Bob's Burgers

Is this the comfiest show of all time?

It's my favorite cartoon right now, the family dynamics are so fun to watch and it's refreshing to see an animated sitcom where the family actually loves each other.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/t9TfgMM7Xto
youtube.com/watch?v=FXEoe8_CcbM
youtube.com/watch?v=MNdrBNnaUPI
youtube.com/watch?v=WPU7UexabVI
avclub.com/article/bobs-burgers-tina-makes-the-series-a-must-watch-an-200663
youtu.be/oxv6-npAxpY
jab.zsf.jcu.cz//1_4/patockabs.pdf?set_language=cs
youtube.com/watch?v=MY23nChpciw
youtube.com/watch?v=G0cqV3h-aDA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>everyone is a retard except dad.
it's a new change of pace when it comes to these types of shows.

it feels like bob is someone who realized that something is wrong. like grimes from the simpsons who is a normal person trapped inside a cartoon.
Everyone around bob does stupid stuff and all he wants is a good restaurant

i dunno bob holds the wacky ball in a decent amount of episodes, its just not EVERY episode. There's still that'll consistently get him acting like a cartoon character though.

but mostly because of the cartoony behavior of his surroundings

I love this show because of how relatable it is. This show would never pull off something like Bob going to space or something, the problems are paying the rent on time, annoying schoolmates etc.

In fact, the episodes I dislike the most are the ones that are just a tad too unrealistic, e.g. the one where the mechanical shark breaks loose or where the family successfully lands a plane.

The mechanical shark episode is GOAT

Louise for best character

BEEFSQUATCH

I stopped watching after the mlp episode. That was not cool

lel

ponyfags being triggered

Tina and Louise OCCASIONALLY get on my nerves but that's the extent of it.

Yeah Louise's voice can get on my nerves sometimes

I thought I couldn't stand this type of characters anymore, but she's actually fantastic

you're pathetic user. This is prolly one of the most pos shows i've ever watched. Everyone is dumb, the writing is retarded and fart jokes? Are we family guy? I thought you had better taste than this Sup Forums.

That's because Kristen Schaal is hilarious. They really picked the right actress.

When I first got into the series I was expecting a very different kind of humor, I'm glad I was wrong, I still can't decide who's the best character and the VA is top notch

Bob is more just a stick in the mud.
It's not so much he realizes he's in a cartoon as he's just tired all the time.
Frank was trying to point out that it wasn't normal and drove him insane, Bob for the most part accepts the world around him he just tries to keep it from ruining his life.

I used to love it, but I barely made it through the last season and I won't watch the next one.
It has just gotten too mundane and generic for me. I lost the feeling that I'm watching something new, or a new twist on something old.

Fuck you, this is miles ahead than shit like Family Guy. You're too lonely and retarded to get this show.

Bob's not too smart either. Remember that time he got so drunk he almost got shot because he thought a turkey was talking to him?

Same. When this debuted in 2011 or something I actually refused to check it out because I thought this would have the same hurr durr mean-spirited adult animated sitcom humor like Family Guy and The Cleveland Show. When I finally did check it out I was really surprised by how clever the humor is and how much fun the characters are. And it's the opposite of mean-spirited, it's heart-warming to watch how the whole family cares about Bob and how Bob cares about them. Reminds me of The Simpsons' early seasons. Such a breathe of fresh air from jerk-dads like Peter, Homer, Stan and Randy.

I was expecting it to be a Family/Guy Simpsons knockoff, but I just recently sat through a few episodes and really liked them.

The show is kind of reminiscent of King of the Hill; it seems to focus on and champion the ultimate cohesiveness of the blue-collar family. The humor seems to be derived from every-day situations instead of abstract insanity.

I've only seen a few episodes, but this is the impression I have gotten.

The sad thing is that I really think most shows start to run out of "every-day family problem" scripts early on and eventually descend into chaotic zany humor.

I agree that it's the successor to King of the Hill in terms of focusing on a mundane family in semi-realistic situations. Cracks are definitely appearing as of the latest season but it's still worth watching.

I just hope it doesn't end in the worst way possible, I don't think the staff can sustain the show being dragged for too many seasons, creatively, so I just want them to have fun while it lasts and then end it with dignity

I watch Bob's Burgers when I get frustrated with thing. I feel like Linda and the kids always show Bob how ridiculous it to get upset about things and to just live life and have fun. This makes me feel better.

Posting best scene

youtu.be/t9TfgMM7Xto

Still cracks me up.

This was the scene that hooked me into this show.

"Stop following me in front!"

