After this GOT season shitshow, what can we expect from this...

After this GOT season shitshow, what can we expect from this? At least we know that Sapkowski prose is way better for this format than Martin's prose.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VF7kqc7th0A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>black people
>strong feminist witches that dont need no man
>le racist kings are the evilest

Lots of characters turned black

Niggers everywhere.

This. Theyre going to make the sorceresses out to be good people serving justice and make all of the kings evil despite it being the opposite

They'll remove everything slav and make it a generic edgy fantasy. Witcher is only good because of how slav everyone is, it's just comfy

It's going to be ruined and you know it.

Idris Elba as Geralt

The witcher story is terrible. The fact that the only good thing to come out of it was a videogame shows how bad it is. Cliched fantasy trite

i tried playing the first game and couldn't make beyond 10 hours. horrible.

Sea of niggers.

Adapt Hearts of Stone, you fucking faggots

RADOVID SUCKS FLACCID COCKS

I don't like it when people claim something is a power fantasy, but if you've got a main character that is immune to STDs and live an abnormally long life you've got a power fantasy on your hand

>make all of the kings evil despite it being the opposite
Radovid was pretty fucking insane m8.

Hopefully lost of monster slaying.

The guy who plays Bronn on GoT would make a good Geralt

Why the FUCK did they have to make it live action instead of animated?

What we could have got
>Animated series
>Unlimited creative freedom
>No worry of fucking up the "cast picks" because it's animated
>Riding off the success of the Castlevania animated series
>Brought back the video game voice actors

What we're going to get
>WE WUZ WITCHERZ N SHIET
>CGI riddled shitfest
>Kike "jokes" and "quips"
>A total black washing of the cast with Idris Elba playing "Da Black Wulf"
>Ciri/Yennefer taking centre stage as the "YAAAAS QUEEN, SLAY" feminist pandering
>Triss will be played by some fat black woman because that's what is considered "THICC" among the normies that this show would pander too

Thats what i thought until i played witcher 2 and learned why every1 deserved it
Dwarves and sorceresses are much more evil than radovid

> thicc triss
god pls
> Rihanna as Ciri

It's a stretch to call all Dwarves evil.

Regardless Radovid has much more influence and fucks over literally all of temeria with his witch hunters in W3.

contamination

This I could see, or the guy from Get Out because he's a little bit blacker. Then all the "monsters" will just be white men that he and his 3 white witches which he has orgies with on the reg have to kill them.

The dwarves were basically jews

>sapkowski prose
>good

maybe it's the bad english translation but even the first book (widely agreed to be the best) has laughably bad prose

foltest was the only good king, and even he had some serious flaws

the rest of them were dickheads

Why is everyone expecting the show to be ruined by forced diversity?

It's not being made by Netflix, they only picked it up. It's being made by an actual Polish director and Polish production company who adore the source material and have worked on the cinematics for the games, as well as taking direct input from Andrzej Sapkowski, the actual author of the books.

If anyone's going to keep the casting and direction of the show in check, it's Sapkowski, the old moody guy who threw a shitfit at the games, despite them actually being fairly accurate and faithful to the books. No way he's going to stand by and allow the main cast to be any other race than 100% white or let the writers deviate from the themes of his books. I trust him.

watered down story with clear cut good & bad

>It's being made by an actual Polish director and Polish production company
I didn't know that. Actually feel hopeful about this now.

>t's Sapkowski, the old moody guy who threw a shitfit at the games, despite them actually being fairly accurate and faithful to the books.

He's just an old man butthurt as hell he took a flat fee rather than royalties and that the games ended up more popular than the books

Pretty much, but he's also very defensive of them too.

He literally said ā€œIā€™m thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories, staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing.ā€

I imagine he's taking a small dig at the games as well as being genuinely happy when saying that, so I doubt he'll let them change anything.

no one would even give a shit about his books if not for the games

he should be thankful that CDPR ever adapted his shit

Yeah. It's being directed by Tomasz Baginski, the same guy who directed the opening Witcher 1 and 2 cinematics, as well as the 'Killing Monsters' trailer for The Witcher 3 and the Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer.

And it's being produced by Platige Image, the company Bagsinski worked with to actually animate and create those cinematics/trailers.

