/éire/

Keiyon edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tJP_IOGwY58
youtu.be/TYuxYAozA84
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why don't you speak Irish?

Not arsed about rugby. Here are the reasons why:

- Elitist. It has a disproportionate amount of fee paying school graduates and genetically gifted Chads whose lives would have been good even if they weren't professional athletes. They display false modesty after scoring as they have secure social status by default so they don't need to gloat to feel like winners. Hard to relate to for a lot of people

- Cushioned by media. When they don't perform, they aren't attacked by the media like the football (football as in soccer) team would be. This is because the media is dominated by people of the same socio-economic background as a lot of these rugby players

- Shit fans. The fact that they aren't segregated at games due to no risk of conflict just goes to show how the fans are boring and have no passion. Compare this to football where you have people giving each other shit and having fun being themselves without a pretense of acting "civilised", "friendly" or some other bullshit

- Less technical sport. These is less room to differentiate yourself with skill than most other sports and less diverse in tactics. Displays of individualism and personal glory are frowned upon. A lot of the game just consists of people bashing into each other which I don't find interesting. Plus this is a way out for fat people to get away with being athletes which also bothers me

- Smaller playing pool. There are less people competing at the top level so it's easier to climb the pyramid. Therefore being a top rugby player isn't as much of an achievement as being a top footballer

Rugby players are always getting concussions too, aren't they? Wouldn't want to be one of them.

>calling soccer "football"
Stopped reading there.

Nobody cares if you don't like Rugby.

Yeah, I know. Hell of a mistake to make.

>Stopped reading there.
Perhaps I should've mentioned I originally wrote that post on Sup Forums so there was no need to specify soccer since most people there know it as football

I'll still count the (You)

>Perhaps I should've mentioned I originally wrote that post on Sup Forums
Why repost it here then? You could have made a post critical of Rugby without harping on about how Soccer is supposedly superior. Given how unpopular soccer tends to be on /éire/, all it does is detract from your criticisms of Rugby.

Almost shitty anthems time.

And about 3 hours to Franxx.

youtu.be/tJP_IOGwY58

Sublime pass, kicking a worry perhaps.

Uncharacteristically bad kick from Sexton there. But a try is more than enough compensation.

Fair play to the crowd too; deadly silence during Sexton's kick. The French could learn a thing or two from the Irish and Welsh fans.

>Fair play to the crowd too
Was expect some Welsh cunt to shout out. Maybe they will the longer game goes on and the more tense things become.

Leinster bias, should've put Keatley on the field.

The Welsh are gonna have to start breeding taller men if they want a chance of beating Toner in the line-out.

AGAIN?

Get it together, Sexton.

REEEEEE

I've just remembered what a horrible dream I had last night. There was a dog under a blanket on my legs, and its paws kept pressing down on my balls. I kept trying to push the shitty fucking animal away from me but it's like its paws were magnetically attached to the most sensitive part of my body. It just kept happening, it was actually like being tortured.

Clearly you desire dogdom.

Christ, these TV3 commentators are boring.

>Ireland leading at half time
Did not see that coming. Savage try by Aki.

Not a bad finish to the half I guess. Really does highlight how much we rely on our kicker though.

Rugby players are always sounder than GAAgots, especially footballers, I've never met a footballer from Mayo or Donegal I didn't want to get gang raped in the woods
But I do agree with the nepotism of posh wankers in the rugby clubs

>working class people are ugly and they bully me!

And now for an hour of TV3 advertising British TV shows.

>shouting during Welsh kicks
Irish fans are saints, I thought? An incarnation of St. Patrick himself?

>Savage try by Aki
It was alright I guess. He's still a bit too brown for me though.

>gang raped in the woods
Ok then...

>GAA heads are working class
Name one GAA player from a council estate? They are middle class fucks. Bogshite /= working class. You'd hardly call a billionaire farmer a knacker

>British TV shows
I'll have you that Ireland's got talent is a West British show. Slight difference.

>Name one GAA player from a council estate
Half the Dublin team, take your pick.

>I've never met a footballer from Mayo or Donegal I didn't want to get gang raped in the woods
I can't speak for Mayo people, but are you sure that all Donegal people aren't just like that? Their accent alone is bad enough.

Aren't most senior inter-county GAA players either farmers, bankers, or teachers?

Didn't actually hear the Irish crowd jeering, but I might have missed it.

>Bogshite
t. Dub.

You're right though, council estate types tend to be Soccer fans.

What would you name your daughter? Elizabeth for me

>Donegal people aren't just like that? Their accent alone is bad enough.
A lot of them are grand honestly but hte footballers have such big fucking heads and it doesn't help that they are constantly suck off by everyone as local heroes who have permission to ride everyone's wives. But the accent, why do girls love it? It's just a less gruff IRA accent
>Elizabrit

>Didn't actually hear the Irish crowd jeering
It wasn't the crowd as a whole as such, just a handful of people shouting.
>council estate types tend to be Soccer fans
Secondeded.

