Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/tvclub/rick-gets-and-pickle-rick-and-morty-259099
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Harmon#.22Story_embryo.22_technique
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WHA-URPPP WHAT WENT WRONG

>avclub.com/tvclub/rick-gets-and-pickle-rick-and-morty-259099
Of all the things to lie about.

This settles it.

All the ironic shitposting is now vindicated. Pickle Rick really IS kino.

>shilling on Sup Forums doesn't make your shit good
Makes you think.

>shilling

how nu r u?

>everyone hates the new season
>p*ckle rick suddenly gets massive push on here, plebbit, msm news sites, etc.
Pure coincidence.

oh that was a great episode
you wrote the hell outta that script asian lady writer good job

Imagine being this dumb

>AV club
who?

Nobody believes you shill. It's over.
You have to go back.

truly ebin

t. brainlet

you're not answering the question

For real speaking as a person who enjoys Reddit and Memey that was not an A Episode.

The Psychiatrists monologue was straight up boring and didn't have anything memorable or insightful to say to the characters. And saying "LOL that's the point that's why Beth mocks it" is just a cop out.

Pickle Rick killing Rats followed by doing a full Die Hard-style parody was mindlessly entertaining but the B-Plot as often with this show straight up sucked.

>comedy show
>not a single joke
>A

really gets the neurons firing

the show portrays rick as a hero and then attempts to deflate him using the psych's spot-on criticism of him, but it can't keep having it both ways.

calling it now, the show will get increasingly self aware of its existence as a cartoon and start critiquing the audience for buying into rick "winning"

HEY MORTY I TURNED MYSELF INTO A CHUBBY LEG

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT

this show is basically the best example of a victim of its own success

what should have been a dumb cartoon with whacky bullshit going on that doesnt matter and thats fine and good has become something that autistic college nerds analyse and dissect like there's something that needs to be analysed and dissected

imagine you told a fart joke that was so funny some fucking retard from harvard and yale started writing a thesis about your fart joke

i feel sorry for the creators of this show for that, but theyre making good money so it evens out i suppose

>something that autistic college nerds analyse and dissect like there's something that needs to be analysed and dissected
Welcome to modern nerd/geek culture. Everything needs recaps, dissections, analyses, and internet articles explaining it.

The AV Cuck Club will give every episode of this season an A, not because of quality but because of muh female writers. That being said this episode did deserve the grade it got.

This is my main issue. This isn't the first time someone's ripped Rick's complex in half, and every single time it's happened he's gone back to being the same old jackass. It's a show that leans heavily on continuity for shit like Beth and Jerry's divorce but won't ever let Rick develop as a character. He gets away with everything because he's written to be too smart not to. Even when the last season finale seemed to show him develop as a character and realize how unfair it is that he allows his adventure/death seeking lifestyle to endanger his family, the next season completely turns it around to being "ALL PART OF THE PLAN WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB." They can talk about how much of a piece of shit he is and how he wants to die or whatever but at the end of the day, he's still doing the same shit he did in the first episode and it's made abundantly clear that there's nobody who can stop him and those smart enough to see through him aren't capable of doing anything about it. And I bet they'll have some no-name come in and preach all this shit this season or the next only for Rick to completely ignore that, too.

I still enjoy the show because I think it's fun to watch, but if you're here for the story you've already fucked up. This show is just a prime example of how boring consistent Nihilism can be.

>be Justin Roiland
>design a bunch of memorable and funny characters and think up tons of hilarious adventures for them to go on
>get show hijacked by the other creator that wants to stuff his bullshit life and marriage problems into your show like he does everything he creates

seriously
fucking seriously

wrong, it's women

>written by women
>heavily features therapy
Write what you know, eh?

>if we dont hire more women i'm quitting and also cancelling the show Justin
>i know this is the most profitable thing youll ever do in your entire life, and will pay for your grandchildrens lives, but for me this is just post-community shekels, and ill burn it to the ground if you dont do exactly as i want
t. fat nutcase

>making this post in every rick and morty thread
you really are proud of yourself, inexplicably

>everyone hates the new season
no, only you bitter internet virgins who decided to not like it before seeing any of it because muh women writers that disagree with my politics (even though the male ones did too)

Justin Roildand is stuck in an abusive relationship

That is photoshopped right?

poor dude

A+ episode. 10 new threads PER HOUR on Sup Forums and universal praise from critics. The ladies knocked it out of the park and you know it. No animated show other than the premiere of Samurai Jack got this much response in years.

I agree with you holt shit.

I bet you also read 1984 because we're both awoke af

>if you didn't like this unfunny pile of shit episode that makes you a virgin

so why dont you tell us what your first thought was when you heard about the female writers?

I've disliked last two episodes, they seemed little bit off and boring

First one was alright though

There's plenty of jokes though. Maybe not the "Sam Hyde" style of jokes that you're used to. You know. The unfunny ones.

>people photoshopping reviews, dissecting the physics of the action sequences, sperging about women writers, making 8 paragraph essays about why the show is reddit
>"b-but YOU'RE the mad ones!!1"

i thought meddling with a product that already works because you need to cater to nutcase fuckheads would be a dumb decision cause im not a nutcase fuckhead and i was proven right

MDE fans vs Rick and Morty fans

I gotta get me one of these

>WOMEN?!
>THEY MUST ONLY BE THERE FOR DIVERSITY
>WOMEN AREN'T FUNNY, MY HERO CHRISTOPHER HITCHENS TOLD ME SO

What does Dan Hermon do on the show?

haha hey it's an image that's been posted a million times before

comedic genius, thanks Sam

lol nope, definitely not a bitter virgin. you've completely and utterly shut down that assertion by the way you call hiring female writers "catering to nutcase fuckheads". i'm sure you have lots of female friends and your relationship with your mom is totally healthy

>could have been a fun episode with Rick making various traps and slowly upgrading his Pickle Body into something massive
>nah fill it with boring pseudo-intellectual monologue scenes

no problem senpai

Name a funny woman

>>could have been a fun episode with Rick making various traps and slowly upgrading his Pickle Body into something massive

That was literally half the episode

Nah they stopped after he got the rat parts. I would have liked him to have gone further and got bigger body parts.

