It still hurts

It still hurts...

Other urls found in this thread:

steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Harold_Smiley?comments_page=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What the Christ happened

I hate how this show keeps giving me a taste of what might have been a good show, then fills it with bullshit and inane shit rather than the actual interesting crap.

Can I assume the star resting on a triangle is more or less the Radical Crystal Gems symbol? Bismuth is the only one who has that variation and she's an extremist.

>Do you want to know about a characters tortured past
Yes.
>A character that's been with us, since the very beginning.
YES.
>A character who's history is so shrouded, it's a mystery how they're here
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
>Get ready for the origins...
>Of Mr.Smiley

Maybe when it's over someone can make a supercut of some sort that ties together the relevant parts of episodes that actually contain anything relevant. SU Kai, if you will

of course we'll need a godawful re-dub to go with it. I'll to do Steven's voice

i'm just wondering how they're going to bring mr frowney back, since they've prohibited themselves from having any character show up in only one episode (said by the crew, not just an observed trend)

Mr. Smiley's funeral

Why the fuck did they leave her in the bubble? Why didn't they unbubble her once Steven told them the truth. All four of them could've convinced her that the breaking point was shit, but no she's gonna be trapped in a fucking bubble forever.

Out of universe I know it's because her voice actress is expensive as shit, but in-universe there's NO REASON she should still be in a bubble. Yes I mad.

I hate how they use people who demand top dollar to talk into a microphone for characters that could be so much better then one shots. Look at Sugilite, realistically we'll never see her in a talking roll again.

She fought Rose Quartz herself over the Breaking Point. Bismuth is too far gone for reason

>Why the fuck did they leave her in the bubble?
Tried to kill their leader. Twice.

The triangle probably represents the Breaking Point.

>plot gets interesting
>history gets uncovered
>stakes are raised
>lessons are learned

>next episode is townies

In Bismuth's mind, it's just Rose that doesn't want the Breaking Point. She thinks only Rose wouldn't want it. If her other friends also disagree with it, she might change her mind. If not just poof her and bubble her again. But instead they leave her in the bubble and just assume there's nothing they can do

>next 10 episodes are townies
Fixed that for you.

Sounds like a lot of drama and trouble could have been saved if the Crystal Gems just put the Breaking Point to a vote.

That's what I'm saying user. There's no reason Bismuth should still be in a bubble

But the problem is that the Breaking Point stands against one of the Crystal Gems' core ideals: That all life is precious.

The CG recruited new soldiers by giving them a second chance, Jasper acknowledges this as if it was evil, but still confirms this is how the rebellion got bigger.

Shattering gems meant never giving them a chance to be whoever they wanted to be. Bismuth would have had to shatter quite a large ammount of low caste gems to get to the elite, to not even mention the Diamonds.

Also unrelated, but notice how she has never expressed Earth's safety to be one of the ideals she fought for.

It's fun to hear random celebrities suddenly appear as a VA, but as you said, the issue is that they either have an incredibly high price range or are super busy.

Why not pick some lesser known artists? It gives them some work, and you still get good singers. Hell, one of my favorite singers- a girl named Xoe Wise- has only 20k views on Youtube, and that's because her song was on Sense8.

>people actually think bismuth and Jasper will stay bubbled

Bismuth did nothing wrong.

Stupid filthy crystal gems couldn't into mutually assured destruction.

I was exaggerating user. I'm sure they'll both be released eventually, but there's no reason Bismuth shouldn't be a regular part of the team

>People think guest appearances are cash cows

You people are retarded.

>Why didn't they unbubble her once Steven told them the truth.
Because she tried to kill / shatter Steven twice.

This is the problem; Bismuth is volatile, aggressive and unpredictable. She fought Rose, her ally, her liberator, her leader, just because Rose told her no. Seeing from how violent her reaction towards Steven was the moment she decided Steven was Rose, I'm guessing she tried to shatter Rose when she was Rose.