For me it was this

youtube.com/watch?v=FXEoe8_CcbM

Favorite End Credits song?
Mine is the Theme from "Work Hard or Die Trying Girl"

What was your issue with it?

Gene's Snake Song 100%

youtube.com/watch?v=MNdrBNnaUPI

THIS IS ME NOW

it was too realistic, and they used my likeness

>It's a Tina episode.
Why are her episodes always so cringey?

Her character is based all around being awkward and weird. She's tailor made for cringe.

But her episodes are best episodes

Watching my hour of Bob's Burgers in the evening has become a daily ritual

It makes me feel better about missing my family when I'm away at college

This is easily my favourite cartoon on TV for so many reasons. One of the main reasons is that this family genuinely LOVES each other. They love hanging out, they say they love each other, they cling to Bob when he leaves to go stop a bank robbery, Linda is OBSESSED with her kids and is so proud of every fart, weird zombie friend-fiction story, and lie they make.

It's so refreshing to watch a cartoon of a family that loves each other 99% of the time, rather than having 1 or 2 family members that everyone is so cruel and mean to every single episode.

The kids always look out for each other too. Like when Tina is in trouble Gene and Louise go into protect my sister mode which is sweet

>Favorite End Credits song?
Where is Harry Truman?

youtube.com/watch?v=WPU7UexabVI

The best part is that while Bob and Linda don't always approve of their kids' antics, when they do, they join in the antics because they love their kids that much.

It really is amazing to see a show - animated or live-action - where a family of characters love each other without that love being a cover for deep-seated resentment or outright hatred. I think that turns away a lot of people who've been raised on shows where everyone is a dick to everyone else (see: Seinfeld).

There was an AV Club article where the writer said they started watching the show for Tina, and it changed their entire perspective of the show itself.

avclub.com/article/bobs-burgers-tina-makes-the-series-a-must-watch-an-200663

It's not too surprising. Bob sort of defaults to making friends with inanimate objects.

To be fair, he drank a bottle of Absinthe.

>Favorite End Credits song?
Fuck I can't decide, maybe this?
youtu.be/oxv6-npAxpY

>the "absinthe makes you hallucinate" meme

But that's... painfully wrong? Tina is the worst character in the show.

I don't agree with that person, but Tina kills it in every episode she's in.

I felt and feel the same way.

It is a nice blend of classic simpsons and king of the hill.

>Tina is the worst character in the show.

None of the Belchers are the worst character in the show.

It also contains alcohol.

Easy there user. You might trigger the guy that was spamming the "LOL FART LMAO" Bob hate threads a few months ago.

Bobs childhood was spent in the restaurant so making friends with objects was all he had for fun.

Since when?

That comes from the thujone within the wormwood from which absinthe is distilled. Thujone is a GABA inhibitor and, in high enough doses, is extremely toxic and will kill you.

If you're hallucinating, it means you've consumed so much thujone that you're dying, like how you'll hallucinate after drinking too much sea water.

But there's so little thujone in absinthe that you'd die of alcohol poison long before you could drink enough for the thujone to kill you.

Since always. It's a spirit.

Worst character would have to be either Hugo or Baby Num Nums.

Or Frond. They could make Frond principal of the school and virtually nothing would change.

What the fuck I had no idea absinthe was that dangerous

I drank it pretty regularly a couple of years ago, I just thought it was some form of liquor like vodka or whatever

The worst character is Linda's annoying sister, I don't know what her name is

Every time she's on screen I get aggravated

I got burnt out after 3 or so seasons or something but came back to it later and had some laughs. It's ok, but I would propably never watch it if Jon Benjamin and Kristen Schall weren't in it

She's also the only character that I would describe as bad on the show, the family is great and the supporting cast is awesome

Regular-Sized Rudy forever

Gale.
I think the issue is every episode based around her is enabling her delusion. That's why the only decent episodes with her are the ones where she's lightly used.
The episode where Louise ran away used her well, the episode where Bob had to drag her retarded ass through the snow was hell.
Regular Sized Rudy is life.
Regular Sized Rudy is love.

>I just thought it was some form of liquor like vodka or whatever

It is. Re-read my post. Absinthe is no more dangerous than any other alcohol. It doesn't contain enough thujone to poison you.

It's Megan Mullaly as a lonely cat lady so I don't mind her as much.

most store-bought absinthe has nothing to do with wormwood and is just a chemically concocted resemblance to the original taste

The ep where Gale kept trying to make moves on Bob was the worst episode of the show I've seen so far. It was just bad.

Granted I'm not that far into the show, but still.

Gale is annoying, but I think that's kinda the point, she's that crazy adult sister or aunt a lot of us have. If you have a female relative with a bunch of kitsch knick-knacks she is that.

