Why is Trump's campaign slogan 'Make America Great Again' if it was never great before...

Why is Trump's campaign slogan 'Make America Great Again' if it was never great before? For a lot of minorities and women, they can't recall a time when America was better for themselves than it is now. Even if you insist that it was better in the past, it was only better in the eyes of white men.

Other urls found in this thread:

takimag.com/article/wearing_a_trump_shirt_in_new_york_city_gavin_mcinnes/print#ixzz4HwFS7DSM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

>what is the greatest generation

Then why are they rioting and setting fire to their own neighborhoods?

Hmmm?

Why are minorities and women such failures then?

White men are the only reason America isn't a complete and utter shithole. Their opinions are the only ones that matter.

>they can't recall a time when America was better for themselves than it is now

I am so forwarding this to BLM just to see how hard they screech at it.

>Blacks are being genocided by the state
>Women are being raped en mass at college

>Better than its ever been
?

If they can't recall it, that's their own fault. You show me a bunch of old niggers and women who think what's going on today is better than what was going on in their youth. They have no realistic conception of history. Why do you think the outraged negro grandmother going off on how her daughters brood is all acting a fool is a meme in every black people movie?

nice bait

Sounds pretty based, tbqh senpai.

IDK that Lib idol, in "Requiem for the American Dream" Noam Chomsky, tries to argue that the 1950's was great for everyone, including women and minorities and everything was getting better.... He wants to get back to the policies, and social progress, and "solidarity" of the 1950's. So I guess he agrees that America can be great again if we go back to the 1950's, and that's coming from a liberal intellectual GOD, not me...

>When we say we want to make America great again what we really mean is we want to make America proud again. We want to recognize the people who made America great and show some gratitude.

>takimag.com/article/wearing_a_trump_shirt_in_new_york_city_gavin_mcinnes/print#ixzz4HwFS7DSM

Anyway, that is why. Trump wants to make America great again for everyone, so we can all be proud of America again and not have our American labor sold short.

There's lots of ways America used to be great. People had values, politics wasn't so corrupt, education was better, economic growth was better, people joked about stuff instead of uptight political correctness, men weren't manipulated and taken advantage of by women, etc. We used to have pride and a future. Now all we have is sex and money. There is no shame. The way our culture has changed overall has been bad. The way we lived was better in the past.

>it was only better in the eyes of white men.
Coincidentally, I'm a white man so why shouldn't I vote for the candidate that wants to make things better for me?

Its only called that by white people. Blacks hate any time pre civil rights.

Because their standard of living is shit compared to whites. they think they're still being oppressed

Yeah yeah nice memes. I'm not a third wave feminist or a BLM stooge, I'm just saying its objectively way better to be living as a woman or minority now than it was 50 years ago, when america was supposedly greater.

Oh yeah I'm sure all those old blacks are just begging to bring back jim crow laws and all the other pre civil rights movement attitudes and barriers

It never occurs to me to make threads about Canada, because I don't give two shits about Canada.

Even then, there were no ghetto culture and blacks tried their best to be civil and crap, also the economy and the government was relatively untouched by the kikes

Hey Canada. How's that black Prime Minister doing? Can you name a black Minister of Foreign Affairs? How about Attorney General? How about any black person in a position of any sort of significance in the Canadian government? Yeah, didn't think so.

/thread

It was great when only 25% of black children were born out of wedlock.

It was great when from 1950-1965, average black wages were rising at double the rate of white people's wages.

It was great before "civil rights" leaders like Jesse Jackass, Al Sharlaton and other idiots came in and decided they wanted to take respect by force instead of earning it.

It was great before LBJ said "I'll have those niggers voting Democrat for the next 200 years."

There was a time... And only the miseducated like yourself and those that are being misled believe otherwise.

It's a very clever slogan designed to appeal to not-very-clever people.