Then she was unbubbled, and even referred to that herself as "getting a second chance". But never mind, she still gets triggered by one thing Steven says, and boom instant murder attempt. Steven is clearly a frightened kid, begging her to calm down, let's talk about this, but she flies into a murderous rage where she absolutely can't be reasoned with when someone uses the wrong expression - even though just moments ago she was all CRYSTAL GEEEEMMS YEAH THROUGH THICK AND THIN, acting like a solid ally that would fight to the death for you.

She can't be fucking trusted. It's different from someone like Jasper who's very open and straightforward about their murderous intent. It's different when someone acts like your reliable friend and ally, you trust them, nothing's wrong, and then they just suddenly decide to try to shatter you because they strongly disagree with your views on the use of unethical weapons.

The problem isn't that she wanted to shatter the enemy gems, the problem isn't that she feels bitter over how the breaking point supposedly would have won the war which in the light of the diamond nuke is bullshit. The problem is that she'll try to insta-murder her teammates if they disagree with her.

You're not making any sense. She threw one of the practice targets at Steven, who was frightened, crying, screaming and begging that they shouldn't fight and let's talk it out, with the intent to kill. She thought the doll had killed Steven and turned away perfectly calm, no "what did I do", no "oh shit are you all right".

When it turned out Steven was in fact still alive, she went after his gem with the Breaking Point. That's very, very, very intentionally and determinedly trying to shatter and kill someone.

She tried to murder Rose twice, likely three times, just because she disagreed with the Breaking Point. What do you not fucking get about that?

They literally made a joke about it with Nicki.

And having them appear so rarely IS the issue. They seem like fun, and we want them more often.

Because Bismuth is shit.

why do you faggots care about such a shit show?

Why do you care that we care?

I think it's funny how they even referenced this problem in Know Your Fusion.

Can't spell funeral without F U N.

Sugilite is extremely volatile and takes over from garnet and amethysts personality's very easily so no its not a character that would or should show up more, but opal and alexandrite need more backstory of sorts.

steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Harold_Smiley?comments_page=1
>The trivia
>That comment section
Are people really this fucking stupid?

Maybe this show isn't for you then.

>Hire a famous singer to play a character in a single episode
>Character doesn't even sing in the episode and can't realistically be brought back without throwing around some serious cash
Seriously, what is it with Sugar hiring no one but singers even if they get non-singing roles?

I want to see Jim Jefferies do a gem VA.

>All four of them could've convinced her that the breaking point was shit
No one could have convinced her the breaking point was shit. Rose tried twice, and she tried to kill her, and then Steven, rather than accept it.

Why not just send her to HW alone then? Let her get a taste of her own medicine.

>No reason
>Tried to kill Rose Quartz twice
>Her radicalism, if unchecked, could clash with gems that aren't alligned (Lapis, Centipeetle)

Bismuth never had the time that her comrades did to move on. The battle was literally yesterday for her. Her comander betrayed her by poofing and bubbling her and forgetting about her for 5000 years. If Rose unbubbled Bismuth after the end of the war she could have been calmed down and would have been able to get though her grief for her fallen comrades. Bismuth didn't do nothing wrong.

But Bismuth did everything wrong from the very start. She has a violent nature, she literally tried to kill Rose for telling her no.

>Centipeetle was unaligned
She was taking orders directly from Yellow Diamond

>Bismuth never had the time that her comrades did to move on.

Even if the battle was the same goddamn day, you don't turn a murderous traitor and try to kill your dear teammate, leader and friend out of the blue just because they disagree with you.

Even the first attack that got her bubbled was over the fucking line. It was an accident that she got out. She saw that, she realised that she'd fucked up so bad that she'd gotten bubbled for 5k years, she said herself that she's happy to get a second chance - and boom she learns nothing and still thinks murder is the first go-to-solution for political arguments between trusted friends.

