So they're totally gonna waste him on a villain they're gonna kill off in the end huh?

So they're totally gonna waste him on a villain they're gonna kill off in the end huh?

That's the Marvel method. Considering he hasn't even shown up in any of the trailers, I expect Malekith levels of face time.

It's a Marvel movie, so yes.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Marvel will go back to formula.

They've wasted and killed every villain who isn't Loki, so what the fuck do you think?

>Considering he hasn't even shown up in any of the trailers

Watch again.

More accurately, he's had very little screentime in the trailers.

Sucks because Mads is a genuinely good actor and Marvel are idiots for wasting him

well him, Zemo and maybe Red Skull

Kingpin too

Fuck this shit if he's not Dormammu. Since he can't be Doom, Dormammu is the only role I can accept him in.

Red Skull is never coming back so he may as well be dead.

It'd be cool if he 'died' and became the vessel for some outer god or demon.

>fans are still mad bad guys die at the end of comic movies

Most action movies end with the villain dying because it's the proper resolution to the level of threat they present.

I don't understand why the rules need to be changed for comic book movies. Do you want them to feel even less like actual movies just so you might have the option of the guy coming back at a later date?

Comic movies already have enough issues with not feeling like individual movies, that would make it even worse.

He looks exactly like Malekith

Fair enough, but do they have to be so one dimensional? Walking around yelling about how evil they are and not a whole lot else? They're fucking boring. There's no depth. There's very little personality.

I really wish they made him Doom.

And let's be honest, most villains aren't interesting the second time they come around. I mean, are any of you even remotely interested for Joker's return? Or Jessie Eisenberg Lex Luther? Or do you villains to do horrible things and keep coming back making it feel like they never get their comeuppance?

He'll be the vessel in which Dormammu will step into the carnal world.

That would actually be cool, different character, but we still get Mads

BATROC LIVES!

>Fair enough, but do they have to be so one dimensional?

Well no, but most summer blockbuster bad guys are one-dimensional. It's pretty rare to get a big-budget villain with any depth to him.

Jesus christ I forgot about him

And just like Red Skull, he'll never show up again.

They set up a Red Skull return just in case but its clear he's unlikely to come back at this point

My issue is they get these good actors and give them shit roles or don't do anything with them besides use them for name recognition.

Yeah. It's really interesting to see how comic book fans assume a certain style of storytelling, even when that style has little precedent even in other comic-book movies. I think people primarily into comic books and people primarily into movies do have very different ideas about storytelling. Like how comic book fans have always assumed stories will be told over several movies, or say things like "it's too early to introduce so-and-so in the first movie" or "do that storyline in the first movie", when movies are all about cramming a story convincingly into a 2 or 3 hour sitting, and have been making epics in which the story spans decades or even centuries since the beginning of film (see Intolerance).

Weaving said he doesn't want to come back but that he is contractually obligated to return if Marvel wants him to come back.

Red Skull will come back but with a new actor.

Abomination is still alive.

But I think people get too hung up on the keeping villains alive thing in Marvel movies.

It's the cosmic shit that's the big unifying thing on the enemy side and forces the individual heroes to team up because they can generally take on smaller threats solo.

I also think the MCU movies have succeeded by focusing on the heroes, so that we're following their stories and relationships with each other more than their relationships with their foes.

I think one of the reasons the DCEU films struggle to give anyone other than Superman/Batman an identity or forge relationships between them is because they also have to compete with Luxor/Joker story and relationships and presence every other movie.

Thor having to constantly deal with his relationship with Loki instead of with the other Avengers is one of the reasons why I think he feels like the most "outside of the group".

I mean most of the time it's just a chance to let a good actor ham it up and have some fun.

Cross from Ant-Man was a pretty one-dimensional villain, but letting a great actor like Corey Stoll do his best unhinged Lex Luthor impression was pretty entertaining. Not deep at all, but for what he was I enjoyed him.

Then of course you have Malakeith, which was a great actor and character design in service of nothing.