It's actually not better living in America as a woman; for all the freedoms they have the amount of depression and mental issues among women is at an all time high. Is being less happy better for anyone?

Minorities who embrace the country and its people rather than spit on them as evil whitey are always embraced back. There's a reason Asian and Indian immigrants do so much better here, it's because they respect America and the opportunity its freedom provides, unlike a majority of blacks who resent it or illegal Hispanics who just use it as a way of funneling money back to the shithole countries they remain loyal to.

STOP RUINING MY IMAGE ON THE INTERNET BY ASSOCIATION STOP STOP STOP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>leaf

For one, you have no idea because you're a fucking leaf, so let's get that out of the way. For two, I don't know if you've seen stats on black employment and incarceration and single motherhood compared to sixty years ago, but shit has sure gotten a lot worse for them since then. You know as well as I do that the 'education and employment' meme for women hasnt made them happier, it's actually made them more miserable. And the worst part is, everything that happened in the intervening time hasn't just made minorities and women worse off and less satisfied with life, its done the same for everybody else too.

thats the whole issue you idiot. White males don't want a society dominated by

>muh diversity
>muh gender equality

it's fucking stupid and is AGAINST us.

>only better in the eyes of white men
>am white male

I don't see a problem here officer.

If anything the last 50 years just further proved Blacks and women are almost unanimously Dumb and childlike as a whole

What…. You mean you don't want to surrender all your forefathers and you have earned because shitskins and women can't make it on their own so they vote for more stuff for them despite contributing a fraction of what white males do in taxes and services?

The problem is, the level of comfort, wealth and safety that women and minorities now enjoy, is temporary and artificial. It was given to them by white men (or rather hijacked from them by Jews) and is not self sustaining.

A society where women and minorities have power will degrade that society. Only white men are capable of building the civilizations that the West now takes for granted.

I like to think of it as kids hating their disciplinarian fathers,thinking them to be old and out of touch. Only to one day realize that they were they were because life necessitates it, DEMANDS it.
The only thing is, minorities and women will never grow up, they will blame white men to the bitter end, as once great nations crumble around them.

you are the worst shill ive ever seen,
its supposed to be "america never stopped being great", i hope you get fired

All these things you mention are economic in nature, not social. Domestically, the economy was much better because of the post war boom, everyone knows that. That doesn't detract from the fact that blacks were second class citizens who lived a lot shittier than whites

So, wait, it's better now that blacks are slaughtering one another on the streets of Chicago and Detroit, and having race riots in Milwaukee and Baltimore?

if you cant make it here on your own then why should you be here? also women dont need to survive on their own if they would just submit to men like the bible says and stop this new age feminism gay ass shit.

>can't recall a better time
What were the late 1960's. Canada BTFO for not knowing American history.

Stop responding to leaf threads guys ty

If you do at least sage them

Why did you post a pic of Soros and Trudeau lite? I thought this was a 'murrican thread

Still shitskins all over the world wanted to go to America.
Don't be so salty america once were the greatest country

Good, fuck them. They should've taken the good advice of Marcus Garvey and went back to Africa.

>for a lot of minorities

That's the thing. Democracy is a tyranny of the majority at the expense of the minority. Luckily we have a Republic so it's not as bad as it could be.

I thought leafs were supposed to be more educated than us.

hmm, really makes me think

This. Heaven forbid there is ever some actual discussion on Sup Forums that deviates from the usual echo chamber

>Make America great again.
Implies that America used to be great, but isn't great currently, and this is a state of affairs Trump supposedly wants to change.
>For minorities and women America has never been greater.
Fifty years ago women were almost at parity as far as college attendance in STEM fields, something that they claim to be fighting for now.
Blacks used to be gradually improving their situation, producing new music and culture, but now a significant proportion if not a majority of them live in poor neighborhoods with low opportunity and extraordinarily high rates of crime while the democrats they vote for do nothing to work with them and improve their situation.
It is true that certain facets of our country have improved, however we have grown deficient and corrupt in others and the America of the past would be objectively better in those regards.