My girlfriend

Oh, sorry.

This is literally the only valid complaint with this show.

Damn, I missed it last night. Does anyone have a link?

>I would have liked him to have gone further and got bigger body parts.

Why? Are you autistic?

>we're already making this comedy funny what do we need to make it even funnier? WOMEN

you could meddle with it anyway you wanted and it'd never improve the product, only the original writers will ever have the tone of the original season

lol

gets jewish executives to give him money because he made other successful things

cant trust the actual funny creator of the show Justin, hes not "in with the tribe" to to speak (literally)

it's not really a valid complaint though because people don't stop being shitty just because you confront them with the fact that they're being shitty. also it's still early in the season and i definitely think they're going somewhere with rick's character arc

>only the original writers will ever have the tone of the original season

It's the same tone, and besides that's not a problem caused by women.

He made a laser powered by AA batteries. He wasn't going to get much bigger as a pickle anyway.

what they should've done is made it a 22 minute epic stand-alone ass kicking pickle adventure

>this is on Harmon's wikipedia page
>he probably put it there himself
>it's an entire section on a series of blogposts he did which just describes what children are taught in english literature class
>this is apparently genius

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Harmon#.22Story_embryo.22_technique

I think we found the "reddit" problem in the show's production

this

I don't get why they had to shoehorn in the family counseling narrative and the Mary Sue therapist.

its a problem when you decide that you need new writers and then decide they need to be women

but you win, women are funny, and its only by some stroke of sexist injustice that women didnt create the show

>This show is just a prime example of how boring consistent Nihilism can be.
Huh...

>its a problem when you decide that you need new writers

It's a problem to get new writers when the old ones aren't available or have quit? No you're right, the show should write itself

its just sexist that women didnt get create a popular product

and the writers werent pushed out by some fat retard with a SJW mindset that made the working environment toxic like he did on Community

thank god they were able to shoe horn themselves in via a fat retard who cant help but suck sjw cock

Women ruined the show, take the red pill

>and its only by some stroke of sexist injustice that women didnt create the show

>women only receive freedom of agency in the past 50 years
>OMG SEE THEY HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING MEN WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG THEY DESERVE NOTHING

i get that they were trying to balance the action with something
but the the pickle action was just so damn good, they should've just focused all on that

asdasda

I'll ruin your show in a minute you gay cunt

>but the the pickle action was just so damn good,

Is this a joke? It wasn't even funny

If you don't understand the purpose of the contrast between the action scenes and the therapy scenes, you should just kill yourself

>Rick and Morty co-creators Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon spoke about the lack of women both on their show and in the cartoon space in general last year. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Roiland joked that they didn’t have women in the writers room because it made his "wee-wee feel weird." The co-creator was lambasted with angry tweets and in a follow up interview a year later, fellow co-creator Harmon said that they had plans on hiring more female writers, but he didn’t want to force it.

JUST
LET
SJW
CUNTS
INFECT
EVERY
COMEDY
SPACE
SENPAI

I bet Dan Harmon took out the real big black dildo on his little boipussy neg hole for making such a sexist joke. Little white boy got pozzed for that sexism. Here comes the female writer signed dildo white boi.

>he didn't giggle watching a pickle-man fucking destroy everything in his path
it was savage

To dumb to to understand Rick and Morty

>ex dee fucking epic bro

It was shit

>In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Roiland joked that they didn’t have women in the writers room because it made his "wee-wee feel weird."

Wow, that's actually amusing

You think the sexism from decades ago limited the ability of some axewounds in creating Rick and Morty a few years ago? Awkward

>IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE IT'S A PICKLE RICK EPISODE

>HAHHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHH
theres something pathetic & desperate about all of these threads

Women have had freedom of agency for this period of time and have hardly created anything good with it

yiiikes

why do men do this? THEY make something thats good and when it gets really successful they bring women in who will of course ruin it because women are neither funny nor creative. is it because they're a bunch of betas? like they think it will lead to sexual favor? is that why they do it?

no i get it contrast. it was just majorly disappointing to cut back to that
anything would've been better, a jerry story would've been better

agree to disagree faggot. violence, blood and guts is always a win for me

Dan Harmon is the poison that infests this show.

>Roiland says he wants to make an episode where Rick turns into a PICKLE, and he has crazy SCHEMES and ACTION SEQUENCES
>Harmon fills in the blanks by making the entire thing about avoiding a therapy session with his family and muh deep psychological drama

Roiland is everything you laugh at, Harmon is everything you call Reddit.

you're a retard

it was fun

> i get that they were trying to balance the action with something

The something they chose to balance it with was pretty gay though. I think the earlier cut aways to the dad generally failing at life or the school life of the kids was more interesting.

Putting in the therapist character was just dumb and I hate the fact that she got one over on Rick in the end with "muh ebin perceptiveness" rolled up in a gay little life lesson about work/intelligence. There have been moments in the series that have been poignant and tinged with morality but this one came off as really heavy handed.

One of them is the poster boy for beta SJW males. The other is Justin.

Name a single civilisation built by women.

>le edgy nihlistic redditor

is this post a parody?

well

why did she do it?

Am I the only one who didn't think it was that bad?

where can i buy this

@86035536
>>le edgy nihlistic redditor

>is this post a parody?

She wasn't into pegging