>Her comander betrayed her by poofing and bubbling her
AFTER she betrayed her commander first by TRYING TO MURDER HER. Are you retarded? Getting poofed and bubbled is direct retribution for attacking Rose with lethal intent.

Honestly I don't know of very many military or rebel forces where suddenly attacking your superior with the intent to kill because you disagree with their politics isn't met with harsh consequences. I don't understand these faggots who are all like "oh they should have talked to her and tried to make her understand". What? You turn traitor and try to surprise-kill your comrades over petty arguments, you get locked up or straight-up executed.

It's nonsense that she was a soldier in a war, but wanting to kill the enemy somehow makes her the bad guy. You can't have it both ways Sugar.

Could you imagine what would happen if Sugar became minister of defense
>Guys, why don't we just send black lesbians to hug ISIS?

Eat a dick dude. Noone wants to see a show with very interesting concepts get bogged down by filler starring characters that no one cares about.

Well it was impossible to have the discussion where it could be decided that she could go on a commando mission alone, because she refused to discuss the matter and talk it out and instead just tried to murder Rose, duh.

Steven tried to shout at her that let's not fight, that it's a misunderstanding, but she refuses to listen.

>but wanting to kill the enemy somehow makes her the bad guy.
It's not the wanting to kill the enemy, it's the turning a murderous traitor and wanting to kill her leader and friend just for disagreeing over the use of unethical weapons that makes her a bad guy.

Did you not watch the episode?

>yes, the enemy forces obliterate entire planets filled with life as a matter of course
>yes, they turn any of our people they capture into tortured horrible monsters
>yes, if they had the opportunity to kill us they'd take it immediately
>yes, they're direct, credible threats to intelligent life in general and everything we've ever loved in particular
>but killing them is *wrong*! If we start killing them, then they might start killing us, instead of consigning us to a fate worse than death!

All that stemmed from a logical fallacy that shattering gems themselves would somehow make them as bad as Homeworld. Rose is full of shit.

I'd watch a SU abridged that only tackles relevant parts of episodes

You cared enough to post here

I'll keep saying it. This show would benefit better with villains

>Yellow Diamond had so much potential and in the end her reveal was the single most disappointing thing in the show with the giraffe neck and "le silly meme face XD"
Fucking Sugar

It wasn't her reveal that was bad. It was the fact she sent the Rubies. But I guess it's buildup, hopefully to see a Nephrite.

Because the crew has the worst writers in a show they took the "friendly character not what she seems" trope and KEPT to the trope. They did nothing new, nothing interesting and I called that bismuth was a bad guy from a mile a fucking way.

Heres how a competent writer would have written that shit
>oh man its bismuth!
>yo why were you bubbled in lion?
>because rose no longer saw a use for me
>w-what?
>I am only good for one purpose, weapons crafting and smithing rose no longer saw a purpose for me so she poofed and bubbled me
>that said now that i'm unbubbled you need me! Lets make weapons!
>bismuth proceeds to craft unneeded weapons for dead soldiers
>(this scene goes against roses belief that a gem can craft their own destiny showing that bismuth was only made for one thing and feels most comfortable doing the thing she was made to do)

>Rose! I knew it was you, you said the exact same thing to me right here 5 thousand years ago!
>L-listen! I'm not rose! I'm steven her son
>I dont belief you!
>(insert fighting over the breaking point here)
>(insert steven stabbing bismuth here)
>ya know kid, you really are roses son hope you can do the same when the time comes. Call me when you need me
>(insert bismuth poofing here)
>(insert steven putting her in lion here)

Not only does this play on the trope of a person not seeming who they really are, but in the end they are still maintained as the good guy by testing that steven is really rose by knowing when the time comes that hes going to have to do bad shit to bad people because they'll force him too.

