I´ve just recently started watching Samurai Jack for the first time in my life...

I´ve just recently started watching Samurai Jack for the first time in my life, trying to fill the void the last show I watched left me with. And, experiencing this cartoon for the first time as an adult, with no previous interactions with it as a kid, I must say this feels like a pretty unique cartoon.
The humor is simple and moderated, the action is a pretty prominent aspect, the protagonist is quiet, yet really identifiable and interesting, and what everyone remembers Samurai Jack for, the silent moments. There is a lot of time devoted to the atmosphere and just quiet moments in which not much seems to happen, but wrap you in the world nonetheless. I have never seen a cartoon like this before. What does Sup Forums think about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/owmWC.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bumping some images to get the thread going

you never watched it before? damn, i feel bad for you, user, but at least you watched it now

Samurai Jack was shit. Aside from the "jump good" episode the whole thing was unbearable.

How were the comics?

It's pretty unanimous that both it and Genndy are held as god tier in these parts

Personally, one of my all time favorites

Where were you when the power of dubs brought us salvation?

and people doubt that meme magic is real..

Yep. It has me hooked, to be honest

Well, be prepared to get Punished Jack soon. To finish the setting.

really good

Who would be Aku's voice actor?

Greg Baldwin more than likely

Same position as you, came to Sup Forums for the first time in months just to find a Samurai Jack thread.

I did watch a couple of episodes as a kid, but I was extremely confused because I thought Jack was professor Utonium.

Kek

Funny you should mention

i.imgur.com/owmWC.jpg

Is this canon to Season 5?

I honestly didn't like them.

It's aged so well, I love it. They really nailed everything about it.

>not posting the full one

Varying, but it really doesn't matter because
They are considered not canon, said by Genndy during early showcase of the new season.

>Samurai Jack
>Shit
Projecting preeeetty hard here man

Wait what? I never noticed this before holy shit

>mfw that city is the only one with talking dogs, all other dogs in the show are normal
>mfw jack makes it back to the past and professor utonium is his descendant several generations later
>mfw mojo turns green and japanese because of exposure to chemical x

I'm also watching Samurai Jack for the first time and I must say that I love when Jack wears different outfits.

>Chemical X is a sliver of Aku

Holy shit. It explains so much.

>Him was never able to beat them despite being god-tier whenever they're not around because they're made from a far worse evil god than he

And if we go by the "Jack is an ancestor of Prof. Utonium" , that means that eventually, not only did Jack go back to the past, he defeated and imprisoned Aku along the way.

>Jack's grandson used Chemical X to make the Powerpuff Girls
>Aku is now a force for good, making Jack's triumph total and absolute

New headcanons right here

HEADCANON...ACCEPTED!

God yes

He looks pretty good as a blonde

This is retarded. Continue.

those ideas have been around at least ten years

BLEEDMAN

I was not aware, but I'm glad other people share my special brand of autism

Has the number of episodes for season 5 been confirmed?

It's ten episodes, but it's more like a 5 hour movie split into ten parts

Confirmed at Annecy and SDCC

I know it sounds impossible, but World of Light is actually pretty good despite being a fancomic continuation of an official crossover comic "Super Secret Crisis War".

Bumping because good thread and Samurai Jack is awesome.

It's a masterpiece and quite possibly the greatest cartoon ever made

JLU is god-tier but man, think about it.

Oh yeah, the DC ones were pretty good too.