Yeah, he's kind of a dick. But now we're counting on him to make sure he keeps the show accurate to his books.

but will they keep in the rape?
and lesbians?

Who cares? No shit, lots of fiction is power fantasy to some people. What matters is if it tells an interesting story, has a unique setting, and/or characters that are worth getting to know.

Rape? Maybe, Sapkowski will definitely push for it

Lesbians? Most likely, don't see why not.

Witcher is going to be the Breaking Bad/True Detective of fantasy tv shows if done right.

>>CGI riddled shitfest
How would this be a bad thing exactly?
youtube.com/watch?v=VF7kqc7th0A

Niggers as far as the eye can see.

More concept art for the show.

It's probably gonna be the same with the Sorceresses, they were always grey

The lodge, especially in the novels, is basically a caricature of modern feminists. A bunch of wannabe political schemers who engage in one fuckup after another and are constantly duped by strong male characters (Vilgefotz, Geralt, etc...). In the end, it is also implied that all major members of the lodge end up slaughtered by Mad Rad.

I'm looking forward to see how much retconning they will do.

It is natural and beautiful for a man to love his own sister, user.

>what can we expect from this?

BLACKED

No, seriously they're going to turn up the SJW dial to full blast but simultaneously completely botch the racism allegory in the treatment of fictional races which will instead be flanderized back to the closest generic fantasy version, ruining the entire point of them as portrayed in the Witcher.

>Netflix
enjoy getting maybe 2 seasons if you're lucky before they cancel it due to budget problems

>Last Wish
>Sword of Destiny

Would be for the best for it to only get two seasons.

Won't be able to hold up to the vidya but it still has the potential to be pretty good.

Does the Lodge exist in the books? I was under the impression everything except the main characters was essentially made up for the video games.

sjw boogyman
haha man epic

now im hype

This. It's Netflix they've chucked themselves to sjw oblivion and there's no sign of stopping. It's why I cancelled my subscription.

I havn't read the books but I think it does since they often discuss an event with the lodge that didn't happen in any of the games

thanedd island or something

Yes. The novels describe how the lodge was founded after the disband of the brotherhood of sorceress and their first various shenanigans involving politics and Ciri, which end up all failing horribly, leading to the second northern war with Nilfgaard and (later) the witch hunts.

The greatest evil won't be magic but politics, so it will lack the 90% of the reasons of why Geralt feels depressed as fuck about himself

it will suck

Sapkowski isn't nearly as much of a dipshit as Martin and is much less tolerant of having his work fucked with. The second Netflix attempts to shoehorn in some neoliberal bullshit he'll throw a shitfit.

Niggers? Isn't that an opportunity to cast Slavs?

Radovid is a fucking retard and it's idiotic that no wizard or witch assassinated him long before you even get involved in Witcher 3. Like just fucking teleport a bomb on his ship.

Radovid is a genious and thinks realistically
This is why he wins wars despite being horribly outnumbered
The sorceresses are retards

They should just keep it CG and use the same Voice actors and everything.

this
radovid is insane but a strategic genius at the same time

considering Radovid beat Emhyr if Geralt doesn't have him assassinated, somehow I don't think he's a retard.

I don't know if it was the translation or what, but the fucking books are absolute trash. I like the world he created, and I love the games, but holy shit those books are unreadable nonsense.

>he didn't assassinate Rad so Temeria can at least exist in name if not what it once was
Canon ending.

And this is related to pissing off all magic users in the North? He has no mages loyal to him. It makes no fucking sense that nobody assassinated him. Looking at the shit sorceresses do in W3 it's even more stupid. Triss could just nuke his ship from the other side of the river.

And his armies doing anything to Empire armies that employ mages is ridiculous. Just look at the crap Yen did in game and think what it would affect battlefields.

It's shit writing. Witcher books are terribly written crap. Games are great but writing still isn't that good. Some parts of the plot are great like pretty much everything related to Aen Elle. But the politics are ridiculously bad.

I preferred temeria but that wasn't my reasoning

when that dirty cunt djikstra tried to pull a fast one and kill my absolute boy roche I was NOT having it.

alternately you can just break his leg in the bathhouse and radovid wins the war

Dijkstra actually ends up being the best ruler out of the three.

