Why did it all go wrong for the Kingdom Hearts story...

Why did it all go wrong for the Kingdom Hearts story? Kingdom Hearts 1 had a simple and clean story then it all fell apart during Chain of Memories. Now the story is just a mess drowning in shit.

Can we please go back to Disney and Square characters without all this retarded story? AND WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE A KEYBLADE NOW

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xm-NoyqzGkY
youtube.com/watch?v=rgCSgNakvlo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because KH1 was aimed at kids who grew up with Disney movies about to enter their teens where they would watch more anime and play JRPGs so might as well make the story more aimed at them.

And personally, I want 3 to be even more of a convoluted JRPG story just to fuck with the retards who only played 1 and 2 and the little kids and tweens with their nu-Disney pandering.

I don't know why people like to pretend KH1 didn't have crazy shit in it

>a simple and clean story

>simple and clean

Everything got sorta real weird through the Hollow Bastion part.

>Kari's heart was in Sora the whole time.
>Sora became a heartless
>Ansem possess Riku
>That whole Ansem fight in general
>King Mickey was behind the door all along.

It was crazy but it wasn't crazy complex 2deep4u everyone has 5 hearts bullshit.

>5 hearts
What are you referring to because Sora had 3 hearts in him during KH1

That made the game memorable imo

KH went to shit when they decided to add in unrealistically competent twat fighter women like Skuld, Kairi, and Aqua. These pieces of shit that only beta loser males glorify are so annoying because god forbid you write women realistically. Zack would have gotten turned DOWN by Aqua for being a weak male who needed a woman's protection in BBS.

What's the point about bitching about the OC stuff getting more attention? Pretty much most of the important Disney material has been covered with the only stuff remaining being the few unused profilic movies, recent ones, B-list movies Disney treats like shit, and random live-action movies and the possibility of having Pixar join the fray, while TV shows are off-limits.

Same thing with the FF material being mostly used up, since Nomura refuses to use any FF stuff from games he didn't work on.

I get the story of Kingdom Hearts, somehow, but I also got Homestuck's clusterfuck of a plot so I'm not one to judge.

Chances are that Kingdom Hearts 4 is going to start a new storyline that reduces the scope of the plot tremendously.

there's a coherent story?

Jumping right into 254/2 days is so confusing

What would Nomura need to do to permanently render the KH series as unprofitable?

Fairly coherent. To me 3D is the game that really throws me for a loop.

The story itself is simple, it's just a mess to follow and the details can be easily missed.

I'm surprised that it's not yet.

I'll never understand why they thought time travel would be a good idea. That said, you can understand the story fine if you play the games. Doesn't necessarily make it good. It has some nice character moments at times, and I enjoy the interactions with Disney characters, but there is some seriously convoluted shit that comes from Nomura making a mystery before he thinks of the answer.

Kingdom Hearts was made without a sequel in mind, but once the project got bigger they had to expand.

I thought how they used Time Travel was super interesting. Seriously unneeded, but unique.

Why would you jump into the series with that game? It's near the end of the arc. It's like getting into Narnia at book 3.

>just to fuck with the retards who only played 1 and 2 and the little kids and tweens with their nu-Disney pandering.
What did he mean by this?

The story was fairly coherent. BBS did explain a lot of shit that happened in KH1.

DDD had to involve Time Travel, and now Unchained X is delving into the world of artificial simulations of the Keyblade War.

Recoded did it first. [chi] always hinted at the whole thing being simulated.

Seeing Tangled and Big Hero 6 are confirmed, you think they manage to sneak in a Zootopia world or just a summon?

We know Frozen will be getting in because Japan eats that shit right up.

>simple and clean story

Maybe, but I hope the furry world is Robin Hood. Pretty overdue in my opinion.

Well, Nick and Judy are a medal in UX.

Post bad characters

It was so surreal seeing Tron Legacy in the first official DDD trailer. That was new as shit.

I like Tron Legacy. I cant wait for 2.8
Pic not related btw

Yeah it actually has rules and limitations on it

>artificial simulations
Ven's dreaming about it probably. Going by Nomura's cryptic announcements and promo pics.

When Japan JAPAN'D all over it. I don't know how it happened but the way they write is insane.

>a simple and clean story
That's certainly the way that it's making me feel tonight.

The story was fine up to and including KH2. Then they brought in all the retcons, Shyamalan plot twists, and deviantart OC's.

