Can we all agree that superspeed is essentially the most broken power short of prep-time?

Can we all agree that superspeed is essentially the most broken power short of prep-time?

Does anything defeat prep-time?

How

Depends on how ridiculous the superspeed is.

When you can move faster than a person can think, you're pretty much unstoppable save for the most insane bullshit.

Telekinesis can, if you've got enough power and fine control, basically duplicate every physical ability there is.

This.

While I hate to say it, a fight with the flash is dumb. unless you have forcefield silliness he's knocking you the fuck out. And if he doesn't it's most likely because of some bullshit excuse.

Reality warping/magic/toonforce shits on everything.

You can't move faster than a person can think, that would make you superluminal.

You can only move faster than they can react (anything up to 0.5 C) or faster than they can process (processing speed is an independent function derived at the lower end from C - which dictates how fast your nerves can transmit information using electron transfer - and at the higher end conditional upon various complex factors to do with consciousness, observation, unconscious observation, and so on and so forth.

Basically though beyond all of that it doesn't matter if you can or can't think and move at superluminal speeds, only whether you're paying attention. Being able to move "faster than a person can think" doesn't help you if you can't or won't take in your surroundings, nor does it enable you to move through solid matter. Locked in a box or just standing in an open field staring forward, your speed counts for nothing.

And Jean Grey is the most broken Superhero ever.

Dr. Manhattan could whoop dat nigga ass doe

>You can't move faster than a person can think, that would make you superluminal.
What

That's called jobbing. Granted the League wasn't being controlled if I remember correctly

>toonforce
What other characters besides Slaptick and freakazoid have this power? also does toonforce makes you immortal?

>also does toonforce makes you immortal?
Toonforce is what allows Wile E. Coyote to survive falling off a cliff every 3 minutes.

As long as it's amusing, Toonforce can allow you to do anything.

Captain Carrot in DC has this. His essentially allowed his entire universe to survive the original crisis and every reality rewrite since.

>What other characters besides Slaptick and freakazoid have this power?
Harley Quinn.

At the absolute upper end of your thinking speed, you can't "think" any faster than the nerve cells that compose your brain can transmit information. This is done by electron transfer between cells (and processes within cells which are markedly slower than the speed of light). Electrons can't move faster than the speed of light (because they're particles with mass) but speed isn't really a relevant thing (other than that upper limit); there's no good answer to how fast electrons travel. However, it's pretty fucking fast, and a lot faster than you can really "think", certainly many orders of magnitude faster than you can react, you meaty sack of crap.

>Harley Quinn.
So i guess the Creeper have toonforce too right?

Nah, just about any power can be as or even more broken when creators stretch the definition of the power.

They were being controlled, by the Joker because of some virus or some shit

>What other characters besides Slaptick and freakazoid have this power?
Big Head.

>also does toonforce makes you immortal?
Generally yes.

>he applies the laws of physics to comic books

Speedforce, faggot.

If you were stuck at a specific speed for the rest of your life, which one would you prefer, Sup Forums?

Twice as fast? Ten times? A hundred? Put in an eternal timestop?

Let's say for the sake of the exercise that you don't age faster and your metabolism stays the same. So from your perspective a day may last a lot longer but you still only need the same amount of food, sleep, etc... a day.

Toonforce isn't a real power for most characters. It's just a Speedforce-esque catch all for any instances where the characters' actions put themselves into positions where the joke would become un-funny.

It's not that they can do anything as long as it's funny, it's that if applying physics would cause anything they're doing to become un-funny, those laws are temporarily suspended.

According to the villains wiki, this is also an ability of Peter griffin

Who's the artist on this?

>Toonforce isn't a real power for most characters.
I'm speaking of when it is (and is essentially reality warping)

That doesn't explain hammerspace that most toonforce users have.

Flash OP, pls nerf.

I meant to say Peter griffin has toonforce too

Shapeshifting is the most OP power because you can turn yourself into someone with super speed, or give yourself telekinesis and heat vision

but superspeed is up there

He's as nerfed as the plot requires him to be.

Any time it's said that a character can move faster than a person can think, that's complete bullshit because how the fuck can a character move faster than his own thoughts?

Presumably they think faster too, and just move faster than the average person thinks.

That's still stupidly fast.

Damn, dub trips. Yeah I knew it was some shit like that.

You would also need a doctorate in physics, but I agree

Still better than Slade just sticking a sword out.

That's not the same thing. Most shape shifters can't gain the powers of the person they change into. And someone like The Barry could just take them down before they could process the thought to shape shift

Now that was some might fine PIS

>Most shape shifters can't gain the powers of the person they change into
Except that one kid on the playground.

None of that says that moving faster than thought would make you be super luminal. You'd just have to move faster than electron impulses, which move at ~120 meters per second at higher estimates. That's several orders of magnitude slower than light.

Prep time got me an A in physics (2-4hrs a day) and I can't into maths for shit. It's good stuff.

The Mask, the cartoon and maybe comic version too. Any zany cartoon type, like Bugs Bunny, Woody Woodpecker, Droopy and Popeye.

Only better than super strength because even capeshit knows that Strength Force sounds stupid.

Outside joke books no. The others have it officially listed. HQ would still get her shit slapped in in a bloody fashion in a Batman/Suicide Squad book. And last I heard Creeper is le edge now.

That's not Toonforce, that's Plotforce, a lot of non-cartoon characters use that as well. It's the same thing as Toonforce, just for plot.

That is to say, if character is trying to do something and not being able to do something would entail ruining the plot, laws of physics are temporarily suspended so that character can do thing.

Man I love these. Sauce?

Very few characters actually have that power. Bugs Bunny is one of the major cases. Road Runner actually isn't, because most of the time Road Runner isn't actively trying to bend reality, reality just bends around their actions when it's funny.

depends how good/shitty you are on it

not shit tier like mystic where its a superficial change , the kind where you can change your dna and molecules

A shapeshifter couldn't take barrys power because its essentially magic

but quicksilvers is genetic, if you copied his DNA you would have super speed

Waiting for the Trade

Yeah at least with batman they bothered with "I threw enough money to buy everyone on the planet thrice so that the computer can do this for me and only if hoefully flash is jobbing his speed"

Being an Author self insert in the most broken power

You're right, we can't go that fast.
But the Flash can.
That's the speedforce at work my dear user. It shields both the Flash and the world around him from the effects of someone going that fast in atmosphere, while also empowering him to go that fast.

Only when it's handled poorly. Which 99% of cape speedsters are.

The most broken power is editorial.

Ten times would be okay I guess. Fast enough that suddenly you're super human, not so fast that every day drags on forever.

Personally I live a life style that wouldn't be too troubled by being faster than everyone else. So the day is running long? I'll just take a nap.

Bruce Wayne: The Power of Embezzlement.

Speedforce was a mistake.

The Flash isn't a speedster, he's a reality warper who thinks he's a speedster. Just like Sentry.

Movie Quicksilver isn't super speed, it's time manipulation.

>Very few characters actually have that power.
But some do, and those cases tend to shit on everything else like reality warping and magic does.