>What would you name your daughter
Not Elizabeth anyways, that's for sure.
I used to like Saoirse but now that's a bit of a meme Yank name.

was more talking about football hooligans

Think we can see this game out, provided Sexton sorts himself out.
We do seem to struggle at getting over the gainline at times though, bit worrisome.

>But the accent, why do girls love it?
Most Ulster accents go right through my head to be honest. Painful to listen to.

>It wasn't the crowd as a whole as such, just a handful of people shouting.
Probably a few lost soccer fans.

This why no one should ever respect football fans
>Room filled with posters, merch and t shirts like an autistic Sonic fan
>Refer to the Brit team they randomly follow as "we"
>Actually fight other people
Fucking losers

>This why no one should ever respect football fans
*Soccer

You're only legitimising them by calling it Football.

>provided Sexton sorts himself out
I genuinely fear that his head will fall off one day, dunno how he's standing DESU. We got their 9 at least

>TV3 coverage misses the conversion
Sasuga.

People who play Gaelic football or hurling are a lot more common than rugby players so the crowd that likes it is a lot more diverse, the biggest share would probably just be middle class culchies. Some I get on with, others I don't so I don't judge them all the same. That said, the GAA has the country by the balls in the sense that people get jobs through their connections they've made from it or even just from the status of playing it itself which is apparent at a high enough level, i.e inter-county. On the other hand, I think this phenomenon can be good as it cements the higher status of Irish people within Ireland and helps to ostracise foreigners

I do think Irish people supporting British teams is retarded but nothing wrong with fighting other fans. At least it's funny as opposed the carry on you see from the Irish national team fans on JOE.ie at international tournaments. Honestly football casual/hooligan culture has declined massively anyway

It's entirely legitimate. When it comes to crunch, it's the most popular sport in Ireland

>Girl's that watch rugby for "the plot"

>When it comes to crunch, it's the most popular sport in Ireland
Gaelic Football is the most popular sport in Ireland last time I checked. Regardless, even if it's not, our own domestic Football takes precedence over Soccer when it comes to naming conventions, just as is the case in Australia and the USA. Anything less is pure West Britishness.

I'm very concerned that those missed conversions are going to cost us.

Girls who watch rugby because of social climbing aspirations is another reason to dislike the sport. A lot of the time, they're just plain looking girls who work in offices down the Dublin docklands burning out their ovaries thinking they're high status

I can understand calling it soccer when we have our football but acting like it's some illegitimate here sport is just incorrect which was more my point. Gaelic football is definitely the most played but when Ireland's soccer team plays in an important match then it certainly seems a bigger deal nationwide than the All-Ireland football final though

Does anyone actually still care about the Irish soccer team? Didn't everyone jump ship years ago? When were we in the World Cup last, 2002? Can anyone here name an Irish soccer player without going on wikipeida?

>but acting like it's some illegitimate here sport is just incorrect which was more my point.
I was never saying that Soccer is an illegitimate sport here. Just that we shouldn't call it Football when we have our own Football.

>but when Ireland's soccer team plays in an important match then it certainly seems a bigger deal nationwide than the All-Ireland football final though
To be fair, that's a false equivalence. When Ireland is playing Soccer on the international stage, you have the soccer fans, the casual fans, and the bandwagoners right across the country supporting the team - national pride plays a huge role in the swell of support. A Football final in Croke Park features just two counties and the only people outside those counties who will care are legitimate GAA fans.

Wales are giving away a lot of penalties. We should be much farther ahead.

Sexton is acting strange today.

>YFW he was right the whole time

MURRAY

Any of you lads in a relationship living in a different county than your one?

I lived in Galway all last year but moved back to Limerick to finish my last year in college, had a girlfriend up there all last year and wants to bring up ending it cause of the distance.

Satisfying finish, though all a bit nervy in truth.

>Any of you lads in a relationship
It's not April fools yet user.

>Limerick to Galway long distance

If only the west had decent infrastructure that made it possible to actually travel quickly

>Any of you lads in a relationship

>O'Gara not on the TV3 panel
Makes you think.

Limerick to Galway express and vice versa is probably the most consistent and only on time bus route. Buy ya, g'luck to ya if ya want to venture into the West

How long does it take? They're not connected by motorway as far as I know

>Satisfying finish, though all a bit nervy in truth.
Both sides made far too many mistakes, but it made for a great game all the same. Ireland were definitely the better team, but they didn't translate that into scores as efficiently as one might expect from a team that were dominating possession. The fact that Wales managed to get 27 points on the board from so little possession is very impressive.

It's about an hour and 40-50 minutes depending on traffic. That's the express and it is motorway, only stops at GMIT for like 2 seconds during the school months

>Ireland were definitely the better team
Those stats they put up really told a story. Tackles made, tackles missed, and possession as you mention.
>fact that Wales managed to get 27 points on the board from so little possession is very impressive
Indeed, it seemed to be our wings that were once again causing us trouble in defence.
If it wasn't for that intercept try we mightn't be anywhere near as pleased.

