youtube.com/watch?v=kWMoErUnaJ8
youtu.be/XSFWzKalCaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CrXTS10h2WI
youtu.be/Io_bQRDOiOk?list=PLxI2Q0ouLP6fNdoeOj36oe-SvgFEspbqu
youtu.be/GE6WpMQS6I8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

mods pin this post pls

Yes, please.

The terrible conditions in that original suit are legendary. That man deserves the props for bringing the big G to life.

F

godzillruh is fucking dead?

Has any suit actor in movie and tv history suffered more for their art than this guy?

But is it fair to say anyone else can do his job and nobody would notice the difference

I mean if we look down upon iron man and modern day actors using stunt double and CGI make up shouldn't we apply the same standard on this guy

>Japanese actor Haruo Nakajima, who played iconic movie monster Godzilla across 12 films through the 1950s and 70s, has died at the age of 88. Considered one of the best to suit up as the city-bothering kaiju, the actor also appeared in Akira Kurosawa classic Seven Samurai.

>Born in 1929, Nakajima's career began at the age of 33 in Sword for Hire, before roles in The Woman Who Touched the Legs, Eagle of the Pacific, Farewell Rabaul and then Seven Samurai in 1954.

>That same year he played the title role in the very first Godzilla film. He didn't know it at the time, but the role would make him a bonafide legend of cinema.

>He went on to play the role again in 12 consecutive sequel as well as playing fellow towering beasties Rodan, Mothra and King Kong.

>After his first outing, Nakajima played Gojira again in Godzilla Rides Again, King Kong vs Godzilla, Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster, Invasion of the Astro-Monster, Godzilla vs the Sea Monster, Son of Godzilla, Destroy All Monsters, All Monsters Attack and Godzilla vs Hedorah.

>His last appearance as the character came in 1972's Godzilla vs Gigan before a final film appearance in disaster movie Tidal Wave.

>Later in his career Nakajima made appearances at a string of fan conventions celebrating the various movie monsters he brought to the big screen. A biography about his life on film was released in 2010.

>Godzilla has had an enduring legacy on the big screen, with his most recent outing, Shin Godzilla, releasing last year under original studio Toho. The last Hollywood outing was in 2014, with a sequel currently in production.

>The new film will depict Godzilla's fight against Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah, of which Nakajima played the former two and fought the latter on screen as the great lizard. In 2020 Hollywood's new Godzilla will clash with the new King Kong introduced in this year's reboot, Skull Island.

>Earlier this year Nakajima was interviewed about his time as Godzilla, in web series Great Big Story. In the video (embedded below) he explains how he researched for the role and how the costume he wore weighed an incredible 100kg

I know what I'm watching this week.

RIP
respect for his dedication

Just because you only ever saw the costume doesn't mean he didn't help bring the creature to life. He deserves his credit because he was the one in the suit, and not someone else.

hang yourself

R.I.P Haruo

Have yet to watch Seven Samurai and his other famous movies. Those original suits were something else...

Almost all of Godzilla's body language were all from Nakajima himself. He also suffered unbelievable physical torture in some of his roles like when his crotch was blown up in Varan.

Forgot the video link.

youtube.com/watch?v=_oBNEG8kLfQ

F

F
He was also Gaira/Green Gargantua

Nobody cares for your chinkshit flicks from 50 years ago.

F

Interesting analysis, user. Can you elaborate?

F

RIP in Peace

its neither interesting, nor an analysis, you muppet

gojira is shit and all tokusatsu are pure rubbish

>Born in 1929 Nakajima's career began at the age of 33 in Sword for Hire,
That's 1962? So Godzilla doesn't count?

>Godzilla Rides Again

Hmm, truly stimulating discussion, user. Truly. Can you further elaborate on your other points?

Sword for Hire is 1952.

What did he mean by this?

I bet you're fun at parties

WOoOpO I am the ghost of Haruo Nakajima. I am stuck in limbooo because I was never given a sticky.