An America which can retain its improvements and address its failures should be better in the eyes of anyone willing to look at reality objectively.

>For a lot of minorities and women,
Stopped reading. Nobody cares

/thread

>Because their standard of living is shit compared to whites

Their standard of living is shit because they burn down their own fucking neighborhood every 20 years. This has been going on for over a century, for fuck's sake.

>it was only better in the eyes of white men.
And this is a bad thing? There is nothing wrong with pleasing the people who created the modern world. Making america, and (leafland also) just means eliminating the kike influence, after that women will happily head back to the kitchen and niggers and spic will be ignored until they rape and get put on death row

>Fifty years ago women were almost at parity as far as college attendance in STEM fields

They were generally barred or discouraged from most non traditional jobs. I mean sure they could get the education, but nobody would hire them.

>Blacks used to be gradually improving their situation, producing new music and culture, but now a significant proportion if not a majority of them live in poor neighborhoods with low

I don't think anyone could say with a straight face that a black president, doctor, CEO would be possible 50 years ago. Their position was still complete shit, but it was less shit because america happened to be experiencing an economic boom. However, they were relegated to the lowest caste of workers in those days. They weren't allowed to go anywhere higher than the assembly line, or to do much else other than menial labor. Their position in terms of economic and social opportunity is far better than ever before. Their perceived cultural stagnation and other domestic issues are irrelevant to the fact that they in fact live much better than they did before the civil rights movement

Protip: Trump ties most of his policies to the economy and economics are seriously a branch of social science more than they are real science. Niggers and women weren't bitching when the economy was great and they won't bitch when the economy is great again. And a great economy is mostly dependant on white men being in charge. Do you really think the right to vote or the expectation of going to college for a make work job is more valuable than a secure existence with a decent job for blacks or a comfy existence being taken care of by a man for women?

Women and minorities aren't people. History is told from the perspective of white males because this country is all about white males. We matter.

I dont recall it either but it sounds good.

>Born in the 80's
>Drag queens everywhere
>90s come around rap takes a hold everyone is now acting like a brother
>2000's roll in and now everyone dresses in all black and cries about their lives like it is so hard the emo days
>2010's roll in and we are all back to being drag queen rap listening half emo half geek looking feminists.

So if it was better then any of that lets have it.

>A fucking leaf
Why are you even on Sup Forums?
Are you paid to be here?

>I don't think anyone could say with a straight face that a black president, doctor, CEO would be possible 50 years ago.

blatantly false and shows you know nothing of history.

The 20s were a great time for everyone

You tell me where and when, anywhere in the world, a black or woman president or other head of state has been objectively better for blacks and women than a white man in the same position would have been. We've had a black head of state in America and female heads of state in Europe and none of them has been better for those groups than a white man would have been, and have arguably been much worse. Really, can you even tell me with a straight face that white men haven't usually been better heads of state than blacks even in Africa? Keep in mind I said usually before you throw Leopold and Belgium at me.

The fact that you're all defaulting to 'hurr durr its better when white men are in charge and blacks are held down anyway' shows that you can't even refute the argument. Don't Americans pride themselves on freedom and equality for all?

I come to discuss politics. I thought that's what this place is for

Equality is nowhere in any of our body of founding thought. Equal opportunity is, equal outcome is absolutely not.

Bitch has AIDS

Exactly, equal opportunity. Something that didn't exist pre civil rights movement, when America was 'greater'

>Don't Americans pride themselves on freedom and equality for all?
America was founded on the principal of WHITE MEN being free and having the vote. The equality clause applied to WHITE MEN. Stop watching so much MTV you uneducated cunt, it's jian ghomeshi fans like you that make it open season on any faggot leaf flag posting here
>lrn2history idiot

>politics
you aren't discussing politics, you're just making social justice bait threads with absolutely no political substance
>muh """feelings"""
saged

Were the 50s-60s really that bad for all women? I know some hated it, but some were more than content back then.