>Treasure Planet was recently discovered in 3D as left over data
>worlds that don't make it in one game are considered for the next

Absolute mad men. I still prefer Atlantis.

Days was the worst.

Where can I read up on X's story? My phone can't run it.

Youtube, or KHInsider.

Zootopia World is where we'll finally get full anthro Lion Sora

Forget that. How about Nomura actually designs an ORIGINAL world with original anthro OCs? It's bullshit that in KHX every single faction of keyblade wielders is generic boring ass humans. Seriously, every single original world in KH is solely populated by human OCs? Where is Nomura's imagination. It would be like if Ben 10 has different alien planets/species but all of them conveniently look 100% like humans.

That entire game was just completely unnecessary from a plot perspective.

Greentext version
>Kid named Tidus is a sports celebrity suffering from comparisons to his emotionally abusive/absent father, another sports celebrity
>Encounters a kaiju called Sin, is transported to 1000 years in the future where his civilization is destroyed and everyone lives in fear of Sin
>This world has mages called Summoners who go on a pilgrimage to defeat Sin for a few years, after which Sin returns
>Kid joins up with a friend of his Dad's, the world's worst blitzball player, and a lady summoner who wants his dick to defeat Sin
>Learns from Dad's friend that his Dad defeated Sin 10 years ago, and became the new Sin
>On the last leg of the journey, he learns that summoners die once they defeat Sin, gets angsty about maybe losing his new gf
>Once the pilgrimage is complete, the party learns that Sin will never truly be abolished, in spite of what they've been told by the religious cult that rules the world
>Also turns out Tidus's home was a fictionalized version of the real one, perpetuated in a dreamlike state by the ghosts of the civilization
>If Sin is defeated forever, Tidus will disappear
>Tidus convinces the party to start thinking for themselves instead of believing cult dogma
>Party finds a way to defeat Sin for good
>Tidus reconciles with his father/Sin and they both disappear
>Summoner chick is revered as the savior of the world, but at the cost of losing her true love.

That's the quick and dirty version, but it doesn't do the story justice. Watch some of the cutscenes if nothing else, it's actually a very well-told and emotional story, though it has a few cringey moments.

>ORIGINAL world with original anthro OCs
Because he's not going to.

disney prolly vetoed that shit

Kingdom Hearts doesnt exist so some loser can self insert as a furry

Stop making up crap. Zootopia nuff said.

And he's a shit for it. High fantasy always has beast races like FF9 or Chrono Cross, etc. Nomura is personally a faggot who sticks to boring humans. Chrono Trigger's staff made Frog because they thought the all human cast was boring.

Just want Sora to bro with an OC anthro, pre-existent characters don't count.

This coming from THE furry board? Get out.

>Nomura is personally a faggot who sticks to boring humans.
>Sora to bro with an OC anthro,
k.

Kingdom Hearts is in the same league as The Simpsons, Spongebob, Family Guy. It will never end because it's way too profitable and insanely popular. Look at what Square has done the past couple of years with Kingdom Hearts. They released HD Remakes of all the KH games and it sold like pancakes. And they even made a mobile game that's also insanely profitable.

They can literally shit on a game disc and title it Kingdom Hearts 2.shit and people will eat it up because it has Kingdom Hearts in the title. This series is going no where

I'm in /trash/ right now?

disney owns ALL kh characters

Actually Tetsuya Nomura had ideas for a sequel during development of the first game. That's why he added the secret ending

So, Disney had creative control over the first game and then starting with Chain of Memories gave Square Enix full creative control of the series right? Because that would explain everything

Doubt it. It's likely just a case of pandering to Japan too much and not really knowing where to go after the first game.

Not exactly. How it goes, and how it continues to go is that Nomura and his team of a list of things that they want to do and they have to run it by Disney to see if it's okay. Most of the time they let him do what he wants, but initially with characters like Mickey there was only so much that he could do. That's why Mickey really only show up at the end of KH1 and as a silhouette.

As the games go one, they pretty much let him do whatever he wants, all he has to do is say hey we wanna try this and this, is that all right? Actually I believe in a KH3 interview last year or the year before Nomura or Tai Yasue said that Disney hasn't told them no to anything that they've asked, in not so many words.

No way. If Disney had creative control at any point in KH's history Sora would be reduced to being Dumber, More Emasculated, Everything Bad Happens to Sora, etc. And Kairi would become the leading protagonist because Disney leaks estrogen in all their media which is Gynocentric propaganda shit for twats and beta faggot males.