I can never know peace until I get oneeee!

F

Mods, please.

youtube.com/watch?v=kWMoErUnaJ8

Sticky this thread mods, please.

RIP

Sticky please.

Make a sticky you cunts

This has been a shit of a year. RIP Gojira.

>he lived to see Shin Godzilla save the franchise in Japan
RIP you legend

F

Interesting. Now user, tell me where did mommy not touch you?

F

>Have yet to watch Seven Samurai
What the fuck are you waiting for?

Care to elaborate?

F

RIP in peace Gojira-sama.

F

come on, mods.

youtu.be/XSFWzKalCaQ

>the costume he wore weighed an incredible 100kg
Imagine how bad it must have been in those scenes where he comes out of, or jumps into the water.

>In the end the Godzilla I played remains on film forever. It remains in people's memory, and for that | feel really grateful.

F

Sticky this

F

>Special effects pioneer dead
>GoT and Rick and Morty are burying this thread
I fucking hate Sup Forums.

I miss when mods enforced the general containment.

RIP godzilla.

[F in moonrunes]
youtube.com/watch?v=CrXTS10h2WI

RIP. Absolute legend. Nobody on this board can go through what he did to make beloved films.

C'mon mods sticky this. He deserves it more than all those GOT and Rick and Morty threads

Thread theme
youtu.be/Io_bQRDOiOk?list=PLxI2Q0ouLP6fNdoeOj36oe-SvgFEspbqu

F

I'll watch Godzilla Returns this night and keep the video from in mind.

Holy fuck these mods suck ass

He wasn't in Returns. If you're looking for one Nakajima was in, he was goji from the original until VS. Gigan.

That's why they got doxed a few weeks ago.

>mods sticky the thread for the dad on Home Alone
>not this

MODS STICKY THIS. HE'S GODZILLA FOR GOD'S SAKE.

If it's not a burger (((celebrity))) they won't move s finger. Bud Spencer's ghost is still waiting for his sticky.

Fucking mods sticky this shit

MAKE A FUCKING STICKY

MODS STICKY NOW

I was here before the sticky also Godzilla is plebshit

>the state of these mods

Off yourself.

Mods please, give this man the respect he deserves. You have my gratitude, Mr. Nakajima.

RIP Zillabro. Your legacy will never die.

this

R.I.P.

F

I didn't ask for this. Godspeed, Haruo.

F

MODS STICKY

I'll cry when Kane Hodder dies

Literally who?

F

Sad news. I was honored to meet him in person.

Where is the fucking sticky, all I see is fucking GoT shit.

Why the fuck this thread isn't sticky yet?
Mods, pin this thread. Give this man the respect he deserve.
Go back to GoT you denegerate cuck.

There's no sticky because mods only care about burger """celebrities""".
When an actually talented guy passes away they don't give a shit.

youtu.be/GE6WpMQS6I8

Sticky this

May you rest in peace, Mr. Nakajima. Thanks for the wild ride.

Never watched Game of Shit in my life, friendo.

>special effects pioneer dead
>"literally who?"
If bait, you got me easily.
If not, you must the the most dumbfuck that I ever saw here.

Thanks for your hard work, Mr Nakajima. I'll be watching King Kong Vs Godzilla tonight.

ITTY BITTY STICKY PLS

F

He also went to the zoo and spent time watching things like elephants to try and find a way of walking that looked fitting for such a large creature without it just looking like a human.

I like him.

Why are people crying for a sticky? A RIP thread doesn't have to be a sticky for us to morn him.

MODS PIN THIS

S T I C K Y
T
I
C
Y

>gook dies
Why should I care?
>h-he was a pioneer
Lmao so were a ton of talentless hacks, being born long enough ago to be a pioneer isn't notable. Is every pilgrim a hero to you? Every caveman who rubbed his shit on the wall?

Grow up

FUCK I MESSED UP

Trying too hard/10.