I think it's fine if some villains die. It depends.

For example, Panther stopping Zemo from putting a bullet in his head? Eh.

PROTIP: A lot of high-profile actors accept these roles because they're one-and-done. If all villains were brought back, half of them wouldn't have done it.

Look at Joaquin Phoenix. Dude was crazy about playing Doctor Strange, but ultimately didn't because he didn't want to commit to sequels and Avengers movies.

Who are the MCU Masters of Evil? You can bring dead villains back to life. MCU Zemo doesn't really seem like the type of guy to lead a supervillian squad. Stane or Killian would probably arrange things, and get together Abomination, Yellowjacket, Crossbones and Klaw.

Yeah but they've shown they don't put up with actors that drag their feet too much.

If they did bring him back I'd wager it would be a recast

Stane and Killian are dead, aren't they?

>You can bring dead villains back to life

The so far unseen real Mandarin should definitely be the leader. Makluan science could even explain any resurrections you might want.

Personally, I wouldn't resurrect anybody, but in addition to Abomination and Klaw, the crew would consist of legacy versions. Blacklash and Crimson Dynamo for Whiplash tech, Living Laser for Extremis etc.

What was his name again?

Kaceylicious?

You know what I want? Justin Hammer back. I mean, that nigga got tossed into Seagate, the same place where Luke Cage gets his powers.

Maybe he gets a little jealous of Tony and his newfound popularity and stages a breakout right? Maybe whatever he does to breakout messes up the machinery working on Luke causing the accident?

Or maybe he's the one who pays the guard to fuck it up, after Luke beats him up one day for being a dick?

Shit, what if he's the one who proposes the idea to the wardedn in the first place?

I just miss that guy, he was very entertaining

>Are you interested in these terrible characters coming back
We're interested in the interesting characters coming back. People were hyped for Crossbones and will be equally hype for Batroc. Zemo is well anticipated and Loki is one of the most popular characters.

Kaecilius. He's just a Mordo goon in the comics, but seems to essentially be classic Mordo in the movie.

Still hoping they'll go for the twist he's the real Mordo, possessing Daniel Drumm's body to spy on the Ancient One. Then Daniel dies, setting up his brother Jericho for a sequel appearance.

I can't think of a better actor to play Doom in live-action someday and it wounds me that Marvel didn't even consider it and save him for a time when they can use the character in the MCU.

That's because Leto's Joker and Eisenberg's Luthor both sucked

Shouldn't you be complaining about FOX not casting him as Dr. Doom?

Well it would make sense if Dr Strange or any of these movies were intended to be one-off action movies, but they aren't.
Nearly all of them are meant to have one or two sequels, plus appearances in other titles.
Recurring villains would give the sequels more weight. For fuck's sake, it's how they're building up Thanos. If he were introduced in Infinity War 1 and then killed in Infinity War 2 it wouldn't be nearly as cool

I always wanted Justin Hammer to come back and fund a Masters of Evil team.

No one wants Fox to try Doom again.

No, I'm quite glad they didn't cast him as Doom in a flop worse than the last FF movie.

His face will flake off and he'll become Dormammu, then start chewing the fuck out of the scenery for many movies to come I hope...

>I mean, are any of you even remotely interested for Joker's return? Or Jessie Eisenberg Lex Luther?

Yes, people were very interested in their return. Moreso than they were interested in many of the new characters being introduced.

That's the issue with recurring villains. If they brought back Red Skull in Winter Soldier, would they have given as much time to building up Widow/Cap/Falcon or had time to develop Winter Soldier into an eventual turncoat.

Well to be fair if marvel gets the rights back to him he'd be wearing a mask anyways....

Why would he wear a mask?

why WOULDNT Doom be wearing a mask, wtf you smoking?

When did they kill off Red Skull, Zemo, Abomination, Leader, Justin Hammer please bring back my husbando , the real Mandarin, the fake Mandarin, Thanos, Nebula, Batroc, Nighthawk, and General Ross?

