Zim seemed smart and especially deadly and destructive, even for an Irken

Zim seemed smart and especially deadly and destructive, even for an Irken.

Why was he so shit as an invader?

Other urls found in this thread:

zim.wikia.com/wiki/Irken_Defective
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not trying to even sound memeing, but i think he was autistic. Think about it
>shorter then average
>extreme anger
>prone to violance
>prideful
>bad at social skills, even with his own kind
>gets to involved in his own destruction to even think clearly

he wasn't a weapon to point and aim at a target, he caused destruction all around him.

Zim was smart, but he used his intelligence for the most dumbest of things and his arrogance and boasting got him in trouble more often than not.

Also, just because he was destructive didn't make him a good invader. He's the one that single handedly stopped Impending Doom I and made the fires worse. He also killed two Tallests.

He wasn't meant to be an invader. His talents laid in weapons development and outright destruction, but his ego wouldn't let him take orders from anyone that wasn't a Tallest and the only role in his society that fit the bill was being an Invader.

He was the only survivor on the deadly boot camp planet.

zim.wikia.com/wiki/Irken_Defective

Had the episode The Trial aired, it would've shown Zim has free will compared to the other Irkens and as such uses his free will to make horrible, horrible decisions.

Invaders are for espionage and weakening the defenses of a planet so the big guns have an easier time

Zim wasn't particularly stealthy

That and he is an absolute shit team player

Zim is the guy you should throw at a random planet alone, keep far away from you, and watch the fireworks as he causes mass destruction all around him.

Thwy all showed signs of free will, they werent all brainless slaves.

He is smart, but lacked common sense, discipline, focus and any true tactical knowledge. Many of his near-victories relied upon him being up against incompetent enemies or sheer luck.

Because it was funny

I think that was the joke. He's completely insane and dangerous yet he's completely inept of taking over Earth. Don't get the wrong idea, he's tried and even came close a couple of times. Yet his plans always end in his own mistakes or someone like Gir or Dib fucking it up for him. He also wastes his energy on other shit like sending children into a dimension that's nothing but a room with a moose, figuring out who threw a muffin at him at skool, or just being a lazy fuck at times.

Did he kill the prior Tallest?

It'd ruin the plot if he was any good

Not rrreally. Everyone but Zim served the empire exactly as they were told. Zim clearly did not, as he destroyed Operation Impending Doom I.

The real IZ lore question here is Why was someone as tall as Sizlor made to be the Irken equivalent of a McDonalds Manager? My theory is that it was punishment for some milder fuckup.

So with and in mind, that Zim is defective in some way, what do you think would happen if he outgrew the Tallest while on Earth?

Would the other Irken recognize him as a leader? Would he be a good leader? Would he be a better leader than Red and Purple at least?

>Zim seemed smart and especially deadly and destructive, even for an Irken.

Here's the problem: your average invader was designed to destroy planets in mere days. Even the shortest invader, whom the tallest made fun of prior to Zim, conquered a whole planet of rabid flesh eating monsters BY HIMSELF.

All Zim had to do, in the meantime, was subjugate a bunch of hairless monkeys. He couldn't even do that.

Well if you think about it, in Irken culture fast food and consumerism are very important. I think his job would actually be regarded as a fairly high-esteem job.

Good point, I didn't think of that. The job does seem to be coralling idiots and the dude fucking hates it though. I'd think being that tall means you could get a less nervewracking job, however.

Yeah I could see it being a respected position, but a hard job that not many people would actually enjoy. So maybe you're right, maybe he made some blunder, or pissed someone off, and got landed with it.

Because he's unfocused, lazy, petty, impossible to work with, socially inept, generally more self-destructive than he is destructive.

Youve just described Sup Forums

But Sup Forums always wins.

How do we know he wont win in the end?

Plus it's a bit of a weird irken role since Sizz-Lor can actually hire people as his staff is composed of a fair-number of employees instead of indebted, re-encoded screw-ups.

Because it ended without him winning.

High INT, low WIS.

The comics are still ongoing, official canon

Red and Purple aren't exactly incompetent. Or at least, Red isn't.

This is a character who, when confronted with the prolem of a slow-motion explosion, decided the best course of action was to bring it back to normal speed that it explodes and is gone forever. Even GIR knew that was a bad idea.

That kind of sums it up.

this

I love that episode, good to see Zim 'win' for once

Actually the most recent comic issue revealed that at some point in time, Zim will eventually take over the earth. So he technically did win.

Zim is surprisingly competent when he gets serious and forced onto the defensive. He actually has a better track record at saving the earth them Dib.

Not directly, but yeah. He fucked-up in the tasks that he was supposed to do and those fuck-ups ended killing the prior Tallests.

I always liked how one of the series' gags was that Zim was much more competent being a hero than a villain. He still managed to destroy things in his path tho, like it was shown in the Planet Jackers episode.

why does Sup Forums try to decipher everything, it's just supposed to be funny or something

manlet.

What you're describing is what annoyed me in Lilo and Stitch. Outside of a few incidents, that looked unrealistic, the only things Gantu did that were incompetent were think he could go up against a bioweapon that Jumba considered perfected even after losing to it more than once and work for Hamsterveil for more than one interaction after the movie. With everything else I thought:
>Well, what else was he even supposed to do?
and that's what all the other characters call him stupid over.

it's fun, like making a collage

Why do frogposters think they make valuable posts?

Damn this show had good lore, hard to believe it did though considering it's grossly autistic fanbase

Thats what they did though

>omg why are you guys discussing cartoons on the cartoon board

He was smart on a technical level, as in, he could build complex mechanisms.

He just lacked common sense and logical deduction.

Wasn't there some canon in-universe law by the Irken race that stated they have to follow specific rules when conquering a planet? Like they can't kill civilians or something?

I doubt it. I remember in an episode Zim was viewing the progress of other Irken invaders and some of them had the planet in complete shambles, one of them had their planet on fire. i think they conquer them by any means necessary.

>and made the fires worse
Worse, or better?

If he was taller than the tallest he would be the new tallest, regardless of his competency.

High INT, low WIS