Isn't this guy supposed to have a god-tier endgame? Like Varys said, "Littlefinger...

Isn't this guy supposed to have a god-tier endgame? Like Varys said, "Littlefinger... the gods only know what game Littlefinger is playing"

The G E N I U S writers have made him go full retard these few seasons and he'll pretty soon be dieded. What went wrong?

Dieded xD

hes a big guy xD

>fire rising in the north and in kings landing
>hotheads getting wacked left and right
>only the big guys remain now
hes on his territory now

his endgame was always pussy.... he was in love with the mother stark now hes following around the daughter looking to upgrade

He dies last episode by Arya. Sansa allows it to happen

He has been so shit the past 3 seasons

For you

I don't understand it really. Like you said OP, he was a major player in the books who was manipulating all the other plebs. In the show he just acts sneaky and has a face on him. I don't blame Aiden Gillen either, I blame the hack script writer and director.

What the fuck is he even doing in Winterfell? His entire plan has boiled down to "I want to fuck sansa". If he was written with even a modicum of intelligence he would realise that EVERYONE in Winterfell hates him and he's gonna die very soon. Instead Aryas gonna cut his dick off while Brienne yells YUSSSSS QUEEEEENNNN SLAYYYYY

fuck this gay earth

Well he had a plan but dragons/arya returning and being a shadow assassin/brann becoming basically a god etc etc fucked his plan. Even Littlefinger can't foresee that shit happening. Unless le ebbin 48d Trump chess

reeeeeeeeee reeeeee reeeeeeee muh books

fuck off D&D

I need some major sneaky shit to happen from him in this season or ill give up hope, god it would be such wasted potential

Not even that, the show doesn't hold up on its own. You literally need to read the books to make any sense out of this shit.

What is the next step of his master plan?

>Arya kills littlefinger
>Bronn kills the dragon but is then killed later by roasties
>Jamie survives with Bronn, goes back to King's Landing sneaking in on Dany's army.
>Cersei kills Dany
>Cersei kills John Snow
>Cersei kills Tyrion
>Jamie kills Cersei and is the new king

Screencap this.

Fuck this show

You forgot the biggest
>Jon marries Daenerys
It's literally cannon, Davos saw it.

Like said, his "plan" was reduced to getting that sweet pussy instead of something actually intelligent. He wouldn't even be in Winterfell if the show-writers knew what to do with the character. I'd be fucking surprised if they didn't kill him off this season. The show has seriously gone down the drain.

they clearly haven't known what to do with him since Catelyn died
his last interesting scene was on the ship with Sansa after Joffrey was poisoned
but now he is just repeating the exact same scenes over and over

All he's done the last few seasons is lean against the wall in the hall of winterfell and give Sansa the "I Told You So" stare. Then follow her around and smirk
That's it

genuinely what is he doing in winterfell

he is basically lord of the vale

he owns harrenhal (or does he not own it any longer?)

all he does is walk around winterfell trailing after sansa while she ignores him

and he gives brann the fucking knife that tried to kill him???????????

who wrote this shit?!!!!!!!!!

They don't marry. They hint at it several times but John is a beta faggot and never does anything about it. They die in each others arms and say 'I love you'

They ran out of book. There are a lot of ways to make pure pottery out of him being a cuck boy, but there's no book anymore to steal from, so they'll just kill him off

He was after Sansa as a means to gain power in the North but fucked it up by underestimating Ramsey's cruelty.

Now Sansa will never be his and Brienne / Arya are in the way.

I would have thought he still had a chance to play some game with Sansa by pitting her against Jon Snow but her reaction to Bran having the dagger put a stop to that.

He is pretty worthless now.

DABID happened

Too bad you're probably wrong...

Is everyone here suddenly retarded?
Isn't it obvious his plan was/is to use Sansa to become king in the north?

>tfw he would be better than any candidate for rulershi^p in GoT now to rule Westeros and america :^)

sansa hasn't fucking looked at him with anything other than contempt this entire season tho, why is he still there

he knew sansa was never going to give him that poosy let alone fucking marry him. he has been fucking around in winterfell doing shit. no northerner would ever follow him, not in a million years seeing how he got ned fucked

D&D happened, they're genuinely not intelligent enough to write this type of character.

This, partially
Taking into the account the seed he had planted with the Queen of the Vale and Sweetrobin, he's actually gone through with a life-long masterplan.
This was always his endgame. He controls one of the seven kingdoms, and a powerful at that.