>Nighthawk
huh?

Since Mads won't be playing Doom, who would you want to see play him when Marvel inevitably gets the rights back

Christoph Waltz

The guy who kidnaps Trevor Slattery in "All Hail the King" is Jackson Norriss AKA Nighthawk.

Anybody can play him physically, you just need the right voice and characterization.

What do people remember about Darth Vader, David Prowse's "acting", or JEJ's voice?

What if he's already back? And leading the new hydra from the shadows all this time?

Prowse is the true Lord Vader!

Mads in a mask that he never removes.

Red Skull was and remains my favorite MCU villain. He was truly larger than life and had impeccable style. Pic related is the portrait of him that was being painted when Zola walked in on him, it wasn't actually shown in the film at any point for some utterly baffling reason.

He was no Doom, of course, but he was honestly the closest the MCU has come to a grandiose Doom-style villain; he was simply too anger-prone and wasn't able to turn the tables when things gradually went downhill for him.

>Anybody can play him physically, you just need the right voice and characterization.

That's not true. Imagine the memes if Doom's actor was fat or a manlet or had weak body language.

Even your Darth Vader example demonstrates this. If anyone can play Vader, why did they choose Prowse instead of James Earl Jones? Prowse was chosen for the role based on his stature and physical acting. Darth Vader would have been much less intimidating if he wasn't so tall or if his character wasn't expressed through physical cues.

>If anyone can play Vader, why did they choose Prowse instead of James Earl Jones?
Racism.

When I said "anybody", it was hyperbole. Obviously you need the right body type and someone that can emotes a little. But that person doesn't need to be an actor like Mads Mikkelsen, that'd be kind of superfluous.

It couldn't be that JEJ has the wrong body type for Vader or anything.

>Imagine the memes if Doom's actor was fat
Doom never was and never would be fat, but I just wanted to note that you can be a fat guy and still be a physically imposing and intimidating villain. See: Sydney Greenstreet's classic villains.

Does Nebula even count since she's just going to be a good guy next time around?

He is black. So it has to be racism.

Is there anything to confirm that? It took multiple movies for Bucky to go from being a bad guy to an anti-hero who turns into a bad guy whenever someone reads a phrase.

He is infinitely better than all of the evil businessmen/politicians that seem to be the only villains they can do.

I didn't know that Abomination, Zemo, Leader, the real Mandarin, the fake Mandarin, Thanos, Nebula, Batroc, and Nighthawk were politicians and businessmen.

Nebula is in the concept art that James Gunn released showing all of the Guardians as of Vol. 2. It seems likely she'll be making a face-turn in the movie.

Abomination, Zemo, Leader, the real Mandarin, the fake Mandarin, Thanos, Nebula, Batroc, and Nighthawk are going to be at my birthday party.

>Nighthawk

He's in the MCU?

All Hail The King oneshot.

Squadron Supreme movie when?

I forgot that they filmed the movie with Prowse first but his voice was ass so then they hired Jones. So, it not racism but I don't think Prowse was hired for his physical acting.

Holy shit, I thought he was just always fat

But when you do it every time it gets a bit stale and boring. Not to mention it's pretty much the easy way out for taking care of the villain, I just want to see something done differently for once.

>Abomination is still alive.
I think Marvel wants to forget Incredible Hulk ever happened. Just look at how Betty was swept under the rug. And Thunderbolt Ross isn't even a general anymore in Civil War.

Oh my god, just look at him! Does he look like is going to be something other than Evil McEvil and kiled in one movie?

If this is not a mentor turned into villian, he is going to be even more one note.

The real Mandarin was a businessman scientist that created AIM.

Which is bizarre considering it was better than most of their movies they've put out. I think they just want to forget about Norton, which is a goddamn shame since he was way better than ruffalo.

That and no one mainstream gives a flying fuck about solo Hulk shit so they know they won't profit from Hulk references

Agreed on both points.