If you think Sora sucks now? He would become even worse under Disney. He'd be a real "Nice Guy" if you catch my drift. God, Disney and male characters do not mix.

It had really good character moments though. Uselessness of the plot aside Axel's speech to Shion is pretty good scene.

Damn Redpill-kun do you ever rest? I feel bad for Sup Forums, at least Sup Forums has caught on to your antics.

Here's how to fix Kingdom Hearts:

>remove all original characters
>remove keyblades
>release a poll in JP and US that says who's the most popular Square enix character, and have them pair up with Mickey mouse
>they go across worlds fighting an amalgamation of villains and evil from several worlds/games
>have characters from worlds interact with eachother. If a disney executive objects, smash their head in with a bust of Walt Disney.

There, I just made this serious 500% less cringy.

Disagree. Roxas is boring. His story is boring. So it sucks. I will never understand the hard on the fanbase has for this boring piece of shit whose main ambition is.....to live a boring life doing homework.

Guy lived a shit life and just wants friends and ice cream. Jesse McCartney also did a good job voicing him.

Jesse is so far ahead of everyone else in KH's voice talent is not even funny.

>remove keyblades
Fuck off.

And a shit fate he deserved. But because Nomura is a shit he will REVIVE character who should stay gone and pander to stupid fantards. KH IMO went to shit because of this. It's bad enough that death is a joke in KH, but really going through with reviving characters? Fuck that shit. It's why I'm not interested in KH3 all that much. Not enough to buy anyway.

Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Xion, Namine, and Roxas. All of these fucks should have 100% died. Nomura wouldn't be keen on reviving them if he had an editor that grabbed Nomura's balls and told him:

"For every character you revive your balls get squeezed and then smashed with a hammer. So are you sure you want to revive them?"

Nomura is a hack. He wouldn't be a big hack if he had someone willing to threaten him with painful ballbust sessions to keep him in line for every dumb idea of his.

I do think that if they just made this series based PURELY around Final Fantasy and Disney or OCs and Disney, it'd be a lot cleaner and less overly complicated. I mean, it was cool that FF characters showed up, but it didn't help me be any less confused at the story.

Make the Heartless just the plan of 'the villains.' Like an organization that they banded together of Disney and/or FF villains, or something. Maybe make it secret plot by Kefka or some bullshit to take over the multiverse.

Get rid of Mickey replacing Donald and Goofy though. D and G were mah bois

Meant to respond to this.

Terra is the only one that earned his fate. I do agree Nomura is too revive happy, though none of those characters technically died. Bringing back the Organization members was dumb.

I just want Uprising to get some love.

k

You're assuming he's not an incredible masochist.

And in case you want to tell me he isn't may I remind you, he is a game developer.

Did you just stop right there, or something? Are you retarded?

>but it didn't help me be any less confused at the story
It was cool to see Final Fantasy characters, but it didn't make sense in the story.

>remove Keyblades

And opinion discarded. You disgust me

Am I the only one who actually loves the story? I know it's batshit insane and over the top retarded but it's so entertaining. It's like a car crash. You know it's a horrible sight but you can't look away

I like it. Half the fun is trying to figure out Nomura's crazyness.

>unrealistically competent
>Kairi
What game did you play? It wasn't the same one I played for sure.

>In an interview with Famitsu Weekly, Tetsuya Nomura, director of the Kingdom Hearts series, explained the meaning behind the "2.8" in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue.

>Since this is the first title after Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, Dream Drop Distance HD is being treated as "Kingdom Hearts 2.6". Then, Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover/Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ represents "0" since it is the first title in the Kingdom Hearts storyline. Lastly, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep represents "0.1", which leads to Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-. Then from all three titles in the collection, you add 2.6 + 0 + 0.2 to get 2.8.

Nomura is so fucking insane but goddamn I love this man so much. Once you get on the Nomura wild ride you can never get off

DDD was quite possibly the most bizarre installment of the series.

>Introduction of 'mons
>Dream shit
>Ursula out of nowhere at the beginning.
>Tron Legacy world with the awkward realistic Jeff Bridges and his son re-doing almost the whole movie with Riku as a prop in his visit.
>Disney's darkest and most intense animated feature (Hunchback) in a game also featuring worlds based on Pinnochio and a random DTV Mickey Mouse movie.
>The whole Time Travel shit.
>The secret boss is the monster from Runaway Brain.
>Axel/Lea getting a Keyblade out of nowhere.