The whole reason he is chasing Sansa is so he'll make an heir that'll own both the Vale and the North, which is why he partook in the assassination attempt of Bran. He'd accept marriage between Robin and Sansa, but ultimately would've fucked Sansa behind Robin's back, just like Cersei did to Robert.

Next up had to be Robb. If the war didn't take him, he'd have to get him killed at the wedding. This makes sense, as Roose never really showed any prowess at manipulative action. There's also the argument that Roose plotted with the Lannisters, where Petyr is one of the main people to go for dishonest actions.

Rickon, as well as the other Stark children would be an easy target in his mind, once Winterfell was sent into ruin. He knew that by setting things in commotion like this, someone would have to want Winterfell for themselves.

Once Catelyn died, he felt remorse, and now only wants to take care of her children, instead of killing them. This is partially why he escapes with Sansa, after assisting in the murder of Joffrey, instead of letting her be executed by Cersei. He knew that a marriage between the Lannister king and the Tyrells would pose an impossible enemy.

Littlefinger always had this grand endgame, and it makes sense since the identity of who hired Bran's assassin is hidden, especially now that he gave the dagger to him.
Chaos is a ladder, but he's stuck, because love shows to be a greater ally in the end.

first he has to go through with the flight plan

>seeing how he got ned fucked
obviously no one in the north would follow him anyways,
but the shit that he did still isn't known by the majority of the country or it's rulers
the Lanisters and Varys are the only ones alive that know
bran will be the one that tells the rest

D&D doesnt care about him so might as well portray as some loser cuck so no one cries when they kill him off in a few episodes.

Arya's going to kill him and all the AryaFags are gonna go online and say "LOL ARYA PWNT LITTLEFINGER. #BAMF" Half the fans of Game of Thrones are degenerates

you'd think brann would have some better fucking things to do now that he's omniscient.

He has run out of smart plays because his plays inevitably put people who will never trust him in charge. His only recourse is to try and eventually stab them in the back, which won't happen because now that Arya is on the playing field and she will kill him for assisting in her fathers death.

You wouldn't say anything about his actions if the starks were destroyed back when he initially was making moves. He would still be in the good gracr of the Lannisters and would be able to continue to work behind the scenes. He is incapable of doing that now since he backed himself into a corner with allies that don't trust him.

>be dabid
>have to write an actually intelligent character now that you don't have books to go off of
>get upset that you can't so make him really dumb instead and kill him off
BRAVO DABID

nope, it's already confirmed
he tell's arya and sansa what littlefinger did. that's how ciaman dies

this

>brann would have some better fucking things to do
Bran using his power to out a traitor that is hiding in winterfell trying to steal command of the north is a pretty important role
Jon is doing everything he can to unite the houses to fight the undead, can't have a schemer trying to ruin shit and cause another civil war and rebellion in the north

The problem is book Littlefinger comes off as non threatening yet some how he rises ladder. In the show he's like KNOWLEDGE IS POWER, and everyone mistrusts him. Umm fucking dabid, the point of Baelish is everyone DOES trust him except the very few smart characters.

bran doesn't need to be the three eyed raven to see that littlefinger is fucking useless right now...

We had this same thread last week.

what's with everyone calling him littlefinger? i assumed that was a name only a few people called him.

If he wanted to fuck her why not do that when they are in the Vale when he had full control of her? What did sending her to the Boltons accomplish? Then later tagging along with her when she is in the protection of her home and her family.

Yeah littlefinger usually "helps" people but it then benefits him more, like his advice to Ned to confess and various favours to cerise to get Harrenhall etc

littlefinger is running the vale, which is the north's biggest ally right now

His endgame is having his throat slit to show that YAAAAAS QUEEN SLAY outwitted him. His legacy will literally be the guy who sat around doing nothing for several seasons until the showrunners decided they needed a major death this season to keep the audiences hooked.

you mean his endgame was pusy

>Convince Sansa your her only friend
>Fuck her and marry Robin to her
>End up in control of the largest kingdom of Westeros and the kingdom wiht the best knights
>Defeat Cersei and win the Iron Throne

The only shit part about his plan is Sansa's resistance and Dany being around.

>everyone
barely anyone even talks to him, the starks call him littlefinger because they have no respect for him, they know he is a weasel
the very few other people who do talk to him call him lord baelish

which is why killing him should trigger a war but nope.jpg

Well everyone calls him littlefinger behind his back. Its not really an insult.

