a vine etc or anything else less durable than metal or rock

those movies werent very good but complaining about having an axe is probably the dumbest possible criticism

Why is the axe so weird?

>le futuristic axe
what we have to look forward too

Space axe was the least thing wrong with this movie.
A better discussion would be why it was in that room which is supposed to be a habitat living space.

Also speaking of things that annoyed me in this movie, why the FUCK didn't they park the ship closer? They managed to get within 0.5 km of what they were looking for on their first try, and they couldn't have bothered landing the ship closer to the alien temple

I can understand the reasoning as to why they wanted to have shaw fight the alien dude with the axe, but surely an axe wouldnt belong in the place she found it. She was got it from the hallway storage if I recall, which is a pretty weird place for an axe.

emergency circumcision

Fuckin burned.

To open cryo chambers when their captain is on fire

Are these movies canon?

You don't understand visual storytelling.

Mechanical advantage to help pry open a door I assume.

space trees

To harvest the space wheat, because they don't have scythes in the future.