Actually 1 hr 10 mins, i got it every week last year

>normalfag problems
Enough of that now.

>He's not saving himself for Jaggy

youtu.be/TYuxYAozA84

By the way, what's going on with her face? Is that just shadows from her hair or some sort of markings?
I read the manga but don't remember her getting markings at any stage but those shadows don't really look like shadows.

>@1:07
Lel, I was just there last week

>By the way, what's going on with her face? Is that just shadows from her hair or some sort of markings?
It's from the final scene of the anime, which went for an anime-original ending. She used her sword's super power thing that should have killed her, but she survived somehow but is cursed now or something, hence the markings.

>an anime-original ending
Ahh ok. I'd seen you post that image before and was always a bit confused by them.
I watched about six episodes of it, then picked up the manga and kind of just forgot about the anime. Not that I didn't think it was good, but when you know the source material and what's going to happen it kind of detract from the whole thing for me.
>she survived somehow but is cursed now or something
Cursed with cute demon-like marks, not exactly a bad thing. A blessing even perhaps.

*detracts

>Not that I didn't think it was good, but when you know the source material and what's going to happen it kind of detract from the whole thing for me.
That's why I only read manga that never has a chance of being adapted.

>Cursed with cute demon-like marks
I think she has a shortened lifespan or something now.

The Sub-Optimal Irish IQ only allows the knowledge of one language - so they chose a useful like English that people actually speak

Ugh made a fool of myself again

>think she has a shortened lifespan or something now
Found it a bit strange how Mine(?) was the main love interest, despite the name of the series and Akame being on the cover.
I guess it doesn't really fit her personality though. Too pure.

What you do do now?

Go on....

>Too pure.
So pure. 10/10, would let her protect me.

>would let her protect me
You mean kill you because she loves you so much she wishes to free you from the horrors of this world?

That works too.

Kiss of Death time.

>wake up
>see this
>check nyaa
>uploaded 3 minutes ago

Does she want to break up or are you not comfortable with it?

>woke
Good morning. You missed the match desu.

>You missed the match desu.
And a great thread

We won right? Was it a good game?

>We won right? Was it a good game?
Yes and yes.

>Scotland currently beating England
Hold on a second there lads, darling is going to have to wait.

>We won right? Was it a good game?
Yes and yes. Certainly some things to work on and Sexton messed like three kicks.

>Sexton messed like three kicks
Should have brought RADGE on

That was a pretty fun episode.

I thought it was kind of cliche and lackluster. Maybe I'm just annoyed at the lack of mecha this episode.

You gotta learn to enjoy the simple things in life, like a well-executed beach episode.

The new Total War "thing" will have Meath as playable faction for the Gaels

Ichigo confirmed stupid.

>You gotta learn to enjoy
NEVER

>well-executed beach episode
Eh this one didn't sit well with me. Too lighthearted and out of place for the series in my opinion. You could say there was some good character moments and it showed the characters' horny teenage mindset, but it still felt like any other anime beach episode. I liked the ruined city bit though.

>I liked the ruined city bit though.
That was my favourite part too. I especially enjoyed pic related - sort of eerie.

If only Ichigo had gone into that bookshop though. Cucked by 02 again.

Also, as has been mentioned a lot on Sup Forums, I get the feeling that this will be the last light-hearted episode that we're going to see for some time. Too many flags have built up and there was a lot of foreshadowing in today's episode.

Don't really see the appeal in Franxx

Even Sup Forums is quite split over it too. It's certainly not going to appeal to everybody, especially considering its inconsistent pacing. Personally I'm liking it more as it progresses, despite its flaws. As of today's episode, I'm really enjoying how they are building up intrigue and highlighting the flaws in the relationships of each of the couples.

>I especially enjoyed pic related - sort of eerie.
Same, it makes me wonder how far the series will go with its relationships theme.

>If only Ichigo had gone into that bookshop though
You mean the doctor's office where Kotoro got the book? Why?

>Too many flags have built up and there was a lot of foreshadowing in today's episode
I doubt all of that will be paid off immediately, we still have 5 more weeks until the 12 episode mark.

Robutts.

>Even Sup Forums is quite split over it
You say that as if Sup Forums isn't split over everything. Besides Trigger (or at least Trigger collaboration) shows are always massively divisive.

>really enjoying how they are building up intrigue and highlighting the flaws in the relationships of each of the couples
I'm worried how it looks like fatso is going to suffer by way of liking his partner more than she likes him, but Zorome is having a healthy relationship with his.

>that delicious ponytail

>You mean the doctor's office where Kotoro got the book?
No, the bookshop where 02 accosted her.

>I doubt all of that will be paid off immediately
Of course, but by the end of today's episode I was convinced that either the next episode or the one after it will be SUFFERING.