>the only thing capable of undoing littlefinger is an omniscient autist
i guess i can't be too mad

Even if those three weren't there he would still be a useless drone in winterfell. Sure he is lord protector of the Vale and what else ? He traded a position of influence in the king court to be a glorified baby sitter for sweet Robin.
Another user said that his endgame was always pussy and that would actually make sense but in the show they destroy that by getting him to marry Sansa to Ramsay.
I'm sure the writer only tought about that situation as
We need a way to bring Sansa to winterfell and remind peopel that ramsay is evil before we kill him off.
Oh Dabid why not take the jeyne poole storyline but put sansa in there ?
GENIUS !

>Isn't this guy supposed to have a god-tier endgame?
Yes and for the most part he's done a fucking great job. But he can't compete with faceless men and time wizards.

Lord Royce would be the closest thing to a leader of the vale once littlefinger dies. robbin is basically just a ward a this point, no real power yet
Royce has already stated he doesn't trust littlefinger, but respects the marriage of Lyssa Arryn and the word of Sansa at their trial
Royce will remain loyal to Sansa and the rest of the Starks, will certainly not go to war with their biggest ally over some weasel he never trusted

His gameplan in the books is so clear compared to the show, despite being more detailed. He sits on his arse as the Lord of the Vale, the one kingdom untouched by the war while waiting for an opportune moment to kill Robin in some 'accident' and fuck Sansa. Once the war is near over he can ride out as the big hero to lend support to whoever was going to win anyway. He then ends up as a conquering hero with the eventual King or Queen in his debt, Sansa as his wife and the whole north and Vale as his. Then he can start working on toppling the Iron Throne itself while everyone thinks he's the good guy.

Show Littlefinger is just following Sansa around being creepy with a KILL ME sign attached to his back.

How dare you, lf literally thinks of every possible action and outcome of that action at every moment of his wake life, he is an omnipotent being that took into account shape-shifting assassins and other omnipotent beings such as himself. Finale will be him and bran playing an "i see a million steps ahead" chess game with bran thinking that he is won yet not a moment later realizing that he has lost so he forfeits without even making a single move.

On a slightly related note why the fuck did he basically told in public that renly is homo for loras in the first season? Wasn't he supposed to be subtle guy that doesn't ruffle anyone's feathers, or was that one intentional? I'm talking about the bet during the tournament.

He's gonna die like a little bitch just like a number of other characters. I always laugh when people are hoping for these big arcs to redeem these characters that just sort of disappeared at some point along the Dany and Stark Family Adventures.

It's going to be

>Arya kills Littlefinger because of Sansa
>Bronn kills dragon then dies
>Cersei kills Jon Snow and Tyrion
>Jamie kills Cersei
>Dany kills Jamie, becomes queen, then goes mad

Not defending him, but when you change character motives and personalities but have the events play out the same, it creates a massive clusterfuck

>that doesn't ruffle anyone's feathers
that's what he enjoys the most, spreading rumors that weaken any competition
Renly was constantly mocked by others because everyone knew he was a closet homo
marriage is a big diplomacy move, and two of the most eligible knights in westeros were weakened with these rumors

>Show Littlefinger is just following Sansa around being creepy with a KILL ME sign attached to his back.

kek, so fucking true. What the fuck is this guy even doing besides giving shady looks at people and random smirks?

>yas queen slay
can ya'll shut the fuck up for a second and explain this stupid ass meme to me?

Fucking hack writers ruin another character. I won't be surprised if they butcher the last season too.

it's exactly how it sounds
some fags cheering on their queens

>imagine being Littlefinger and playing this great game and thinking 15 moves ahead.
>All your pieces are lined up when... one of your pawns reveals itself to be a time traveling omnipotent deity

it's a phrase unironically used by generally leftist women to complement other "strong women." on Sup Forums you use it ironically to point out hamfisted feminism real or imagined

Sure but it feels like being discrete would suit him more, there it felt like a power move to put renly in his place, didn't feel like it was made by a puppeteer player.

i really don't believe anyone fuckin does this, dany looks like an evil character at this point. jaime fucking lannister is more sympathetic than this bitch, she's about to get STANNISED.com

>What went wrong

The need to measure success by number of snaps issued from problem glasses watchers.

