Hipsters VS Real Nerds/geeks

well Sup Forums? comment?

What was cute was when I saw Deadpool, there were some kids with their parents in the same row as me, and one of the kids couldn't stop explaining Deadpool things like "He's supposed to be in Weapon X!" and all.

Seems Simplistic.
I get the annoyance with fake fuckers but this shit always turns into cringe.

You ever wonder where that girl in the classes is now?

OP forgot to type something about normies and RRRREEEEEEEE

I hate both kinds of girls equally.

this is the saddest dweeb shit I've ever seen. You have to be a real fag to get mad about chicks who are just starting to get into comic book heroes through movies like most people do these days. Also I like how the "real geek girl" was a fucking drawing.

Back 2 redit

kill yourself triggered cuck

I don't care and neither should you.

We didn't have that problem. There was a nigger that showed up that wasn't clearly meant to be there. He had to of snuck in. He looked 16.

i see this shit all the time

meh

GAY!

Those girls aren't in it for the comics user. Those girls just like those things cause their Boyfriends do.
My sister is dating a guy, he doesn't like anything gay at all. Made her take off her equality stickers on the back of her car. She stopped using facebook and all this other means of communication and so on. Basically, if I have learned anything is that woman will do anything for the right guy and think they have their own brains. Woman don't do that.

You don't quiet get why this is even in the slightest annoyance then user. People like us on Sup Forums want a meaningful (At least me) relationship. We want a woman (i dunno about you) who we can talk about nerdy shit, not a whore xDDD OMG LIKE REALLY?! girl that that is nothing more than an attention whore. Do you want that? If so, please go out to a bar, or a frat party. We want the girls that are in the libraries or the comic shops. Not these creatures.

And yeah, you know why it's a drawing? Cause you can't find a real girl like that in the world any more, they are either serious feminazis or they are all taken.
Like user 1 said BACK TO LEDIT FAGGOT

t. stacy

You can't be real.

Why not?

This, thousands and thousands of times this. What is the deal with people caring about this superficial bullshit? It has never been a problem until you bring it up.

See my mini rant on what Sup Forums wants

It's just what hobbyists do. People don't typically like bandwagoners or the like.

Pretty much this. It's a little annoying when you actually see it, but it still means so little in the grand scheme of things, I can't really be upset beyond that moment.

i like how fags who've never touched a tit call others cucks the most. Only a loser gives ta shit about "fake geek girls". It's not like women talk to you anyway.

>Youtube responds to criticism from youtubers over new ad rules.png

lol what an autistic beta. if you need comics as the basis of your relationship you just might be a complete loser.

Anyone who likes Deadpool is a pleb anyway.

OK let me put it like this:
I've been with a few girls who are "open to nerd culture" and it's cool. This one woman I was with for a few weeks (till her husband caught on) really liked the Nightwing series on youtube (hey it's still decent). She really wanted to see how it cont. She wasn't REALLY a nerd, but she could get into. And that worked for me. But the girls who are straight up OMG LOOK AT ME AND MY FAKE GLASSES! that annoys me.

this

On the inside I am a beta, and I don't mind hiding it, on the outside, I'm open and most people like me. I'm just looking for someone I can relate to. Let me ask you this user:
I have nerdy shit all over my walls from anime, to games to comic book shit, that's nerdy, that's stupid, but a dude bro has all this sports crap on their wall, they are seen as cool. They can't tell you anything about that sport most of the time when it comes down to it, but they sure as hell love it for some reason.

what's wrong with this picture? Why are sports and dudebro things ok but nerdy things like comic con, herofest and Dragon con all frowned upon by normies?

I like him, but he's not my favorite. I went with the most known hero right now other than Batman.

So, are you like a real comics fan or do you just read superhero books? You seem like a massive casual.

This is devianart tier cringe

Yes user you read Saga and an issue of Hellboy, you're super cutting edge and obscure.

all of the above. I try reading different things but I get easily distracted so I'm trying to catch up on like 5 different things right now.

>I don't have a argument back
>Better insult him instead!

What the hell is up with the red and blue arrows.

Use the same color for the same person what the fuck is wrong with you.

>all of the above.

What? Do you read comics or not? I'm just sick of fake comics fans who are only in it for the big two. It's insulting.

You clearly don't see why I did it.

I read comics and I read super hero stuff. What is wrong with doing both? Who are you to say which is right and wrong?

they're a fag worried about fag shit.

I just don't believe you. I think you're faking.

Nah. I have no reason to lie to you user. I mean, lying is against the law on the internet right?

Plus, if I wasn't even remotely a nerd/geek would I even know what Sup Forums was?

>I'm just sick of fake comics fans who are only in it for the big two. It's insulting.
autism

This. It's obvious people bandwagoning won't stay, yet everyone here is a massive autist and has a chimp out over their mere existence. Only idiots freak out over the existence of geek girls and other fads.

