So this is still the best film thats about dragons right?

so this is still the best film thats about dragons right?

>including live action

I want to fuck Hiccups leg stump.

Yep
That soundtrack though

It took years but someone finally surpassed Dragon Heart

I have to agreetwith you there OP

>someone mentions this movie being one of their favorites
>ask if they read the books
>"there were books?"

yes, sad the sequel wasn't as good, though still decent

The books are really different from the movies though
I was uninterested in them at first because of that difference but I changed my mind later so you can't blame them

I honestly feel that the books are so different to the films that they are only similar in name alone, the tone and style of the book is completely different to the film.

They should have introduced the characters from the show.in the second movie

The sequel exists.

I love both of them but I think the first one is slightly better
The sequel had some pretty epic moments though

The sequel jerked us around too much, the first one felt a lot smoother with the plot points.

I have to agree with you there
Hope the 3rd would be as good as the first

OP here, I just pretend the books don't exsit

Hopefully they learn from some of the problems in the second movie, yeah. The TV series has been pretty great, though I harbour a visceral hatred for Heather and the writers shoe-horning her into it.

has anyone seen petes dragon? that movies not going to overshadow this one, is it?

>yfw the Eragon movie

No I don't think it'll be as successfull as HTTYD. Is it good ?
Personally i dont hate her i liked her chemistry with dagur and even fishlegs but yeah they should lessen her parts and give the other characters a bigger role like astrid,snotlout and the twins

Dear god, don't remind me. My younger brother also ended up getting the video game as a Christmas gift.

The second one is better but yeah.

They pretty much ruined her for me when they gave her a speshul dragon, unique and impractical weapon, and super angsty speshul backstory. I also kind of get irked at how all the dragon riders seem to adore her for vague reasons.

I like what they're doing with the current TV villain though, giving him the whole "Merchant of Death" character type.

Yeah the antagonist are some of the most appealing aspects in the show
I liked dagur's obsession or how viggo was actually smarter than hiccup making him more threatening than any of the other villains while having physical gain as his only goal

I honestly hate it. It feels so much like something designed to appeal to people who never actually liked dragons to begin with, by turning them all into cats/dogs.

I know, it hurts.
The tone of the books is just so much better.

Did you ever read the book Shrek is based on?

Do they still have Alvin the Treacherous? Or is the running gag of "dude appears to die gruesomely but instead just comes back missing a another body part" too much?

I like both movies and the show.
But i would like to see Snotlout and the twins more. Especially Ruffnut. Love the moments of them being casually right.

The sequel was shit. Hiccup's mother was a bitch. But the movie doesn't treat her like a bitch.

and the chicken
Don't forget about the chicken