No I'm not. I'm addressing a valid inconsistency in trumps campaign. He claims to be inclusive and has been pandering to blacks recently. But he uses the slogan 'make america great again'. Many minorities have correctly pointed out that for them it was never great. In their view it was only ever great to white men. Its actually a politically retarded slogan if he intends to actually draw these voters

>Why is Trump's campaign slogan 'Make America Great Again' if it was never great before?

kys

> For a lot of minorities and women, they can't recall a time when America was better for themselves than it is now.

how about when marriage rates were at their highest and the majority of prisoners were not majority-black? That was only forty years ago.

don't spout off about American politics if you're a dumb-as-shit leaf.

Where is it written in the constitution that America was founded for white men?

Daily reminder that working-class blacks and Hispanics are the most harmed by illegal immigration.

>Many minorities have correctly pointed....
Trashed. Fuck of chink

>caring what sub humans think

America was last great in the 1950's... arguably in 1964... after that it was nothing but degeneracy and subhumans breeding without thought for the morrow. They are just recently reaping what they sowed so long ago...

>Its only called that by white people. Blacks hate any time pre civil rights.

Clearly you don't know blacks much. They still hate everything, and nothing will change it.

>wasn't good for niggers and bitches

Yeah well I am white what's ya point cunt?

>>It was great before "civil rights" leaders like Jesse Jackass, Al Sharlaton and other idiots came in and decided they wanted to take respect by force instead of earning it.

>>It was great before LBJ said "I'll have those niggers voting Democrat for the next 200 years."

>All these things you mention are economic in nature, not social.

>Canadian education.

>Why is Trump's campaign slogan 'Make America Great Again' if it was never great before?
>Great Again
>never great before
The keyword is 'again'. It has it's ups and downs, and right now a lot of people think its in a down and quickly declining.

Regarding specifically the phrase 'we hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' I could start off by heavily arguing what the definition of 'men' is, and further what exactly 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' entails for people falling under the heading of 'men'

>Better in the eyes of white men

What a bigoted and racist statement.

The greatest point in US history was just prior to Civil rights, when the median income between whites and blacks was at the lowest point in our history, blacks were being educated fairly well, at their own levels, and the desire to learn was instilled in both peoples.

Now we have to dumb down every curriculum to help the niggers succeed, they are so addicted to welfare they cant or wont try to escape (because free money is hard to pass up), and their subculture has gone from "lets try to emulate white folks to be better people" to "FUCK WHITEY, GIBSMEDAT WHITE PUSSY WHITEBOI"

After segregation ended, man. Everything has been a downward spiral.

I'm sorry, but I can't seem to find anything in the US Constitution mention that liberty is exclusive to White men.

Maybe if you stopped projecting so much you would realise this.

>civil war
>civil rights
>capitalism making it possible tor minorities to be prosperous

All whites.

>I can't seem to find anything in the US Constitution mention that liberty is exclusive to White men.
Because you are a fucking moron. Read the Declaration of Independence, which was penned first. That document arguably set the cornerstone of american exceptionalism. Niggers were a field beast until they were replaced with more productive machinery. Go ahead and mention 'but muh pets invented peanut butter'. Your arguments are that weak

>blacks weren't better off under segregation
integration has destroyed black culture.

Bump

Show me the passages in the declaration of Independence (a document that is irrelevant today).

I'll be waiting.

niggers actually had better quality of life and familial relationships and education during and in the years following slavery

>a document that is irrelevant today
1. Fuck off Trudeau prepper
2. jewgle is your friend
I suppose the the Canadian Confederation Act was irreverent as well, I guess you would feel just fine claiming to live in the Dominion of Canada while flying a fucking leaf flag. Get fucked gook. Also lean some history not taught in high school or your local community college