Cosmic Storytime of Pain: ALL of Bendis' Guardians of the Galaxy #3

>You all know what high place Sup Forums holds DnA's GotG in. You all know that the general opinion about Bendis' GotG is "it's shit". But how much of it have you really read? Of course it's shit, but WHY is it shit?
Until now, we have read about how important Earth is. About Gamora's character being entirely about Thanos. We had BLAM! MURDERED YOU!, made-up swear words, J'Son suddenly being a tyrannic prick. But the true pain starts now. Are you ready to see Teen Jean spy in everyone's head, powercreep to cosmic level and solo the Imperial Guard off-panel? Are you ready to see the Guardians be captured and escape prison once again for no reason?
On our way to read all of the post-2012 Marvel Cosmic runs, we're about to just hit a massive wall of awful!
This is Brian Michael Bendis' Guardians of the Galaxy.

FUck I forgot to link the previous threads in the OP
Well,
#1 #2

Aaaand now I forgot my image.
Great.

>bendis trying to rip off Claremont/Cockrum's X-Men in Space stuff

gross

I like how the Guardians look like villains in the cover here.
But fuck if I love Immonen.

ALL of Bendis' ANXM was a ripoff of something Claremont did better 30 years prior

ok so this whole thing is Shi'ar try Jean for what Pheonix did right? So Bendis just forgot/ignores that the entire climax of DPS was a Trial by Combat on the Moon? Like they had the trial, Jean pleaded guilty and suicide'd!

I mean it's not like it's an important story or anything

JEAN = MASSIVE CUNT
BOBBY = FAGGOT BUT A COOL FAGGOT

>Let's combine Bendis' godawful GoTG run with his god awful X-Men run

WHY

well i mean most X-men comics are post-95 or whenever. i don't really like that xmen in space stuff honestly

this is before the reveal right? lets try to see if bendis foreshadowed!

FUCK OFF JEAN HOLY SHIT I HATE YOU SO MUCH

Sort of, but it's worse than that.

SERIOUSLY KILL YOURSELF JEAN OH MY GOD I FORGOT HOW MUCH OF AN UTTER CUNT SHE IS

Scott all 3 of you have horrific futures ahead, don't baby Jean!

Scott's righteousness resonates through time and space, even Teen Scott is right

>well i mean most X-men comics are post-95
I don't get what you're trying to say fàm

Based Bobby

Immonen and Pick Ellie art, think of that at least.

user is saying that the franchise has been riding the Claremont years since he left.

Anyone knows what he was singing anyway?
I like that he spends his free time making snow angels and singing

Pretty sure this armor is traced from some vidya

Ohhh right. Thank you.

Where are Scott, Emma, Magik and the other students?

Most X-writers just try to emulate Claremont post him leaving the books.

Suffering Kitty brings me joy

Scott needs to start wearing a Magneto helmet.

also Emma isn't silver?

Stuart Immonen is one of the greats, seriously. Look at how well the action flows here

nah Immonen is better than that. i mean it might be based/inspired by something

i'm so fucking mad he's being used on Star Wars and Bendis shit. I mean it's super great for him making money but not for me!

Can someone please link this thread at the end of the previous one? I'd do it myself but the cooldown would go to 1 minute

Is Bobby Our Guy?

>they took Jean!
and nothing of value was lost

>i'm so fucking mad he's being used on Star Wars and Bendis shit. I mean it's super great for him making money but not for me!
same here

Beast please snap out of it

How much of a x-fag are you op ?

Angela and Rocket are bordering AWAKEN MY MASTERS level of dramatic posing

Quite a lot I'd say. Why?

>the mad titan has disappeared
I really need to go back and see the canon explanation in Infinity

Your dislike of O5 is more than understandable

I mean, as often with bendis, the IDEA behind it is understandable.
Using the O5 as a meta proxy to explore how the X-men idea has evolved and has maybe brought the mutants more pain than joy and has some seriously fucked backstories now

But then it got completely squandered and the plot point of them returning back got dropped in-universe without reason

Nice fanservice with Gamora here at least.

