GET HYPE

GET HYPE

youtube.com/watch?v=Tf4sa0BVJVw

Looks like shit, who is producing this?

>That painful exposition

also want to mention that it has that fucking shitty Man-Of-Steel filter shit. It makes the film look off. Sadly this will fail really fucking hard, i can see it already.

This Power Rangers or something?

Why does it look blurry all the fucking time and the lighting cries dusk or dawn at the fucking same time it's like I'm squinting with my eyes in constant mode.

Also every line they all say Jesus it's like babies first hero movie.

stop shilling this shit. i saw this on here at least twice this week

I love action figures, yet never fucking heard of max steel till a couple years ago. Why the fuck mattel chose this shit instead of a he man film?

Because Max Steel recently had a successful animated TV series followed by five films and He-Man didn't?

Should've stayed a tv show

Its also off-topic

>Max Steel recently had a successful animated TV series

>tfw I liked the two person Max Steel from the original animated series and ignored the new show

Why is nostalgia such a bitch

Why do they put this big a budget into a toy commercial? Also, is this even Sup Forums related?

>Also, is this even Sup Forums related?

Nope, see pic in

This movie is based on the 2013 animated TV show. Now if you want to argue that it's off-topic because the franchise originated as a toy line, then why is Transformers allowed? You don't like Max Steel? Okay, then go away and ignore the thread. But don't act like it doesn't belong on Sup Forums.

>TEEENNNAGE ANGST
>Dad was special!
>And then a robot shows up.
>And everything about the robot is wrong.
>It's design looks like it's from another dimension.
>It sounds like they couldn't get Rob Schneider to play the role and had to ask an intern to do the voice.
>It "hovers", like intensely obviously awful CGI.
>It's dialogue... Christ who wrote this?

>then why is Transformers allowed?

Its not, report non cartoon/comic Transformer threads

>You don't like Max Steel?

I actually do like the original animated serues

>Okay, then go away and ignore the thread.

NO

>But don't act like it doesn't belong on Sup Forums.

Its not for reasons previously stated

toy commercials always get the biggest budget, especially those that get that army sponsorship funbucks

This is a Gem and the Holograms movie level of a flop.

So wait. They took a series based in a war ridden future where the protag uses alien tech to fight back and made it so one guy made it all and gave it his son?

How the fuck, does that even work?

I'd rather have the alien invasion shit.

Plus this is like a dumb ass Ironman rip off except that Max isn't Tony and there's nothing appealing about it other than shit humour and terrible design.

Wouldn't they have been better served making a Max Steel movie in CGI that was just higher quality and budget?

Soak it all in, folks. This is the closest we're ever going to get to a Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle movie.

This looks like it could've been reformed into a Blue Beetle movie.

>More cookie cutter capeshit
Not even worth pirating

But Transformers, G.I. Joe, Street Sharks, Go Bots, He-Man and plenty other classic cartoons were based on toys. Why does Max Steel bother you so much?

>But Transformers, G.I. Joe, Street Sharks, Go Bots, He-Man and plenty other classic cartoons were based on toys

Yeah and the non comic/cartoon thread of those are off-topic and should be reported. Cartoon/Comic threads of those are fine

>Why does Max Steel bother you so much?

Off-Topic Max Steel threads bother me, the 2013 animated series bothers me s well bt at least thats on-topic

It was adapted from a cartoon. it's as Sup Forums as any comicbook movie

>GET HYPE
No, it looks like a Guyver rip-off mashed together with an '80s teen super powers comedy.

Watch as this movie cause the same thing as sausage party and revolutionize the hero genre movies

Maybe taking a brightly-colored comedic-action cartoon and turning it into a brown, no-nonsense action flick heavy on teen self-discovery isn't the best idea.

fuck off Sup Forums

There's potential somewhere in there. The show isn't "good," but it had some good visuals. This just seems like a low budget not-attempt.

>Christ who wrote this?
Chris Yost.

It'll end up just like his New Warriors.
And Thor.
And Thor 2.

I'm getting Transformers vibes from this.

Sword and Sorcery stuff keeps flopping at the box office while generic mech suit Robocop shit doesn't.

That trailer was fucking awful, it spoiled the whole damn movie.

Gotta say, I preferred Action Man.

pretty much any trailer longer than 1 minute does

He wasn't involved with Thor 1 or 90% of Thor 2. And New Warriors wasn't bad at all, just too slow for a book that was garuanteed to get cancelled immediately.

Hey I don't like this shit either but this has a cartoon and honestly it's also from a toy line. So before you feel high and mighty as the queen of dicks, get your facts straight first.

>Hey I don't like this shit either but this has a cartoon

Just because the franchise HAS a cartoon doesnt mean any topic of the franchise is on-topic for this board

>and honestly it's also from a toy line

Th franchise originated from a toyline which is why only Max Steel cartoons and/or comic threads are on-topic. Everything not related to that from the franchise is technically tertiary subject

However a lot of elements in this movie are from the 2013 cartoon. So even I am not sure now whether this secondary topic is off-topic or on-topic. I'll let the mods decide

why do you care so hard user? let other have their thread if they want

the new cartoon came first and technically this is an adaptation of a cartoon

>why do you care so hard user?

I am bored, arguing about whether or not its on topic is the most fun I have had on Sup Forums in a while.

Not hype, but it led me to the Thor 3 joke trailer so thanks.

I always saw him more as blue beetle with the whole "alien partner that is the key to the constantly changing armor" thing.

Most people won't even know this movie came out

For making a Masters of the Universe movie, you will need a very big budget, because it's necessary to recreate an entire world, twice the size of Middle Earth. An Iron Man knock off it's easier and cost much less to make.

Let's take Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Skeets from Booster Gold and MASH THEM TOGETHER...but name it after an existing property.

user, most cartoons from the 80's and 90's were toy commercials, the two go hand in hand.

wow they are just dumping this movie out there
my childhood
hopefully power rangers is better than this

Wasn't Max Steel supposed to be about some extreme sports addicted kid? Where did that tiny robot came from?

I was a kid during the supposed "height" of Max Steel and I was barely aware of it. Someone gave me one of the toys (a Terminator type of thing that looked like a normal dude, but then his face blew off, revealing a robot skull) and I think that was the only time I was ever aware of it.
I was one of those kids who was super into fads too. Yugioh, Crazy Bonez, all that shit.

There was the original toy line. Then the TV series (and movies) were based on it. They were going to make a live-action Max Steel movie, but plans were put on hold because the toy line and TV series was to be rebooted.

Then the toy line and TV show were rebooted in 2013. Josh McGrath became Max McGrath. Max (a tachyon/human hybrid) can merge with Steel (the robot, or Ultralink; technically a parasitic alien) to become Max Steel. It's a complete reinvention.

Now this live-action movie is an adaptation of the 2013 reboot.

So am I the only one who thinks the costume itself looks neat? Reminds me of Guyver meets Pacific Rim's drivesuit.

I fucking loved his action vision shit. I want a movie or series with that. Maybe they can have Steve Rodgers do it as his shieldless gimmick.

>hollywood movie
>with robots
>they all need to look like Iron Man

Please stop this Hollywood.

This man, THIS MAN, scared the ever living shit out of child me. I mean seriously, why would you put this in a children's show?

that thing wasn't scary, you were just a little faggo