I think there's varied strength levels, I had a shot of it years ago after being persuaded by a friend, spat it out because it was so strong (could barely breathe or talk despite having not downed it), friend got a large pitcher at our student bar recently and to her it was like drinking anything else, that or she's probably not human.

I have multiple bottles of the stuff thanks to a ship[ping error on the distributor's end and none of them have wormwood. If anything, it's only more dangerous in that it tends to have a higher alcohol content than say vodka - one bottle I have is 60% and another is 70%.

>none of them have wormwood

They all have wormwood. All of them. There is no absinthe that does not contain wormwood, because absinthe is distilled from wormwood. That's like saying your tequilla doesn't contain agave.

>Thujone is a GABA inhibitor and, in high enough doses, is extremely toxic and will kill you.
>If you're hallucinating, it means you've consumed so much thujone that you're dying

[Motherfuckin' citation needed]
There is no conclusive or reliable evidence of it causing hallucinations beyond pop culture memes, hyperbole and anecdotes from art students who are trying to sound interesting to compensate for boring and vapid personalities. Not even reports on wormwood extracts could live up to the media hype.

that user never said absinthe causes hallucinations m8, calm your tits

What makes it weird is that his wife is okay with that at first.

Linda reverse cuck confirmed

She was okay with it because she both trusted Bob and knew that Gale would move on relatively quickly because she had a system.
Women are cucks too.
Cuck is the first half of cuckold meaning it's also the first half of cuckqean.

Linda and Bob trust one another. It's nice.

It's awful when she gets mad at him, though. And what Gale does is really creepy to begin with. Just because they're sisters doesn't mean she should enable her terrible behaviour. The ep felt very double-standard-y which was jarring for Bob's Burgers.

Personally I think it hits too close to home for those of us with those relatives who aren't getting any better. It's a depressing aspect in an otherwise pretty optimistic show.

She's a very accurate "neurotic New England aunt" character, I have met many people like her. It makes sense she's Linda's sister.
But I don't particularly like her episodes, that is for sure.
But even so every episode of Bob's is comfy and ultra rewatchable.

Too bad, they make Gene 90% gross and annoying. He has the potential to be actually funny.

Gene continously gets the best lines in the entire show, he's not gross that often.

His "gross" material is incredibly mild to the point where I can't imagine it triggering actual disgust in someone and as an 11 year old boy it makes sense that he thinks it's funny and I find his character quite charming.
All of the kids have the potential to be annoying/obnoxious but the show consistently utilizes them correctly, getting the balance between their respective schticks and genuine character depth down perfectly and not giving any one too much focus.

jab.zsf.jcu.cz//1_4/patockabs.pdf?set_language=cs

Burgers are not for sexual.

Bob is always talking to food. Is he okay?

Same, some of my favourite voice actors

i do the same thing for the same reason
feels good

Bob didn't have very many friends as a kid.

>I'll probably end up like Bob in the future.

>it's refreshing to see an animated sitcom where the family actually loves each other.
watch home movies, Brendon's relationship with his mom is one of my favourites in television

Bump

Mh yeah i can see this
but still, bob seems to freak out when cartoon moments occur

>that kid just fathered the crap out of you
this is just great

>When you realize that the recurring health inspectors are voiced by Fenton & Mr. Lynch
And of course the Rick and Perry-like Pesto Twins.

Pesto Twins are funnier tho

>YYYEEEERRR OUUUTTA THERE
>YYYYEEEEEEERRRROUUUTTAAA THHHEEERRRE

>back to you, Andy!
>back to you, Ollie!

Those two fuckers have me in stitches every single time they're on screen

I actually kind of feel bad for H Jon Benjamin. He sounds the same in everything, but I feel like that's because it's the only voice shows want. The Home Movies episode wherein McGuirk pretended to be a psychic had him doing different voices, and it wasn't half bad. He was also Jason.

Maybe there are some roles I don't know about, but he seems mostly to be known for Archer, Bob, and McGuirk

Ben from Dr. Katz, Jason and a few minor roles in Home Movies (apart from McGuirk), The Master in Venture bros. I couldn't tell he was Jason at first and he sounds a bit odd in Dr. Katz but him being unable of doing other voices has been a running joke for quite a while now
youtube.com/watch?v=MY23nChpciw
youtube.com/watch?v=G0cqV3h-aDA

I don't mind Jimmy Pesto, since he's supposed to be disliked, but I would agree that he's not a great character, since all there really is to him is being Bob's main antagonist. He has very little to him beyond pissing Bob off and being a somewhat abusive father.