>Inb4 "B-BUT ITS NOT TRU WE JUST DON GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THEM"
Then you should stop giving them attention you fucking retards. Stop replying. Stop whining.

Why does every single famous YouTuber act like their rights are taken away everytime the site changes up things? Like, sure, acknowledge the change is automatized and needs to compensate the users that get wrongfully banned, but they literally act as if YouTube is oppressing them.

OP is worried about hipsters pretending to be into superheroes. I'm worried about superhero nerds pretending to be into comics.

> Basically, if I have learned anything is that woman will do anything for the right guy and think they have their own brains.

>they are either serious feminazis

So you hate women that are passive, and you also hate women that are assertive. I think what you really want is a dick up your throat, to be honest, because you aren't interested in any women.

>Plus, if I wasn't even remotely a nerd/geek would I even know what Sup Forums was
That means nothing. Why do you think so many people are getting upset over anime reaction images these days?

Big two are indeed comics. Just not comics you like.
You might have autism.

Pleb.

>pretending
They don't even like their comics, don't be silly.

"Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own). One may be quick to coin such interests and garb as "black-rimmed glasses, flannel, and indie music," however said mainstream-avoiding "hipsters" will logically turn down abiding to such a popular consensus, voiding the interpretation null.

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity - “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” - so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian.

Youtube has the worst customer service of any company ever created. If facebook or twitter did this, people would just shrug and continue on their marry day. Youtube made the mistake of taking almost a year to tell people that they created vague rules and then refuse to how to fix the problem, allowing fear mongers to rile up people. You tube really needs to work on how they do things.

Holy shit, that is stupid.

hipster

>tl;dr: if you believe hipsters exist, you are a plebeian
I don't need to pretend hipsters exist to know that.
>tfw you constantly question your own validity too often to be concerned with anyone else

No I am into woman, but not jocky braindead woman who can't think for themselves but then there's the overbearing type who think everything and everyone should be suited to their needs 100% (don't try and wrap me in this, I'm not saying the same thing for me. There's a difference).

I want a girl who is into comics, cartoons, anime, and also looks good. BUT it's a very hard mix cause those woman who are into them who look like this normally are secluded with 12 cats and say how much they wish they had the same in men but when they find that man, he's really into all that culture but also REALLY into her, like creepy.

I don't know what that means.

Thank you for the TLDR cause none of that was making any real since.

Yes they exist. MAJORLY and it's not a myth. I see this shit all the time. Sup Forums is the biggest hipster of all. Go there and there are people talking about how good these 500 buck headphones are, or a guy sperging about Apple, or a another guy saying how his rig is top of the line. Normally a hipster is a guy who knows EVERYTHING about it but nothing at the same time, he basically read a few articles on it and buys the best things ever only cause a few people said it was good without doing his own research

>>I want a girl who is into comics, cartoons, anime, and also looks good.

Something tells me you're a frumpy neckbeard that's either fat or scrawny (not fit), yet thinks he deserves a really well kept woman who is always pretty but isn't allowed to actually outwardly express care about her appearance.

You want someone who likes everything you like, but also acts like you think women have to act within a narrow range, and has to look the way you want...yet so far you've shown yourself to be nothing but a whiny baby yourself. Even if the women you describe exist and are single, why the shit would they ever want to be with you?

I don't get the whole nerd cred thing. I guess its just normal behavior for socially maladjusted folks who can't enjoy a conversation or think because they have out-nerding conversations with their friends they have to take that form of conversation with anyone talking about that subject.

I'm not a neckbeard, you're very close user. I am skinny and working on getting into a better shape.
>a woman like this
Yes and no. I want a girl who isn't afraid to be herself but isn't all whorish about it.

I've met woman like this but they already have a boyfriend and normally they aren't even nerdy. They are completely opposite.

>why the shit do they wanna be with you?

Do you think you have a remote chance either user?

No, actually most of the fujo cat ladies genuinely don't care and their appearance and living conditions show it. The good looking ones have had their boyfriends since high school in some "childhood friend" fiction shit.

Basically, you're best bet is "befriend one of them early in life and hope it pans out."

>Do you think you have a remote chance either user?

I'm in a committed relationship in its 3rd year, so yeah? I'm not a whiny loser like you, though.

god damn comic fags are gate-keeping pussies.

Normies user. that's the reason. I'm into a decent amount of nerdy things. I want to almost always talk about games, or comics or a show with some people but it either goes over their head or I can't eve remotely talk to them cause it's boring while watching a man run with a ball down a field is interesting. Most "nerds" don't talk to any one, cause because of antisocial behavior, but because they have no one to talk to their interests about. Take the average sports jock or car guy, they can find their people without trying.