This also plays on the fact that again, rose believed that gems could be anything but bismuth is more comfortable in the thing she was made to do. But alas, this isn't how the crew writes because their all hacks.

the worst part is that /sug/ will defend the fuck out of this writing calling it a god send upon writing

>my friend and teammate has an opinion I don't think is logical ("we shouldn't condemn our former brethren to a fate worse than death")
>gonna kill her for thinking the wrong way instead of arguing the point

okay user

I don't even know how CN was willing to give Sugar the money to hire such a big name actor so early into the show's lifespan. SU wasn't even that big at the time of Sugilite's introduction.

Nicki Minaj is a gold-hoarding reptile who knew that even if the show didn't take off because of her cameo alone, she'd get paid.

Sugilite was a long time ago. They could get away with another VA who sounds sort of the same at this point.

this is fucking awful, its good to know you'll never be a content creator

But it was never about being as bad as homeworld. Never once did anyone use that phrase.
It was about not being as good as they could be.
Think about it, the breaking point isn't quicker or easier to use than any other weapon they have. And normal poofing and bubbling is equally practical as immediately shattering. IT served no purpose other than to execute PoWs.

Shh don't let tumblr hear you. They fucking worship her.

That's terrible!

Bismuth wouldn't have attacked Rose without arguing the point. Rose just didn't listen.

>"This guy tried to assassinate the president twice, lets just let him out of jail and try to talk him down!"

Without fleshing out the cast, what the hell would the Gems be fighting for?

Name a better show that is currently running.

This is actually good.

I just wish they would stop using Top Dollar voice actors unless the character is one shot, and I don't want fusions to be one shot.

Maybe they could save those damn celebrity voices for characters like Mr. Smiley's gay depressed friend

Or maybe the show isn't very good.

Bismuth tried to kill Steven. That alone is reason enough to leave her trapped.

I forgot that Rose lead a rebellion for the sake of some shitty tourist trap town on the east coast.
and not the rest of the world that we never see.

This one.
(Not that guy by the way.)

Meant to respond to 86049079

My little pony

but the episode basically did the latter you shit

only kids are going to think bismuth is ACTUALLY a bad guy, because she sure as fuck wasnt written as a bad guy

the rebellion happened before beach city existed

WOY was better

It would count if it had been renewed for a 3rd season and Disney actually bothered to do reruns of it though :(

Sugilite will never probably appear again because she's too apelike for tumblr

>but there's no reason Bismuth shouldn't be a regular part of the team
What, like attempted murder?

Wouldn't that be true for Amethyst too?

Season 6 has been pretty weak so far.

You are probably right.

In the end Rose was proven a hypocrite by using the breaking point the Pink Diamond, also making her a dick for still having Bismuth stay bubbled even after using the breaking point. Guess she didn't want to admit she was wrong.

Amethyst doesn't have the pointed teeth that make Sugilite look animalistic and savage

Good point.

It really was

Rose didn't use the breaking point though.

She crushed PD with her thighs

if she had it before (like made it before/ ear;ier in )
lapis ( an innocent gem)would have been killed

>Bismuth wouldn't have attacked Rose without arguing the point. Rose just didn't listen.
>my headcanon is true because I say so

Yeah, just like Bismuth tried to argue the point calmly with Steven, huh

shes coming out and joining the team SU just needs to put normal shit in between its big shit its how it works

Bismuth had been through it all before and would have much less patience this time.

I mean it deals with adult stuff but it is still absolutely a kids show. Its not going to be all intense all the time.

It is when you have magic guns that instantly put bad guys in coma's and send them to an inescapable prison.
At that point killing them offers literally zero advantage.

Gumball in just last two episodes beats your awful lore with ease, because it's actually fast paced

we've already seen a nephrite though user
or did you mean an uncorrupted one?

>She's been through it before
And you think it's okay that her reaction is to turn murderous even faster rather than do something different? The problem with people arguing about voting or Bismuth's ideals is she DID do this before. She had every opportunity to bring all the crystal gems down to look at the breaking point, but instead she chose to only talk to steven, alone, and in a way where she'd be able to try to murder him if he said no.

because sugar is a starstruck fangirl who uses the show as a tool to meet her idols