Who else agrees he was the best ever Perry White? RIP Chief

Who else agrees he was the best ever Perry White? RIP Chief.

This show had the best Perry White and best Lex Luthor.

And best Lois.

And best Jimmy Olsen.

Lois and Clark was very popular among females, my mom and sister watched all the time.

True, it's weird to think about actually, nowadays comic companies, movie studios, and TV networks are desperate to get more women into superheroes, yet WB did a good job of it in the 90s just by combining superhero action with a standard soap opera/romantic comedy show.

'F'

> yet WB did a good job of it in the 90s just by combining superhero action with a standard soap opera/romantic comedy show.

Man, could you imagine the salt Sup Forums would have if Lois and Clark premiered now?

>SUPERMAN IS HAWAIIAN?!

>IT'S A SOAP OPERA FIRST, COMIC BOOK SHOW SECOND

>WHY DOES LOIS HAVE SO MUCH SCREENTIME SHE'S SUCH A FUCKING MARY SUE

>THESE SPECIAL EFFECTS LOOK LIKE SHIT

>WHY IS THERE SO MUCH ROMANCE

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GOAT

To be fair, that's more or less what WB do now, they just toned down the comedic parts a lot.

You know, I think I'm going to go back and watch the whole thing again, it was a great show.

smallville lex was a bit better

producer made a point to make it girly show first and then superheroes which is even reflected in the name where Lois gets the first billing over Clark

she was fired after season 1 or something and show changed it's cast:

they recast jimmy olsen and removed cat grant because she was too sensual

>which is even reflected in the name where Lois gets the first billing over Clark

I think that's for the Louis and Clarke joke, user.

It also had the best ma and pa kent and I would argue, the best depiction of Clark and jimmy.

>best Pa
>not Smallville
m8

You can't be serious...

nah, Hatcher was a much bigger star than Dean Cain, she deserved the higher billing

>>SUPERMAN IS HAWAIIAN?!
Dean's like a quarter Asian. You can see it, but he can pass for white. And it's not like they made the character Asian to accomidate his ethnicity.
>>IT'S A SOAP OPERA FIRST, COMIC BOOK SHOW SECOND
Yeah, no.
>>WHY DOES LOIS HAVE SO MUCH SCREENTIME SHE'S SUCH A FUCKING MARY SUE
Not a Mary Sue in the show.
>>THESE SPECIAL EFFECTS LOOK LIKE SHIT
Surely if it premiered now they'd be better.
>>WHY IS THERE SO MUCH ROMANCE
When it's don right, we don't care.

DUH!

How would you have resolved that cliffhanger? Where did the baby come from?

>>>IT'S A SOAP OPERA FIRST, COMIC BOOK SHOW SECOND
>Yeah, no
well it is, but only so much as the CW shows are.

Perry White, Perry White,
White I cry,
Full and fair ones
Come and buy

For all the things wrong with that show, the cast was not one of them.

Option 1: It was just a random baby.
Option 2: In the future they figured out how to synthesize Kyryptonian and human DNA and this is they're kid sent from the future.
Option 3: It's a trick.

Morpheus is the best Perry White

Don;t you mean Perry Black?

Don't you mean Perry Black?

That's how comics are anyway, it's one of the reasons why there are so many shows on the CW: they just go hand in hand

Fucking
Based
Tempus

No, he was a shitty reporter and a shitty boss. Perry White is supposed to want investigative reporting, not stupid sports stories

Yes
It's not 1939 anymore user

Smallville Lex was a 25 year old pedophile with the same petty, obsessive billionaire behavior we would have had if they had change the name to Bruce Wayne and giving him a full head of hair.

Smallville Jonathan Kent was the best version of Pa Kent.

L&C were good, except for making Martha a bit too hippie dippy. But they did a good job representing the loving, supporting relationship and clear affection that went both ways.

I mean he can want both.

>Luthor
>Petty, obsessive.

You don't fucking say.

Frank Langella did a FAR superior Perry than Fishbourne.

>did he -
>2005

fuck's sake

F

>I mean he can want

Nah - that was shitty plot device so that Clark's investigation of the Bat wouldn't get anywhere, or supposed to be Perry's punitive action towards Clark for refusing to do crappy 3-rate story. But since this Clark is just some random hobo who lucked into a job at the Daily Planet for NO REAL REASON (they might as well have had him be a bus boy at Bibbo's, especially since the Daily Planet will likely play NO role in any future, movies, even the NOW BACK ON MoS sequel).

YOU LET ME DOWN GORDON, YOU LET THE TEAM DOWN

>tfw Martha reminds me of my mom

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!!!!