>djikstra
Slippery fuck got what he deserved. Fuck, what an unlikable character he was.

I killed him,w hy you fuckin' wiht my boy Roche? we were ride or die.

This quest was so bad. It makes 0 sense for Djikstra to suddenly become so stupid. He should know better than attack you with like 5 random fags.

And Radovid assassination was stupid too. It looked like Filipa could do it herself. You were not even needed there yet it never happens if you don't help them.

This. Surprising but i also couldnt kill my boy roche
Thats a good point. I like how radovid hunts the witches but how could they go against one. Like in w2 when a sorceress snuffed out an entire battlefield then cursed all of the troops.
Wonder what excuse the devs or author has

It's the translation. The books in english are barely readable and I really doubt it's even possible to do a better job since Sapkowskis style is very specific. Anyway, the short stories> piece of shit> the novels

>This quest was so bad
It really does fall apart towards the end. When the quest first gets introduced I was really excited, but it was a real disappointment.

maybe djikstra just didn't know how good friends roche and geralt were (assuming you took the correct path in witcher 2) and thought geralt wouldn't care

>This. Theyre going to make the sorceresses out to be good people serving justice and make all of the kings evil despite it being the opposite
You ain't read the books, you aint played the games, and you probably watched a stream half drunk. Not a single fucking character within the witcher universe can be called good because anyone who even trys to act remotely good for reasons that don't benefit them will fucking die

geralt is probably the most morally good person in the universe

or shani

If you kept reading the discussion the conclusion is that he is the lesser evil
Relax btw

OFFICIAL SCRIPT LEAK:

>Yennefer, bored and disenchanted with her life at Geralt's side is looking for a way to liberate herself from patriarchal oppression. On her journey she meets a young witcher from the School of the Bull - Tyrone...

Netflix rarely cancels shows though. And the ones that do get cancelled either have no viewership or were so obnoxiously expensive (Sense8, Marco Polo) that they couldn't justify spending money on their low viewership numbers.

The best part is how nobody even cares or reacts to the fact Radovid died.

Roche was my nigga, I would have torn down the whole kingdom to save the man.

Even triss, the best girl?

its going to be full of niggas and chicks chopping off wangs. no way it will have 90 percent white people.

>best girl

Utter plebian

user, this isn't your dream journal.

The entire main quest with Ciri and evil badass elves from another world was 10/10. Through Time And Space may be the best quest in video game history. Baron plot-line was great.

But politics were really, REALLY bad.

They will have 1 or 2 characters tag along Geralt the entire series just to have dialog thrown back and forth and shit drama added.

So sick of you fucktards leaving your containment board.

@86060889
Dude ur so weak if u get even 2 yous ill be surprised

Books are fucking terrible. I'd know, I'm a pole. We used to laugh at Witcher books and the terrible TV series in school.

Games took the best parts of the trash Sapkowski wrote.

Oh fuck me, I forgot they were making this, godammit. If they got like mad mikkelson for geralt or someone else fitting I might be down but as is I'm not on board

>Netflix
It will be total fucking dogshit, they'll probably try their hardest to ape GoT.

I loved the whole attack on kaer morhen and its cutscenes

>geralt standing outside as the frost descends and his breath turns to fog, as he realises shit is about to go down
>geralt, lambert and letho in the woods Pwning fucking elf shits
>triss making that sword go all firey and fly into that cunt while ciri runs him off the building
>eskel vs caranthir
>vesemir's death

Fuck you, Witcher short stories are considered a classic in Poland and swept various book award ceremonies. I never heard anyone trash talk them, although pretty much everyone agrees that the saga sucks. Tv show is a completely different thing too, and rightfully considered a complete joke.

Okay okay, Ciri is actually the best girl, and the best ship for geralt. But since people are weirded out by that, I usually default to triss, second best.

Ves death was so perfect for this game

>young witcher from the School of the Bull - Tyrone

>Witcher short stories are considered a classic in Poland

Witcher was a laughingstock before games happened. It was incredibly niche polish fantasy very few people cared about.

I dont know if you re middle schooler or super pretentious /lit/ faggot but Witcher books were bestsellers in Poland and were translated to multiple languages even before the first game was released.