I have a friend who is a car nerd. He can tell you anything about cars. But most people he says literally the same thing. He tries to explain things about cars to people but it goes over their heads. It's not about "eeeeeew gross normies"

Did happen for a while. My best friend from elementary school would never date me but she knew I would drop everything for her cause we basically were the same in personality. But she would only date beaners. So it's extremely hard to find another girl like her.

well good for you user. You have more confidence than I do. I'm still looking around with no luck. Maybe it's my area. Maybe it's me. but I'm not admitting to either right now.

this, the "genuine comic nerd girl" is a drawing of a cute blonde because the reality is that usually they are ugly trolls or obese

I agree on that, the problem is that this has created a sort of "us vs. them" mentality. You have all these big youtubers constantly complaining about how asanine YouTube's system is (which is not wrong), yet they're stupid enough to mantain their channel as their only source of income.

Instead of getting togheter to sort things out like what happened with #WTFU, every update is just constant whining with nothing really getting done.

You are too by-the-book to be real.

I can kinda see where he's coming from, but not to this extreme. Some people just get a little defensive when something they love gets called nerd shit, but later fucking everybody loves that same "nerd shit."

I say to you though, OP. Suck it the fuck up already. Find a genuine group to get into and discuss your shit, and you'll care much less.

Who fucking cares?

what does that mean?

I do have a group and they are in Discord so for the most part I am fine.

What kind of fucking chart is this

is it ok for some scrawny toothpick looking kid to go around saying they can bench 350lbs? no, same reason, it pisses people off when losers exaggerate how knowledgable or into something they are when they are just being a fucking poser. this isnt new, like skaters fucking hate posers coming in with their skateboard they got at target to be cool in their new osiris shoes and birdhouse shirt and dickies trying so hard to pretend their cool but they can't even ollie or replace trucks.

Well, do you get mad at the twats who pretend to be fans to ride the latest controversy or take sides in the vapid mess that is gender politics? Because they're the new fake geek girl, right down to only reading whatever page twitter is bitching about.

>well good for you user. You have more confidence than I do. I'm still looking around with no luck. Maybe it's my area. Maybe it's me. but I'm not admitting to either right now.

I think you spend more time thinking up what kind of girl you think you need instead of talking to real women and finding someone that actually fits you irl and not in your drawn out fantasies. I don't think most people with dating experience sit around being able to pinpoint every little aspect of how their partner has to behave to be right for them. No one in the universe is going to be perfect to that.

I mean you seem to care a little too much, just going off your replies to everyone. It's annoying, but no need to damn near start REEEEing at everything.

are you 15? that is the most ridiculous, juvenile shit.

>tfw have normie gf who isn't a cunt about my hobbies and shows interest in them

Git gud, OP.

I sometimes wonder if this is how some goths felt when that got cool before it just died off.

i dont even understand what you're asking or saying

I've dated a few girls but come to the conclusion that the ones I'm looking for are doing it for attention. There are a handful of girls who are not like this. But again they have the boyfriends. I'm not looking for the "perfect girl" but im at least looking for the girl that is something nerdy, hell, I'll take a Dr Who nerd at this point.

LOL I use to be a skater and I actually get all this shit.

Then she's not a normie user. You can hide your nerd self from the world and be "normie" too.

There's an ep of Psych where this fat nerdy kid became this jock dude, however, he built himself this man cave of geekdum. Played DnD had this batman computer and so on. His gf didn't know about it. She came off as a normie too. found out later she was a big nerd as well, she's ridiculously hot and loved everything he did.

That will never happen but would be cool.

Time to time you get people that never grew out of that mentality though, and filter everything through it.

>i dont even understand what you're asking or saying
Not even him, but do you hate people that take sides in this whole trans bullshit based on what they heard instead of doing their own research?

Doesn't sound like it was that hard to get.

>Sup Forums is the biggest hipster of all
>memes and contrarianism is hipster
I've got some bad news for you about the rest of Sup Forums

>I've dated a few girls but come to the conclusion that the ones I'm looking for are doing it for attention.
What, do you make them take a multiple choice test on the first date? What determines that someone's doing it for the attention?

i don't understand what this has to do with my thread.

I want nothing to do with the trans bullshit

well shit

Normally within the first couple of conversations and the way they dress. What they put on their OKC or POF acc (online dating), says a lot. I don't try to be anything I'm not, I'm just gonna be who I am.

this really sets the precedent that as long as you have references to comics and get them people won't call you a casual.

Its dumb as hell to be like either example

Or instead of only looking for a prebuilt nerd love package, you date a girl you like and introduce her to your hobbies. While I was dating my wife in college I got her into my gaming group and introduced her to everything from fighting games to horror movies and she wound up a fan of most of it to this day.