Oh, I've looked at Infinity #6 and Tony tells the Illuminati "I've told [the others] that I would take care of Thanos".
So technically the Avengers did know that Thanos is on Earth, it wasn't supposed to be that much of a secret. Fucking Bendis again I guess.

this is why i'm not as freaked out, even if i don't think it'll happen, of the idea of bendis as an editor. he finds good creators and helps come up with good ideas but doesn't have to execute them

>cue "we're losing intelligence" sequence from Team America

>NOT WHEN I SHIFT INTO MAXIMUM OVERRETARDATION!
Seriously, he knows this is past Jean who hasn't done that yet, and Original Jean already did have a trial. She died at the end of it.

Of course, all this if we go by the new unexplained canon brought in by AvX that that was actually Jean and not the fucking Phoenix posing as Jean after assuming her memories
What a travesty this whole thing is

lol at Supreme Intelligence calling the stupidness of O5

That hood is as unconspicuous as the TMNT wearing trenchies

I agree with this.
He's also good at understanding the general traits of a character, when he cares of them. That's the same reason why he tries to spin some of those traits in new directions. Most of the times I think he doesn't "get" it, but again as an editor he might do ok

WASTED

>mention of the Earth because who cares if the Badoon blow up another planet lol

Why is fucking Peter of all people there to recount this while Gamora and Drax actually are much more knowledgeable about the X-men?

So the Badoon home planet can be infiltrated multiple times without a care in the world but everyone knows it when a single ship enters Earth atmosphere?

I like the Badoon being like "This is fucking stupid"

why are the aliens so aware of the faults Bendis??

Now confront this page with and you'll see that the colorist didn't see eye to eye as with what time of the day it is

>yeah take this giant purple ray to the face slut

When you think about it, the ANXM had
>BotA
>Stryker's son X-23 arc
>now this
Shit

Sorry, internet stopped working for a minute

>where is [full name]?
Why must Bendis do this. Why would Scott not simply say, Jean.

Take this, you fucking cunt, you are nothing without your bullshit powers

tbf Jean Grey is basically her superhero name

it is weird though

But Gladiator is the position he holds too.

That would be Marvel Girl, though. It's not like Emma Frost that never had a costumed name
And Scott wouldn't call her by her full name anyway.

>like a Disney princess
FORESHADOWING

I take solace in knowing that Teen Jean is crying by herself in a dark room without her powers as they speak

They don't know they're hostile, in theory.

I bet they have Vulcan's portrait in their closet

Ah, Laura's shining personality

If that's still the Spartoi ship they stole in issue #3 they could've tried to pass off as Spartax military

Too bad it's not a punishable offense to be a shit character

She literally hasn't, in every possible sense of the sentence.
Also pretty page

Gee it's almost like it's unpleasant when a telepath looks inside your soul without permission

Did Drax and Angela even board that ship?

Oh, right, about that...

Although I can't think of a single reason why he would identify as USAF in fucking space

Ah, mind that Corsair died at the hands of Vulcan years prior and just pops up here without explanation, so people were mad when this happened

>Corsair P.I.

Cyclops... had a hard life.

What is he even waking up from, he was fine the page before

I like how everyone always knows everything plot-relevant instantly in Bendis Cosmic

Except it was "Earthers" like Vulcan who assraped your Empire, Kallark
It was Earthers who resolved the first Kree/Shi'Ar was and the Kree/Skrull war and many others

I can take Kallark jobbing, but idiot Kallark is more offensive.

Are we to assume NO ONE told ANYTHING to the kids about their family? Oh, except to Jean because reasons.

Bendis might have botchered X-23, but her autistic persona had a charm to it.

Is anyone reading?

Kallark should've made a WWE entry

OY VEY
THE GOYIM KNOW

I'm now realizing that the new GotG really stole so much characterization as unruly pirates from the Starjammers that seeing the two groups one next to the other really makes none of them shine

>Lilandra
F

Is... is that Teen Jean's ahegao?

Part 5 of 6!
And barely anything has happened!

That tribunal hall looks baller

>she didn't know of the end of the Greys
wut

So getting caught was part of the plan

Who ships it? I know I do.

BRACE FOR BULLSHIT