Supposedly Atlantis was considered for KH1, but was scrapped due to the difficulty of showing off the vehicles in KH1's engine.

I believe that one's a fan translation, the original translation is less fucked in the head.

Ah, the Blonde Haired Kid

It's a future complaint. KH3 will have Kairi fighting and stupidly keeping up with the male fighters simply because.....bad writing. Though IRL women make for terrible warriors and soldiers. What I wouldn't give for Sora to be the dominant one in the relationship but Nomura is a beta cuck faggot like Alex Hirsch. Nomura will have Sora be a pussy whipped faggot boy vs Kairi. So no chance of him wearing the pants in the relationship. God am I tired of beta faggot male protagonists who bend backwards to pussy ass bitches because it is Politically Correct to portray this shit.

God, ain't that a trip.

Reminder that he was drunk when he came up with Coded's story.

Im sure the language barrier contributes but Im also certain the original is just as retarded

>be 10 year old me
>loved KH1
>didn't know about CoM
>play KH2 a few years later
>mfw

Anyone else knows this feel?

Over here. Never even knew it was a thing until a few years after KH2

Atlantis would work if it's Sora and friends arriving at the city as soon as Milo and the crew reach it to save time. Then the only vehicles to use are the stone fish and maybe Rourke's planes can be replaced by those plane Heartless from 2.

Leviathan can be a secret boss or something. Came up with the idea of fighting it while in Atlantica forms.

No not really

And it's going to be worse for people who haven't played a Kingdom Hearts game since Kingdom Hearts 2 and jump right into Kingdom Hearts 3. I feel sorry for those poor souls

shit man
i still remember the BHK threads...

Look at all those characters needing to be killed off and their deaths would improve the series.

It won't really

whatever you say user.

I don't. You can get the HD collections and get everything you need.

Can someone cliffnotes the story, I heard that Sora was revealed to be like a clone of someone that is actually a copy of someone else? And that his soul/heart was turned into someone else who got their own game? But it turned out that they were all just fragments of someone else who became heartless or something?

he meant for the xbox one crowd?
isn't it still hitting XB1?

if so, then we WOULD be getting a 1.5/2.5 1 disc rerelease and i could REALLY use that because i hate switching discs.

>cliffnotes
>Of the KH story

That's impossible user. You need to know quite of bit of backstory between characters to understand what the fuck is going on

This is now a Quorra thread.

>I heard that Sora was revealed to be like a clone of someone that is actually a copy of someone else? And that his soul/heart was turned into someone else who got their own game? But it turned out that they were all just fragments of someone else who became heartless or something?
Sora is his own original person. Ventus is also his own original person. The "clone-ness" comes from Ven's story in BbS.

Ventus was under Master Xehanort's tutelage and Master Xehanort in his quest for knowledge about the X-Blade and the Keyblade War thought that he could obtain the X-blade to open Kingdom Hearts by having equal amount of Light and Darkness clash. Ven was the unfornuate guinea pig for this. Xehanort extracted the dark part of his heart to create Vanitas. This in turn severely fucked Ven up, to the point where he was implied to be near death. Sora, as a newborn heart, reaches out to Ven and fills in the missing part of his heart. This in turn changes Vanitas' appearance to match that of Sora's but with black hair. Fast forward to the end of BbS, Ven and Vanitas' reunion had unfortunate consequences and Ven's heart was shattered. Sora, this time as a 4 year old, takes Ven's heart into his for him to heal and sheltered his heart for the next 10 years.

Fast forward to the end of KH1 where Sora release his and Kairi's hearts. When Sora did this it created the Nobodies, Roxas and Namine. Roxas, the leftover body and soul of Sora after he free his heart, notably looks like Ventus. The reason for this is that when Sora went to free his and Kairi's hearts, Ven's heart stayed behind in his body, giving it Roxas' appearance.

Only Xion (she never should've been a thing really), and I guess Roxas (his character arc was done by KH2)

youtube.com/watch?v=xm-NoyqzGkY

So is Utada going to do the theme for Kingdom Hearts 3? This is important. It's actually a dealbreaker for me. If she's not in KH 3 then it will be automatically shit. 10 years later and KH 2 opening still gives me chills. I love it so much

youtube.com/watch?v=rgCSgNakvlo