OP image is what sociopathy or at the very lest aspergers looks like
if you get buttmad over things like this you need help

The same thing the skater example has to do with it, posers and doing it for the attention.

I don't really give a shit about that stuff either, but I'm pretty sure that's what he was going for.

I love the way this always assumes there's one standard canon all nerds have to have exhaustive knowledge about. You don't get a Batman reference? You're not a comic nerd even though you might just not be into Big 2 so much.

>edgelord: the cringening

Gatekeeping is what people do when they rely on something like comics for their entire personality.

>falling for the gate keeping meme

As long as she's open to it, that's all I'm asking.

a little annoyed at best but I get over it in the matter of minutes and forget about it.

>I have no response to you so I'm going to insult instead

I don't mind admitting I'm standing AT THE GATE but not inside. My gate is more or less open as long as other people are.

for the sake of argument lets say this is a thing:

For most people on Sup Forums they wont admit it right now but they would love a woman who is into EVERYTHING they are into. But, these nerds are desperate so they will take any attention they get. Which, in itself, I suppose is sad.

>I'm in a committed relationship in its 3rd year

Congrats user

Being on the receiving end of this, it's not that bad, honestly. Hell, just don't get all offended at a question and tell the truth, and most of them have been perfectly fine right after.

You got as much of a response as your post merited.

When a guy says he likes cartons, comics, or vidya, people just tend to not question it. Because of this shit, girls who really do like this garbage feel the need to hide it to avoid the interrogation they get every time they bring it up. No one else has to jump through these hoops you fucks are setting up, so just shit the fuck up and let people enjoy what they want.

I swear the "you're not a real fan" bullshit is the most neckbearded response out there. So what? You're trying to prove that you're a bigger autist then someone else? Wow, that's impressive. Yeah I'm fucking mad because I bit the bait and I'm probably just as retarded as you.

>I swear the "you're not a real fan" bullshit is the most neckbearded response out there.
It's also a guaranteed way to alienate people you actually have something in common with.

You do realize over analyzing online dating profiles is a trap itself right? Because they're adjusting the profiles to counter to how a majority of online daters look at a person as a list instead of a person.

>people just tend to not question it
Only silently condemn because of it.

>is it ok for some scrawny toothpick looking kid to go around saying they can bench 350lbs?
We would just think they had brain problems, beyond that why would we be pissed? They aren't fooling anybody even the asskissers that are at their feet it's clear they just want something from them. So let the baby have the bottle and enjoy the meltdown when they discover that they were both a huge tool and no one really cared about them.

Honestly you just seem angry at the idea that a complete tool might get away with something

Fuck them and fuck you for caring. I enjoy my hobby, I enjoy people in. If they are try hard tools they will either wise up and be better for it or get trash by their own actions.

For me, It's not about "I'm a bigger fan" of it, I'm like a dog to it's owner. You tell me something, I'm all ears and excited you want to talk to me*. I'm not saying I'm looking for just ANY girl but again, someone who has based(?) interests that I am into as well. You say you like DC comics? Awesome! I am too. I am also into Marvel, not as big a fan but ya know.

* This goes back to the "all of Sup Forums are desperate attention whores"

I tend to over think about such things. not on purpose, it's just my personality/brain whatever you wanna call it.

So then, what do you think of all the cute country girls on POF that say they like out doorsy shit that I would find boring, wouldn't these girls more than likely find me boring in reverse? Or should I just say fuck it, and message all these girls that I find attractive or should I cont trying to find a girl who wants me for me and my interests that she would be interested in

My gf likes Captain America and Deadpool. Does she read the comics? Nah. But then, neither do I. Comics are kinda hard to keep track of and expensive compared to seeing movies or tv shows. She doesn't know everything about DP or CA, but does it really matter? I mean, she likes the stuff.

She reads transformers, but that's beside the point I guess.

>kinda hard to keep track of
Bookcase, scrub
I'll agree with the expensive part though, but then again I don't really know what else I want to buy except art supplies most of the time I have spare money.

>buying comics
Why not just torrent them all?

There are more nerd girls out there than you'd expect, user. It's just that male fandom and female fandom are different, going back to the early days. Male fandom has more of a collecting bent, emphasizing gathering information or objects. That feeds into popular conversation topics like the "who would win" threads as well as collectible gaming. Female fandom tends to be more creative and collaborative: zines, Tumblr/LJ, fanart, fanfic, freeform roleplay.

Not to say that covers literally every male and female nerd. But of course a girl nerd isn't necessarily going to fit into what you think of as a "nerd" since you're approaching it from your own personal experience and expectations.

Last time I tried that, all of the comic files were in some weird form that could only be opened with a certain program and said program didn't work

>Female fandom tends to be more about who would fuck who

Ftfy