Correct, it's sad actually, he was really interesting, one of the few reason I kept watching the show, knowing that he's gonna YESS SLAYED because of Bran's autistic powers makes me mad

everyone already knew at this point, except the starks who were knew to the south

>All your pieces are lined up

thats the point. show littlefinger has no "pieces" lined up. instead he's being creepy in winterfell and chasing that poosey when he should be in the fucking vale

Are they basically setting Littlefinger's fatal flaw to be that he's a fedora'd m'lady type who unironically believes in the friendzone?

>Cersei kills Jon Snow and Tyrion

I wish, but it's never gonna happen, they're obviously the fans' favorites

I think he will find out Jon Snow got resurrected and start turning his own men against him by claiming he is a Whitewalker.

This, it's comical how bad his character has been on the show.

What's his point? The show would be the same with or without him. D&D should have scrapped Littlefinger if they weren't going to do anything with him. He brings nothing to the table (on the show)

>fans' favorites
irrelevant once the final season begins

*wet fart* gaaayyyyy

Yeah, that is why he sold Sansa to Ramsay. All about love

his endgame isn't god tier
his goal is as he stated, to sit on the iron throne with sansa at his side
his current scheme is somehow pitting sansa and jon against each other so that he is necessary to her
his misstep was basically teaching sansa how he plays the game and then telling her exactly what he wants
sansa will be the end of him

littlefinger is gonna die before Jon even returns to winterfell

Snow might die since he is a white man but Tyrion is a cripple so he will probably survive

>too busy imagining all possible scenarios to do any scheming

My guess is that Littlefinger's character is one of the ones that drew the short straw when the writers had to make changes to tge script to qrap everything up without the books. His character is probably one that diverges greatly between the ending in the books and the show.

TL;DR he's suffering the same fate as Victarion and Lady Stoneheart only it is more noticable because he used to be a major player. My guess was if D&D knew this was going to end up happening when they started, they would have never built him up in the first place. If they could go back they would take out that Varys line aboyt "Littlefinger is the greatest threat to the seven kingdoms". We have already seen this happen with Barristan Selmy.

>Implying the books now wont just copy the ending of the show

Wait
>play the game
>The Game
>The Game of Thrones
Pottery

It sure was a good idea to base a tv series on a series of books that haven't been finished yet.

>tfw no one even thanked him for saving their asses from literally getting skinned alive by the boltons, ungrateful stark brats

His plot Forest make any fucking sense anymore. I'm glad dnd can just end it be execution.

>His plot Forest
I am now going to call an overly complicated and/or convoluted plot a plot forest from now on.

based

>It sure was a good idea to base a tv series on a series of books that haven't been finished yet.
This has never been the issue. Martin told D&D everything about how the books end years ago. Plot arc and character absences/changes have more to do with stylizing the story to better fit a more streamlined format. The problem is that they had originally had Littlefinger built up as endgame material and it's pretty clear they only recently changed their mind.

>so what's the next step in your master plan?

>SMASH ALAYNE

This

His fatal flaw is his obsession with cat stark. His OG plan was to marry her then when he learned she was off limits he commited his life to just nihilistically causing chaos and seeing how far up he can go. He literally states this in season 2 in his brothel.

He has no endgame. He died when cat got married and now he's just seeing how far he can go, it's all meaningless.

We've seen this obsession be a flaw since the first season where ned literally almost cuts his throat right then and there just for hiding cat in a brothel.

He's a smart man who has been taking tremendous risks since he has nothing to lose. With great risk comes great reward, hence his success. Eventually his luck just runs out. He's fucked everyone over, no one likes him, sansa isn't innocent enough anymore to buy into his schtick. I'd say he had a pretty fleshed out character with a really good run.

THE REAL BULLSHIT IS VARYS. HES SPENT 20 YEARS SECRETLY CONDITIONING THE BEST LEADER EVER AND PUTTING ALL THE PIECES IN PLAY FOR IT TO WORK AND THE WRITERS JUST SAID NOPE NO FAEGON.

THEN WHY DID HE SEND THE TARGS TO THE DOTHRAKI HORDE DABID???? HE OBVIOUSLY WANTED THEM TO DIE OR BE ENSLAVED INTO IRRELEVANCE.

WHAT WAS SHOW VARYS ENDGAME IN SEASON 1? THE SHIT MAKES NO SENSE DUE TO THE EXCLUSION OF FAEGON!