Tell me about this country, what is happening there? Just read some article about some murder from there...

Tell me about this country, what is happening there? Just read some article about some murder from there, realized I have absolutely no idea about this country.
And it's in Europe.

A smaller and poorer version of Romania.

Mini Romania

No idea but I wonder if it would be worth it to merge with it. I think it would bring our GDP down a lot.

It has an unrecognized breakaway state on its eastern flank.
It's the poorest country in Europe.
Everybody speaks Romanian there.

What was even the point of annexing territories way back when, when now it can make your country shittier?

Non-Slavic, Pure Latin Genes.

You guys have some special relations with them? Like Czechs and Slovaks?

Up until today I basically forgot Moldova even exists but they are pretty close to us. They have a fetish of saying they're not Romanians though or they're probably forced at gunpoint to say it, not sure.

Sort of. We made it really easy for them to emmigrate to our country and gave them many other privileges.
Majority of Romanians still want an union while only something like 20-30% of Moldovans do.

can you travel there freely? Do people go there to buy cheaper alchohol?
Like Finns go to Estonia over weekends or something like that.

so is moldova romania's nk?

That's a bit of an exaggeration, they're a Russian puppet state but nowhere near NK levels.

Not exactly free travel but there are a ton of people who take vacations there for the cheap booze and girls.

wait user do moldovans like russia? how about romanians? do romanians dislike russia?

Moldovans are being brainwashed by the Russian owned media in their country. Romanians generally hate Russia.

It is a strange thing. The Moldovans I talked to hated Russia.

Probably expats or young people.

Is the Sheriff company something like irl Shinra / Umbrella?

TOOOOOOOOWN

Post-soviet fake state made out of stolen territories (see also : Ukraine , Belarus ....)

Nothing happens here!